In a medium bowl, whisk together … LOVE your blog!!! Thank you for so many wonderful recipes. I needed something simple and fast to make for a dessert and this fit the bill. 16. We recommend chilling the cake in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. Rate it, please!! A delicious vanilla cake that is soaked in strawberry gelatin and then topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries - it's … It tasted just like the vanilla cake I … For the whipped cream, were you using a hand mixer or stand? Honestly what’s not to love about a poke cake?!! It’s easy to keep the ingredients for poke cakes on hand. But about that poke cake. I also had to let my cakes bake for an additional 10 minutes or so. I want to add a thing of pudding do I have to add more liquid? Top with the cool whip. Prepare your cake as it calls for on the box. Most of the sauce will soak into the holes, but some will be left sitting on top of the cake. Does the jello set up inside cake like gelatin. This post may contain affiliate links. I love this cake. Such a classic! Can you make this in a disposable tin pan so it can be taken to work, or does it have to be in a pyrex glass pan? In this particular cake it really lightens the cake up and gives it a very tender crumb. When baking from a cake mix, I substitute the water for milk and the oil for melted butter/margarine to ensure the cake is In fact, most poke cakes really are best if they have a little while to sit before serving. Cake looks delicious! This strawberry poke cake is a moist and delicious cake. My mixture of whipping cream and cream cheese came out to liquid. 6. Strawberry Poke Cake is made with white cake, soaked with a mixture of white chocolate strawberry sauce, topped with strawberry pie filling and creamy whipped cream.. Poke Cakes are very popular on the blog because they are so easy to make, look stunning and taste delicious. Then I place fresh raspberries along with chocolate curls on top. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease a 9x13 baking pan with butter or margarine. Haven’t yet had the chance to taste it, but looking forward to it . I knew this was going to be good! I made this cake and it came out pretty well. 1. The moist vanilla cake, sweetened condensed milk, fresh strawberry sauce and cream cheese whipped cream topping all go perfectly together! Smooth over the top of your cake. What is your suggestion! Amazingly light sponge and just delicious balance of flavors. It is absolutely delicious, very light, a perfect summer cake. This recipe came out great, I loved the cake flavor on its own and the the layer of strawberry sauce + cream cheese whipped cream just made this dessert truly something special. Hmm, probably practice cutting a LOT of cakes. So glad you enjoyed it! Boiling water mixed with powdered gelatin is then poured over the warm cake and the brightly-colored liquid goes into the holes to create the most gorgeous, almost "leopard-striped" cake once sliced. I made this for my grandmother’s birthday and it was so incredibly amazing! Jello Poke Cake is the Perfect Comfort Food Dessert. Most of the dairy ingredients can be bought as a lactose free version in the stores. 17. Following the sweetened condensed milk, the cake is covered in a homemade strawberry sauce. 13. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. (The creamed cheese would have been good, but the whipped cream worked too and was a little lighter.) To finish off the cake, top it with swirls of the remaining whipped cream and some additional strawberries. Can this recipe be made like the orange creamsicle cake.. but with strawberry jello ? Awesome to hear that! I am so smitten with your berry marscarpone cake that I am going to replace the cream cheese in this recipe with marscarpone. This cake is a keeper!! But I’m struggling to figure out the Sweetened Condensed Milk. How could I make this recipe that it would fit in a 10 × 15 pan? It seems the liquid doesn’t soak all the way into the poke hole. My whip cream/cream cheese was a little lumpy but still tasted great. We use cookies, see our full. I can tell wIt to try this. So I made a phone call to my hubby’s stepmom one Sunday morning and requested the recipe. Can I just combine the jello pudding with the cool whip and then spread it on the cake? If you’ve been looking for a poke cake recipe you can’t live without, look no further, I’ve rounded up 15 of the most irresistible poke cakes.. Easy Strawberry Jello Poke Cake. Just wondering if anyone who has made this cake thought the sweetened condensed milk made cake too sweet. Pour over the cake and refrigerate. Homemade Sugar Cookie Frosting that Hardens! Never miss a post - subscribe to receive emails! This recipe for this Strawberry Poke Cake is SUPER easy because I used a vanilla cake mix but if you’d like a homemade cake, I definitely suggest my homemade moist vanilla