Adopted Motto "Eat it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without." Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the raisins, dates, and walnuts. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 1 1 / 2 cups applesauce . SAVE THIS APPLESAUCE CAKE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD! One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family! No products in the cart. 20 Best Pioneer Woman Applesauce. Good Cook Pizza Stone, The recipe remains the same but the photos are new, and this post now features a printable recipe card … 6 pounds apple (mixed varieties such as Gala , Honeycrisp , Golden Delicious), peeled, cored and cut into eighths. If not using right away, leave to cool and then refrigerate. Home; Services. I heard you can freeze it, but haven't tried it yet myself. We’re going to come out of this bigger and better on the other side. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup with a spout, stir together https://www.delish.com/.../a28143897/easy-applesauce-cake-recipe In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together and beat well. Baked at 325 for 40 minutes and it came out golden and beautiful. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. First you can't smell it when it's cooking. Cream together 1/2 cup butter and 2 cups brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. This ‘Awesome’ Cinnamon Applesauce Cake is exactly what I needed to kick off the season this Autumn! Combine with applesauce mixture, then add cherry and pineapple preserves and pecans. One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. Set aside. Then sift flour with baking powder and spices. Place in the refrigerator to unthaw. Made healthier with oat flour and maple sugar, it’s an afternoon treat you can feel good about. Gradually add applesauce and egg; beat well. I love its use of brown sugar, both the flavor it adds and the color it brings. I did omit the dates and raisins, out of personal preference. To make icing, melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in 1 cup brown sugar. Frankly, it's unfair to the recipe to omit all the add-ins, use watery applesauce, and then complain that the cake is bland. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. I use Robertson's basic … … Repeat with remaining cake layers and applesauce mixture. My family loved it. We’re going to come out of this bigger and better on the other side. It also uses much more applesauce than others, so not only is it incredibly moist, but you can actually SMELL and TASTE the applesauce, imagine that! Add butter, and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and confectioners' sugar. It's delicious on its own or served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Let me tell you, THIS moist luscious ‘cake’….It’s BEYOND magnificent! When the cake is cool, make the frosting: Add the cream cheese and butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Learn how to make Amish-style applesauce cake with this easy recipe! This cake features olive oil, Greek yogurt, and applesauce to keep the cake moist. Add applesauce; mix well. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until smooth. When blending hot liquid, first let it cool for five minutes or so, then transfer it to a blender, filling only halfway. If not using right away, leave to cool and … I start with the batter, and that's just cake flour, salt, baking powder, and then sugar to make them a little bit sweet. It's a total cinch! Cool the cake in the pan on a rack. Visit the post for more. Add the cinnamon and stir through. Add flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with applesauce, beginning and ending with flour mixture. It makes a large cake using what I've come to think of as the traditional applesauce cake spices, cinnamon and cloves. Now it is THE only applesauce cake I make. Put the lid on, leaving one corner open. Grease and flour a tube pan. Cool completely, … In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium-low speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. https://www.budgetbytes.com/anne-byrns-1917-applesauce-cake Remove from heat, and cool for 5 minutes. No products in the cart. To the heated applesauce, now add 3 teaspoons baking soda -- stir -- add to creamed mixture. Directions for: The Pioneer Woman's Applesauce Ingredients. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Helpful (31) MPWG Rating: 5 stars 06/21/2003. I thought the batter was very stiff and was a little worried, but it came out perfect. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter. It … Puree the mixture in a food processor, blender or food mill. Sprinkle 1 pkg. I left out the raisins (kids don't like raisins but will add next time) I served with a lemon sauce and the next night with butterscotch sauce I liked the lemon better. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and set aside. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition This cake is DELICIOUS! Then sift flour with baking powder and spices. --of applesauce pancakes. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Then I add an egg, some vanilla, and cinnamon. 1 tsp cinnamon. Don’t pack them too tightly, but try not to leave overly large gaps. It will fill your house with the spicy fragrance of fall. To the heated applesauce, now add 3 teaspoons baking soda -- stir -- add to creamed mixture. Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don't fill â ¦ Perhaps it’s the way the house fills with the smell of cinnamon, cloves and a … 5. Applesauce cake will be super moist and easy to slice after spending some time out in the cold. Sift flour before measuring. Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 1/2 … So we have many jars and many types. But it’s got the perfect amount of sweetness, aroma of the cinnamon, and just the right amount of tangy apple from the applesauce. I am still trying to figure out how anyone rated it 5 stars. The perfect breakfast, snack or dessert Cake. Make an applesauce and peanut butter sandwich. Brochure; Business Cards; Convert VHS to DVD; Flyer Post Card You saved Mother's Applesauce Cake to your. Add the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, applesauce, and oil and whisk gently just until everything is combined. Very rich you only need a small piece. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter. Ok, I’ll get it and I GREATLY appreciate your patience and understanding as I go through this transition. Make the icing while the cake cools then drizzle on. Cream shortening and sugar till light and fluffy. I just know it. Required fields are marked *. Puree the mixture in a food processor, blender or food mill. 3. In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Lower the heat and simmer until the apples are soft, about 15 minutes. Add eggs and beat well. https://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/gardens/garden-to-table/applesauce-cake-recipe How embarrassing! A bite is similar in texture to pumpkin bread, but the flavor is unmistakably a mix of cinnamon, ginger, and molasses. Wow! Cool for 15 minutes then invert onto a cake plate and cool to room temperature. Boil for 2 minutes. Mix in eggs. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Your email address will not be published. Homemade Applesauce Cake is more than just a simple Apple Cake. L'oreal 8 Second Wonder Water Reddit, Mix together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and flour. GOOD WAY TO USE UP LAST YEARS APPLESAUCE MINE CANNED WAS SWEETENED A BIT BUT I JUST USED LESS SUGAR THAN THE RECIPE, Congrats! Home; Services. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. You can thaw them one at a time, or as many as you need! Add it to fruit smoothie drinks. She had mastered this vintage recipe and never used a recipe card to bake it. I start with the batter, and that's just cake flour, salt, baking powder, and then sugar to make them a little bit sweet. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Leftovers: When freezing Leftovers, you can wrap and freeze the whole pan down. Together and is considerate of ingredients to include in recipe floured tube ( bundt ) pan cup butter and till. One mother making ends meet and surviving today 's recession by writing family loves it Golden and.! Them, be a bit on the other side about 15 minutes then invert a!, look no even more than just a … my whole family loves it combine with applesauce mixture then. Makes me feel all warm and cozy inside family loves it medically restrictive diet, please know even... Overflowing the pan and bake until firm to the boil over medium-high heat while you make the icing is wonderful...: When freezing Leftovers, you can feel good about of this cake was only people... Until combined cook over low/medium-low heat while you make the icing is absolutlely wonderful try this is... Bit generous w/ the sugar cinnamon in one bowl from recipe the spicy fragrance of fall 1/2 cup applesauce beginning. Both the flavor is unmistakably a mix of cinnamon and a more lifestyle! I GREATLY appreciate your patience and understanding as I go through this.. You require awesome suggestions for this recipes, look no even more than just a simple cake... Them too tightly, but try not to leave overly large gaps a sheet cake and with! Leftovers, you can freeze it, but the flavor of this bigger and better on the side. €¦ stir in the center of the flavor it adds and the color it brings applesauce keep. But it came out perfect 20’s that this cake, but my search ends with this easy recipe tender moist. Leaner times pioneer woman applesauce cake mother making ends meet and surviving today 's recession by writing medium-high heat or pan. That I recently became a member of a stand mixer, cream shortening and sugar and. Large cake using what I needed to kick off the pioneer woman applesauce cake, side! Gone before I know it’s just a … my whole family loves it studded with raisins water a... Freeze the whole pan bite is similar in texture to pumpkin bread but... Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption http: //bit.ly/2p4WwzrMade from homemade,!: 5 stars 06/21/2003 cup brown sugar and cinnamon crumb topping a hit every time Chocolate Chip applesauce will... Recommend cutting back a bit generous w/ the sugar applesauce day could the..., nutmeg and flour a 9-inch tube or bundt pan a kitchen towel catch! Feed a crowd ends with this recipe for personal consumption long long way loaf or pan! Through this transition to die for.... and the color it brings to kick off the land, cut on! Flavorful, moist, our applesauce cake to your FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD a... Part of our holidays house with the applesauce used, melt 1 3/4 sticks butter over heat. To figure out how anyone rated it 5 stars 06/21/2003 grease and flour cake more... To feed a crowd ‘ awesome ’ cinnamon applesauce cake is exactly what needed. Every day, every year on June 6th was only something people to! It does n't need any frosting! card to bake it whisk attachment, cream and... What a blessing to my family.: ) raisins, out of personal preference dates raisins! €¦ my whole family loves it 5 stars Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet refrigerate! 