Certified Organic and Kosher. What is shoyu? Basically, you can use the fresh soy sauce Nama Shoyu in the same way as usual soy sauce. made from non-GMO soy, and water. Nama Shoyu is made with respect to the same time honored methods using raw ingredients over 400 years ago. Nama Shoyu is also similar in taste and function to: Nama shoyu can be used in the same way that you would use soy sauce. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. In Japanese, “nama” means raw, so nama shoyu is a raw or unpasteurized shoyu sauce. It’s lighter and sweeter in flavor than tamari, with a rich aroma and caramel-like undertones. This bottle really lasts a long time, so it's an investment. This soy sauce is made in Japan with the traditional fermentation process, aged in cedar wood kegs in small batches. It’s best used as a table condiment or dipping sauce. The production process also differs from regular soy sauce. Shoyu Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce 10 oz $3.69: Shoyu Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce 20 oz $5.88: Shoyu Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce - 1.25 Qt. Nama Shoyu (raw, unpasteurized) is a prized ingredient with a long tradition in Japan. Please try again. I re-ordered because the flavor is so much better than anything I've tasted before, without the after taste that I experienced from other products! Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. Aged in stainless steel vats for 2 years. The Ohsawa brand Nama Shoyu, for example, is fermented, or cultured, in the traditional way, in wooden barrels under the sun. A few very strict and pure raw foodists don't consume this nama shoyu because it isn't technically raw. Kishibori Shoyu (Pure Artisan Soy Sauce), Premium Imported Soy, unadulterated and without preservatives, 12.2 fl oz / 360ml 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,738 # 1 Best Seller in Soy Sauce. Generally, Nama Shoyu has a brilliant brown color, a smooth umami, and a mild gentle flavor and aroma, compared to normal soy sauce. How to Use Nama Shoyu. I guess you are supposed to put it into an intermediary vessel, but I don't want to do that. Reviewed in the United States on December 22, 2018. Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2018. Though nama shoyu is actually heated well above the usually raw-allowed 115°F, it is still used by many raw foodists because it maintains the … There's a problem loading this menu right now. This is fermented for over 2 years so yea they cant mass produce it like the crap in the stores. It is made of about 90% wheat and 10% soy beans. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Certified Organic. Blend well. Though the cashews may not be 100% fully raw, the presence of so much living enzymatic activity makes up for it, according to all but the most strict adherents of a raw food or raw vegan diet. How to Use Nama Shoyu. Most soy sauces are heated, or pasteurized, which does effect the flavor and kills many of the good yeasts and natural enzymes. (For a rundown of all the different kinds of soy sauce, check out this complete buying guide.) We do not have any recommendations at this time. It’s lighter and sweeter in flavor than tamari, with a rich aroma and caramel-like undertones. Kikkoman Raw Nama Shoyu. The soy beans are roasted and wheat is steamed (opposite of regular). on Kale salad, or in stuff like guacamole, for the salt flavor. Smoked Shoyu Soy Sauce - 750 ml. It’s best used as a table condiment or dipping sauce. So if you are going to consume it, you should consume fermented soy so your system at least gets help from bacteria that naturally process it. Natural aging in hand-made cedar-wood kegs through at least two summer seasons creates a sauce that is … Total Time: 365 days. 3 product ratings - Kikkoman Shiboritate Nama Shoyu 450ml (Soy Sauce) C $31.14. Shoyu soy sauce is macrobiotic 'tamari' soy sauce. This unique soy sauce is sold in a special airtight container that maintains freshness for up to 90 days after opening. Un-pasteurized and traditional Japanese-style soy sauce. Hand crafted in Aichi, Japan with locally grown ingredients and natural mineral water.Ohsawa Nama Shoyu is fermented, or cultured, in the traditional way, in wooden barrels under the sun. Place the mushroom and salt in the blender with 1/2 cup of the water. Darn near life-changing? Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Synonyms for Nama shoyu in Free Thesaurus. (For a rundown of all the different kinds of soy sauce, check … It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I would give it 5 stars if it were about $10 cheaper. Shoyu, the Japanese word for “soy sauce”, is made in the same way as tamari, only with added wheat. Ohsawa® Organic Nama® Shoyu is the only soy sauce that's fresh and alive! This fermented Japanese soy sauce, shoyu, is made the traditional way by fermenting soybeans and wheat berries. One of the charms of soy sauce is being able to choose a variety according to what sort of cuisine you are making. Is it wrong to call soy sauce amazing? Thus, Shoyu is sold mainly in natural-food stores and has a less-salty full-bodied flavor when compared to commercially produced soy sauces. My hubby and I are really into where our food is coming from and what is in it. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Product of Korea . Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Natural aging in hand-made cedarwood kegs through at least two summer seasons creates … Soy sauce is widely used in Japanese cuisine and serves as a dipping for sushi and sashimi. Tamari sauce is used as a salad dressing or dipping to lend an umami flavour. This unique soy sauce is sold in a special airtight container that maintains freshness for up to 90 days after opening. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. It should technically be written as “shouyu” or “shōyu” but I guess marketers felt that was a confusing way to spell it.Shoyu is one of the most essential ingredients for Japanese flavour, and is used in seemingly 90% of dishes. Traditionally aged in cedarwood kegs through 2 summers. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Other shoyu are heated for preservation purposes. George Ohsawa called this soy sauce 'tamari'. The Only Soy Sauce That’s Fresh and Alive! Naturally low in sodium. It’s also unpasteurized meaning that all of those lovely enzymes and … Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Product of Japan . Ordinarily, naturally brewed soy sauce is pasteurized to intensify color, flavor and aroma. Kikkoman Freshly Pressed Nama-Shoyu In September 2010, Kikkoman began sales of freshly pressed nama-shoyu (raw soy sauce) in Japan. Unpasteurized Soy Sauce. There was a problem completing your request. OHSAWA Organic Wheat Free Tamari Soy Sauce, 32 FZ 4.6 out of 5 stars 112. A bit of sea salt or kosher salt can replace or substitute Nama Shoyu in a pinch, though it won't be quite the same. Delicious!! Ohsawa Genuine Mirin, Organic Sweet Rice Seasoning Wine for Traditional Japanese Cuisine, Aged over 9 Months for Umami … Shoyu is simply the name for the Japanese-style soy sauce, which can be light (usukuchi) or dark (koikuchi). Please try again later. Thus, Shoyu is sold mainly in natural-food stores and has a less-salty full-bodied flavor when compared to commercially produced soy sauces. Makes around 1 gallon. The same goes for foods like fermented cashew cheese. Delicious and NutritiousNama Shoyu is known as Golden Tamari because of its beautiful honey color. Use as an elegant dipping sauce for dumplings and other small bites or pour into soups and cooking water for noodles and grains for a boost of flavor. Perfect for vegan, vegetarian, and raw food diets. From Japan. Kishibori is a type of shoyu—a variety of Japanese soy sauce brewed with roasted wheat. Kishibori is a type of shoyu—a variety of Japanese soy sauce brewed with roasted wheat. The Only Soy Sauce That’s Fresh and Alive! The label boasts "living enzymes and beneficial organisms". It typically contains a mix of soybeans, wheat, water, and salt. Here is some information on nama shoyu, bragg’s liquid aminos, and tamari sauce. It uses organic whole soybeans, mountain spring water, organic whole wheat, sea salt, and aspergillus oryzae. Nama® means RAW! Ohsawa Nama Shoyu, Organic and Aged in 150 Year Cedar Kegs for Extra Flavor - Japanese Soy Sauce, Low - Sodium, Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher - 32 oz 4.6 out of 5 stars 196 $25.99 Ginger Awesome Sauce (recreated from Life Alive’s Ginger Nama Shoyu in Cambridge) Makes 4-6 servings 2 garlic cloves, chopped Properly named "Gold Mine," for the taste, quality, and how it adds depth to recipes. Unlike common soy sauce that is artificially "aged" for months, Ohsawa® Organic Nama® Shoyu uses traditional fermentation methods and a unique "double brew" process. Shoyu is Japanese soy sauce, also made from soybeans and wheat, but the big difference in shoyu vs soy is that the procedure used to make Shoya is a naturally occurring biochemical processes. homemade raw vegan substitute for Nama Shoyu, Dipping sauce (for lettuce wraps or raw nori rolls). Shoyu, the Japanese word for “soy sauce”, is made in the same way as tamari, only with added wheat. Shoyu Sauce Japan: Shoyu is Japanese soy sauce, also made from soybeans and wheat, but the big difference in shoyu vs soy is that the procedure used to make Shoya is a naturally occurring biochemical processes. Tamari has shot to popularity in recent years primarily for its gluten-free characteristic. 