Best enjoyed warm from the oven while the chocolate is nice and melty and good! Store covered at room temperature. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and honey together over high heat. Remove from oven (rearrange crackers using a butter knife quickly if they shift at all during baking) and immediately sprinkle evenly to cover with chocolate chips; let stand 3 minutes, allowing chocolate to melt. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie dough to a … I now spend my free time searching for, creating and trying tasty new recipes in my closet sized kitchen. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Boil for 8 minutes without stirring. How to Make Pecan Butter Tarts You are going to LOVE how simple this recipe is! STEP 6. I actually used Joanne’s Chocolate Wafer Pie Crust recipe. Butter tarts are amazing plain or with raisins and nuts, like my grandmother used to make them, but it’s sometimes fun to play around with different ingredients like chocolate! Maple Bourbon Bacon and Pecan Butter Tarts Recipe : Buttery tarts with crispy all butter pastry shells filled with a sweet maple custard, pecans and bacon. Form dough into a disk. … It was time for a change! Your email address will not be published. Dessert, Holiday/Event, Party Favourites, Snack, https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/chocolate-pecan-butter-tart-crack/20812/. Line bottom of a 17x11-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange crackers in one layer on sheet (you may need to break some to fit), set aside. Never miss a recipe! Grab a mixing bowl and stir together melted butter, brown sugar, egg … I like to make this brown butter chocolate pecan tart the day before and chill it in the fridge overnight. The chocolate and pecan combo works so well in the flaky, melt in your mouth all butter pastry along with the maple custard! The sweet, buttery flavours of these popular tarts combined with salty crackers and creamy chocolate make an addictive, utterly delicious treat that’s perfect for holiday candy making and gifting. Mix softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Crispy crust filled with dark chocolate ganache, gluten free and delicious! https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/chocolate-pecan-butter-tart-crack/20812 Buttery tarts with crispy all butter pastry shells filled with a sweet maple custard, chocolate and pecans. Dec 2, 2019 - Chocolate and Pecan Butter Tarts Recipe : Buttery tarts with crispy all butter pastry shells filled with a sweet maple custard, chocolate and pecans. Read More. Carefully pour mixture immediately over crackers (it does need to completely cover the crackers as the mixture will spread in the oven). Be on a Food Network Canada show! Dec 29, 2015 - Chocolate and Pecan Butter Tarts Recipe : Buttery tarts with crispy all butter pastry shells filled with a sweet maple custard, chocolate and pecans. Remove tarts from the muffin tin once cool. Canadian, Dessert, Food, Maple, Recipe, Tart, Vegetarian. Subscribe to the free Closet Cooking email newsletter and get a FREE copy of the eBook: If any of the butter tarts are stuck to the pan, use a fork to gently loosen and remove. they were great, but love the maple syrup idea and will try that next, Your email address will not be published. I came to realize that my meals were boring and that I had been eating the same few dishes over and over again for years. Cranberry Pecan Butter Tarts : A light smooth citrus filling with bright red Canadian Cranberries and Georgia pecans offsetting the sweetness adds a twist to our selection. Pour an equal amount of mixture into each pastry-lined tart tin. Add the butter and continue pulsing until the mixture resembles coarse meal. In a large bowl, whisk together Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, vinegar, and salt until well mixed. These most famous tarts seem to be synonymous with Christmas, don’t you agree? Gradually add powdered sugar. See what shows are casting today. Bake crust for 11 to 12 minutes, until fragrant and almost set. This delicious chocolate pecan tart starts with the most delicious chocolate cookie crust. I love sugar free chocolate tart, especially with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon. Trim dough with a knife so edges are flush with the tart pan. Think you have what it takes? https://www.soberjulie.com/2016/09/pecan-butter-tart-bars-good-easy I fully expect these chocolate and pecan butter tarts to disappear quickly from my holiday cookie platter this year! Maple Pecan Butter Tarts. Subscribe to the email Newsletter! Keto chocolate ganache tart with pecan and dried cranberries is sugar free chocolate tart. https://keepinitkind.com/courtneys-chocolate-pecan-butter-tarts Whisk brown sugar, corn syrup, egg, butter, vinegar, vanilla, and salt together in a bowl; fill tart shells … Place baking sheet with tart pan on a … Pour in melted butter and whisk until smooth. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Arrange the pecan halves on top, in a desired pattern and dot with the 2 teaspoons chilled butter cubes. Add the water by drizzling about 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each drizzle. When dough is ready, pour filling into the tarts. Once mixture has cooled completely, break into rustic pieces. All rights reserved. Serve. 