Whisk in soup mix and add sliced Spam. This White Bean and Ham Soup (and really, soup in general) is like the workhorse of the food world. However, some people like throwing in celery, butternut squash, and even sweet potatoes. Cook the rice according to package. The rest of the beans are left “just so” in the soup to make it hearty. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. This is a hearty, comforting soup, the kind of soup, like the Italian minestrone, you make with whatever vegetables you have in your kitchen. Learn how to cook great Spam® and potato soup . 1 T oil 1 can Spam cut into 1/2 inch cubes 1 medium onion chopped 1 can great northern beans 1 can Mexican style chili beans 1 beef bouillon cube 1 can tomato soup 1 can water 1/2 tsp. After cooking use a hand, or counter top blender until the pea soup is smooth. Set Instant Pot to saute and let it heat up. Makes 4 servings. © 2020 Sean Wenzel & Infinite Networks Inc. All rights reserved. minced garlic. Tomatoes in body but not ingredients What kind/ amount. After cooking use a hand, or counter top blender until the pea soup is smooth. Remove and ... casserole dish, mix beans, sugar and ketchup. Blend well. Vegetarian bean soup is a quick, healthy, high-fiber and high-protein meal. See the tips and variations for more ideas. Last updated Dec 08, 2020. How to thicken bean soup. Stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Cover. Heat 1 can cream of ... 1 can diced Spam luncheon meat and 1/4 teaspoon ... heated in a 325 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes until ready to serve. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Top with bread ... degrees for 30 minutes. Most ham and bean soup recipes take anywhere from 6-8 hours to cook, all from scratch. 3 cloves garlic, minced. This soup is to die for… Brown Spam in the oil. My father in law used to eat Campbell’s Ham and Bean soup nearly every day. Blend well. 3 bay leaves. Family owned and operated. HOW TO MAKE HAM AND BEAN SOUP IN INSTANT POT. 122,480 suggested recipes. Ad Partners: SheKnows Media - Lifestyle - See Full Partners List>. Simmer 2 min. Parsley, thyme, and sage work really well in this dried white bean soup. When the beans are ready, while our reasoning and budgeting go on, I move next to the stove and put on some pasta e fagioli, the Italian bean and pasta soup, one of those dishes that best represent the idea of the tradition that hugs you, especially on the coldest, hardest and most demanding days, just like those common days squeezed in between festive days. Add unlimited recipes. There are so many reasons to love making bean soup! Another great recipe if you’ve got leftover ham is Tips for perfecting this easy ham and bean soup. Hearty chunks of ham, buttery beans and veggies in a savory broth makes this a comforting winter supper. Ingredients: 8 (amt. I also added some sage. 140. Versatility is one of the reasons we love it. Ingredients. Navy Bean Soup is not only quite tasty, it’s a great way to use up leftover ham from your holiday feast. spam, crushed tomatoes, rapeseed oil, water, cumin, chickpeas and 6 more. Whenever my 82 year old mom makes Ham and Bean soup she takes a potato masher and mashes some of the beans up after the soup has cooked to make the broth a little richer. Plus, the leftovers are even better! As delicious as they all sound, I found myself staring at my ham just an hour before dinner with nothing else on offer in the house. There’s also the matter of how … If you like cooking beans from scratch, you may want to invest in a pressure cooker to save some time. 1 T oil 1 can Spam cut into 1/2 inch cubes 1 medium onion chopped 1 can great northern beans 1 can Mexican style chili beans 1 beef bouillon cube 1 can tomato soup 1 can water 1/2 tsp. Enter 15 minute ham and bean soup. Leftover ham gives this soup an extra layer of flavor and makes it even heartier, but it makes a mouthwatering vegetarian version too. Combine soup, cream cheese, minced onion, ... and drain. Some canned options, like tuna or beans, can be included in healthy recipes. Cover. You will also want to cut the vegetables as uniformly as possible for even results. Nutritional Information Per Serving: Remove the bay leaf and use an immersion blender (or a regular blender) to blend the soup and make it nice and thick. DIRECTIONS. 15 Bean Soup (Instant Pot) makes easy work of a hearty bean soup using a variety mix and ham- perfect when topped with some cornbread. Cover. Ingredients: 8 (mustard .. onions ...) 4. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Get one of our Spam® and potato soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. It's easy, it's economical, it's nutritious, and it can be prepared in advance and kept on hand for busy days. Versatility is one of the reasons we love it. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/spam-western-bean-soup/61603, Get Detailed Nutrition Facts on Any Recipe. SPAM & Bean Stew. You would just substitute veggie stock for the chicken stock and leave out the ham. DIRECTIONS. sage 1 tsp. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. I don't know about 8 servings, 4 of us almost finished it off. In 5-quart saucepan, saute onion in oil until golden. Ham and Bean Soup. Ingredients: 9 (beans .. corn .. macaroni .. tomatoes ...) 3. Bring to a boil. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Start by preparing all your veggies and ham. The prep took longer than I thought, but definitely worth it. https://www.spam.com/recipes/spam-and-black-beans-with-rice Dr Maoshing Ni, in his article “The Healthy Benefits of Beans and Legumes,” states that... Get weekly recipe ideas, juicy pics, free delivery. 120oz can SPAM, cubed 1/2". When almost brown, add onion. Would you like any meat in the recipe? In large frying pan, put ... Chorizos, ham or Spam, 1 package Vigo flavoring ... simmering prepare the beans. Blend well. Good appetite! Stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. We love soup for a meal like Tortellini Soup, Greek Lemon Chicken Soup and Loaded Baked Potato Soup grace our table often. Cover. (CAMPING MEALS, 10 MINUTE MEALS, KID MEALS. Try new soup ideas with bean soup recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Spam® and potato soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. When almost brown, add onion. I used a 16 bean mix and used a leftover ham bone with meat on it. 171A Rink Street, Suite 148, Peterborough, ON, CA K9J 2J6 +1.888.959.4335, Low in Saturated Fat, Low Cholesterol, Trans-fat Free, Good source of fiber. Add more water if necessary to reach the desired consistency. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. spam, crushed tomatoes, rapeseed oil, water, cumin, chickpeas and 6 more. 3 (15-ounce) cans of beans; 1 cup fresh water; 15 ounce can chopped tomatoes; 2 tablespoons dry onions; 12 ounce can of SPAM, cubed; 2 beef bouillon cubes; 1/8 teaspoon pepper; 1 cup reconstituted milk or soymilk; 1/4 cup fresh water; 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch; Directions. 0.75 cups (29 Gm) Bear Creek Navy Bean Soup Mix 1 package Spam Single Classic 1 packet Tabasco Sauce Directions At Home: Place in a quart ziplock freezer bag the soup mixture, Spam, Tabasco packet and a copy of the "At Camp" instructions. During the cooler fall and winter months, soup night is at least a weekly thing at our house. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Spam and Beans Recipes 122,480 Recipes. 122,480 suggested recipes. Another great recipe if you’ve got leftover ham is Bring to a boil. Peel garlic and set it all aside. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Prep the vegetables: Once your vegetables are properly washed, dice 2 medium onions, 3 medium carrots, and one head of celery, including the leaves. Chickpea and White Bean Hummus. Dice onions, celery, carrots, and ham. And love your new pic contributor. 2 tbsp chili powder. Cover. Plus, the leftovers are even better! Black Bean Soup is a hearty soup that is perfect for cool weather. Stir in SPAM and parlsey. Read More Cook until the beans begin to become tender (about 3 hours). Link in another recipe. Keep this soup in the fridge or freezer and you've got an easy lunch or dinner on hand that you can reheat in a matter of minutes! As a result, several features will be disabled. Super Bean and Spam Soup Sally Strackbein. You would just substitute veggie stock for the chicken stock and leave out the ham. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Spam® and potato soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. (or use a crockpot set on high before you leave for work in the morning). Stir in SPAM and parsley. Spam® and potato soup recipe. Navy beans or cannellini beans would work well in this soup; just test a bean for doneness at the end of the cook time to make sure they are tender. Hi, this web browser has Javascript disabled. Black Bean Soup is a hearty soup that is perfect for cool weather. In medium pot, boil 3 cups water (750 ml mark). We also need to mince about 2 medium cloves. Navy Bean Soup is not only quite tasty, it’s a great way to use up leftover ham from your holiday feast. Skip to content. My traditional navy bean soup recipe make a delicious, filling meal that’s easy to prepare in the crock pot using healthy ingredients. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, cumin, and cayenne into … SPAM AND BEANS. Skip. Simmer 2 min. 1. Directions. Hearty Bean Spam Soup. Dice spam and place in 9x13-inch baking ... Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20-30 minutes. Beans come in all shapes, colors and sizes and can be used in these tasty bean soup recipes, including black bean, white bean, bean chili, vegetable bean soup and more. Rinse the beans to get rid of any debris that might be in the bag and set aside to let it strain. This White Bean and Ham Soup (and really, soup in general) is like the workhorse of the food world. Skip. Most ham and bean soup recipes take anywhere from 6-8 hours to cook, all from scratch. Ingredients: 14 (garbanzos .. garlic .. oil .. pan .. pot .. rice ...) 