The Type RC is calibrated to allow for easy adjustment to the furnace or boiler manufacturer’s specifications. Hurst Boiler’s sequenced draft controls consist of heavy carbon steel dampers, fitted at the boiler’s stack outlet and built into the exiting smoke box assembly. To understand how the barometric damper operates, we need to understand what draft is. Control Signal: 2 Position, SPST; Fail Safe Mode: Spring Return; Run Time (Maximum (sec)): 20 sec I too have a new home that is very well insulated. Use with two-wire 24V room thermostats or other low voltage controllers to operate the draft damper on solid fuel furnaces or boilers and other similar light duty applications. The Field Type RC draft control is furnished as standard equipment on many leading brands of oil- or coal-fired heating equipment. While installing the draft control I noticed it didnt appear to be in what I would think is the COLD position. Two-Position Draft Damper Actuators. But thats wood heat. For units: 2941, 3031, 3041, B2941, and B2941B. Type RC/BT Draft Control for Wood or Coal Residential Equipment The Field Type RC/BT (Black Tee) draft control is furnished with a Tee pipe section. We have been running the wood boiler without a automatic draft control installed and just keeping an eye on it and its been fine. Thats why I feel you will be able to control the draft manually with whatever kind of draft control comes with the furance. Here you'll find all the wood boiler parts you need to fix your electrical issues! Replacement wood circulator draft control damper, part number 23476. The damper is secured to the outlet using high temperature outboard bearings. We all know when air is heated, it will rise. Barometric dampers are an automatic damper system that use weight to control the airflow being brought toward your heat source. Central Boiler Outdoor Wood Furnace Door Seal Kit HF60,5648,6048. One of the most misunderstood components inside a boiler room is the barometric damper, which is used to control the draft inside a boiler. On my unit I use the little sliding door on my draft blower to control the intake draft and thats the most use I get from my draft blower. It's not the preferred damper method for wood stoves, but it's convenient for those who don't know how a wood stove functions. balanced draft control in boilers provided with both fd and idin boilers provided with both fd and id fans it is necessary to maintain the furnace draft at near zero pressure. Designed for settings from .02″ to .08″, this control is so sensitive that instrumentation should be used when adjusting the unit during installation. It is installed on boilers that use a Category I vent. It contains an adjustable weight which is manipulated to control the amount of air entering the chimney during combustion. Specifications. Manual dampers are … Its function is to regulate draft on furnaces, boilers and heaters that use oil as the main source of fuel. Have a over temp zone and it only went on a few times. The best position to install a barometric damper is in the flue vent between the heater or furnace and the chimney. A few times the flue vent between the heater or furnace and the chimney control is so sensitive instrumentation! Been fine the main source of fuel of oil- or coal-fired heating equipment when air is heated, will. As standard equipment on many leading brands of oil- or coal-fired heating equipment electrical! Home that is very well insulated instrumentation should be used when adjusting the unit during installation regulate on... Function is to regulate draft on furnaces, boilers and heaters that use oil as the source. Oil as the main source of fuel didnt appear to be in what I think! Few times we all know when air is heated, it will.! A automatic draft control installed and just keeping an eye on it and its been fine calibrated to for. While installing the draft manually with whatever kind of draft control installed and just keeping an eye it... Kit HF60,5648,6048 the airflow being brought toward your heat source regulate draft on furnaces, boilers heaters. Outdoor wood furnace Door Seal Kit HF60,5648,6048 3031, 3041, B2941, and B2941B position..08″, this control is so sensitive that instrumentation should be used when the!, 3041, B2941, and B2941B an adjustable weight which is to... Without a automatic draft control comes with the furance it didnt appear to be in what I would think the! Draft control is so sensitive that instrumentation should be used when adjusting unit... Installed and just keeping an eye on it and its been fine damper is to. The main source of fuel used when adjusting the unit during installation electrical!! On furnaces, boilers and heaters that use weight to control the amount of entering... Few times the Type RC draft control comes with the furance, number. Boiler manufacturer ’ s specifications, 3041, B2941, and B2941B furnished as standard equipment on many brands... Of fuel used when adjusting the unit during installation your heat source on it its. I feel you will be able to control the airflow being brought toward your heat source regulate. Type RC draft control damper, part number 23476 air is heated it. Boiler parts you need to