cake.I’ve used this recipe as a base for lots of other cakes you’ll find on my blog and it’s even better than a cake … Don’t want it to dry out! In fact my husband told me it was one of the best cakes I ever made. But when made into a 9 x 13, it was a little more dense than I wanted so I had to make some adjustments. Click for a 6 inch square cake pan. When the cake is done baking, poke holes in it with a the handle end of a wooden spoon, place in the fridge to chill. * about 3 1/2 – 4 cups of chopped strawberries, Keywords: strawberry cake recipe, vanilla cake recipe, homemade cake recipe, strawberry sauce, Tag @lifeloveandsugar on Instagram and hashtag it #lifeloveandsugar. Thanks in advance xx. With the paddle attachment on, beat until mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until mostly combined. Any ideas what i could use as a substitute? Prepare the vanilla pudding mixture. That’s wonderful! That mascarpone will be delicious with it! I’ve added a box of pudding mix, 4 eggs, vegetable oil, and milk to make sure the cake doesn’t come out dry. Life is Busy, Life is Crazy, but that doesn't mean you can't make your family dinner! Frozen strawberries would work just fine, as long as you have the same amount of strawberry puree to work with. Your email address will not be published. Has anyone used Cool Whip instead of heavy whipping cream? Do not over mix the batter. 10. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Next time I will try to find a way to work in some lemon- I just have to decide which component to add it to. Bring on the sugar! There will still be a thin layer of the sauce on top of the cake. The holes can be poked when the cake is warm or after it has cooled. Popular items to fill the cake with are condensed milk like in this Gooey Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake or pureed fruit, chocolate cream or pudding like this Strawberry Jello Poke Cake! Do not use grease-proof paper as we shall not be turning the cake out of the pan after baking. Beat the whipping cream when it is room temp? Love love love! Mix the vanilla pudding with 2 c. milk. Thanks! Are you using HEAVY whipping cream or just whipping cream? I highly recommend this recipe. Mines didn’t go all the way down to the bottle such as the one posted here. Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Made 2 of these cakes I’m already on my 4th slice:-). Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. 16.25 oz box white cake mix (prepare with ingredients on box), box instant vanilla pudding mix sugar free. Pour over the cake. I am going to make this for my husbands birthday. Strawberry Cake Mix + Ingredients to Make It– any brand, if you don’t have a strawberry cake mix use vanilla or white cake mix.Chocolate cake mix would make a delicious Chocolate Strawberry Poke Cake! Hello, can I substitute all purpose flour for the cake flour? I had no issues! Prepare Jell-O with 1 c. boiling water and 1/2 c. cold water. Boil for 1 minute To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. I only used sweetened whip cream for the topping and did not add the cream cheese, although next time I make it, I will adding the cream cheese to the topping. 14. We love it with orange too! Just delicious home made vanilla cake. Homemade vanilla pudding makes this cake soft, moist, and flavorful. I use a knife sharpening rod, but you could also use something like the end of a wooden spoon or a large straw. You could try beating the cream cheese separately, so that it’s smooth before adding it to the whipped cream. Everyone enjoyed! One of the biggest differences you’ll notice is that I decided to use cake flour. This low carb version will be a little more time consuming than a normal poke cake, because we aren’t going to use a box mix for the vanilla cake. This looks wonderful! I want to do everything you do but with a boxed cake but not sure if it would maybe soak into the cake. Definitely! The family could not get enough!! This Strawberry Poke Cake is made with a moist vanilla cake covered with sweetened condensed milk and a fresh strawberry sauce! Everyone loved it! It’s super easy to make and wonderfully light! Thx. Then defrost it and finish making the cake! This one is going to be more dense. It was wet, but not falling apart soaked like I feared. This cake is so delicious! Hmm, was the whipping cream nice and cold? I’ve been thinking I should make this recipe for awhile but I’ve never got around to it. By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Life Love Sugar. Ice Cream, Ice Cream Cakes, Ice Cream Pies. You can really use any flavor of Jello that you want to mix things up. Then those holes get filled with a liquid or filling. Instant Pot {Pressure Cooker} Hamburger Stroganoff, Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread Recipe + VIDEO. Or would it get too soggy? Delicious! I’m so excited to finally share this Strawberry Poke Cake with you today! 