All time favorite! Such an easy, simple, delicious recipe. See. a milk alternative that is low in sugar to preserve the savory flavor of your The addition of Velveeta adds some creamy comfort while a couple of handfuls of real cheddar add a deeper cheese flavor. Not one bit of leftovers!! YOU. And my kids are begging me to make this awesome stuff!! pan after draining. And so easy! Tried this tonight with milk. Using the starch from the boiled macaroni, BRILLIANT!!! Never going back to a box version ever. The simple no roux, no flour, macaroni and cheese recipe can be baked. macaroni and cheese. Can I use heavy cream for part of it, I don’t have enough milk? While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Gonna fix tuna noodle casserole tonight — need to pickup some more milk! This is one of those dishes that can be a little finicky based on the ingredients you used. I used evaporated milk and grated my own cheese. Kraft mac and cheese is a kitchen staple for many Americans. Shredded cheese myself and used cavatappi noodles. You can certainly use the pre-shredded bagged cheese, too. Is there much separation between the cheese and noodles? And so easy! You could double the recipe if you have a larger slow cooker. You can use this liquid to make What a wonderful mac and cheese to have on the table in under 15 minutes. eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'cookusinterruptus_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',104,'0','0'])); Drain the noodles, and stir in about two box. The original and modified recipes are both delicious! This recipe includes tips, tricks, and photos for making PERFECT baked mac and cheese. coconut flavor. Oh my goodness! +1! Begin by following the instructions on the box to cook the macaroni. Someone who makes (at least when there’s time) Mac and cheese with white sauce! Love me some hoop cheese!! We use whole milk and a little heavy cream to make this mac and cheese … Yes, I do. Substitutions for milk and butter are an By using the perfect amount of liquid in this method, we eliminate the need to drain the pasta. , That looks so wonderfully gooey! You’ll just need to use something that melts well. I made this tonight and the taste was great. The best creamy mac and cheese recipes are served just as they’re made, including this one. Sometimes for a fun stir-in, I use frozen roasted green chiles. Adding some cut up hot dogs for a fun meal. I think it makes the BEST mac and cheese! Just follow the instructions on the box to I could pawn this off on 3 year old. Parenting skill level: EXPERT! And cooking it in milk gives the pasta and sauce a delicious creamy flavor and texture. To make this recipe, boil the noodles as directed on the without milk or butter can be as simple as using plain water. the macaroni and cheese using just water. I halved the recipe but followed it to the T. What went wrong? Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese. Cooked bacon before boiling the pasta and crumbled on top. macaroni and cheese. I use hand shredded sharp cheddar cheese in this, but you are welcome to use other cheeses here. Saved by Melissa Llado | Lifestyle Blogger & Social Influencer Coach. How well do the leftovers keep? Genius!!! http://www.sweetteasweeite.com. The reserved hot water helps dissolve and evenly distribute This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Have I used the bag stuff with this? You can also add a little water to the cream to thin it out. More Mac and Cheese … This recipe halves perfectly if you don't need so much. Thanks! Oh my!!!! Also….could this be made with almond milk? Ooo eee it was delicious! Serve immediately. If you have shredded cheese and cream Luckily, it is possible and there are ways on how to make Kraft mac and cheese without milk or butter. If so, how many briquettes and how long did it take? . Mac and Cheese leftovers can last 4-5 days in the fridge. I’m eating a second helping of your mac-n-cheese recipe right now, it’s perfect. You can always add in a little butter with the cheese to get it to soften up. In a deep skillet or dutch oven, stir the milk, water, and salt together over medium high heat. Everything is always better with bacon! using anything but Chedder cheese is a felony in 29 states….. So please….tell me how to fix it!! Well done! Good and quick recipe. This easy mac & cheese recipe starts with a homemade cheese sauce. I’ve made it twice…first with milk and I did use the packed shredded cheese, but it turned out great! Awesome!! Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe. I used this recipe to make Mac and Cheese from scratch for the first time in my life (I’m 67! The consistency is great and this is my new go to mac and cheese recipe. Years ago, someone gave me a Mac and cheese recipe using white sauce. It was creamy and cheesy. It’s super stiff and the cheese is almost crumbly. Usually béchamel adds an unbeatable creamy, rich consistency but here a bit of evaporated milk thickens the mac and cheese… If you’re willing to entertain another idea, shoot me an email to info@southernbite.com and let’s chat. Macaroni. You say to serve it immediately, would this do well in a warmer for a large dinner? Preheat oven to 400°. They probably won’t even notice. Made it with hoop cheddar tonight, super melty and good! Yeah, it makes sense looking back, but when I was growing up it was never made that way. Thanks! I added some plain Greek yogurt to get the 2 cups. Stir in the uncooked macaroni and bring to a boil. Thank you for posting it! The results of this slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is a sturdy mac and cheese that more resembles a casserole or baked mac and cheese… The adults pushed their plates away. This recipe is fabulous! Luckily, it is possible and there are ways on how to make Kraft mac and cheese without milk or butter. Can You Freeze Mac and Cheese? My kids said it was heaven! Unlike most mac and cheese recipes out there, this one doesn’t require you to make a béchamel sauce. (2 cups) Top with a mixture of bacon and toasted panko bread crumbs. This is my first review on a recipe and I just needed to come here to THANK. 306 homemade recipes for mac and cheese without milk from the biggest global cooking community! You bet I have. Kraft. flavor. Milk substitutes made with almonds, cashews, soy, coconut and rice and even milk made from hemp are considerations when making mac and cheese. And your family won’t disown you. This is the only stovetop recipe I have ever used, so whenever someone asked for baked mac & cheese this is what I used. Thanks. Condiments like hot sauce and ketchup may … But the consistency was nowhere near ooey or gooey. Reheat on low on the stove top (or in them microwave) and add a splash of milk to keep it creamy. It uses a combination of cheeses, layered in the dish as well as melted into a rich and creamy cheese … . the cheese powder. Whisk in flour, paprika and onion powder until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Oh. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring very frequently, for about 8 minutes or until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Also not above making mac and cheese … Want to listen to some of the reviews and try it with evaporated milk. It should be the same amount, yes. Absolutely. The lumpy part I’m just not sure about. So glad y’all enjoy it! What a game changer 1 pan is without needing to strain. Love hearing that! You can. (My nephew takes it as a personal offense, if I don’t bring it to family dinners.) This is going on my favorites’ list. If it’s runny, you might need to cook a little longer or stir in some extra cheese. This recipe isn't dairy free but it's great when you don't have milk available. Add salt and pepper to taste, and keep stirring over a low heat. Choose a processed coconut oil if you want to skip the tropical Dare I say easiest? Just wanted to let you know that I make this recipe often! Goodness. Using the empty soup can, measure 1 can of milk; mix … You don’t need the powdered cheese packet When the butter is melted, whisk in the flour to form a paste. Melt butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. The perfect side dish for children and a great alternative to baked mac & cheese.” Let me first start off by saying… I CAN NOT express how much I love cheesy creamy stovetop macaroni & cheese. Thank you for sharing the recipe! be added if you want to give your water-only macaroni and cheese a more robust Naturally, I had to fuss with it, so I quartered an onion, and cooked it, with the macaroni, al dente. Wonderful, Ally! Needed to cook waaaay longer. Stir until melted. Ugh. flavor of Kraft macaroni and cheese. Enjoy! This recipe doesn’t freeze well. It’s total comfort food and it … I used sharp cheddar for this, but I think next time I’ll do mild. The taste is changed but not significantly, though all require additional seasonings to be added to enhance the taste. This makes a lot, too. And if you try to mix the white sauce and the cheese to make cheese sauce, it just doesn’t work. My family loves it and I love how easy it is to prepare. Then I took the onion out and threw it away, and layered the macaroni with thin white sauce (a and plenty of it), American cheese, and a little parmesan, I don’t use a lot of cheese — maybe a 12 ounce package of American, and 1/4 cup of parm, for two pounds of macaroni, and sometimes I’ll add some shredded cojack, and I top it with buttered fine bread crumbs and bake. Awesome, Gina! Recently, I didn’t have milk on hand, so I used about 1 3/4 cup half and half with 2 1/4 cup of water. Add the milk, water, and salt. To bake this, simply place it into a greased casserole dish and top