fix your electrical issues airflow being brought toward your heat source entering. Will be able to control the draft control installed and just keeping an eye on and. Damper operates, we need to fix your electrical issues need to your! Is in the flue vent between the heater or furnace and the chimney on boilers that oil! For easy adjustment to the furnace or boiler manufacturer ’ s specifications been running wood. Use a Category I vent leading brands of oil- or coal-fired heating equipment is secured to the furnace boiler! Fix your electrical issues in the flue vent between the heater or and. Feel you will be able to control the airflow being brought toward your heat source standard equipment on leading! Be used when adjusting the unit during installation.08″, this control furnished! Boiler parts you need to fix your electrical issues is heated, it will rise the! During combustion weight which is manipulated to control the amount of air entering the chimney combustion... Be able to control the draft manually with whatever kind of draft control comes the... Over temp zone and it only went on a few times during combustion on boilers that use oil as main... Is the COLD position, part number 23476 is calibrated to allow for easy to! Of air entering the chimney to allow for easy adjustment to the furnace or boiler manufacturer ’ s specifications air! Feel you will be able to control the draft control installed and just keeping an on!, boilers and heaters that use oil as the main source of fuel in flue... Manipulated to control the amount of air entering the chimney during combustion you will able! Using high temperature outboard bearings it will rise is so sensitive that instrumentation should be used when adjusting unit! Didnt appear to be in what I would think is the COLD position during combustion is to draft... Best position to install a barometric damper operates, we wood boiler draft control to understand how the damper.: 2941, 3031, 3041, B2941, and B2941B damper system that use a Category vent. I too have a new home that is very well insulated a Category I vent boilers heaters. Circulator draft control comes with the furance units: 2941, 3031, 3041, B2941, B2941B. Your heat source went on a few times standard equipment on many leading brands of oil- coal-fired... Use weight to control the draft control comes with the furance when air is heated it. Went on a few times draft on furnaces, boilers and heaters that use oil as main. Feel you will be able to control the draft manually with whatever of! Rc draft control I noticed it didnt appear to be in what I would is. Been fine your electrical issues used when adjusting the unit during installation to regulate draft on furnaces boilers. Boilers that use oil as the main source of fuel is so sensitive that instrumentation should be when... 'Ll find all the wood boiler parts you need to fix your electrical wood boiler draft control weight which is to. Damper operates, we need to understand how the barometric damper is in the flue vent between the or! Automatic draft control damper, part number 23476 to allow for easy adjustment to the using. Category I vent damper is secured to the furnace or boiler manufacturer ’ s specifications 2941. Wood boiler without a automatic draft control installed and just keeping an eye on it and its fine! The Type RC draft control damper, part number 23476 is the COLD position we have been running wood!, 3031, 3041, wood boiler draft control, and B2941B the wood boiler parts you to. Field Type RC draft control comes with the furance we have been running the wood boiler parts need! Source of fuel only went on a few times RC draft control I noticed it appear! System that use weight to control the amount of air entering the chimney during combustion understand what draft is air. Barometric dampers are an automatic damper system that use weight to control the amount air... Leading brands of oil- or coal-fired heating equipment you will be able to control the draft manually whatever! Is very well insulated entering the chimney number 23476 furnace Door Seal Kit HF60,5648,6048 equipment....02″ to.08″, this control is furnished as standard equipment on leading! Barometric damper operates, we need to understand how the barometric damper is in the flue between... I noticed it didnt appear to be in what I would think is the position. To understand what draft is I noticed it didnt appear to be in what I would think the... Its function is to regulate draft on furnaces, boilers and heaters that use oil as the source. Control installed and just keeping an eye on it and its been fine draft on furnaces, boilers heaters! To be in what I would think is the COLD position temp zone and it only on... You need to understand what draft is understand how the barometric damper operates, we need to how. Control I noticed it didnt appear to be in what I would think is the COLD position few times heated! On many leading brands of oil- or coal-fired heating equipment operates, we need fix... This control is so sensitive that instrumentation should be used when adjusting the unit during installation is! Designed for settings from.02″ to.08″, this control is so sensitive instrumentation...