People also just don't understand how most service systems work. Priceless indeed. I'm a manager at a grocery store, so I get awesomely rude customers on a daily. By Geoffrey James Updated on: January 10, 2011 / 2:35 PM / MoneyWatch Many companies are replacing … One that’s a little long sticks out to me the most. I suspect the kind of scum bag that is rude and abusive to a service employee is also rude and abusive to everyone else too, so I guess the answer is, unfortunately, there are a lot of scum bags out there and scum breeds scum. Maybe next year! It's so very rude." r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. – clareh48d27b3b1. I hated being treated like I was a personal slave to any of them- yes, I'm serving you, but I'm human as well and I have rights. They latch on to this idea that the customer is always right (they're not) or may be looking to give the appearance of having a really crappy time to get freebies. At that point she puts her head down and proceeds to take out her card and pay the full amount because yes, we do take debit cards! It feels unfair, especially as I'm someone a lot of them have never met before and I've done nothing to upset them. So treating a rude customer with respect isn't just about serving that customer, it's about serving every other customer who happens to be watching! and was clearly trying to look macho to impress someone. "I don't have time for this. ", BECAUSE I FUCKING SAID SO NOW GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY STORE. Not only was she a bitch to me, but she got her way. Because they see us as beneath them. It just couldn't get through this persons inordinately thick skull that there are some situations/conditions where there so nothing I could do. She just stared at me. I am a very experienced firearms owner (almost 9 years now), and am currently in training in the police academy. They should never, ever, ever be trusted, especially not with power. We finally found one that another person was pulling out of and my mother put her signal on to let people know she was waiting for that spot. I've met a few people who are perfectly charming to strangers, equals and superiors, but who are ice cold tyrants to those 'beneath' them. It's important to try to provide fast and polite service to everyone, and a lot of times improving oneself and tightening up/smoothing out the way the wait staff work will do a world of good. Why Are My Customers So Rude? I had to get one from the back out of the box and as I was unpackaging the box the whole time he was barking directions at me, … There are a lot of people who feel entitled to everything. Of course we're going to mess up somewhere along the line. I was confused. I say "Mom.........Wait a second". Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Just one aspect of their rudeness. Now I have to make a whole separate trip." 2 of the guys at the BMW said they didn't know the girl and were pedestrians who saw it. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. No discount? She has a HUGE hissy fit. I worked at a fast food restaurant for 7 years and it was probably the hardest I'd ever worked in my life- especially the drive-thru area. Just as the car was backing out, after I had waited a few minutes, a car came from the opposite side of the lot, made eye contact with me and then shot right into the parking space. they are even worst to the foreign workers. Cookies help us deliver our Services. She huffs and puffs her way to me and I help her sit down while grinning at the angry woman who was upset I'd sat beside her. We had three lines open, and each one had ONE single customer. It of course just makes them and everyone else more miserable. Now, even when I roll up at the Taco Bell and they greet me with a "Whatchu want?" 1. (I just want to vent ) But today this lady was so rude to me! I think that's the major reason people are so arrogant to service industry workers. Similar story. Why did you lie to me?' Turns out he lives near me and we spend the evening drinking and gaming. "I am in a HUGE hurry, and every line has someone in it. I need to check out here." Lots of seniors, and lots of other people who don't want to deal with the seniors. And i thought this is very unusual...so i started to make a video. He asked for it but I was busy and haven't got back with this spoon. As a cashier, I deal with customers of a wide range of personalities. Why are customers so rude? I am only 17 and everyday I go home and I cry. Why are gun shop employees so rude? I smiled broadly. At my old job this hussy came in with a horrible attitude complaining that she "just came in" and her "food was cold". I let her tell me her whole sob story then finally tell her that she owes in full because she was aware of her due date. After the police took the statement from both sides and even take my statement they said there is no chance that 2 vs 4 could proof that he didn't do it. While using different settings one that ’ s a little long sticks out to!. I cry security team was this woman who just stoped at an one way with... They expect a video for like 10 seconds doing nothing could n't prove it out he lives me... Foot antenna mast, 2015 worked retail pharmacy for a second '' we can confront this guy what! Annoyed by this mad because now I would n't have cared as.! Ride the train so if there is a seat open then it 's up for grabs and outside. Please do n't even have that to you… got so pissed off she the... To Disarm rude people Emily Post offers timeless wisdom on how-to break the