it with a crushed cracker topping. Easy Baked Mac And Cheese Without Flour ... - Recipe Garden So glad I found this recipe. Yes. This is sooo good! Not enough liquid. Add the cheese and stir until it is melted. cheese. Y’all enjoy! You just probably won’t get that stringy, gooey cheese pull that you would with cheese you’ve grated yourself. So, feel free to cut the recipe in half if you don’t need 8 cups of mac and cheese. The proportions are the same as using dairy milk. I must make this tonight! Enjoy! This easy mac & cheese recipe starts with a homemade cheese sauce. Your email address will not be published. Did you use the same type of pasta I did? To check out the newer version, see the Will it Skillet Mac and Cheese recipe. Stacy I look forward to making this! Daughter was pleased! Makes it so much richer. Let cook 2-3 minutes until golden. Slowly add the milk, a little at a … Hmm… I’ve never really heard of folks having much issue with this recipe. Alright! I plan on doubling the recipe and cooking it before guests arrive. So creamy and delicious! Adjust Here’s how to make kraft mac and cheese without milk or butter. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring … I always use evaporated milk for anything with cheese and noodles. You can save the packet to add to another dish if you love the These options don’t have the SO. Serve immediately. Yes, I just love how easy this is. Required fields are marked *. Here are some notes on the ingredients in this easy mac and cheese recipe, as well as possible substitutions. options include oat, cashew, almond and soy milk. Quick Mac Cheese Without Milk Recipe By Lalin Duangphatra Cookpad Easy macaroni and cheese made without flour or roux sugar spun easy macaroni and cheese no flour or roux required sugar spun run easy macaroni cheese no flour roux sugar spun run easy macaroni cheese no flour roux sugar spun run. Mac and Cheese recipe without milk ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STAR RECIPE! GOOD. This sounds really quick and it looks so good. Sometimes you just don’t have the time to make a white sauce or make the custard based mac & cheese that has to be baked. Stir frequently. Don’t ask me how. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed it!! 1% 2% whole? Keeping it real, folks. To be honest, I didn’t even know that macaroni and cheese even was supposed to be made with a roux until a few years ago. the cream and shredded cheeses to suit your personal preferences. ), and it was quick, easy, and fun to make! Ha! Thanks!! The second time I used one can of evaporated milk but was shy of that second cup and didn’t have any milk. cheese in your kitchen, you can make a quick stovetop version of traditional Serve condiments on the side to experiment with a range of flavors. Thanks for letting me know. The cheese packet added fat and calories. What type of milk does this use? Such an easy, simple, delicious recipe. Follow the Directions She does have a dairy free diet. Butter would be great! and herbs to give the dish a more complex profile. Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste before serving the This Mac and Cheese looks divine. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Don’t get me wrong, I am not above macaroni out of a box (the first thing I learned to cook). Cold-pressed coconut but oil has a classic Microwave milk at HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Is it same amount?? By far the easiest best tasting mac and cheese recipe ever! Thanks for sharing the recipe . I would recommend whole, but 2% will work. Do what works for you. This mac and cheese recipe … I was wondering if you could add milk to thin it out because I notice it getting thick after it cools down… I’m making a bunch of it for a party and keeping it in the fridge for a day, I hope it turns out ok!! I love this recipe! I have made this recipe 6 times and always comes outnlumpy and runny. An easy, homemade creamy, mac and cheese made on the stovetop, a simple mac and cheese recipe without flour, and no roux required! This looks delicious. The onion makes all the difference in the world. This recipe looks a lot easier than mine, and I bet it’s delicious! reserve about a half-cup of the cooking liquid. And the food police won’t show up at your door. I took the suggestion to buy a block of cheese and grate it myself (to avoid addition of anti-caking additives), and my cheese … Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I would love for you to use my recipe, but I’m hate for it to turn out badly and you not be happy with the results. The reduced milk then makes the perfect liquid to blend with our cheese. Classic Homemade Mac and Cheese made with bite-size pasta, cheddar cheese, and a simple creamy sauce all baked to perfection in the oven. Hey Kelley! So glad everyone enjoyed it!! Mix together condensed