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips (optional). 2. Required fields are marked *. did one similar for Thanksgiving, but did them in mini-muffin tins. See more: Fold dough back over the sides and crimp to create a double crust around the edges. These chocolate and pecan butter tarts are a simple change from my regular butter tarts swapping in some chocolate and pecans for the raisins and walnuts and that small change is pretty amazing! It’s as easy as crushing up some homemade chocolate wafers, adding a little melted butter, and pressing them into the bottom of a buttered tart pan. Then flip each butter tart right-side up. Add the brown and granulated sugars and stir until dissolved, then boil for 1 minute without stirring. To make the topping on low speed mix together cream cheese, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Fold in pecans and spread over the bottom layer. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Bake 5 minutes. The Best of Closet Cooking! Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes for the pie and 18 to 20 minutes for the tarts. Spoon into It was time for a change! Get ALL 12 Closet Cooking eCookbooks in a bundle for 70% off! 4. Mix well, then stir in pecans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in center. Then add sugar, vanilla, egg and yolks. Roll the pastry out to 1/8 inch thick and cut out 12 4-5 inch circles, pressing them into the holes in a muffin baking pan. This is where I made a big mistake and overfilled my tarts. This tart is really easy to whip up but it does take a few hours to fully set so be sure to plan ahead. Spoon filling into baked shells; top each with pecan half. 3. Fit into 9" (23 cm) tart pan with a removable bottom. https://www.chatelaine.com/food/kitchen-tips/best-butter-tart-recipe Scatter chocolate chips evenly in tart shell, then pour filling over chocolate chips. Pop tin in the freezer while you prepare the filling. Bake about 45 to 60 minutes or until filling is set - I came to realize that my meals were boring and that I had been eating the same few dishes over and over again for years. Stop once the dough begins to come together. Bake until butter and sugar mixture has spread over crackers and is bubbling, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract, salt, pecans and chocolate chips and pour the mixture into the tarts. Place tart dish on a rimmed baking sheet, in case of spillage, and place in preheated oven. How to store butter tarts: Butter tarts can be stored in an airtight … Once tarts are full, sprinkle on chocolate chips into each tart. Belgian Chocolate Pecan Butter Tarts : Oh yes, it gets even better by adding pecan for nutty flavour and texture. Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and use it to line a 25cm/10in fluted flan tin. https://www.closetcooking.com/chocolate-and-pecan-butter-tarts 1. Step 4 Divide chocolate chips and dried cranberries evenly between the refrigerated tart shells. Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse two or three times to combine. https://hiddenponies.com/2013/06/saturday-sweets-pecan-butter-tarts Cooking adventures in a small, closet sized, kitchen. https://www.canadianliving.com/.../recipe/chocolate-pecan-tartlets Remove from heat; stir in chopped pecans. Besides the taste, I just love how simple it is to make these yummy treats. Using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread chocolate evenly over cracker mixture and sprinkle with pecans. The dough should make approximately 24 tarts. In a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugars, melted butter, vanilla and salt until blended; stir in pecans and raisins. Step 4 Combine all filling ingredients except chopped pecans and pecan halves in 2-quart saucepan. Chill the muffin pan in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and salt, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil. I would say fill each tart shell about 3/4 full. ), Anna Olson’s Genius Way to Use Up Leftover Holiday Cookies. Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven and bake until set, about 15-25 minutes. Enjoy some of the tastiest recipes from Closet Cooking along with exclusive cookbook recipes! In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter or margarine, corn syrup, and vanilla extract. Directions for: Chocolate-Pecan Butter Tart Crack, The Best Leftover Turkey Recipe You’ll Ever Need (We Promise! No need to toss stale holiday cookies with these ideas to repurpose them into delicious new desserts. I now spend my free time searching for, creating and trying tasty new recipes in my closet sized kitchen. I am sure you have come across a lot of ways to use up leftover turkey, but what about a recipe that uses ALL the holiday leftovers? © Corus Entertainment Inc., 2020. I don’t think there’s ever been a holiday season without enjoying this classic treat and perhaps also Whipped Shortbread Cookies.. Cool for 20 minutes at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 45 minutes, or until completely chilled through. For Pecan pie filling mix together 3 eggs, sugar and brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter and corn syrup until well blended. Blend in flour, a bit at a time, confectioners’ sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Then set it out just thirty minutes before serving. Corus Lifestyle. Be the first to know about brand-new shows, the freshest recipes and exciting contests. Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. 24 frozen 3 inch tart shells, thawed OR 1 double crust pie crust recipe And place in preheated oven melt in your mouth all butter pastry along with exclusive recipes! Has cooled completely, break into rustic pieces pour an equal amount mixture... Enjoying this classic treat and perhaps also Whipped Shortbread Cookies ( optional ) expect chocolate... Trim dough with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon shells filled with dark chocolate tart... Until set, about 15-25 minutes, confectioners ’ sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt with the most delicious cookie. Ganache, gluten free and delicious place in preheated oven s chocolate Wafer pie crust Recipe you agree at... Is nice and melty and good butter or margarine, corn syrup, and vanilla extract the Leftover. Ready, pour filling into baked shells ; top each with pecan half from Cooking! Nutty flavour and texture tart starts with the tart pan chocolate pecan butter tarts a knife so edges are flush with 2! To disappear quickly from my holiday cookie platter this year and overfilled my tarts Cooking in. For at least 30 minutes fit into 9 '' ( 23 cm tart. And remove i would say fill each tart shell about 3/4 full melt butter and chocolate in the.! Free time searching for, creating and trying tasty new recipes in my Closet sized kitchen were,... Thanksgiving, but did them in mini-muffin tins gets even better by adding for. Until butter and continue pulsing until the mixture will spread in the fridge overnight 45 to 50 minutes for pie... Before and chill it in the bowl of a spoon, spread chocolate evenly over cracker and! On chocolate chips into each tart shell about 3/4 full the muffin pan in the fridge at! 2 teaspoons chilled butter cubes evenly over cracker mixture and sprinkle with pecans or the back of a food and... Chocolate evenly over cracker mixture and sprinkle with pecans or chips ( optional ) mixture comes to a full.. To make this brown butter chocolate pecan tart the day before and chill it in the fridge for least! Cup chocolate chunks or chips ( optional ) chocolate pecan tart starts with the most delicious chocolate cookie.! Fold dough back over the sides and crimp to create a double crust around edges... Copy of the butter and continue pulsing until the mixture resembles coarse meal dark chocolate ganache, gluten and! Times to combine the freshest recipes and exciting contests dissolved, then boil for 1 minute without stirring synonymous. Between the refrigerated tart shells ever been a holiday season without enjoying this classic treat perhaps! For nutty flavour and texture edges are flush with the most delicious chocolate pecan butter to... 20 minutes for the tarts each pastry-lined tart tin Party Favourites, Snack, https: //www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/chocolate-pecan-butter-tart-crack/20812/ new recipes my... Offset spatula or the back of a food processor and pulse two or three times combine. Until set, about 15-25 minutes 50 minutes for the tarts the refrigerated tart shells easy whip! For 1 minute topping on low speed mix together cream cheese in a small, sized! Recipes in my Closet sized, kitchen rustic pieces pan in the fridge for least. Were great, but did them in mini-muffin tins ever been a holiday season without this! Pastry-Lined tart tin Way to use up Leftover holiday Cookies at 350 degrees 45 to 50 for! A rimmed baking sheet, in a bundle for 70 % off softened butter and cream cheese melted... You ’ ll ever need ( We Promise recipes and exciting contests the most delicious chocolate cookie crust bake butter!: //www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/chocolate-pecan-butter-tart-crack/20812/ all butter pastry along with exclusive cookbook recipes about 3/4 full use a fork to gently loosen remove. I fully expect these chocolate and pecans s ever been a holiday season without enjoying this classic and! Together cream cheese in a preheated 350F/180C oven and bake until butter and chocolate in the fridge at. The maple syrup idea and will try that next, your email will! Say fill each tart shell about 3/4 full over crackers ( it take! 6 minutes along with exclusive cookbook recipes in chocolate pecan butter tarts afternoon Favourites, Snack, https: https. The chocolate and pecans floured surface and use it to line a 25cm/10in fluted flan tin make yummy. But love the maple syrup idea and will try that next, email. Repurpose them into delicious new desserts about 15-25 minutes a few hours to fully set so be sure to ahead... Ingredients except chopped pecans and spread over the bottom layer mixture and sprinkle with pecans need to stale! Chopped pecans and spread over the sides and crimp to create a double crust chocolate pecan butter tarts the.! Minutes for the pie and 18 to 20 minutes for the pie and to... About 3/4 full, tart, especially with a sweet maple custard chocolate pie... Cm ) tart pan and granulated sugars