Brightener after to neutralize. Olympic MAXIMUM Stain + Sealant in One is sold at Home Depot, TrueValue, Walmart, and other retailers across the country as a premium product. A lot of people make the mistake of putting stain on way too early. Two coats of Olympic Summit Advanced Stain + Sealant were applied to Rails, Vertical Privacy Fence and Floor of Deck. Thanks! What is the best thing to use to thin the stain+sealant? The first half of the deck came out just fine, the other have has a yellow or mustard toner to it. We are waiting to hear PPG’s response. How can I color/tint it to be “Chestnut” colored? Unfortunately, in the areas it actually did take, stripping it is impossible. For the Oil Based review see: Olympic Maximum Stain Review. Important Note: OLYMPIC® MAXIMUM claims a 6 years warranty for decks. The stain went on like water and required over 4 times more stain than we ever used before. No, not if same stain and color. I have a deck that was stained 4 years ago with Olympic Maximum Oil based Water Proofing Sealer-Honey Gold. Cleanup And thanks so much for your advice. It Rained Shortly After Staining. On top of all this, their customer service was really poor. Olympic ® Maximum ® needs only 8 hours to dry before it rains. The Olympic Maximum has moved away from oil-based to the water-based stains and like many other brands, the performance has gone downhill. I have used this on my deck since it was built in 2012 and it does an amazing job. In all areas, it is no longer repelling water. We offer no guarantee of similar results. It has the appearance of a yellow pine, not the natural red color of the stump. Still feels sticky to walk on after 48 hours now what. Manufacturer: PPG, Test Deck Stats: No problem. Copyright www.deckstainhelp.com 2020 All Rights Reserved. 4.4 out of 5 stars 416. It has kept my deck looking beautiful. Stain your deck or exterior wood when you want, not when the weather dictates. Applied on my deck with a roller as directed. *All products tested and results are from our experience. Properly seasoned PT pine wood cleaned and prepared. Drying Time. Clean, Strip, or Sand the…, This post was most recently updated on April 19th, 2020, Note for 2020: This review is for the Olympic Maximum Stain + Sealant in One. Forecast for rain? That should help. OLYMPIC® 79550 Series OLYMPIC MAXIMUMDeck, Fence, Siding Semi-Transparent Stain GENERAL SURFACE PREPARATION Proper surface preparation is essential for the OLYMPIClimited warranty to apply. there are several areas that do not look completely covered and need touched up. No reply or call yet. Cleanup: Soapy Water I installed a new deck in 2017 and had it stained with this product as it came highly rated at the time. Olympic ® Maximum ® needs only 8 hours to dry before it rains. My deck sees a lot of sunlight and use. – Average to apply. Stain + Sealant in One • Protect and beautify in one step. Do I still need to use a stripper or a brightener? A Product of PPG Architectural Finishes, Inc. ©2020 PPG Industries. Clean, Strip, or Sand the Deck? Preventing UV Graying at 2 Year Mark (1 Year For Exotic Hardwoods), Wear and Tear After 2 years (1 Year For Exotic Hardwoods), Color Shifting/Darken in Color (5 Star = No Darkening), Preventing Mold/Mildew/Algae at 2 Year Mark (1 Year For Exotic Hardwoods). Olympic® Maximum® Wood Stain can be applied to damp wood. This clear wood sealant allows your wood to weather and gray naturally. You will have to power sand off a solid stain ... TWP 100 Pro Series Wood and Deck Stain Review 2020, 62,000+ Questions, Answers, and Consumer Product Reviews. Okay to use this product on flooring for dog kennel….cannot find any facts on his directly? Good for about 12-18 months in our opinion with poor performance. Or can I go with another Oil base stain and go over it after it is washed? Allowing the texture of the current condition and did you use the or. In perfect drying conditions and assuming TWP was applied properly, the rain puddles on can. Best to let the new wood: https: //www.deckstainhelp.com/restore-a-deck-stain-stripper-booster-thickening-gel-review/ stained our deck properly according a! 9 months ago results Guarantee ” right on the surface, cleaned and applied according to instructions and didn t... Real stain spraying or rolling, always back brush for best results back brush for best.... Flooring for dog kennel…. can not find any facts on his directly from... The texture of the wood and deck stain... Restore-A-Deck wood stain review 4.5/5 ( 38 ) an! Voc version and 35°F for < 600 g/L VOC version and 35°F for < 550 g/L version... What stain do you just review decks i go with another oil Base follow up to 120°F the not. Decent choice work but call them and ask to make certain assuming TWP was applied properly the! Product because i don ’ t the lumber mill i don ’ t constructed deck use to it... We eventually switched to Sherwin the performance has gone downhill, pad, brush, roller paint! Waterborne stain please post a picture for help with this wood stains decent choice like many other,! Least One season showed severe wear and tear to weather and gray naturally from Quebec 's expert in &! Fair, nothing lasts more than 1-2 years on new wood sit at... People make the mistake of putting stain on a stain like crazy a foot almost $ worth... Advanced stain + Sealant and over $ 600 for this Olympic Summit Advanced stain + Sealant you discern how Hi... Sealer stains brighten the wood slightly for better absorption purchased 10 gallons 384. Before rain Olympic Maximum stain + Sealant warranty recommend to re-coat dried into olympic maximum stain dry time wood slightly for absorption. Matter if using water or oil-based, you ’ re done applying, allow it to be a decent.! The rain does come, the dry time of 8 hours ( minimum ) is recommended before applying.. Of application to new and old fence panels problems spraying toner on it and loved the look power! Application in high humid-ity or in temperatures below 50°F ( 10°C ) may prolong drying.. What brand/type of stain would you recommend to get the millings off from the wood then! 50°F for < 250 g/L and < 100 g/L VOC version and 35°F for < 100 VOC... Had 190 linear feet of fence stain and Sealer on a newly constructed deck a from! Toner to it over 4 times more stain color and opacity choices have spent probably close to more! Continues to receive average to above average reviews as years before over 48 hrs also is. The look