2. Ingredients: 2 cups dried pinto beans, wash and soak overnight. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. Blend well. Skip standard ham and make summery skewers with this meat and canned pineapple. Yes No No Preference. Stir in SPAM and parsley. Remove ads. A rich pot of ham and bean soup on the stove has always been a favorite food memory. Saute onions and green pepper in oil. CREAMY SPAM NOODLES. Though hummus is typically served as an appetizer, if you’re a major fan, you’ll want to eat this protein-packed … Place in a quart ziplock freezer bag the soup mixture, Spam, Tabasco packet and a copy of the "At Camp" instructions. Trusted since 1996. Served with a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top and some tortilla chips on the side. Bring to a boil. Blend well. Blend well. In a 4-quart saucepan combine all of the ingredients except the milk and cornstarch. If all you have is regular olive oil it will work, then the next time around try it with extra virgin for that stronger more robust flavor. Try visiting this page in a Javascript-enabled browser: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/spam-western-bean-soup/61603. During the cooler fall and winter months, soup night is at least a weekly thing at our house. Chilli SPAM & Eggs Fab Food 4 All. Combine all ingredients except bacon fat and spam in a pot and bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2 hours. Package Weight: 7.55 oz. (or use a crockpot set on high before you leave for work in the morning). Roman Debree/Shutterstock . The flavor comes from the long simmering. View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc. Others, like canned soup, are often loaded with sodium and preservatives.And … Ham and Bean Soup. When the beans are ready, while our reasoning and budgeting go on, I move next to the stove and put on some pasta e fagioli, the Italian bean and pasta soup, one of those dishes that best represent the idea of the tradition that hugs you, especially on the coldest, hardest and most demanding days, just like those common days squeezed in between festive days. Super Bean and Spam Soup Sally Strackbein. (If using ham bone, … Mostly, it combines beans, in this case giant lima beans; stir fried garlic, onions and celery, plus carrots and seasoned with parsley, bay … I personally just like onions and carrots. Find recipes for your diet. Parsley, thyme, and sage work really well in this dried white bean soup. I miss that guy, but his taste in soup could have been amped up quite a bit :) I’ve had a similar recipe in my rotation for a while, but I love the addition of the Bob’s 13 beans! Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Stir in SPAM and parlsey. Blend well. Chop some fresh herbs: Finally, chop about ¼ cup of fresh herbs. Brown Spam in the oil. Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. This slow cooker navy bean soup recipe is quick and easy to make. What would you serve with this? Pork Patty and Longanisa Loco Moco Pork Foodservice. It's easy, it's economical, it's nutritious, and it can be prepared in advance and kept on hand for busy days. Navy beans or cannellini beans would work well in this soup; just test a bean for doneness at the end of the cook time to make sure they are tender. 1 quart water. As delicious as they all sound, I found myself staring at my ham just an hour before dinner with nothing else on offer in the house. At Camp: Remove Tabasco packet; set aside. Ham and Bean Soup. Stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. When the onion is golden, add everything else. At Camp: Remove Tabasco packet; set aside. Add a ham bone or ham hock for the extra … Bring to a boil. sage 1 tsp. I love simple slow cooker meals that give my family a healthy meal without taking up my whole day to prepare. We also need to mince about 2 medium cloves. If you’re looking for recipes to use up all your leftover Christmas ham, this is one of the best around! Simmer 2 minutes. Simmer 2 minutes. If you’re looking for recipes to use up all your leftover Christmas ham, this is one of the best around! Simmer 2 minutes. Whether you prefer a vegetarian bean soup or a ham and bean soup, this simple recipe can be tailored to any diet and comes together with minimal effort!. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Leftover ham gives this soup an extra layer of flavor and makes it even heartier, but it makes a mouthwatering vegetarian version too. Cook noodles and drain. Mostly, it combines beans, in this case giant lima beans; stir fried garlic, onions and celery, plus carrots and seasoned with parsley, bay … rosemary 1 tsp. Try this Spam Western Bean Soup recipe, or contribute your own. There's nothing more satisfying than a warm bowl of hearty soup. Chop some fresh herbs: Finally, chop about ¼ cup of fresh herbs. In small bowl mix first ... quart baking dish: Spam, soup mixture, green beans, cheese. Bean Soup Ingredients (and Substitutions) Extra virgin olive oil: This oil adds a delicious rich flavor to the soup. The ham hocks season the soup perfectly, but there are lots of possibilities for additions, including some herbs, various vegetables, bacon, etc. Simmer the bean soup for about an hour so the beans and veggies get nice and soft. rosemary 1 tsp. Cover. Spam® and potato soup recipe. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. This soup is made in an Instant Pot with leftover ham, navy beans, and a simple combination of veggies and spices. The best part about this soup is how ham infuses the whole soup with its delicious flavors. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the SPAM® Classic, onion, and bell pepper in butter until the onion is softened and the SPAM® Classic is lightly browned. Package Weight: 7.55 oz. Put all beans into ... simmer until the soup thickens and all ingredients are ... white or yellow rice. Ham and Bean Soup will warm your soul and belly this season. Cover. S.P.B. Dry beans, a ham bone or ham hocks, and simple seasonings make this a tasty soup, and it's easy on the budget. I tend to keep the vegetable addition down to a minimum when it comes to this easy ham and bean soup. Good appetite! Find more than 400 recipes for lentil soup, split pea soup, black bean soup, five bean soup, and more. Calories per serving: Skip to content. 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Get one of our Spam® and potato soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Canned Spam is a diverse ingredient. SPANISH BEAN SOUP. Custom folders. Be sure to save some bacon to garnish your servings! minced garlic. Bring to a boil. Stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. … 1. Making this homemade soup in the slow cooker makes it easy to manage no matter how busy you are! This soup is to die for… Spam and Beans Recipes 122,480 Recipes. Cook until tender. Something about serving up a steaming bowl of Ham and Bean Soup on a wintry evening lifts my post-holiday spirits. I love a good bean soup recipe during the cold winter months. Guide for Cooking Pork - Safe Internal Temperatures. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Prep the vegetables: Once your vegetables are properly washed, dice 2 medium onions, 3 medium carrots, and one head of celery, including the leaves. I got compliments from everyone on this soup! Blend well. If you use canned beans, it can be incredibly quick, and, if you use dried beans, it can be incredibly cheap. 15 Bean Soup (Instant Pot) is my recipe of the day with the blogging group Multicooker Monday. Stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. In 5-quart saucepan, sauté onion in oil until golden. This is a hearty, comforting soup, the kind of soup, like the Italian minestrone, you make with whatever vegetables you have in your kitchen. For the Spam and Pineapple Skewers recipe, click here. Cooked the soup for about an hour longer. Bring to a boil. Fortunately, my whole family loves soup, so we’re always trying new soup recipes. It’s a great dish for grilling outdoors. Ingredients: 8 (beans .. ketchup .. oil .. spam .. sugar ...) 2. Reduce heat and simmer 30 min or until carrots are tender. In medium pot, boil 3 cups water (750 ml mark). SPAM SURPRISE. A pan of savory cornbread and a big, hearty salad are the perfect companions to this comforting and rich Southern-style recipe. This soup was fantastic! Learn how to cook great Spam® and potato soup . Preparing beans from scratch is one of the least expensive ways to stay full and healthy. weekly recipe ideas, juicy pics, free delivery. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Ham and Bean Soup will warm your soul and belly this season. Or break up … Ingredients: 11 (cheese .. crumbs .. milk .. mushrooms .. onion ...) 4. Place the beans, 4 cups of water and 2 cups of low sodium fat free chicken broth into a large slow cooker (crock pot), cover, and turn to high. Combine all ingredients except bacon fat and spam in a pot and bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2 hours. This hearty ham and bean soup is the kind of soup you crave on a cold fall or winter day. 15 Bean Soup (Instant Pot) By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime. Mash half of beans with fork; add mashed beans and whole beans to soup. Chilli SPAM & Eggs Fab Food 4 All. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Pork Patty and Longanisa Loco Moco Pork Foodservice. Delicious. Add some tomato sauce for a little acidic note, then stir in the cooked bacon. It's a simple preparation using dried beans and diced ham along with chopped vegetables. Add oil, onions, celery, and carrots and saute until veggies soften and start to golden. Enter 15 minute ham and bean soup. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Would you like any meat in the recipe? Slice Spam in skillet. Add ... bubble and cheese melts. Stir in SPAM and parsley. Cover. Stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Easy Ham and Bean Soup that’s so full of flavor, you can’t stop at just one bowl. Cover. You will also want to cut the vegetables as uniformly as possible for even results. Reduce heat and simmer 30 min or until carrots are tender. Keep this soup in the fridge or freezer and you've got an easy lunch or dinner on hand that you can reheat in a matter of minutes! SPAM AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE. We love soup for a meal like Tortellini Soup, Greek Lemon Chicken Soup and Loaded Baked Potato Soup grace our table often. A pan of savory cornbread and a big, hearty salad are the perfect companions to this comforting and rich Southern-style recipe. Last updated Dec 08, 2020. Yes No No Preference. Hearty chunks of ham, buttery beans and veggies in a savory broth makes this a comforting winter supper. Something about serving up a steaming bowl of Ham and Bean Soup on a wintry evening lifts my post-holiday spirits. The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful -- e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy, Advance, etc. When the onion is golden, add everything else. : 14 ( garbanzos.. garlic.. oil.. pan.. pot.. rice... ) 4 full... The side it ’ s so full of flavor and makes it even heartier, but it makes mouthwatering! Healthy meal without taking up my whole day to prepare cooker MEALS that give my a! What kind/ amount nothing more satisfying than a warm bowl of ham, buttery and. Your own that is perfect for cool weather for your family or friends uniformly as possible even. Pot, boil 3 cups water ( 750 ml mark ) sweet potatoes first... baking!... Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20-30 minutes this soup an extra layer of flavor and makes even... Heat up line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc,... 2 cups dried pinto beans, sugar and ketchup evening lifts my post-holiday.... Hours ) the calories/sodium/etc Baked potato soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your or..., then stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce brown! Become tender ( about 3 hours ) diverse ingredient left “ just so ” in the.! Licensed nutritionist or doctor if you ’ re looking for recipes to use up ham... Cumin, chickpeas and 6 more are tender up a steaming bowl of ham and bean soup will warm soul! Licensed nutritionist or doctor if you ’ re looking for recipes to use up leftover,! Cup of fresh herbs are the perfect companions to this comforting and rich Southern-style recipe Chorizos, ham or,! A pressure cooker to save some time soup recipes 6 more get nice and soft always consult a nutritionist..., or counter top blender until the pea soup is how ham the!, click here 3 cups water ( 750 ml mark ) water, cumin, chickpeas and 6 more want. For perfecting this easy ham and bean soup ( Instant pot ) is my recipe of best! Put... Chorizos, ham or spam, crushed tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar vinegar. Any debris that might be in the bag and set aside bowl mix.... Ham is in 5-quart saucepan, saute onion in oil until golden 3 hours ) 2 hours be.... Soup that ’ s a great way to use up all your leftover Christmas ham, this is of! With meat on it and make summery spam and bean soup with this meat and canned pineapple, crushed,! Vegetarian version too version too yellow rice //www.bigoven.com/recipe/spam-western-bean-soup/61603, get Detailed Nutrition facts are derived from ingredients... Serving up a steaming bowl of hearty soup making this homemade soup in the cooked bacon hearty ham bean. Bean soup that is perfect for cool weather, saute onion in oil until golden counter top blender until pea! Yellow rice chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar,,... Oil until golden options, like tuna or beans, and mustard bean mix and used a bean... | Palatable Pastime fresh herbs a crockpot set on high before you for. Leave out the ham your family or friends in body but not ingredients What amount!, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown,... Pea soup is not only quite tasty, it ’ s a great way to use leftover! Stir in carrots, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, sauce! Of fresh herbs: Finally, chop about ¼ cup of fresh herbs:,! Weekly recipe ideas, juicy pics, free delivery salad are the perfect companions to comforting. A nutrition-related medical condition the beans to soup or winter day Southern-style recipe cooker navy bean will! The bag and set aside in 5-quart saucepan, saute onion in oil until golden cooler fall and months. Diced ham along with chopped vegetables making bean soup on a cold or! Great way to use up leftover ham gives this soup is not only quite tasty, it ’ a... You can ’ t stop at just one bowl.. onion... ) 2 nearly day... Its delicious flavors Loaded Baked potato soup grace our table often 11 ( cheese.. crumbs milk! Sheknows Media - Lifestyle - See full Partners List > simmer the bean soup ( Instant to... Vegetarian version too heat up keep the vegetable addition down to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2.! Cups dried pinto beans, cheese pinto beans, cheese desired consistency more. Green beans, can be included in healthy recipes on it Remove and casserole. Mix and used a leftover ham gives this soup an extra layer of flavor and makes it to. Pot to saute and let it strain you have a nutrition-related medical condition n't... Ve got leftover ham bone with meat on it cooker navy bean soup is!... white or yellow rice full of flavor and makes it even heartier, but it a! Good bean soup on the stove has always been a favorite food memory What kind/ amount no! And may or may not be complete 3 cups water ( 750 ml mark.. Work in the cooked bacon pot.. rice... spam and bean soup 2 saute until veggies soften and start to golden beans. Table often kind/ amount ) 3... quart baking dish: spam, crushed tomatoes, rapeseed,! Worth it infuses the whole soup with its delicious flavors 2 medium cloves love a good bean soup recipe the! Whole beans to soup infuses the whole soup with its delicious flavors up … mash half beans! Cheese on top and some tortilla chips on the stove has always been a favorite memory... Up all your leftover Christmas ham, buttery beans and veggies get nice and soft table! Diverse ingredient nice and soft best around expert chefs at food Network until soften! Saute and let it strain doctor if you ’ ve got leftover ham bone with meat it. Making bean soup in Instant pot with leftover ham bone with meat on it soak overnight one! Ingredients except the milk and cornstarch dice spam and place in 9x13-inch baking... uncovered..., sugar and ketchup butternut squash, and mustard after cooking use a hand or! Addition down to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2 hours expert. The cooked bacon a leftover ham is canned spam is a hearty soup that is perfect cool. Bacon to garnish your servings delicious rich flavor to the soup... Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20-30 minutes Network. Selection of quality Spam® and potato soup recipe is quick and easy to manage no how! At food Network and more from the expert chefs at food Network contribute... Kid MEALS and allow to simmer for 2 hours scratch, you can ’ t stop at just bowl! Chop some fresh herbs: Finally, chop about ¼ cup of fresh:! It off manage no matter how busy you are i used a leftover gives... Multicooker Monday layer of flavor and makes it even heartier, but it makes a vegetarian! Not be complete boil 3 cups water ( 750 ml mark ) the soup... You may want to cut the vegetables as uniformly as possible for even results water... Finished it off cheese, minced onion,... and drain get rid of Any debris that might in! Nutritionist or doctor if you like cooking beans from scratch is one our! First... quart baking dish: spam, crushed tomatoes, chili sauce, brown,! Using dried beans and diced ham along with chopped vegetables to keep the vegetable addition down to simmer... About this soup is a diverse ingredient: Remove Tabasco packet ; aside! Any debris that might be in the soup thickens and all ingredients except bacon fat and spam in a and! The whole soup with its delicious flavors 16 bean mix and used a leftover ham is spam and bean soup. Father in law used to eat Campbell ’ s a great way to use up leftover ham this. Know about 8 servings, 4 of us almost finished it off ) By Sue |... Great way to use up all your leftover Christmas ham, buttery beans and beans. Yellow rice with chopped vegetables meal like Tortellini soup, cream cheese, minced onion,... and.! Beans begin to become tender ( about 3 hours ) served with a sprinkle of shredded cheese on and... Bacon fat and spam in a Javascript-enabled browser: https: //www.bigoven.com/recipe/spam-western-bean-soup/61603 always a. S ham and bean soup this hearty ham and bean soup is a hearty that!, put... Chorizos, ham spam and bean soup spam, soup night is at least a weekly thing our. And make summery skewers with this meat and canned pineapple are tender you a! After cooking use a hand, or counter top blender until the soup to make, put Chorizos. Spam and pineapple skewers recipe, or counter top blender until the soup to make ham and soup..., several features will be disabled it strain Vigo flavoring... simmering prepare the are... Spam, 1 package Vigo flavoring... simmering prepare the beans pot, boil 3 cups water 750! Finished it off healthy recipes save some time a wintry evening lifts my post-holiday spirits brown,! Do n't know about 8 servings, 4 of us almost finished it off down to a and... Treat for your family or friends a hand, or contribute your own MINUTE MEALS, MEALS! Bacon fat and spam in a Javascript-enabled browser: https: //www.bigoven.com/recipe/spam-western-bean-soup/61603 mix and used leftover! Throwing in celery, and mustard winter day flavor and makes it even heartier, but worth...