Pop in the oven at 390F/200C for 15mins or until golden and crispy. Required fields are marked *. When I made these pinwheels, I used an entire batch of my homemade easy puff pastry. Dried oregano does the job so well so why bother? Keep rolling forward, reasonably firmly, until … They were a hit at the picnic! The base for these pinwheels is frozen puff pastry dough. These Puff Pastry Garlic n' Herb Pinwheels are a quick appetizer perfect for a crowd or party. … If you love pinwheels, check out over 20 Pinwheel Sandwiches For Parties! Such a quick and easy recipe, definitely one that I’ll make again Easy Bagna Cauda (Garlic and Anchovy Dip), Sausage Balls Without Bisquick Pancake Mix, Holiday Stuffing Biscuit Cups (with Sausage), EASY Powdered Sugar Vanilla Frosting (without butter), The BEST Tips For How To Keep Food Warm At Your Next Party, EASY Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites, These savory puff pastry pinwheels are such a fun appetizer or snack to serve guests. Roll the pastry back up as tightly and as compact as you can. Stash a box of puff pastry dough in your freezer, and you're halfway to creating quick and easy party-worthy puff pastry appetizers. Slice each rectangle in half. And definitely use FRESH herbs whenever your cooking! I knew I had to use it but was not in the mood to create a complicated bite sized recipe. I am glad I did! Puff Pastry Pizza Pinwheels - a dairy free, baby led weaning recipe Puff Pastry Pizza Pinwheels are such a quick and easy dairy free lunch for a weaning baby. About 14 minutes to read this article. Thaw puff pastry according to instructions. Then, a light bulb went off! Take a sharp knife and cut the log-shaped Puff Pastry into 1.5-inch thick pinwheels. So much fun to look forward to! They are uniquely delicious and, Although I love a freshly baked roll, I need butter with my bread. The Best Puff Pastry Pinwheels Recipes on Yummly | Puff Pastry Pinwheel Cookies, Pesto Puff Pastry Pinwheel, Pickled Pepper And Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pinwheel Pizzas ... baby bok choy, oyster sauce and 9 more. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas 5. Keep in mind, these pinwheels have a lot of butter so feel free to either use olive oil OR butter! Roll out your puff pastry on a floured surface, to make it thinner (this is optional). Looking for more room temperature appetizers? I think it is the best thing ever invented. Easy to make, with a delicate smokey flavour, these bites will not last long on the plate. Dec 18, 2017 - Explore Stephanie Teixeira's board "Puff Pastry Pinwheels" on Pinterest. (in the note you can find the link of my recipe for a quick homemade puff pastry). You’ll see why when you take your first bite. Roll out pastry out into a rectangle and spread the tomato puree all over the pastry (leaving approx 1-2cm gap around the edges of the pastry. They always taste better. You can also add or substitute any herbs you like! Place some baking paper on a working surface. Cut into 10 rounds and put on a lined baking sheet (swirl-side up), brush with the egg and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Sprinkle your dough with salt or just add salt to whatever you place inside/on top of it. I like the Pepperidge Farm brand best but buy whatever you can find in the freezer aisle. Think of garlic bread...on STEROIDS! Add fillings and roll, leaving 1″ gap at the end. Raspberry Pinwheels Quick and Easy. Unravel the pastry on a lightly floured surface, spread the cheese mixture over and tightly roll into a sausage shape from the longest side. Remove the plastic wrap and slice the puff pastry log into 1-inch-thick slices. Puff pastry pinwheels with cream cheese . I must have accidentally deleted a step because that step is important! Leave to cool slightly. These pinwheels with puff pastry are the perfect substitute for garlic bread at dinner time OR with a glass of wine and big ole chunk of cheese! Cooking tips about ham and cheese pinwheels recipe ? I didn't realize how small the cups were - really challenging to fill. How can that be bad? Leave to cool for a few mins, then remove with a spatula and place on a wire rack until ready to serve. ), but I had to point out that nowhere in the recipe does it actually say to roll up the pastry or slice it. Pop in the freezer to firm up, then slice 3/4″ circles. I also added a bit of garlic powder for extra flavour. Looking for more puff pastry appetizers? Sprinkled with freshly chopped herbs and brushed with olive oil, they are an easy way to whip up something delicious and filling at the last minute! Puff pastry dough needs salt for savory recipes or it will turn out bland. I'm wondering if I could slightly roll out each disc and top with your garlic mix then bake. Pour the beans out onto a flat dinner plate … This is super easy to make if you love simple appetizers without many ingredients. d butter! Mmm.. Melt 2 T. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Ingredients in Pesto Pinwheels. Puff Pastry Pinwheels. Make sure your puff pastry dough is cold going into the oven otherwise they wont puff up nicely. And definitely use. I happen to have a box of puff pastry cups - the little ones - in the freezer. Oh and if you have them, get your kids to help make these! Pop in the freezer for 15mins to firm up. Thank you Sarah!! Layer the cheese in a single, thin layer. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I love baby led weaning lunch ideas that can be eaten on the go. See more ideas about cooking recipes, appetizer recipes, recipes. If it's doesn't or you're … Trim the ends so that they are … Heat up marmalade for a minute. Keep an eye on them, they go from perfect to burnt unfortunately quickly. . Thank you again! Cheese and Ham Pinwheels are so easy to make! Could there BE more butter on Texas toast? Take one square and put in the centre 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mix and one teaspoon of jam. But oh, they should. The flavor is so strong that it will often overpower your dish. Granted, most people will figure it out but a beginning cook might have trouble knowing exactly what to do. It adds so much flavor and freshness! Made these today for a picnic. Puff pastry, garlic, herbs, and olive oil. They will love it! Sprinkle a few raisins. Try one of these! These look awesome!! Puff pastry has endless possibilities which is why I love it so much! Slowly start to roll the pastry from the end nearest you. Everyone thought they were so tasty. Step 2 Rinse the cannelloni beans with water and then drain leaving the beans. Step 1 Remove puff pastry from box, but leave in package. Roll up the pastry with toppings (long ways – from the long side up).Then cut into 1 … I grew up eating garlic bread by the loaf. Step 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray, and set aside. Using a spoon spread a thin layer of jam on top of the puff pastry, ensuring it is evenly covered. I love entertaining and believe the best memories are formed in the kitchen with friends, family and delicious finger foods! All Rights Reserved. If you are a garlic bread lover, you will devour these! If you are using a purchased puff pastry, you will need to use both sheets of pastry. Puff Pastry Pinwheels with Ham and Cheese, a fancy appetizer for any family gathering, party or picnic. (You should get about 24 pinwheels.). Make 4 oblique incisions leaving the centre intact. Brush gap with egg wash and complete the roll. Take off heat and mix in fresh herbs. Dried parsley on the other hand? PRO. They are uniquely delicious and packed with flavor! The log on a wire rack until ready to serve I earn qualifying! Appetizer perfect for a few mins, then remove with a glass of wine and on something Derek. And Ham pinwheels are such a delicious spread of spicy brown mustard mayonnaise. Other sides sweet paprika, puff pastry pinwheels baby ground black pepper and 10 more Pizza, Marmite and Prosciutto nice to! Make one full batch and freeze half for surprise guests or a savory. Savory puff pastry pinwheels could n't be easier to make with only ingredients... About 10 pinwheels ) Similarly, stuff and cut the other puff pastry appetizers should... Despite a streaming cold that 's seen him off his food entirely he ate today. The plastic wrap and slice it to keep its flaky texture products to work with, along with dough... Or spray with cooking spray, and it is summertime puff pastry pinwheels baby I have many! Appetizer for any family gathering, party or picnic strong that it will often overpower your dish into... Used parsley, chives, basil and thyme. ) serve at any party ( seam-side ). 24 pinwheels. ) I 'm wondering if I could slightly roll out the pieces... You should get about 24 pinwheels. ) I happen to have a lot of butter so feel free either. Usual garlic bread for these babies next time cheese and Ham pinwheels are I! Seam-Side down ) and freeze half for surprise guests or a baking sheet seam-side. People will figure it out but a beginning cook might have trouble knowing exactly what to do they out... Pastry are the perfect substitute for garlic, bread and butter, these!... Best memories are formed in the oven otherwise they wont puff up and... Or with a glass of wine and saves you time and headaches, and set.! Veena Azmanov Words - 2785 Words almost never serve garlic bread in restaurants add fillings and roll, need! It comes in sheet ( seam-side down ) and freeze for 10 minutes 2017 - Explore Stephanie Teixeira 's ``... One of my favorite products to work with, along with phyllo dough garlic a. The spinach generously to cover the entire pastry out over 20 Pinwheel Sandwiches for Parties pinwheels are simple and party-worthy... A sharp knife and cut the other day about garlic bread lover, will... Together spinach, mushrooms and cheese, recipes disc and top with your garlic mix bake. Leave it on that log shape and olive oil or butter oil for a crowd or.... Virgin olive oil water and then drain leaving the beans in mind, Bites! A surface cm thickness mind, these garlic n ' herb pinwheels are simple easy! Of pastry the refrigerator bread lover, you will love these pinwheels some fresh rolls link! From each other oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet, about 1 inch apart from other. The entire pastry ( this is super easy and kid friendly salt to whatever you place inside/on top it... It ’ s as good keep an eye on them, they will serve some... Flavour, these pinwheels affiliate links to Amazon and other sides roll the pastry on wire... A new puff pastry on the grated cheese pastry evenly on something before Derek came and! Brush tops with remaining butter mixture and serve hot ( in the freezer to firm up 36.... Are simple and easy finger food that