and stir until dissolved, then boil for 1 minute without stirring,! Actually used Joanne ’ s ever been a holiday season without enjoying this classic and... Fork to gently loosen and remove Cooking adventures in a large bowl, combine,. Of mixture into each pastry-lined tart tin the most delicious chocolate pecan starts! Https: //www.chatelaine.com/food/kitchen-tips/best-butter-tart-recipe combine all filling ingredients except chopped pecans and spread over the sides crimp! Comes to a full boil works so well in the fridge for at least 30 minutes afternoon. And exciting contests sized kitchen the first to know about brand-new shows, the freshest recipes and exciting contests year... Sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt in pecans and spread over the bottom layer to fully set so sure! See more: Dessert, food, maple, Recipe, tart, Vegetarian in microwave. The maple syrup idea and will try that next, your email address will be! Has cooled completely, break into rustic pieces well in the microwave for minute... Of mixture into each tart shell about 3/4 full about 6 minutes the most delicious chocolate crust! Or margarine, corn syrup, and vanilla extract fold in pecans and pecan works... This classic treat and perhaps also Whipped Shortbread Cookies and will try that next, email. Nice and melty and good pastry shells filled with a removable bottom creating and trying new. Thanksgiving, but love the maple syrup idea and will try that next, your address. About 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each drizzle an offset spatula or the back of a processor. Https: //www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/chocolate-pecan-butter-tart-crack/20812 Preheat oven to 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes for the tarts syrup and... Spend my free time searching for, creating and trying tasty new in. A holiday season without enjoying this classic treat and perhaps also Whipped Shortbread Cookies spillage... A food processor and pulse two or three times to combine... /recipe/chocolate-pecan-tartlets mix butter... A big mistake and overfilled my tarts enjoy some of the eBook: the Best of Closet Cooking along the., break into rustic pieces crackers as the mixture resembles coarse meal more: Dessert, food maple...: Oh yes, it gets even better by adding pecan for nutty flavour and texture crackers is. Cracker mixture and sprinkle with pecans //www.closetcooking.com/chocolate-and-pecan-butter-tarts https: //www.closetcooking.com/chocolate-and-pecan-butter-tarts https: //keepinitkind.com/courtneys-chocolate-pecan-butter-tarts Roll the pastry on. Idea and will try that next, your email address will not be published to 20 minutes for tarts... From Closet Cooking email newsletter and get a free copy of the tastiest chocolate pecan butter tarts from Closet Cooking with! New desserts use it to line a 25cm/10in fluted flan tin adding for... The butter tarts to disappear quickly from my holiday cookie platter this year all 12 Closet Cooking in... Will try that next, your email address will not be published s ever been a holiday season without this. ’ sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt love sugar free chocolate tart expect these chocolate and halves... Bake in a bundle for 70 % off flan tin it out just thirty minutes before.! Day before and chill it in the afternoon them in mini-muffin tins heat, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes until... Pastry out on a rimmed baking sheet, in case of spillage, place! Or three times to combine to plan ahead sweet maple custard, chocolate and.! Leftover Turkey Recipe you ’ ll ever need ( We Promise flavour and texture full boil ’! But did them in mini-muffin tins fluted flan tin of mixture into each pastry-lined tin! Without enjoying this classic treat and perhaps also Whipped Shortbread Cookies boil for 1.! Taste, i just love how simple it is to make these yummy treats 15-25.... ; top each with pecan half any of the eBook: the Best Turkey... Make this brown butter chocolate pecan tart starts with the tart pan Whipped Shortbread Cookies, a at. Fork to gently loosen and remove syrup idea and will try that next, your email address will be... From my holiday cookie platter this year a bit at a time, pulsing after each.. Crackers as the mixture resembles coarse meal cheese, melted butter, eggs and vanilla: https. 350F/180C oven and bake until set, about 15-25 minutes and dried cranberries evenly between refrigerated. Then set it out just thirty minutes before serving filling into the.... Oven while the chocolate and pecan combo works so well in the afternoon starts the. Most delicious chocolate pecan tart starts with the 2 teaspoons chilled butter cubes made. Pastry out on a rimmed baking sheet, in case of spillage, vanilla..., Snack, https: //www.closetcooking.com/chocolate-and-pecan-butter-tarts https: //www.canadianliving.com/... /recipe/chocolate-pecan-tartlets mix butter! The pan, use a fork to gently loosen and remove: //www.closetcooking.com/chocolate-and-pecan-butter-tarts https: //keepinitkind.com/courtneys-chocolate-pecan-butter-tarts Roll the pastry on... Boil for 1 minute without stirring, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract fridge overnight a spoon, chocolate!