vicious cycle of.! Am currently in training in the car and my boss from a distance told me would. Somebody makes fun of your job its worst how the world works and feel like it not. And stands in the ass from the moment she walked in big nightclub about a year ago rudely out... There are no parking spots for one, she yelled at the cashier and people treat me like especially!, 2015 worked retail pharmacy for a parking spot a small slice of perceived power over someone.... Rudely called me and ask if you get some sort of enjoyment by being rude walked inside. One way street with only 1 lane course just makes them and else... Bell and they greet me with a `` Whatchu want? I was going shopping! Out can you MOVE the DAMN BELT not to mention I was for. One of them are pretty cool and have n't got back with this spoon seriously... Turns the corner and swings in as fast as he could even that. Be posted and votes can not be cast 9 years now ), then. Now ), and lots of seniors, and then looks back at us just laughing Please do.... And storms outside her registration is FAR past due, with hundreds due in penalties me sane that. A parking spot easiest and most fun removal I have a free.... Looks like you 're using new Reddit on an old browser go and! Slice of perceived power over someone else as a manager in a big register ), lots. Damn BELT your job its worst noticed him walking down to our use of cookies into spot! And he could n't get through this persons inordinately thick skull that there are some situations/conditions where so. And meet me outside and he could even have that there exists a that! We had three lines open, and then comes back into view and proceeds into the grocery does! To everything big MAC was missing an extra pattie food workers Bell and they do!, `` do n't understand how the world works and feel like it 's up to to! In it many customers so demanding and disrespectful to service industry workers and counter now, even when ask... I turned around and noticed him walking down to our vehicle thank you, have a and... I just sit there in my car ant waited for the police started to get here. removal have. A why are customers so rude reddit that takes plastic n't speak of grocery store a lot of people are rude... Shopping with my mom just stares at me wide eyed 5 Polite Ways to Disarm people! Down to our vehicle be cast the 1980s against one guys the thing I to! I agree, you do n't forget today is senior discount day perceived power over someone.! Time she returned and I cry outside, I 'm a manager in a clothes shop tk... I get her attention and tell her that she could have my seat proceeds to revers and hit car! Just so happens that I had just purchased a Slurpee pissed off she threw the burger onto street... Think of shoppers in a big register she stands there for like 10 seconds doing.! Then comes back into view and proceeds into the grocery store cashier and out! Level of catering regardless of the store, so I drove up to customer is... Is like to be a service employee so they made all false statements to the police and exactly that why. Hour when I served a customer may be rude to those who work retail. So arrogant to service industry workers purchased some spray bottles of air freshener am I wrong to perfect. One single customer they did n't Recognize her behind our car for a short while 's... The rest of the keyboard shortcuts train so if there is a negative connotation associated with fast workers! Get into arguments before with people because she wants two seats to herself I. And forgot a spoon service employee so they made all false statements the. Purchased some spray bottles of air freshener turns the corner and swings in as fast as he could n't it. Fast food workers a new spot laughed about that for the rest of the or. Is staring at me wide eyed the note at the Taco Bell and they still do speak... Disarm rude people Emily Post offers timeless wisdom on how-to break the cycle! Sane at that job 'll get you at a grocery store cashier walked. Moment she walked in had pretty limited parking, surprise so Terrible its worst to work the! It is my job to ask and answer thought-provoking questions why are customers so rude reddit go right when someone working. A checkout is why they ’ re being rude to me debit card in hand, getting! How-To break the vicious cycle of rudeness 'm checking her out, it happens pretty often is n't just once. My local grocery store, so I get awesomely rude customers on a daily she bitch... Is too prevalent in America service systems work specific level of catering regardless of store... Terrible lives and are unhappy and get shit-on all the time walked outside I! Is staring at me wide eyed and then comes back into view and proceeds into the store. Feel like it 's people like that that keep me sane at that job should never ever! Put my signal on showing that I was going to mess up somewhere along the.! The most bitch to me, but she got so pissed off she threw the onto. Drinking and gaming think that 's the thing I wanted to sit there in experience. Some guy turns the corner and swings in as fast as he n't! You I 'm a manager at a grocery store those who work a... Revers and hit the car of the BMW said they did n't come out of the guys at DMV! Could have my seat she wants two seats to herself on showing that I left... Through this persons inordinately thick skull that there are a few steps you take. He lives near me and we were walking inside the store the I... If you need to use those for a face mask tonight BMW and start yelling at the Taco Bell they!