4.81 € * 100 ml = 2.41 € In stock Delivery period: 1 – 3 working days (1) Compare. The label boasts "living enzymes and beneficial organisms". $9.99: Kikkoman Hello Kitty Soy Sauce $3.99: Shoyu Kikkoman Soy Sauce 5 oz Dispenser $2.29: Shoyu Kikkoman Soy Sauce - 5 oz $1.95: Shoyu Kikkoman Soy Sauce - Glass 10 oz $2.98 $31.99. Please try again. Then I dehydrate them, to make "Sprouted Tamari Almonds," a favorite among raw foodists. This one is aged for two summers in cedar kegs, which adds to the complex flavor. I actually panic when I see I'm running low, lol! Comparing this to any other typical soy is night and day. In Japanese, nama means raw (or unpasteurized) and shoyu means soy sauce. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Generally, Nama Shoyu has a brilliant brown color, a smooth umami, and a mild gentle flavor and aroma, compared to normal soy sauce. Nama Shoyu (raw, unpasteurized) is a prized ingredient with a long tradition in Japan. Most soy sauces are heated, or pasteurized, which does effect the flavor and kills many of the good yeasts and natural enzymes. I use this in place of Tamari, as well, not sure the difference, but they taste similar to each other. Ingredients: organically grown whole soybeans, mountain spring water, organically grown whole wheat, sea salt. Sempio mild Soysauce for Stir Fry for Kids 200ml. Print Pin Rate. This imparts a distinctly sweeter flavor. This product is currently out of stock and unavailable. There are some who are looking for a soy sauce that is low in salt...by it's very nature this has salt, people!!! You may wish to strain the liquid to remove any mushroom chunks. We make our own sushi at home and this is our primary use for the soy sauce. Author: Tracy Ariza, DDS. The Only Soy Sauce That’s Fresh and Alive Size 148 ml (5 oz), 296 ml (10 oz), 947 ml (32 oz) Source Ohsawa Origin Japan. Saishikomi (doubled-brewed) Nama Shoyu: Saishikomi soy sauce is produced from equal amounts of soybeans and wheat, but twice the amount that is used in regular soy sauce, as it is made from regular (koikuchi) soy sauce instead of water and salt. 5.0 out of 5 stars. When it comes to any soy based product you want your soy beans to be non-GMO then you have to look through the other ingredients and we prefer sea salt to regular sodium chloride because of research we have done. In September 2010, Kikkoman began sales of freshly pressed nama-shoyu(raw soy sauce) in Japan. Ohsawa Nama Shoyu, Organic and Aged in 150 Year Cedar Kegs for Extra Flavor - Japanese Soy Sauce, Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher - 32 oz 4.7 out of 5 stars 382 6 offers from $23.93 Gold Mine Natural Food Co Nama Shoyu, Og, 10-Ounce Though there is some small debate in the raw food community about nama shoyu, most raw foodists will include nama shoyu in their diet as an acceptable product, especially since it is usually consumed in such small quantities. To see if the two could be used interchangeably, we purchased our top-ranked soy sauces (Lee Kum Kee Tabletop Soy Sauce for cooked applications and Ohsawa Nama Shoyu Organic Unpasteurized Soy Sauce if used as a condiment) and compared them to white tamari ($6.20 for 300 ml) from the White Soy Sauce Food Company in California. Family prefers it to supermarket brands. Probably because of fermentation. Therefore, Nama Shoyu is a raw, unpasteurized Japanese-style soy sauce popular among those following a raw and vegan food diet. Naturally brewed and fermented Japanese Shoya sauce and Tamari sauce will begin to taste "off" before chemically processed soy sauces. Shoyu is the Japanese name for soya bean sauce, a dark brown condiment made from soybeans that undergoes a centuries-old fermentation process. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. Though nama shoyu is actually heated well above the usually raw-allowed 115 F, it is still used by many raw foodists because it contains beneficial living enzymes; those following a raw vegan diet will usually consider that the beneficial enzymes counteract the fact that it was heated above the allowed temperature. Please try your search again later. White Shoyu is also known as Golden Tamari because of its beautiful honey color. Net: 200ml. The highly revered Yamaki Company, brewer of Ohsawa® Organic Nama® Shoyu, also makes soy sauce for the Royal Family in Japan. The possibilities are nearly endless! Saltier than we expected but very smooth and with more subtle flavours. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. I use this in all recipes calling for soy sauce. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Best thing I've ever done... Condiment wise. You need to be able to discern the CONTEXT of the statement! My only criticism would be that it needs some kind of a flow meter as it is really hard to dispense direct from the bottle to a plate of food or bowl of rice or some kind of meal. Nama Shoyu is made with respect to the same time honored methods using raw ingredients over 400 years ago. Try it now: Purchase Ohsawa White Nama shoyu sauce . Unpasteurized - Fresh and Alive . In spite of the cost I tried Nama Shoyu because I wanted a product that was natural. Servings: 256 Tablespoon servings. This sauce is derived from wild-caught anchovies from the Phú Quốc island in … Made with mountain spring water. Sauce Aloha Shoyu Soy Sauce 128 Fl Oz (1 Gallon) $17.49: Aloha Soy Sauce Regular $9.99: Aloha Soy Sauce Regular $4.19: Sauce Aloha Shoyu Lower Salt 128 Fl Oz (1 Gallon) $17.49: Aloha Soy Sauce Lower Salt $8.98: Aloha Soy Sauce Lower Salt $4.19: Sauce ABC Kecap Manis Sweet Soy Sauce $4.69: Order on-line using our secure server . Nama shoyu adds a rich depth of umami-like flavor as well as a hearty dose of saltiness. I mean, no I don't think it is. Properly names, appears to be the cream of the crop of Nama Shoyu, raw and properly named, "Gold Mine." BEST ALTERNATIVE TO SOY SAUCE - Enjoy it on sushi, tofu, seafood, vegetables, even on fruit. Nama Shoyu is raw soy sauce. Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu Unpasteurized Soy Sauce. Absolutely wonderful shoyu. I will also say it occurred to me that this would be great on popcorn...it was surprisingly terrible. For those who are gluten-free or simply prefer a fresh, truly raw vegan experience, create a homemade raw vegan substitute for Nama Shoyu. The prevalence of wheat as an ingredient in Japanese soy sauces makes them much sweeter than those from China and less salty than those from Indonesia. Nama Shoyu is basically like a vegan/soy free soy sauce but I’m not into buying ingredients that are expensive/rarely used so I just used Tamari, a gluten free soy sauce I buy at Whole Foods. 1 synonym for soy sauce: soy. Chinese soy sauces tend to be very high in soy beans and low in wheat. Ohsawa Organic Nama Shōyu Unpasterurized Soy Sauce has a great flavor and many nutritional benefits. Free shipping. Organically Grown Soybeans, Mountain Spring Water, Organically Grown Whole Wheat, Sea Salt. Soy sauce or simply "Soy" (American English) (醤油 or しょうゆ in Japanese), also called soya sauce (Canadian English and British English), is an East Asian liquid condiment of Chinese origin, traditionally made from a fermented paste of soybeans, roasted grain, brine, and Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae molds. Korean mild soy sauce by Sempio for Stir Fry. Perhaps it would be in the Asian section of the grocery store, or in an Asian market. It is unpasteurized so it’s enzyme- and lactobacillus-rich, and aged four years in cedar kegs. Kikkoman Shiboritate Nama Shoyu 450ml (Soy Sauce) Brand New. Natural aging in hand-made cedarwood kegs through at least two summer seasons creates … Stir-Fried Beef with Asparagus . Ohsawa’s White Nama Shoyu is particularly special, as its hand-crafted with double the amount of wheat of standard white shoyu to concoct a richer, thicker, more densly-flavored sauce. Therefore it keeps the enzymes out of fermentation, and it’s lower in sodium because the process used to create it entails … But all three do contain soy, which takes us back to the soybean issues. Net: 200ml. When they say "low sodium," they mean COMPARATIVELY low sodium, that is, low compared to other soy sauces! Buy on Amazon. Since, i am staying in Japan for 10 years, i haven't tasted such a fresh Soy sauce like Yamaroku Shoyu. Not eating a fully raw vegan diet and looking for a substitute for nama shoyu? I love this sauce so much. Traditionally, shoyu or soy sauce has been used in the preparation of Japanese dishes like fried rice, sushi or sashimi. Adds depth to recipes, esp. Also, this is a fermented food so there are supposed health benefits to that as well. It is unpasteurized, enzyme- and lactobacillus-rich, and aged two years in cedar kegs. Using double layered bottle keeps freshness for a long time. Buy It Now. Although there are many soy sauce substitutes on the market, we prefer Ohsawa White Nama Shoyu, as it provides a naturally soy-free alternative while still being a Japanese pantry staple worth having even if you don’t need to avoid soy. Naturally brewed nama unpasteurized soy sauce. None of them are really considered raw. The fresh soy sauce is packed with plenty of umami, and when heated, it becomes more fragrant. Best Shoyu: Gold Mine Natural Food Co Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu Buy on Amazon. It has such a refined and flavorful palate; it is truly the champagne of soy sauces! Shoyu is reddish brown in color. Unlike common soy sauce that is artificially "aged" for months, Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu uses traditional fermentation methods and a unique "double brew" process. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Soy sauce is made from soybeans, wheat, and salt. But we all know if it had all these, but tasted horrible this would not be a great product...It taste better than any other soy sauce out there! Unpasteurized soy sauce.Usda organic.We are honored to offer you nature's blessings in the form of food.Why ohsawa organic nama shoyu is called the champagne of soy sauces.In japan, nama means raw or unpasteurized.Ohsawa organic nama shoyu is fresh and alive; it retains living enzymes and beneficial probiotic bacteria Shoyu and Tamari sauces are good for months beyond their best-by dates if kept in a dark place at a constant temperature, and at least a month or more once opened. Is this worth $30? Ohsawa Nama Shoyu, Organic and Aged in 150 Year Cedar Kegs for Extra Flavor - Japanese Soy Sauce, Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher - 32 oz, Certified Organic, GMO Free, Vegetarian, Kosher Certified, Vegan. Here are a few suggestions: Former head chef at a Kauai restaurant and co-author of three cookbooks dedicated to vegan or raw food diets. Its fruity aroma and slightly sweet salty-yet-delicate flavor make it a great dipping and finishing sauce. The possibilities are nearly endless! Tamari is soy-sauce-like product that originated as a by-product of making miso. Bragg Liquid Aminos It adds saltiness, as well as umami to your dishes When it all of a sudden went to $35 I decided to bail. There are many uses for shoyu and the various forms one can find. Unable to add item to List. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. White soy sauce (i.e. Unlike common soy sauce that is artificially "aged" for months, Ohsawa Organic Nama® Shoyu uses traditional fermentation methods and a unique "double brew" process. Also, the soy sauce they are selling are cheap. The highly revered Yamaki Company, brewer of Ohsawa® Organic Nama® Shoyu, also makes soy sauce for the Royal Family in Japan. Ordinarily, naturally brewed soy sauce is pasteurized to intensify color, flavor and aroma. There was a problem adding this item to Cart. Shoyu is just another soy sauce style that is much like Chinese-style ones you are probably knowledgeable about. The presence of the living enzymes seems to supersede the heating that takes place before the culturing process. Here are a few suggestions:MarinadesDipping sauce (for lettuce wraps or raw nori rolls)Raw soup stockSalad dressingsSaucesAs a general condimentIngredients: Organic whole soybeans, mountain spring water, Organic whole wheat, sea salt, and aspergillus oryzae (koji). Basically, you can use the fresh soy sauce Nama Shoyu in the same way as usual soy sauce. When I could get it for $19 that was great. Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu. Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu Description. Nama Shoyu (raw, unpasteurized) is a prized ingredient with a long tradition in Japan. $11.00. Shoyu or soy sauce in English is truly an indispensable food in the Japanese kitchen and indeed many kitchens around the world now. Brand New. I also soak almonds and add a bit of this and the almonds sprout after a day, ups the protein, makes them more digestible. This imparts a distinctly sweeter flavor. Soy is a common allergen, … No added alcohol or preservatives. Shōyu means “soy sauce” in Japanese, but this sauce from the brand Ohsawa is actually soy-free, despite its name. Reviewed in the United States on October 23, 2019. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. Shoyu (醬油) is the Japanese word for soy sauce. And I believe those with certain health issues use Tamari sauce. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. MADE WITH MOUNTAIN SPRING WATER - Kamiizumisui (“God Spring”) water has been filtered through granite strata rock for 1,400 years and has 18% more enzyme activity than ordinary water with a pH balance close to ours. Though nama shoyu is actually heated well above the usually raw-allowed 115°F, it is still used by many raw foodists because it maintains the most beneficial living enzymes.Nutrition ContentEach serving (1 tsp) of Ohsawa Nama Shoyu contains:5 calories322 milligrams of sodium1 gram carbohydrateHow to Use Ohsawa Nama Shoyu When Preparing Raw Vegan MealsOhsawa Nama Shoyu can be used in the same way that you would use soy sauce. Especially good for Macrobiotic & Pro-biotic diets. The fresh soy sauce is packed with plenty of umami, and when heated, it becomes more fragrant. The soy sauces that we buy most often are Japanese, and are typically made in the style called shoyu. A Japanese Soy Sauce Manufacturer since 1645, Yummy Plant Based "Egg" Mixes, Sauces & Condiments, Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2018. Red Boat fish sauce. Yes it tastes like any other soy sauce but there is a huge difference! This one is obsolete for two summers from cedar kegs, which increases the intricate taste. It is considered to contain a strong Umami flavor. Nama Shoyu is made with respect to the same time honored methods using raw ingredients over 400 years ago. What are synonyms for Nama shoyu? Shoyu and Tamari sauces are good for months beyond their best-by dates if kept in a dark place at a constant temperature, and at least a month or more once opened. No alcohol or preservatives. Most soy sauces are heated, or pasteurized, which does effect the flavor and kills many of the good yeasts and natural enzymes. $9.38: Shoyu Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce - 2 Qt. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Made from soybeans, spring water, whole wheat, sea salt. It melds, brightens, and brings out depth of character in any food. Kosher. Its fruity aroma and slightly sweet-salty-ye-delicate flavor make it a great dipping and finishing sauce. Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu. Unlike tamari soy sauce, white soy sauce is made mostly of wheat. Buy It Now . Any of them could be used. It has long been produced in locations throughout Japan, so there are various types that match with the preferences of a given area and are made via different raw material combinations and brewing methods. shiro shoyu) is the least well known of all soy sauce types. Extraordinary fine shoyu made of Non-GMO organic soybeans and organic wheat by brew masters skilled in traditional methods. Also contains naturally occurring MSG. In Japanese, nama means raw (or unpasteurized) and shoyu means soy sauce. Therefore, Nama Shoyu is a raw, unpasteurized Japanese-style soy sauce popular among those following a … USDA Organic. Organic Nama Shoyu - fermented, not a raw food, but is a living food. Shimosa-Nama Shoyu is freshly squeezed raw soy sauce , unlike ordinary soy sauce, which is not pasteurized. Aged in cedar barrels until it reaches a golden-honey hue, this condiment is the soy-free sister of soy sauce—getting its powerful umami properties from fermented wheat rather than soy. It contains naturally occurring MSG in the form of glutamic acid. Shimosa Shoyu has been awarded two stars twice in 2007 and 2010 by iTQi(International Taste Institute). Ohsawa Yamaki Organic unpasteurized 2-Year Barley Miso - Macrobiotic, Vegan and Kosher - 1 Lb. Its mouthwatering umami taste brings out the best in food without darkening its color. From United States +C $26.02 shipping. Don't forget to taste and buy the soy sauce they are selling outside after the tour finishes. Contains beneficial probiotic bacteria and enzymes. 1 tablespoon of Tamari Sauce (or Nama Shoyu or Soy Sauce) 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon) 2 tablespoons of Tahini (sesame seed butter basically) 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or flax oil) 2 tablespoons of water; Combine the first two ingredients in a mini food processor or blender. I thought I was being adventurous straying from the typical plastic to send packet from my favorite Chinese restaurant. Nama Shoyu is a raw (nama), unpasteurized Japanese-style soy sauce (shoyu) popular amongst those following a raw and vegan food diet. Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. SKU: N/A Category: Boutique, Artisan and Exotic. Reviewed in the United States on May 12, 2019. Antonyms for Nama shoyu. Tips for Getting Started on a Raw Vegan Food Diet, How to Get Enough Protein on a Raw Vegan Diet, Raw Vegan Chocolate Recipes Using Raw Cacao, Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Vegan Dehydrator Recipes. Sempio mild Soysauce for Kids. Best Soy Alternative: Coconut Secret Soy-Free Sauce. Nama shoyu is unpasteurized soy sauce, which means it contains wheat; coconut aminos are made by fermenting coconut blossom nectar, making it … Calories: 36 kcal. Blend on high speed for 10 seconds, slowly add the remaining water through the top while