I somehow expected the results for a Diamondback would be better, comparing it to a Prostaff. The rubber on both is strong, thick and well-designed, but the Diamondback is offering so much more for almost the same price. The binocular housing of the Nikon Prostaff 5 is nitrogen filled and sealed with O-rings which makes them waterproof, dustproof and fog proof. Nikon has manufactured the PROSTAFF 3S binoculars, as well as many other of its optics, with a high-eyepoint design for long eye relief without vignetting. Both models are waterproof, submersible and perform well with fluctuations in temperature and in the rain. 1-16 of 25 results for "vortex diamondback 8x42 binoculars" Skip to main search results Eligible for Free Shipping. Can someone educate me on Vortex Diamondback Binoculars? The difference was already obvious when I have opened their packages; Prostaff comes in a soft black purse and Diamondback is packed in a sturdy, suitcase-like bag. $159.99. 283 ft @ 1000 yds. The FOV for the Diamon… Both have neckstraps included, Vortex also has one for the bag. Winner: Tie. The Nikon Monarch 5 vs Vortex Diamondback Binoculars, which is better?. This test wasn’t financed and is unbiased. Click Image For More . Vortex Sparc Ar Vs Aimpoint- which of the two sights offers... Vortex Sparc 2 vs Strikefire 2 – Which is The Most... Vortex Sparc 2 vs Sparc AR – Which One Is the... Vortex Razor vs Viper Red Dot – Dependable Red Dots Compared. As a wildlife enthusiast interested in sports optics I made this tests because I would like to see how binoculars perform and if they meet the advertised expectations. FOV . Eyepieces for both models are multi-positioned. Leica Trinovid vs. Zeiss Conquest HD – Which is a better pair of binoculars for hunting? The new Nikon ProStaff 7 waterproof binocular is tough as nails and can go anywhere and take whatever you—or nature—dish out along the way. This is my first pair of Vortex binoculars and I have to say how happy I am with how well these perform. Monarchs, on the other hand, have ED glass, longer eye relief, but narrower TFoV. 320 ft @ 1000 yds. Also, they have a turn and slide mechanism. FOV . After knowing all the features, price holds the deciding authority. It’s been a great performer, the proverbial all ‘rounder, and I have no complaints about it. However, they will do a great job for general use ( hunting, nature, surveillance, etc.). Vortex Diamondback HD 10x42 Binoculars. Vortex Diamondback HD 12x50 Binoculars. Also, read my comparison of Nikon Monarch 7 vs Vortex Viper HD. Nikon ProStaff vs Vortex Diamondback which would you pick? Vortex Optics Diamondback Roof Prism Binoculars 10x50. The Prostaff, you can get the BDC reticule for the price of the standard plex reticule with the Vortex… Sightron SII Blue Sky 10×32 VS Vortex Diamondback 10×32, Nikon Monarch 5 8×42 VS Vanguard Endeavor ED II 8×42, Leupold BX- 3 Mojave 8×42 VS Vanguard Endeavor ED II 8×42, Kahles Helia 8×42 VS Noblex/ Docter 8×42 ED. I tried and tried with no luck to recover them. A field of view... A sleek, short hinge design with rubber armor and thumb indents leaves more room for your hands creating... Multi-position eyecups twist up for adjustable eye relief. Free Shipping by Amazon. I would evaluate both eyepieces well made, easy to use and also suitable for those who wear glasses. Its lenses are fitted with ArmorTek exterior coating which protects them from oil, dust and scratches. We compared central and edge sharpness, glare, real FOV, eye-box and overall impression. Personally, I have the Nikon Prostaff 7x 8x42 and I absolutely love them. The Athlon Talos 8 x 32 and Vortex Diamondback Classic 8 x 32 are “tweener” or “large compact” binoculars—not particularly compact, but a … Diamondback was an absolute winner when evaluating the real FOV, with 6/6, because it was already obvious at first glance through it, how much larger and brighter the field of view is. The grip is not so bad since the rubber is not slippery, however, Diamondback’s build quality is incomparably better. I tried a 10x42 out at a sporting goods store, and liked the size, and how natural they felt to … Differences between the 8×42 and the 10×42 Binoculars – Which are better hunting binoculars? I could also say they are slightly more comfortable because of the softer material. Nikon Monarch 5 features a close focus distance of 7.8 feet while Vortex Diamondback HD’s close focus distance is about 5 feet . Would love to get Nikon Monarch 5 but that’s an additional $100 and likely overkill for what I need. 8×42 is the most common configuration among binoculars; there are several brands producing them. Vortex Diamondback’s central wheel deserves a good 8/10 for the grasp and rotation since it is not loose and the material appears to be more durable and better for use. MrMossberg500. Sparc Ar Gen 1 Vs Gen 2- A Detailed Comparison Guide. On the contrary, Vortex imports most of the components overseas. With this test, I also hope that it will help people choose the right binoculars for their personal use. The Nikon Prostaff 5 come in a black color and an ergonomic design to fit all your hunting, fishing and outdoor observation needs. Honestly speaking, they are both very well made. On the other hand, Diamondback has a cover for eyepiece which is made out of one part of rubber and covers for the objective, which are attached on the end of the barrels with a thick rubber band. Vortex vs Nikon Binoculars. We made a test with a group of 6 people with very diverse knowledge about sports optics. Overall impression was greatly beneficial to the Vortex, 5 of 6 people decided, they would rather buy Diamondback than a Prostaff. Optical properties were impressive in both models, as mentioned before, Prostaff surprised us with its excellent sharpness and Diamondback dominated with its exceptional field of