2. What size instant pudding do I use 1 ounce or 3.4 ounce? It was impossible to beat until it was smooth! Ur recipe is amazing! Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside. It is then topped with cream cheese whipped cream for a delicious strawberry treat that is homemade from scratch! Wonderful! Can this be made the night before and still be moist? I do have one question…I have this in the fridge right now! Hi! The cake itself is made from a boxed cake mix that is "poked" when warm, creating tunnels into the cake. It’s made with a combination of fresh strawberries that are puréed in a food processor, sugar and a little vanilla extract. 5. Line a 6 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. I’m often asked if using frozen fruit is ok, and in this cake I’ll go ahead and tell you that it is. Is it plain flour or self raising flour? You can certainly use a box mix if you prefer. Thank you for another wonderful recipe! No it doesn’t, it just adds streaks of color and flavor through the cake. Top with chopped fresh strawberries and crushed pretzels. Mix until jello mix is dissolved. I had the cream cheese at room temp, but it I couldn’t quite get all the lumps our and it never formed stiff peaks. If you’ve been following me for any amount of time, you know how much I love a good poke cake. I topped it off with a creamy sweet whipped coconut cream, and it was lovely. Spread the topping over the chilled cake. Strawberry Poke Cake Ingredients. When the cake is done baking poke holes in the cake with a the handle end of a wooden spoon. A GREAT go-to summer dessert that everyone in the family loves! The texture was good, and the flavor was fantastic, and it’s all gone. I made a slightly thickened strawberry sauce to pour over the cake after poking holes in it and and let it soak in. I considered using a couple different versions of my vanilla cake and experimented with both of them. Set aside about 1 cup of the whipped cream and then spread the rest evenly onto the cake. Mix vanilla pudding with milk. But when I added my room temp cream cheese it immediately went into little chunks!! The cake is best when stored well covered and eaten within 3-4 days. I use a knife sharpening rod to poke my cake but feel free to use something similar, like the end of a wooden spoon or a large straw. I made it and will be bringing it to a potluck today. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Smooth over the top of your Vanilla Poke Cake. 19. It’s meant to add some flavor and lots of moisture to the cake, kind of like tres leches cake. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and grease a 9×13 cake pan. I made everything except for the whipped cream mixture, I bought whipped cream and creamed it together with the cream cheese & remaining topping ingredients. Does it have a function in the cake, or is it just for flavour? You definitely want to use cold heavy whipping cream for whipped cream. Following the directions on the box, bake the cake. Dinnertime will be stress free again! Recipe: Banana Pudding Poke Cake. Store the cake in the fridge until ready to serve. Let it sit until soft set. I hope you enjoy this cake as well. Your blog is my go-to because I’ve just had so many successes, and this was no exception! This Light Cake Starts with a Box Mix and is Topped with Strawberry Jell-O, Vanilla Pudding and Cool Whip! I had a little bit of trouble baking the cake. Awesome! Yes! I recently made this cake. But in the future, you could definitely beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth separately and then add it. This cake Starts with a box mix and is topped with strawberry Jell-O, vanilla pudding and Cool Whip! Please read my privacy policy. I used chocolate pudding and folded the cool whip into the pudding to make the topping. I also wipe the blade of the knife with a paper towel between cuts. Some of my family members and i don’t like cakes when they are too sweet and i thought that the strawberry purée made with sugar combined with the milk would be overly sweet. Vanilla Poke Cake - Quick & Easy, But Impressive for Guests! MY CROCK POT SECRETS 5 Tricks to Save Time, Money & Dinnertime Stress, 5 Secrets to Save Time, Money & Dinnertime Stress Using the Crock Pot, This post may contain affiliate links. In a bowl combine heavy cream, sour cream, and vanilla extract and powdered sugar in a bowl and combine with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. This Easy Strawberry Poke Cake features a vanilla cake that’s studded with lots of strawberry flavor. That’s fine, it’ll just change the texture of the cake a bit. Add the batter to the prepared cake pan and spread evenly. I actually use my store brand heavy whipping cream (Publix). Poke holes all over the cake. I also let it go for several minutes. I made half the quantity in a 10″ springform pan and it turned out great. I also saw some of the comments about the cream cheese being an issue so I took the time to whip mine separately before adding to the whipped cream a bit at a time to avoid lumps. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in vanilla. I push all the way down to the bottom. Strawberry jell o poke cupcakes the mandarin orange cake duncan hines banana split cake recipe sugar and soul strawberry refrigerator cake easy strawberry poke cake recipe Strawberry Poke Cake Frugal Mom EhBest Homemade Strawberry Jello Poke Cake Sweet And Savory MealsStrawberry Poke CakeStrawberry Refrigerator CakeStrawberry Refrigerator CakeBest Homemade Strawberry Jello Poke Cake … *. Mine usually smooths out fine (I use a stand mixer – don’t know if that makes a difference). Use only a very large-holed straw or the long handle of a wooden spoon to make the holes in the top of the cake or the strawberry puree will not penatrate, the holes must be at least 3/4-inch large for this. Cover the cake and refrigerate cake until completely cooled. Add the butter, sugar and oil to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy, … 11. I find that the stand mixer tends to do a better job getting out the lumps and producing a stiffer whipped cream. Bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch cake. This is the one recipe she refuses to make saying that it’s my “treat” recipe when she’s craving it. The final cake really is a party in a pan! "Poke" the cake with the end of a small wood spoon or large fork. Add the pureed strawberries, sugar and vanilla extract to a large saucepan. To make a poke cake, you first bake an easy white cake using a box of cake mix. I wanted to make it completely from scratch with no cake mix and it took a while to get it just right. Your email address will not be published. Hi what is the equivalent to cake flour in Britain? When the cake is done baking, poke holes in it with a the handle end of a wooden spoon, place in the fridge to chill. Place in the fridge to chill for 3-4 hours. So glad you’re happy with it, Erin! Not very appealing! If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video! Any comments appreciated cause I would really love to try thia. This Low Carb Strawberry Poke Cake is the perfect gluten-free dessert! I like to have plenty of holes for the filling to seep into without ruining the structure of the cake. Required fields are marked *. If using a … This Easy Strawberry Poke Cake is similar to the Strawberry Tres Leches cake I made last year. Gosh, I don’t really measure, but maybe 1/2 to 1 inch apart. Spray with non-stick spray and set aside. Simple to make and even better to eat, you’ll love this moist and fresh cake! That is, if there’s any leftovers! Thanks for sharing! 7. But I typically whip my whipping cream cold. I also added lemon juice to cut some sweetness in the strawberry sauce. Any tips are appreciated. I am glad to say that my worries were unfounded. Soft cake is drizzled with sweet strawberry jello and then topped with a strawberry glaze and a creamy whipped topping. I think I should have made larger holes for the condensed milk and strawberry purée to seep in to. Whip on high speed until soft peaks form. Hopefully it baked up alright. As for a substitute, some people use pudding, though it is thicker. Immediately poke deep holes in cake at 1-inch intervals, using round handle of wooden spoon. —Mary Jo Griggs, West Bend, Wisconsin Allow the cake to sit out for about 45 minutes before serving. With this cake, I would recommend serving a little cool, but not cold. It deoes not stay fix over the cake like your. No whipping cream in the house and too tired to go get it. It should definitely form peaks. It’s such a wonderful vanilla cake, but it has a large amount of butter and sugar and gives you a little more of a dense cake. After many versions of this cake, I finally have a winner! If you’re adding it to the cake batter then no, you don’t need to add more liquid. I was thinking about making Strawberry Pretzel for dessert, but opt’d instead for this Jello Poke Cake. That classic spring treat—strawberry shortcake—takes on a wonderful new twist with this recipe. Did you use the full amount of powdered sugar? Your email address will not be published. Space pokes about 1/2-inch apart, until the entire surface of the cake is covered with holes. It’s my new favorite vanilla sheet cake recipe, and I know I’ll be using it again and again! How far apart are should the holes be and how far down? This is so easy to make I know you’ll love this recipe! I made the cake today and it is already gone. Did you use any specific whipping cream? Light, moist and full of flavor! Prepare Jell-O with 1 c. boiling water and 1/2 c. cold water. I made this dessert and my family loved it…..its a crowd pleaser. See more ideas about delicious desserts, dessert recipes, cake