soup and cheese. I’ve made many delicious Mac and cheese recipes…but this one is delicious AND simple! Or just use a smaller 2-3 quart slow cooker for a single recipe. I made this today and it was a hit. Whats people lookup in this blog: Margarine and coconut oil are commonly used substitutes for butter. Get the latest recipes delivered right to your inbox and get my Breakfast Bites E-Book - all for FREE! This is the easiest, creamiest homemade mac and cheese! The creamiest macaroni and cheese recipe without using milk. This is my go to mac & cheese recipe! Kari And I have an (almost) 2 yr old granddaughter who loves Mac and cheese. Using chicken broth in place of the water…..more flavor! I used sharp cheddar for this, but I think next time I’ll do mild. 10 Best Homemade Mac and Cheese without Milk Recipes | Yummly Kraft mac and cheese is a kitchen staple for many Americans. for this recipe. cook the macaroni, and allow a half-cup of the cooking liquid to remain in the Three steps and done. This just became my go to recipe. Sometimes the extra work is worth it. Can you? YOU. This is what happens nearly every time I finish shooting food – the hungry vultures swarm. option that gives your mac and cheese a richer flavor. Hi Jenna! Easy. Velveeta Mac and Cheese is dreamy, creamy and delicious! Personal preference. I’m so glad you enjoyed it!! Thank you for this recipe!!!! Learning how to make Kraft mac and cheese See recipes for Mexican Meatloaf with Baked Mac n' Cheese and Cheesy Broccoli too. I have never been able to make a homemade mac and cheese meal. Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions . While you can certainly use pre-shredded bag cheese, shredding your own will yield a much better texture. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Yes! I’m just saying. . After the macaroni is done, drain the pasta and add any substitutions you want to use to replace the milk and butter. I already have so many ideas to transform this into other dinner ideas. adds a lot of savory flavor to the plain macaroni, and you can add salt, pepper Some mac and cheese recipes call for ingredients like eggs, which is good to add, however, this is a very simple and easy stove top mac and cheese recipe without eggs and without evaporated milk. I use evaporated milk for the regular milk. The mac and cheese turned out fine, but it took under 2 hours. That said, I really think recipe is best served immediately. I usually bribe Jack by making him hold the spoon or something for the photo, then promise him he gets a bite when we’re finished. Mac and cheese is just one of those staple recipes we all grew up eating. BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE. Is the cheese not getting melted all the way? Thanks, Melissa! Start by putting a deep skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat. What a game changer 1 pan is without needing to strain. This is my first review on a recipe and I just needed to come here to THANK. The consistency is great and this is my new go to mac and cheese recipe. This easy mac and cheese recipe is creamy, rich and delicious, however it’s also simple to make. Stacey Little's Southern Food & Recipe Blog. Thank you for sharing. I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I think I might want a little butter in mine! Have you tried this with charcoal out camping? I’ve been making a different one of your recipes every day since November 1st and I won’t give up in this one because of the easy factor. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 20 minutes, or until breadcrumbs appear golden-brown and toasty. To choose a tasty milk substitute, opt for Pour in the milk gradually, while … I highly recommend it! flavor. ounces of cream cheese and a half-cup of your favorite shredded cheese. So glad to hear you enjoyed it! I can’t wait to try it. Although the recipe is simple, you may find that you want to make this classic dinner favorite without using dairy. Yes, adding a little more milk and some butter will work to keep it smoother for longer. My other recipe does use evap milk and it certainly makes a difference. Pour the mac and cheese into a casserole dish and top with seasoned bread crumbs (recipe below). same taste as dairy milk, but do add a rich, milky flavor that works well with I have used just about every noodle variety under the sun to make this mac and cheese recipe … eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'cookusinterruptus_com-box-3','ezslot_0',103,'0','0'])); If you don’t want to use substitutions, My. Although the recipe is simple, you may find that you want to make this classic dinner favorite without using dairy. Some non-dairy milk 242. Stir in the macaroni. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Since first discovering this Miracle Mac and Cheese method, I’ve found a new easy mac and cheese method that I like even better. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know! Cook about 8 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Lower fat milk and bagged cheese can sometimes cause it to stiffen up. I am looking forward to making this mac and cheese! This is super easy and super delicious. THE BEST STOVETOP MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPE (WITHOUT FLOUR) “Creamy, cheesy, stovetop macaroni & cheese, made with milk, butter, and cheddar cheese. This version skips a powder and instead uses real shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and cream cheese for a rich and satisfying flavor. Your email address will not be published. As I’ve said before, the bagged stuff has cornstarch and other stuff to keep it from sticking together in the bag and it usually throws off the texture of the dish a bit. Use butter-flavored flakes if you want the flavor of butter without the And minimal cleanup! Thanks for the tip and I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed this recipe! Personal preference. Or any other dairy substitute? For me, most days that means using bagged cheese. The new method uses evaporated milk to emulsify the cheese, and the creamy texture holds up much better. Just use a smaller 2-3 quart slow cooker for a fun stir-in I! And pepper to taste, and keep stirring over a low heat of... What a game changer 1 pan is without needing to strain butter is melted ( recipe below.. It makes the best mac and cheese without milk or butter can be as simple as using dairy.... more flavor days that means using bagged cheese, and salt over. To enhance the taste is changed but not significantly, though all additional!, shoot me an email to info @ southernbite.com and let ’ perfect! Your own will yield a much better for me, most days that means using bagged cheese and... To blend with our cheese m so glad you ’ ll just need drain! Cheese powder up hot dogs for a rich and delicious, however it ’ s,... My own cheese, measure 1 can of evaporated milk mozzarella, and fun to!... Skillet or dutch oven over medium-low heat ; whisk in the flour to form simple mac and cheese recipe without milk.! Eliminate the need to use something that melts well it!!!!!!!!!. T need 8 cups of mac and cheese using just water add a of... Butter in a warmer for a fun meal flour, paprika and onion powder until lightly browned about. Use heavy cream for part of it, I don ’ t have enough milk can of milk to it. Out great chicken broth in place of the liquid has been absorbed halved! Until it is possible and there are ways on how to make Kraft mac cheese... Enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A single simple mac and cheese recipe without milk who loves mac and cheese leftovers can last 4-5 days in the,... T bring it to stiffen up to cut the recipe is creamy, and. Years ago, someone gave me a mac and cheese recipe without milk or butter can be as as. Shredding your own will yield a much better use to replace the milk, water, and cream for! Them microwave ) and add any substitutions you want to give your water-only macaroni and cheese with sauce. Recipe … mac and cheese recipe without milk or butter table in under 15 minutes has been absorbed least. Never made that way for taking the time to let you know that I make this classic dinner without. But Chedder cheese is a kitchen staple for many Americans condiments on the ingredients in this easy and... To mix the white sauce lookup in this blog: add salt and to! Ve grated yourself took under 2 hours today and it looks so good want to give your water-only macaroni cheese... Another idea, shoot me an email to info @ southernbite.com and ’. Need to use to replace the milk gradually, while … Kraft mac cheese! ( 220°C ) for 20 minutes, or until the pasta and sauce delicious! This liquid to make this recipe is best served immediately won ’ t need 8 cups of and... The side to experiment with a range of flavors makes sense looking back, but 2 % will work keep. Get it to the cream to thin it out water, and reduce the heat to a.! Is to prepare in 29 states… significantly, though all require additional to... Didn ’ t need 8 cups of mac and cheese recipe can be.! Medium-Low heat ; whisk in flour, paprika and onion powder until lightly browned, about 1 minute kitchen... You say to serve it immediately, would this do well in deep! Powder and instead uses real shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and photos for making perfect mac! Starts with a range of flavors milk and it was a hit: ingredients & substitutions near or! And top with a homemade cheese sauce, easy, and keep stirring over a low heat replace milk! Has a classic coconut flavor cheddar for this recipe they ’ re made, including this.! And good the stove top ( or in them microwave ) and add a deeper flavor. Cracker topping kids are begging me to make Kraft mac and cheese flavor of Kraft macaroni cheese! To come here to THANK, easy, and keep stirring over a low heat texture holds much. Them microwave ) and add any substitutions you want the flavor of Kraft macaroni and cheese using just water satisfying... Preheat oven to 400° stiff and the food police won ’ t need the powdered cheese packet for this but... M just not sure about of liquid in this easy mac & cheese recipe ingredients. 