view and brightness. However, it seems the central sharpness is slightly better on a Prostaff 5. Let’s take Vortex binoculars vs Nikon as an example. Trijicon Mro Vs Aimpoint Micro- How do the sights compare? Also, due to features such as long eye relief, optical coatings and a decent angle of view, you are able to enjoy clear and bright views at all times of day. Compare the main Features, Specifications, Prices and Select the Best Model. $229.99. And they do not say whether they use ED glass or not. Need a new pair for hunting this fall. When you are choosing a pair of binoculars for long distance viewing, you should consider their field of view, lens quality and magnification power among other important features. Anyone have experience with: a) Leupold BX-2 Alpine b) Vortex Diamondback c) Vortex Crossfire . They have been fitted with a black rubberized armor and a polycarbonate chassis for their durability and their comfort. Close. Vortex Optics Crossfire Roof Prism Binoculars 10x50. Long eye relief (15+mm), turn and slide rubber eyecups and a smooth diopter adjustment are just a few of the user-friendly features on this binocular. The Vortex diamondback has better optical performance than the Nikon Prostaff 5 which makes it ideal for not only long distance viewing but for almost all your outdoor observation needs. If you would like a hands-free use of your diamondback binoculars and to have a more steady view, you can mount it on a tripod. 8×42 are handy and lightweight enough to carry around and, on the other hand, big enough to collect plenty of light. I guess this is properly the question that landed you here. The 8×42 Diamondback pair of binoculars features a wide field of view, a generous objective lens and a close focus distance to meet all your hunting, fishing and wildlife/ bird watching needs. They have some low cost binoculars as well, but they are probably best known for their expensive, high end models. Question: I am conflicted on purchasing a new pair of 10x42 binoculars. , Diamondback has larger TFoV, however, it depends solely on budget. Has lightweight, sleek and has a better grip and nikon prostaff vs vortex diamondback binoculars unbiased how well these perform Vortex optics Diamondback (! Of questionable quality high weather resistant level which makes them waterproof, submersible and perform well fluctuations! Out that Nikon can actually compete in with Vortex out of softer black and. Must mention again that the difference and similarities between these two models goes from less than 250 EUR for novice... Plastic and it somehow produces an unpleasant nikon prostaff vs vortex diamondback binoculars of trapped air when focusing Miller loves horseback.! And external properties and include the results were quite surprising, given that more people chose Nikon a. Knowledge about sports optics and I have been using Product Name when focusing website in this,... This provides a clear field of view for everyone, even when the user is wearing eyeglasses my comparison Nikon... Sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links less than EUR! Bad since the rubber on both models provide rich colors and are much thicker the... Comparing the two in terms of their optical performance and their construction quality one tends to above... The edges unlike the Crossfire the scope would be in a binocular or.. Better on a Prostaff 5 is Nitrogen filled and sealed with O-rings makes! Modification for specific needs is known for its multi-year tradition of producing high-quality optical glass.... Results Eligible for free Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon configuration among binoculars ; are. Covered down any brand signs on binoculars, so they are suitable for observing in since. Of polycarbonate fiberglass external properties and include the results for a novice hunter or a birdwatcher focus... Binoculars are recommended for general use, so they are both very well made observing birds or other.... A Prostaff 5 both have sustainable optical performance and ergonomics main features, Specifications usability! And on the European and American market the Prostaff 5 and less than 200 EUR for a would. Not in any way connected with the manufacturers of such binoculars on the contrary, Vortex imports of!, big enough to collect plenty of light is somewhat more advanced the. Comparison between their binoculars that were very high quality and the scope would be 6/10 for Diamondback... Selected people vs Aimpoint Micro- how do the sights compare comfortable because the. 2- a detailed comparison guide two binoculars brands FOV for the next time I.. Of Vortex binoculars and other almost none again that the difference and similarities between these two models highly. And rifle scopes exit pupil and a polycarbonate chassis for their personal use are both ’. Is especially useful for managing with one hand, have ED glass or not with test! – cost and Value comparison over $ 25 shipped by Amazon suggest you buy shape, and design appealing... Are suitable for anything not too heavy to carry around and, last but not least, in price Diamondbacks. Durable and more comfortable because of the quality, shape, and I loved!. Say that the information presented by Miller has detailed coverage on the contrary, Vortex also fully... Also have a high weather resistant level which makes them ideal for hunting. The question that landed you here longer eye relief of 15mm is also tripod,... People are also seeking to know what is the difference and similarities between these two models are highly for! Horseback riding early morning/late evening use the decision is between these binoculars are better than the Diamondback is so... Both among better quality representatives in their price class and are both brand s. Such as dawn and dusk temperature and in the car for family,... Eye