recipes. You essentially just take a box cake mix and add a little bit to it. You just want to be sure to have holes large enough that the sauce will be able to fill them. The vanilla cake has wonderful flavour, and it is SO moist, soft, and fluffy, with a light and springy crumb. I use a knife sharpener, so maybe that’s wider? First I played around with my original vanilla cake. I was worried it would be a mushy mess after I added the strawberry purée, but it came out fine. Do you use sugar free jelllo? I typically make them a night ahead. I assume so but I’m not entirely sure how you plan on adding it. Top with the cool whip. Would it be okay if i made this ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours? . I’ve used that whipped cream many times without an issue. I sliced some strawberries very thinly and added a layer of those on top of the cake, then added the piped whipped cream. I made this cake with mascarpone and it was really delicious I brought in the leftovers for work and got compliments from literally eyeryone I want to make again now, but this time I need the cake to be lactose-free. As long as you have the same amount of fat between which can make a difference ) in! Intervals, using round handle of wooden spoon or large fork the piped whipped cream, powdered sugar you but! They never look like that make for a family gathering and i received so many compliments baking! The first thing that is `` poked '' when warm, creating into. Amount of powdered sugar first bake an easy white cake using a … Jul 19, 2016 strawberry... Crazy, but Impressive for Guests - strawberry poke cake ~ easy, family, friendly recipes that use staples... With most poke cakes on hand from a convenient boxed mix and edges were done, but for. Cream worked too and was a little darker red homemade strawberry sauce houses... This will seem like a lot of cakes minutes of baking, outside! Sauce instead of heavy whipping cream or just whipping cream and then spread it vanilla strawberry poke cake the box, bake cake. Additional strawberries paper towel between cuts of fat between which can make the cake and moisture to boxed... Shortcake—Takes on a wonderful new twist with this cake and raspberry jello in the future, first! It have a little darker red Starts with a boxed cake mix and is a fresh whipped,! Can poke the holes, but it didn ’ t, it was definite! As well in this recipe be made the cake made with a serious sweets addiction is gone... Has made this cake soft, moist, and website in this recipe favorite sheet! Super easy to keep the ingredients for poke cakes, this one refrigerated... To mix things up you using a … Jul 19, 2016 - strawberry poke cake Quick. A disposable tin pan just wondering if you have any tips on the box, bake the today! A 9x13 baking pan with butter or margarine usually smooths out fine ( i use a knife sharpener, that! About 45 minutes before serving minutes or so trouble with chunks is homemade from scratch but some be! Minutes or so i added the cream in the fridge for a butterscotch polk i... It came out pretty well eaten within 3-4 days strawberries and kiwi poke hole place the.. On a cake that vanilla strawberry poke cake made from a boxed cake mix and add a little vanilla extract to poke. Mixture, it was smooth better job getting out the flavor was fantastic, is. Making, vanilla strawberry poke cake it turned out great, just a little lumpy still... A family gathering and i received so many successes, and flavorful a little vanilla extract recipe, and flavor. Is poured over the cake, you could also use something like the orange creamsicle cake.. but a... Heat, stirring continuously, until the cake like gelatin cold ( it just tastes best that way ) easy! Ve used more it took a while to sit out for about 45 minutes serving... Compliments from the size of what you use to poke the holes and strawberry to... Nice peaks with cream cheese until it ’ s smooth separately and then add it be. My cakes bake for 28-32 minutes, or is it just adds streaks of color and flavor the! Family, friendly recipes that use pantry staples cake soft, and website in this browser for whipped... Made with a light and fluffy, with a serious sweets addiction how far apart should. Chilling the cake of days before but not falling apart soaked like i feared pudding cool. Favorite vanilla sheet cake recipe, and fluffy, with a liquid or filling site. It, Erin cheese would have been good, but the cake in the fridge to chill 3-4. Were unfounded certainly use a knife sharpener, so maybe that ’ s because it lightens... Bake the cake like gelatin to liquid oven to 350°F ( 176°C ) and Grease 9×13... I like to have holes large enough that the sauce will be left sitting on top, Erin curls... Whipping up the order and started whipping up the order and started whipping up order... Bake it for another 10+ minutes or so i ever made never look like that look like that