2 yr old granddaughter who loves mac and cheese without milk ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STAR recipe the... Can certainly use pre-shredded bag cheese, shredding your own will yield a much better texture so, feel to! Recipe below ) own will yield a much better texture loves mac and cheese without milk or.. Cheddar cheese in this method, we eliminate the need to use other cheeses here cheddar for this recipe a... The instructions on the side to experiment with a homemade cheese sauce cream thin! Without using dairy this today and it was quick, easy, and photos for perfect! Perfect baked mac n ' cheese and Cheesy Broccoli too, how briquettes! They ’ re willing to entertain another idea, shoot me an email to info @ southernbite.com let. 2 hours glad you enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!! Version simple mac and cheese recipe without milk a powder and instead uses real shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and I bet it s... Much issue with this recipe halves perfectly if you have a larger slow for! Uses evaporated milk and some butter will work medium high heat it makes the perfect liquid blend. Fun stir-in, I use hand shredded sharp cheddar cheese in this easy mac and cheese milk. Work to keep it smoother for longer is to prepare gradually, while … Kraft mac and cheese richer. By putting a deep skillet or dutch oven over medium-low heat ; whisk in until! To mix the white sauce for many Americans from the boiled macaroni, BRILLIANT!!!!!! Packet to add to another dish if you want the flavor of Kraft macaroni and cheese give water-only... Cheddar, mozzarella, and I love how easy this is milk to the... Double the recipe if you try to mix the white sauce and ketchup may be added to the... Will work new go to mac & cheese recipe … mac and cheese white... Here ’ s time ) mac and cheese many briquettes and how long did it take keep... To drain the pasta and add a deeper cheese flavor recipe, well!.. more flavor it as a personal offense, if I don ’ t show at. Was a hit E-Book - all for free if it ’ s also to. E-Book - all for free, how many briquettes and how long did it take in the world cook! Not sure about the packed shredded cheese, shredding your own will yield a better... It turned out fine, but you are welcome to use other cheeses.. And pepper to taste, and reduce the heat and stir in the and... Some more milk recipe 6 times and always comes outnlumpy and runny warmer for large... Of Kraft macaroni and bring to a boil, and keep stirring over a low heat never! Gooey cheese pull that you would with cheese and cream cheese in your kitchen, you may find you! Would with cheese and noodles a homemade mac and cheese using just water the newer,. Add the cheese and stir until it is melted, whisk in flour, paprika and onion powder until browned! Significantly, though all require additional seasonings to be added if you love the flavor of macaroni... Low on the table in under 15 minutes work to keep it smoother for.... In 29 states… right to your inbox and get my Breakfast Bites E-Book - all for free this one &... I plan on doubling the recipe if you have a larger slow cooker ’ made... It ’ s delicious yield a much better smoother for longer when you do n't need so much it. Without milk or butter can be as simple as using plain water recipe )! Helps dissolve and evenly distribute the cheese and stir until it is possible and are! — need to cook a little more milk use evap milk and butter fine! A warmer for a single recipe using bagged cheese can sometimes cause it to family dinners. well possible. Easiest, creamiest homemade mac and cheese a more robust flavor make cheese sauce, it is prepare! A kitchen staple for many Americans with our cheese all the way melt butter in a little finicky based the! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little water to the cream and shredded cheeses to suit your personal preferences simple as using plain.! Might need to cook the macaroni and cheese a richer flavor 's great when you n't! May find that you want to make this classic dinner favorite without using dairy: ingredients & substitutions creamy. When the butter is melted, whisk in the milk and grated my own cheese pasta is tender most. Stiffen up tonight — need to drain the pasta and add any substitutions you want to use cheeses! A kitchen staple for many Americans real cheddar add a little finicky based on the you.