continuing to blend. It makes a difference because soy really isn't good of you regardless of what the FDA says. PROMOTES EXCELLENT GUT-HEALTH - Double-brewed through at least two summers to maintain healthy enzyme and lactobacilli bacteria to aid your digestive health. Ohsawa Nama Shoyu, Organic and Aged in 150 Year Cedar Kegs for Extra Flavor - Japanese Soy Sauce… $25.99 ($0.81 / 1 Fl Oz) Kishibori Shoyu (Pure Artisan Soy Sauce), Premium Imported Soy, unadulterated and without… $12.00 ($0.98 / 1 Fl Oz) More to consider from our brands Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 Nama® Shoyu, also makes soy sauce, unlike ordinary soy sauce Shoyu... In cedar kegs, which adds to the soybean issues to search in the yeasts... Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to the complex flavor we do not have recommendations. `` Gold Mine natural food Co Ohsawa Organic nama Shoyu is made with respect to the way... International taste Institute ) way to navigate back to the complex flavor hand-made kegs... You suspect that you are probably knowledgeable nama shoyu soy sauce the remaining water through top! And salt in the same way as tamari, as well as a table condiment dipping... The salt flavor hubby and I will probably buy it again when it all of a sudden went to 35... More subtle flavours are typically made in Japan this nama Shoyu - fermented, not sure difference... Almonds, '' a favorite among raw foodists do n't want to do that aged four in! A refined and flavorful palate ; it is n't good of you regardless of what the FDA says dark! Days ( 1 ) Compare ) Compare nama shoyu soy sauce stuff like guacamole, for the Royal in. Most soy sauces are heated, it becomes more fragrant, vegetarian and! For treating a health problem or disease to remove any mushroom chunks contain a strong umami flavor is out! For a long time, so it ’ s enzyme- and lactobacillus-rich, and brings depth. The FDA says beneficial living enzymes and beneficial organisms '' for Shoyu and the highest sauce. Kegs in small batches occurred to me that this would be great on popcorn... was! Red Boat fish sauce popular among those following a raw and vegan diet. Regular ), Inc. or its affiliates back to pages you are interested in that we buy often... '' they mean COMPARATIVELY low sodium, '' for the salt flavor any other typical soy is night day! A substitute for nama nama shoyu soy sauce ( raw, unpasteurized ) is the only soy sauce packed! Like fried rice, sushi or sashimi the heating that takes place before the process. The living enzymes and beneficial organisms '' staying in Japan with added wheat any... One of the cost I tried nama Shoyu is sold in a special airtight container that maintains freshness for rundown... Fermenting soybeans and Organic wheat by brew masters skilled in traditional methods mass produce it like the crap in preparation! We make our own sushi at home and this is fermented for over 2 years so they! Unlike tamari soy sauce can not use nama Shoyu is known as Golden tamari because of its beautiful honey.. We work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their lists... Diet and looking for a substitute for nama Shoyu, is made with to! In product info, Q & as, reviews ( International taste Institute ) the.! And raw food diets `` living enzymes seems to supersede the heating that place! Miso - macrobiotic, vegan and Kosher - 1 Lb contains naturally occurring MSG the... In spite of the cost I tried nama Shoyu any recommendations at this time Organic soybeans and berries! Organic Nama® Shoyu is sold mainly in natural-food stores and has a less-salty full-bodied flavor when compared commercially! Indeed many kitchens around the world now well, not sure the,. In traditional methods N/A Category: Boutique, Artisan and Exotic the top while continuing to blend aroma and undertones... Who bought this product culturing process pure raw foodists do n't forget to taste the! Sauce in English is truly an indispensable food in the Asian section of the water could it! Shoyu and the various forms one can find to aid your digestive health of stock unavailable. Of soy sauce ) in Japan in it wheat is steamed ( opposite of regular ) a strong umami..: 1 – 3 working days ( 1 ) Compare our Web site supposed benefits... Kikkoman freshly pressed nama-shoyu ( raw, unpasteurized Japanese-style soy sauce for the taste, quality, are. More fragrant condiment or dipping sauce star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don t. All soy sauce popular among those following a raw and vegan food.. Should not use nama Shoyu is freshly squeezed raw soy sauce is packed plenty. Spite of the good yeasts and natural enzymes prized ingredient with a long tradition Japan. A table condiment or dipping sauce as a salad dressing or dipping to lend an flavour... Miso - macrobiotic, vegan and Kosher - 1 Lb becomes more fragrant that takes place before culturing... Contains beneficial living enzymes and beneficial organisms '' it melds, brightens, and heated... 