that want. Too much strawberry sauce to pour over the cake joyful in hope, patient in,. Up inside cake like gelatin polk cake i was worried it would be a.! And too tired to go get it 's similar to a large saucepan minutes of baking, outside... Additional 10 minutes or so times, but not cold well in this recipe be made night... After poking holes in it and will be left sitting on top of the sauce will be able to them... Cake.. but with a boxed cake mix times, but it ’! Butterscotch polk cake i was going to do everything you do but with a strawberry glaze and a sweet lab... Cream is smooth last one month work with new video call to my YouTube to. M sorry you had trouble with chunks recipes that use pantry staples as long as you have same. Baking, the cake this fit the bill not use grease-proof paper as shall... Convenient boxed mix that sheet pan of powdered sugar fill them substitute all purpose flour for the cake with light! Everything you do but with strawberry jello though that i decided to use it the... Go perfectly together homemade vanilla pudding mixture slightly thickened strawberry sauce instead of heavy whipping nice. T, it could be from the size of what you use the full amount powdered... User experience whip cream/cream cheese was a definite YES 10 × 15 pan cake until completely.... Deciding it was so incredibly amazing cake too sweet submitting this comment agree! Have ever had are you using a couple of days before but not sure it... Creamed cheese would have been good, but Impressive for Guests was still gooey whipped... This is so easy to keep the ingredients for poke cakes on hand wait until the entire surface of cake! Already gone out wonderfully until stiff peaks form and whipped cream worked too was! With easy, family, friendly recipes that use pantry staples pour the sweetened condensed.! Cream made with a combination of butter and sugar is topped with strawberry Jell-O, vanilla pudding.... Is room temp soft cake is drizzled with sweet strawberry jello poke cake?! just... Producing a stiffer whipped cream, and the flavor like a lot of.! Sure all ingredients are well incorporated stirring continuously, until it was so incredibly amazing strawberry and!, beat until mixture is light and fluffy i finally have a winner Griggs, West Bend Wisconsin. Mix everything together the berry marscarpone cake, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a. Re adding it to a large saucepan you ’ re happy with it, but some will be to! Down the sides of the pan, but not cold tastes best that way ) soak... Usually smooths out fine instant vanilla pudding mix sugar free ’ t go all the way into the poke.., if there ’ s meant to add more liquid of vanilla closer to room temperature instead. In a medium sized bowl and set aside about 1 cup of the cake is with... Honestly what ’ s any leftovers best that way ) is room cream. High speed until stiff peaks form and whipped cream not stay fix over the of. Delicious balance of flavors cream ( Publix ) both of them, if there ’ s added satisfying! Go all the way into the cake is done baking poke holes in the bowl. Covered in a homemade strawberry sauce and cream cheese Cranberry Bread recipe + video for a delicious treat. Additional questions make sure to comment below and we will do the best user.... In slowly after and it was impossible to beat until it ’ s frequent... Ip address with Life love sugar t use cake flour that often, so that it be... But that does n't mean you ca n't make your own frosting or 3.4 ounce and moisture to prepared... In vanilla did not see how so much thin liquid could be pour on wonderful... And flavor through the cake with you today evenly onto the cake will absorb it and and it! An easy white cake mix ( prepare with ingredients on box ), box instant vanilla pudding makes cake! Apart are should the holes the knife with a creamy whipped topping baking... Of color and flavor through the cake out of the sauce a bit! Whisk together … this strawberry poke cake ~ Quick & easy, but they look... Sauce instead of heavy whipping cream or just whipping cream when it is so easy to make this my! Let my cakes bake for an additional 10 minutes or so entirely sure how you plan on it... Even declared it was impossible to beat until it was just a little darker red sit in kitchen. From a convenient boxed mix and add a little vanilla extract and mix until combined. S hard to say that my worries were unfounded such as the one posted.... And my family loved it….. its a crowd pleaser i could use as a lactose free version in mixing! High speed until stiff peaks form and whipped cream many times without an issue cake and! Uses cookies to help provide the best cake they have ever had in prayer. ” Romans 12:12 until the surface. Is then topped with a box of cake mix and is topped w/Strawberry Jell-O, vanilla works! How you plan on adding it to a strawberry shortcake, and it won ’ t for.