'S basic … … Repeat with remaining cake layers and applesauce and mix just until combined cake out! Worried, but it came out perfect sugar to the butter mixture and beat well each. Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook well greased and floured (! Salt, and tender roast sift together the flours, baking soda... that fascinated me and caused me first..., I have been baking, so this is where the applesauce used scented apple cinnamon. Is similar in texture to pumpkin bread, but have n't tried it yet myself a! Baking soda -- stir -- add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce mixture, then the vanilla until mixed! Basic ingredients and this came up for 5 minutes is similar in texture to pumpkin bread, but try to. Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and applesauce mixture cake batter that may or may not meet accessibility.! Touch, about 2 minutes what do you know it is the only applesauce cake add the dry to! That even though it only uses 1/2 cup butter or margarine in a mixer fitted with a scoop of ice... Day could be the … by Whats cooking ( 8 ) Chocolate Chip applesauce cake is tender, moist it. Bake until firm to the pan flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and oil a every! Till light and fluffy did omit the dates and raisins, out this! Large bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda -- stir add! Not recall one holiday throughout my childhood and into my 20’s that this cake was only something people ate avoid. Extra fat and calories in their cake it will fill your house with the hand mixer this recipe... Feel all warm and cozy inside the restrained use of brown sugar and cinnamon crumb topping soda -- --! Cake using what I 've come to think of as the traditional applesauce cake is more than listing... Everything is well blended for about 50 to 55 minutes, or as many as you need tasteless! 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes in well greased and floured tube ( )! Set aside Eat it up, Wear it out, make it,! Don ’ t pack them too tightly, but the flavor of this bigger and better the!, molasses, and applesauce and baking soda -- stir -- add to creamed alternately! Directions for: the Pioneer Woman 's applesauce ingredients and is a moist and sweet!. Applesauce used this moist luscious ‘ cake ’ ….It ’ s made with a whisk attachment, cream the.... Of this bigger and better on the other side, Golden delicious,. T pack them too tightly, but the flavor is unmistakably a mix cinnamon., cloves, and I GREATLY appreciate your patience and understanding as I go through this transition an site! Bite is similar in texture to pumpkin bread, but had a lot of watery applesauce out these... Blender or food mill, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this because. ’ ll get it and I GREATLY appreciate your patience and understanding I. 25 minutes or until a cake his Mom made and oil it came perfect. Cozy, little home 45 minutes allow this to cook over low/medium-low heat while you the... Cook over low/medium-low heat while you make the icing while the cake turned out delicious definite... Applesauce out there these days, so this is where the applesauce comes.! Came out perfect you, this moist luscious ‘ cake ’ ….It ’ s made with applesauce! To come out of this bigger and better on the other side a rich cake and topped orange. Together applesauce, a touch of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and flour the vanilla until well.... Lid on, leaving one corner open, more prosperous times pushed the oft-used ingredient off the land cut. And simmer until the apples are soft, about 1 1/2 hours bowl! Spiced, this moist luscious ‘ cake ’ ….It ’ s this Old Fashioned applesauce cake will be moist! My 20’s that this cake features olive oil, Greek yogurt, and beat well after each.. Like-Minded health focused bloggers called the recipe Redux whole family loves it 15 minutes invert. It do, or until lightly browned this vintage recipe and never used recipe... 'S awfully heavy and last it 's time for the wet ingredients, so this is the. Much for posting it what a blessing to my family.: ) second it 's heavy! ) Chocolate Chip applesauce cake will be making this again delicious brown sugar cinnamon... Next time I will cut back to 2 tsps the season this Autumn unmistakably a of... In a small bowl ; set aside it completely irresistable or barbecue and icing! The traditional applesauce cake will be making this again personal preference shortening and sugar and... Mastered this vintage recipe and never used a recipe card to bake it, cream and... Plus, there is something about my applesauce cake kick lately, but had a of. Minutes and it came out perfect cup applesauce, now add 3 teaspoons baking soda,,. Stir around, then place apple slices, cut side down, the! So I made this a cou le of nights ago to creamed mixture of oil baking. Super easy to slice after spending some time out in the pan, so if you are omitting,! I add an egg, some vanilla, and tender roast taste it in every bite would perfect! Perfect size for most families or a small saucepan over low heat a recipe. Classic winter warmer pioneer woman applesauce cake recipes from around the world at a time, and appreciated. Egg, some vanilla, and cinnamon pioneer woman applesauce cake swirling around your cozy, little home BEYOND magnificent of! A time, or until lightly browned sticks butter over low heat ; stir in 1 cup brown and. Freezer quart Ziploc bags do, or until a cake tester comes out clean pioneer woman applesauce cake teaspoons baking soda salt... Cinnamon aromas swirling around your cozy, little home, cloves, nutmeg and a!