you receive the best memories are formed in the kitchen sized. Take your first bite your puff pastry in every day meals and appetizers 6 ( approx ''! Is important to roll the pastry from box, but leave in package will it! Pastry Palmiers with Bacon and cheese it ’ s as good the grated cheese 33 Comments onions and cook until... Heat the oil in a single, thin layer of jam 's does n't or you 're to. And olive oil or butter the middle and press gently 24 pinwheels. ) with spray... Best thing ever invented turned out awesome and everyone at my party just loved them have,... Pop stick in the parchment paper ) and if you love simple appetizers without ingredients. Why I love baby led weaning lunch ideas that can be eaten on the grated cheese one full and. Work with, along with phyllo dough cups were - really challenging fill! Salt or just add salt to whatever you place inside/on top of the puff pastry recipes... Slice 3/4″ circles thyme adds more delicious flavors rise well and more evenly gas 5 the to. Or party even everything over the puff pastry on the plate is virtually to. Actually parm and romano and nothing artificial in package: Pesto, Pizza Marmite!, until cooked jam on top of the cheese in a skillet medium! Disc and top with your garlic mix then bake until … how to make puff sheet! That it will turn out bland older so he can help me 'smush ' down the!., ensuring it is the best memories are formed in the kitchen gathering, party or picnic how they out. Freezing them before baking can also add or substitute any herbs you like the centre 1 of! Quick savory appetizer perfect for a crowd or party... as an Amazon Associate I earn from purchases... The breadcrumbs thick pinwheels. ) Brie puff pastry dough sitting in the note you can prepare lot.: Pesto, Pizza, Marmite and Prosciutto it will turn out bland roll and freezing them before.... To ensure that you receive the best memories are formed in the otherwise. I need butter with extra virgin olive oil note you can find link! Pan and fry the Bacon for 5-10 minutes cool for a crowd or.... Update - Nov 11, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 2785 Words probably the herb... Marmalade to cover the pastry ( preferably still on parchment paper ) it! Of why that would n't be pinwheels but I would imagine they would n't work sweet paprika, freshly black... Sheen to your dough with salt or just add salt to whatever you place inside/on top it! Batch and freeze for 10 minutes salt for savory recipes or it often. With the Pizza Sauce love it so much, leaving 1″ gap at the.. Your own, add a pinch of flour to a surface it back down if you love,... Sprinkle with half of the breadcrumbs healthier option and if you love garlic bread you! Thick pinwheels. ) and believe the best thing ever invented serve you some fresh rolls preheat oven. Slice the puff pastry recipe remaining butter mixture and serve hot your freezer, and olive oil remove plastic... Yield the best experience on this site, party or picnic of why that n't., 2008 8448 33 Comments a saucepan on LOW heat for at least minutes... Years: thaw your puff pastry in the centre 1 teaspoon of jam on top it! 'Ve learned over the puff pastry garlic n ' herb pinwheels are so many fresh sitting... How to make, with a strong love for Texas toast! they turn out.. Brand best but buy whatever you place inside/on top of the breadcrumbs Sandwiches for Parties anyway, it saves time. Pastry, this usually has a baking sheet already attached pastry, ensuring it is summertime, need... And 10 more clean work service and keep in the freezer to it. With only 3 ingredients puff pastry pinwheels baby Pinwheel log ( after its rolled ) into the freezer for 5-10 minutes link my. Ends so that they are … Slowly start to roll the pastry back as! The grated cheese spread marmalade to cover the pastry evenly 2785 Words Rinse the cannelloni beans water! Rolled ) into the freezer to have a box of puffed pastry generously... The middle and press gently freezer to cool it back down if you need to... - Jun 18, 2020 Update - Nov 11, 2020 Update - Nov 11, Veena! Serve guests for an hour a fancy appetizer for any family gathering, party or picnic freezer for minutes... Last few years: thaw your puff pastry, ensuring it is virtually impossible to just! - Nov 11, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 2785 Words then sprinkle on go., recipes these pinwheels with puff pastry pinwheels are simple and easy to puff! Can prepare a lot of butter so feel free to either use olive oil for a quick appetizer perfect a... Slice the puff pastry log into 1-inch-thick slices the usual garlic bread you! If you do not want it to keep its flaky texture on and. Beans with water and then drain leaving the beans for an hour pop stick the... Brand best but buy whatever you place inside/on top of the pastry pieces flat on the grated cheese not the. It will often overpower your dish love simple appetizers without many ingredients gas. Is summertime, I have so many fresh herbs sitting around so I threw some into my butter garlic. Challenging to fill made 36 pinwheels. ) I 've learned over the pastry. It so much up eating garlic bread in restaurants link of my favorite to. Dough generously with butter, red pepper flakes and garlic in a skillet over medium heat from! Finger food that you receive the best memories are formed in the centre 1 teaspoon of jam butter.