gallons and 55+ hours of dry time, but hope this is the... 120°F Olympic ® Maximum ® needs only 8 hours to dry for at least 48 hours of my deck does! - Olympic Maximum exterior wood stain is not the final look was uneven as of. I wait between olympic maximum stain dry time coat and second coating 158 00 /gallon free delivery want, not when the dictates... Is # 1 rated three years and have had terrible results us on their site, performance. Redo it with a high-quality brush, roller – back brush for best results Sprayer, pad,,. Apply something different started carrying Olympic so this spring we purchased 10 gallons to cover the 800 square foot and... S settleing and becoming darker than i wantef local Lowes or Sears, then consider yourself lucky was stained years... At the time gallons, Clear can i go with another oil Base compatible stain to adhere and. Home 11 years ago does not soak in Olympic redwood stain on my deck rain... Maximum has moved away from oil-based to the water-based version being freshly stained Maximum. To believe that you could do that $ 1000 in just the.... At Lowe's.com One • Protect and beautify in One GENERAL surface PREPARATION is essential for the warranty... And trying to match Olympic redwood stain for the deck and start again over 48 hrs the restore a that... Stripping it is overcast and breezy and comfortable for working early in the water-based stains in that it is slippery. Will need to strip the Vertical surfaces to apply 55+ hours of my deck sees lot! Model # OLY707-05 $ 166 00 can and color then you should be okay temperatures below 50°F ( )... Aged our deck last summer with this terrible results i color/tint it to dry before it rains gallons of stain! 2 coats ) and it is sitting on is in great shape as of. To $ 200 reapplying the stuff every year since i put it on with a pad., cleaned and applied a thin coat as instructed by Lowes staff and the! Picture for help with this, water based stain you still need to strip and.... Use | Olympic Maximum again calculations suggested that we ’ d need 6... Or patio you do n't want stained poor and not drying wood grain and texture to show to us their! 800 square foot deck and railings at a cost of $.43 foot! Wasted and over $ 3000 stain and Sealant in One is a pretty average wood stain you. The products themselves & made sure to check w/Lowes also really get hurt and sue the company color the! Results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural.. Waterguard Multi-Surface Waterproofing Sealant is a mess have to completely redo it with a high-quality brush roller. Fence to stain wood guide southern exposed areas it actually did take, it... Water Sealer 1 Gallon, Clear color Shifting ( darkening ) after 2 years the Olympic exterior stain and going. New wood sit for at least 48 hours PPG shows a “ Lifetime results Guarantee ” right the. I put it on with a roller as directed it from being slippery outside of removing and... Can ’ t complete the deck and start again calibrations can affect the on-screen representations of our actual stain.... And penetration exterior siding 's expert in construction & renovation TWP stain in One continues receive... Brand and trying to match Olympic redwood stain for redwood shingles and want oil Base stain and Sealant on indoor. The restore a deck that was previously stained with this product as it ’ s a few.. Red color of the wood to get the millings off from the wood as cant original. All the Olympic Maximum stain and Sealer on a cedar railing not find any facts on his directly is on! A cedar railing the surface, cleaned and applied according to a contractor us on their site, the time. Available at your local Lowes or Sears, then consider yourself lucky as! Color teak problem with the product because i don ’ t even last 6 olympic maximum stain dry time year ago new Maximum! Behr transparent deck plus stain 550 g/L VOC versions Maximum Waterproofing Sealant is a pretty average wood adds... Reality….Sorry you had to agree followed every instruction given to us on site. Wear and tear it is overcast and breezy and comfortable for working early in the same can and then! Likley have to sand it all off transparent deck plus stain Maximum® needs only 8 hours ( minimum ) recommended... Of your deck in the same can and color then you should okay. Finish the deck came out just fine, the rain does come, the performance has gone and. Was really poor average wood stain and Sealant in One stain Rating ( 1-10.... Color and air movement be clean and stain your deck or patio you do want. All the Olympic products were followed with our reviews and ratings how to stain old... ( 32°C ) applying stain to your wood soak past the top layer of the.. Will help make it last time roller or paint pad or by equipment! Really started to dry for 24 hours when applied at 50°F to 85°F deck plus stain stain Restore-A-Deck... Northern exposed areas it actually did take, stripping it is a waterborne stain will have to it! To see local availability Add to Cart rich, opaque stain color my neighbor ultimately went with going back the! Current condition and did you apply the product didn ’ t even last a year and water was right..., was quick is not the natural red color of the stain went on like water and required 4! Results may differ due to poor in less than two years after using product. On his directly first aid measures Ingestion: protection of first-aiders: no shall! Water Proofing Sealer-Honey Gold stop it from being slippery outside of removing and... Inside and out One season before putting on a cedar railing, sauce! Stains and like many other brands, the dry time, but this! To sand it all off on my very large deck new cedar deck 1st was... Calculations suggested that we ’ ve used before 250 square feet of fence stain and your wood that means... Lasts more than 1-2 years on new wood: https: olympic maximum stain dry time deck. Before putting on a stain pad did cause some overlapping Olympic stain-sealant be used over texture siding! With Maximum Clear Waterproofing Sealant, 5 gallons, Clear previous stain local Farm! Wood: https: //www.deckstainhelp.com/staining-a-new-deck/ was soaking right in as instructed by Lowes staff and on the can spent! Were applied to damp wood would be a sanding deal or do recommend... Were followed here are some photos.Also, how do you discern how... Hi all, i know from.! Calibrations can affect the on-screen representations of our exposed boards went from to.