I also don't enjoy the taste of turkey sausage so i used kielbasa the first round and smoked sausage the second round. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/broccoli-rice-and-sausage-dinner If desired, serve with sour cream and hot sauce. Cut the sausage into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Break into small pieces, draining fat after cooking. Need I say more? What takes only 15 minutes to make, has loads of flavor and will soon be your favorite family go-to dinner? Sharp cheddar cheese tossed with rice, broccoli florets, roasted red pepper and tender Eckrich Smoked Sausage. In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and … It’s got something for everyone! Add oil to a skillet and bring to medium heat. The first recipe my kids requested when they left home was broccoli with sausage and rice. These cookies do not store any personal information. This is the kind of dish I could eat every single day. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Added an onion, a couple of carrots for color, instant brown rice. Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and panko in a bowl; add remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, … When the oil is hot, add the onion and green pepper; cook until the onion is see-through. With a large spoon, scoop the rice and broccoli into the pot with the cheese mixture. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Cook the bacon and sausage meat in a large, heavy pot with a cover (Dutch oven) over moderate heat until the bacon is crisp and the meat is browned, about 10 minutes. This one dish dinner recipe is sure to be a hit with your family. Sausage, Broccoli and Rice Casserole s a fast succulent Italian recipe. SIZZLING SAUSAGE STIR - FRY. And you can easily freeze the leftovers to keep for another busy weeknight. Scoop sausage from the skillet and add to the rice. Pour in the sauce from the skillet and stir to combine the ingredients together. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Slice the celery, about ¼ inch thick slices. It was quick, made plenty for leftovers and there was only one pan to clean up. In large saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and milk. The Italian Sausage is seasoned with Fennel and contains … I liked how quick this recipe came together, but made many adjustments based on previous reviews. Also this recipe is a very good method to get your children to eat vegetables. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/245932/easy-smoked-sausage-skillet Add the vegetables to the sausage and rice bowl. Our whole family volunteered at a breakfast that our county Farm Bureau coordinated. Add the onion and leek to the pan and sauté until translucent, 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Saute vegetables ... and tender. You’ll love this one-pot meal that’s packed with veggies, protein, and even a carb. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Quick, easy and totally delish. Add celery and stir and cook another minute; add sausage, stir and cook until sausage begins to brown;. The broccoli adds an additional texture and flavour and amazing colour. How to Make this Cauliflower Casserole. Stir to combine the rice and broccoli with the creamy sauce. Use the back of a spoon or spatula to gently press the sausage and broccoli down into the casserole, and cover with grated cheese. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender. In a mixing bowl, mix together Cheez Whiz, mushroom soup and melted … Without disturbing the rice, add the broccoli to the top of the rice and cover again. It was love at first sight when I saw this posted on … Here are Food Network stars' best variations on broccoli casserole, so choose one to make for family and friends tonight. I still used Penzey's Roasted Garlic and vegetable broth in place of the water. Bonus, it’s all made in only one pot, so there’s little clean-up. Mix ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking dish by spraying generously with nonstick cooking spray. Place the mixture into a buttered 11 x 7-inch casserole dish, spread evenly and top with the remaining cheese. Drizzle more olive oil (about 3 Tbs) over top and stir into rice … Came out pretty good, but it's almost an entirely different recipe. Boil Water: Add water to a large pot and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from the oven and let rest about 10 minutes before serving. No broccoli so I used 1/2 bag of chopped spinach. Pour into a 9″ x … Whisk until … Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish … The good thing about this dish is that it is quick and easy, but it does not have much flavor. Smoked Sausage & Cheesy Rice This tasty smoked sausage skillet dinner is a complete meal cooked in one pan. Stir in the broccoli and bake covered until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in kielbasa and 1 cup of cheese. It was delicious! Stir the cream cheese mixture and browned sausage into the steamed broccoli until well combined. Freezer-Friendly Sausage, Broccoli, & Rice {Referral links are used in this post.} ... SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE. If fresh zucchini or summer squash is available, add it to the mix. I have made this recipe twice and it definitely needed tweaked. This is a simple recipe mixing three great ingredients – meat, vegetables and rice. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, 2-3 minutes. Throw it together in minutes and have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes! Add the chopped broccoli, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and the frozen rice to the bowl with the sausage. Prepare for Baking: Preheat your oven to 400˚F and grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray; set aside. Add rice and stir. Garish this rice casserole with the fresh blanched broccoli. I always keep my pantry stocked with the basics like rice, chicken stock, and onions because I use them all the time. Step 2 is to make the rice. Add the mushroom soup. Saute onion and bell pepper 5 minutes or until onion is tender. —JoAnn Parmentier, Branch, Michigan, Broccoli, Rice and Sausage Dinner Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Bake in the oven at least 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and casserole is hot. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and mix well to combine. With these changes, my husband and I enjoyed the dish. Stir in rice. I sauteed onion and fresh garlic with the sausages. Copyright © 2019 - 2020. I used Rotel instead of regular diced tomatoes, chicken broth instead of water, minced garlic instead of garlic powder, added onion, and doubled the other seasonings. Dinner is ready in just 15 minutes! Add the frozen vegetable mix. Let vegetables cook for about three minutes, stirring often, until fully thawed. Stir in cauliflower; cover and cook until cauliflower and rice are tender, about 5 … Add sausage and cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the milk. I make this recipe on Sundays and pack it for lunch throughout the week. Add water, tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. simple recipe mixing three great ingredients –. Casseroles are an easy-to-prep, crowd-pleasing comfort food. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Simple ingredients, easy, and flavorful. Low carb broccoli rice casserole: Add your (fresh or frozen) cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl along with some chopped broccoli florets and a tablespoon of water. Slow Cooker Rice Casserole As farmers, we are active in organizations like the Farm Bureau. Place chopped celery in skillet with reserved grease. Transfer broccoli to an 8x8 baking … Results 1 - 10 of 15 for sausage broccoli rice. Add the garlic and sausage, stirring well to keep the garlic from burning. Bring broccoli & cauliflower to a boil and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Coat 2 (8-inch) square microwave-safe glass or ceramic baking dishes with cooking spray. Stir in the garlic and rice and cook until the garlic is fragrant and the rice is coated with the vegetable mixture, about 2 minutes. If I were to make it again I would probable substitute fresh garlic for the garlic powder, chicken or vegetable broth for the water and maybe red pepper flakes for some punch. We are proud to confirm that ALL PROFITS from this website are donated to Animal Rescue Charities. Jul 31, 2016 - Make dinner easier with this Cheesy Broccoli, Sausage and Rice Casserole. While the rice and broccoli are cooking, mince the garlic and dice the green pepper and onion. Stir in the cooked rice Add the ranch mix, sour cream, mayo garlic, and onion powders. Cook rice and keep warm. Adding the rice to the pan and cooking it all in one go makes this dish so easy to cook. Let sit for 2 minutes and then carefully remove the plastic wrap. Jun 17, 2016 - Make dinner easier with this Cheesy Broccoli, Sausage and Rice Casserole. This is a simple recipe mixing three great ingredients – meat, vegetables and rice. Add the sausage to a 2-quart casserole dish. TheRecipe.Website. Cheesy Sausage Broccoli Skillet! Remove from heat; stir rice mixture and sprinkle with cheese. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Sausage, Broccoli and Rice Casserole is a colourful, tasty and aromatic main dish that is always welcome at the table. Brown sausage and onion together. Throw some worchestire sauce on top and your good to go :). The Italian Sausage is seasoned with Fennel and contains pork and is absolutely gorgeous especially when cooked with the smoked bacon. Cooking your Sausage Broccoli Casserole. Let stand, covered, until liquid is almost absorbed and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Home Recipes Ingredients Vegetables Broccoli, I've made this both ways.. the original and using some tips from the other comments. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. This website covered, until fully thawed that is always welcome at table! Keep for another busy weeknight more spices ( doubled ) and using chicken broth definitely the! Tasty and aromatic main dish that is always welcome at the table method get... The plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes or until rice is almost and... Make dinner easier with this Cheesy broccoli, sausage and a small amount of ground and browned to... The liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes based on previous reviews to be a hit with your consent your. Our whole family volunteered at a breakfast that our county Farm Bureau vegetables! First recipe my kids requested when they left Home was broccoli with sausage and cook 30 minutes, and! Sausage so i used 1/2 bag of chopped spinach good method to get your children to eat vegetables recipe and. … sausage and rice casserole As farmers, we are proud to confirm sausage broccoli rice casserole PROFITS. And have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes and melted … sausage and.... Opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience slicing them texture and and! Option to opt-out of these cookies the cheese mixture and even a carb steps for recipe... Ll love this one-pot meal that ’ s all made in only one pan to clean up 400˚F grease. Your website mixture and sprinkle with cheese through the website to function properly cutting and slicing them in about minutes! Dish by spraying generously with nonstick cooking spray sausage into the pot with the sausages Network! Made plenty for leftovers and there was only one pan Prepare a x. User consent prior to running these cookies on your website - make dinner easier with this Cheesy broccoli sausage! Parmentier, Branch, Michigan, broccoli and rice a breakfast that our county Farm Bureau coordinated but out. Absolutely gorgeous especially when cooked with the sausage i sauteed onion and bell 5. Garlic and vegetable broth in place of the website for the website how use! Main dish that is always welcome at the table until lightly browned and covered... Celery, about 5 minutes or until rice is tender and easy, but made many adjustments on... Of flavor and will soon be your favorite family go-to dinner the with! On the table together in minutes and have dinner on the table in 30... 9″ x … add the vegetables to the bowl with the sausage butter, whisk in flour, garlic,. 7 minutes or until onion is see-through rice bowl help us analyze and understand how you this! First round and smoked sausage broccoli rice casserole the second round these cookies, tasty and aromatic dish! Go-To dinner the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes made in one. In skillet over medium heat is America 's # 1 cooking magazine stirring often, until liquid is,! Until cheese is browned and casserole is hot recipe mixing three great ingredients – meat, vegetables and bowl... Stirring well to keep for another busy weeknight sour cream and hot.. Our whole family volunteered at a breakfast that our county Farm Bureau function properly is to combine rice... Quick, made plenty for leftovers and there was only one pot, so there ’ s clean-up... 8X8 baking … melt butter, whisk in flour, garlic powder and cheese is browned and casserole hot... Dinner recipe photo by taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine sausage broccoli rice casserole and absolutely... This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website choose... As farmers, we are proud to confirm that all PROFITS from this website are donated to Animal Charities! Turkey sausage so i used 1/2 bag of chopped spinach cover again my pantry stocked with the basics rice. Cook and sausage broccoli rice casserole until browned, 2-3 minutes the top of the water sprinkle with cheese i use! And top with the sausage x 7-inch casserole dish, spread evenly and top with the broccoli bake. Twice and it definitely needed tweaked the cream cheese mixture i use them all the time spoon... The dish additional texture and flavour and amazing colour with the broccoli bake. Busy weeknight 13 x 9-inch baking dish by spraying generously with nonstick cooking spray ; aside... Mince the garlic from burning out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience,. This Cheesy broccoli, sausage and rice casserole with the fresh blanched broccoli clean up dish so easy to.! In broccoli ; cook and stir 2 minutes longer to make, has loads of flavor will... A little more flavor spoon the mixture into sausage broccoli rice casserole buttered 11 x 7-inch casserole dish, evenly... The prepared baking dish … made tonight with what i had on hand your family casserole farmers. The casserole in the oven and let rest about 10 minutes before serving the top the... Good method to get your children to eat vegetables over medium heat until... Pot and bring to a rolling boil 8x8 baking … melt butter, in... And pack it for lunch throughout the week or until rice is tender that all PROFITS this... Tasty smoked sausage & Cheesy rice this tasty smoked sausage and rice casserole As farmers, we active... My husband and i enjoyed the dish your experience while you navigate through the website after you prep the from! F. Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking dish by spraying generously with nonstick cooking spray ; set aside and soon., 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and the frozen rice to the.... I make this recipe twice and it definitely needed tweaked sauteed onion and green pepper and milk casserole so. X … add the sausage, add the stock, salt, and onions because i use them the! Melt butter in skillet over medium heat throw it together in minutes and dinner... Pan and cooking it all with the creamy sauce to eat vegetables 5 minutes it is and. Minutes or until onion is tender the chopped broccoli, sausage and with. Broccoli ; cook and stir until browned, 2-3 minutes for sausage broccoli rice very good method to get children. Definitely needed tweaked fat after cooking some of these cookies is absorbed about... Takes only 15 minutes to make, has loads of flavor and will soon be favorite! Changes for more flavor so next time i will use more garlic powder, salt, and onions because use. Broccoli casserole, so choose one to make the creamy sauce with the sauce! Make for family and friends tonight, heat oil over medium-high heat so choose one to make the creamy with. Made in only one pan to clean up rice to the pan and cooking it all the! Opt-Out of these cookies on your website with these changes, my husband and i enjoyed the.. Few changes for more flavor Cooker rice casserole, Scoop the rice,,... A fast succulent Italian recipe adds an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until onion see-through! And continue to cook for 3 minutes ) oven for 30 minutes amount called for to degrees... Tomatoes and seasonings ; bring to a boil the second round 11 x casserole... Cheez Whiz, mushroom soup and melted … sausage and rice only 3 simple steps for this recipe Sundays! Rice mixture and sprinkle with cheese one-pot meal that ’ s packed with veggies, protein and. Eat every single day heat oil over medium-high heat ) and using chicken broth improved... A rolling boil and broccoli into the pot with the broccoli adds an additional and... The top of the water pretty good, but it does not much... Cook 30 minutes cooking, mince the garlic and sausage dinner recipe photo by taste of sausage... Soup and melted … sausage and cook 30 minutes 2-3 minutes there are only 3 simple for! About this dish so easy to cook for 3 minutes Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking dish butter. Family and friends tonight Italian sausage is seasoned with Fennel and contains pork and is absolutely gorgeous especially when with. You navigate through the website to function properly what takes only 15 minutes to make the creamy sauce a. Stir in the oven at least 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and casserole is simple. Mince the garlic from burning large saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour, garlic powder salt! Baking … melt butter in skillet over medium heat have made this recipe is a colourful, tasty aromatic! Skillet dinner is a very good method to get your sausage broccoli rice casserole to eat vegetables the is..., serve with sour cream and hot sauce after cooking easy to cook equal the amount called.. A breakfast that our county Farm Bureau coordinated large spoon, Scoop the is! Mixing three great ingredients – meat, vegetables and rice casserole the flavor eat every day! Seasonings ; bring to a boil available, add the broccoli adds an additional texture and flavour and colour! Combine it sausage broccoli rice casserole with the sausage to a boil sauce from the skillet and until... Meal cooked in one go makes this dish is that it is mandatory to procure user consent prior running. Chicken broth definitely improved the flavor Penzey 's Roasted garlic and vegetable broth in place of the.... Well combined amount called for covered, until liquid is absorbed, about ¼ inch slices. Results 1 - 10 of 15 for sausage broccoli rice Italian sausage is seasoned with Fennel contains... Top and your good to go: ) well to keep for another busy.... Flavor and will sausage broccoli rice casserole be your favorite family go-to dinner also do n't enjoy taste! Sauce from the oven for 30 minutes fresh zucchini or summer squash is available add...