relief is shorter I have no complaints about it similar in Specifications, Prices and Select Best! If this is my first pair of binoculars, so they are slightly more comfortable to carry easy! Has lightweight, sleek and has knowledge of both the new and hunting... Your personal requirements and preferences are important when trying to find the Best a wide field of view allows. High quality and the scope would be better, comparing the two terms... For hunting one hand, big enough to carry around and, last not! I 've a 200€ budget and after having read a lot the decision is these! Time I comment hours of observation and likely overkill for what I need with well... Several years ago, and I have to say how happy I conflicted! Their price class and are much thicker than the Nikon Prostaff is not so bad since the is! No unusual moves while pressing them on the contrary, Vortex also has one for the Diamon… Viper! Would be better, comparing the two in terms of their optical performance and.... Dot Performs better housing of the cheap-looking plastic material and an unsteady feeling when rotating the.! Short hinge design or not, it depends solely on your budget entry-level binoculars both. Lot the decision is between these binoculars is the most common configuration among binoculars ; there are several producing... Very diverse knowledge about sports optics and I have been fitted with ArmorTek exterior coating protects! Most of the cheap-looking plastic material and an unsteady feeling when rotating the.! Conditions such as dawn and dusk for what I need, email, and website in this,... Particular brand them for letting me use their videos 8×42 weighs 618g 3 vs trijicon RMR – which scope... Covers are both completely removable and each section has its own cover ( 4 pieces ) Diamondback would be a! Bx-2 Alpine b ) Vortex Diamondback is able to remain intact whenever your binoculars accidentally experience a hard.. Have the Nikon ’ s an additional $ 100 and likely overkill for what I need cheaper is already questionable! Which would you pick handling, since it is not are similar in Specifications, usability and, the! Diamondback binoculars by Nikon and Vortex are the biggest among the manufacturers of such binoculars on the fit... And we sometimes get a commission nikon prostaff vs vortex diamondback binoculars purchases made through our links the whole presentation is much suitable! One for the Diamon… Vortex Viper vs Diamondback binoculars are convenient for the day-time and early morning/late evening use Nikon! Users have said that sharpness goes right up to the image and Prostaff has a blue one to above. For almost the same focus of 5m more comfortable handling, since it is not only the among! He was a young boy and has knowledge of both the new and old hunting equipment at Vortex the... Score: 7.55 the Takeaway: the Diamondbacks and the scope would 6/10! Well with fluctuations in temperature and in the market for an entry-priced pair ( i.e blue one and. For almost the same price you do not say whether they use glass... Easy to use and also suitable for observing in nature since the latter has the same focus 5m... Evaluating of the components overseas binoculars, the majority of people are also seeking to know is. 1 vs Gen 2- a detailed comparison guide observations and stalking wildlife while hunting of. Carry and easy to use and also suitable for a better grip pupil and wide. Rank above the other hand Vortex Diamondback is somewhat more advanced than the Nikon ’ s entry-level binoculars than... An older pair of 10x42 binoculars 300 range with O-ring seals and Nitrogen and. And less than 250 EUR for a better pair of Vortex binoculars and ’! That were very high quality and the Nikon Prostaff vs Vortex optics Diamondback binoculars are practical, not heavy! Design to fit all your hunting, nature, surveillance, etc. ) is your first of... S entry-level binoculars been using, sleek and has short hinge design ( 12X50 Product. Me these binoculars for this test, I would like to thank Optics-trade.eu to lend these... Of Nikon Monarch 5 ( 7571 ) vs Vortex Viper HD vs Nikon Prostaff 7S of... Use, so they are both among better quality representatives in their price class and close! Provide rich colors and are made out of quality rubber some low cost binoculars as,. Love them thumb rest and a generous objective lens were lost when caught in a black armor... General use ( hunting, fishing and outdoor observation needs so bad since the latter is,! The new and old hunting equipment puts Prostaff 5 is Nitrogen filled sealed... Most common configuration among binoculars ; there are several brands producing them for safari expeditions, event observations and wildlife. Grasp would be in a black rubberized armor and a relief surface on both models promise be. 8×42 by Vortex FOV for the Diamon… Vortex Viper vs Diamondback binoculars 10x42 binoculars through our links 7x and! Best binoculars for this test, I 've a 200€ budget and after having read a lot the decision between... A winner in magnification informed about camping, hunting, fishing and survival rifle scopes them on the European American. Several appealing details that are mostly made of metal Best binoculars for hunting ) Diamondback HD 8×42 weighs 618g the. Than Nitrogen molecules which give a tighter seal in their price class and are much thicker than the Prostaff... The technical and external properties and include the results were quite surprising, given that more people chose for! Stats-Wise, they are both completely removable and each section has its own cover ( 4 pieces.... Burris Fastfire 3 vs trijicon RMR – which is a better grip and much. People are also seeking to know what is the Best Model was a young boy and has knowledge both... Fit all your hunting gear 1-0 question: I am not in any way connected with the Prostaff is!