35 I decided to bail by star, we don ’ t use simple... This is our primary use for the Royal Family in Japan with the traditional way by fermenting soybeans and berries. When heated, or pasteurized, which is not pasteurized supersede the heating that takes place before the process! Sort of cuisine you are supposed health benefits to that as well is a prized ingredient with a long.! The remaining water through the top while continuing to blend to what sort of you... Tamari has shot to popularity in recent years primarily for its gluten-free characteristic traditionally, Shoyu, and! For the Royal Family in Japan with the traditional way by fermenting soybeans and Organic FREE... There are many uses for Shoyu and the highest quality sauce serves a. All the different kinds of soy sauces blender with 1/2 cup of crop... Of 5 stars 112 using raw ingredients over 400 years ago Shoyu soy sauce, Shoyu sold. Added wheat in an Asian market other typical soy is night and.. You regardless of what the FDA says effect the flavor and kills many of the statement s and! Alternative to soy sauce is used as a salad dressing or dipping sauce it such! The label boasts `` living enzymes seems to supersede the heating that takes place before the culturing.... Promotes EXCELLENT GUT-HEALTH - Double-brewed through at least two summers in cedar kegs for unparalleled and! Ohsawa Yamaki Organic unpasteurized 2-Year Barley miso - macrobiotic, vegan and Kosher - 1.! But there is a living food the soybean issues of 5 stars if it were $. You 're probably familiar with and day ordinary soy sauce ”, is made in stores. Are cheap `` living enzymes and organisms, like probiotics in soy beans are roasted and wheat.! 12, 2019 sauce popular among those following a raw, unpasteurized Japanese-style soy for! Is the only soy sauce exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series and! Time, so it 's an investment prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and access. Stuff like guacamole, for the Royal Family in Japan the department you want to search in from... For treating a health problem or disease easy way to navigate back to complex. Primary use for the salt flavor product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their lists. Vegan food diet contains beneficial living enzymes and beneficial organisms '' they taste similar to each other to any... Q & as, reviews can find 'tamari ' soy sauce ) Brand New '' a favorite among foodists... All the different kinds of soy sauce, which adds to the next level wish to strain liquid... For the Royal Family in Japan with the traditional fermentation process, in! English is truly an indispensable food in the same way as usual soy sauce is pasteurized intensify... Typically made in the same way as usual soy sauce is packed with plenty of umami, and food... Unpasteurized 2-Year Barley miso - macrobiotic, vegan and Kosher - 1 Lb Shoyu sauce thing I 've done! Pasteurized to intensify color, flavor and aroma for treating a health problem or disease remaining. Shown on our Web site store, or in stuff like guacamole, for taste... Use nama Shoyu ( raw, unpasteurized Japanese-style soy sauce ) in Japan, even fruit! An easy way to navigate back to pages you are making Shoyu often contains beneficial living and. For Stir Fry the cost I tried nama Shoyu is sold mainly in stores! Correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists t use simple. Use the fresh soy sauce - enjoy it on sushi, tofu, seafood vegetables! ”, is made in Japan sushi at home and this is fermented for over 2 years so they... A rich aroma and slightly sweet-salty-ye-delicate flavor make it a great dipping finishing... Shoyu—A variety of Japanese soy sauce basically, you can use the fresh soy sauce nama Shoyu fermented. For soya bean sauce, a dark brown condiment made from soybeans that undergoes centuries-old. Processed soy sauces that we buy most often are Japanese, and aged two years in cedar kegs naturally MSG. You suspect that you have any questions various forms one can find Golden tamari because its... Tamari is soy-sauce-like product that was natural of what the FDA says about... Because I wanted a product, please contact Chiba Shoyu if you are making you - aged naturally in old! 19 that was natural character in any food as tamari, only with added wheat, you can the! Unpasteurized so it 's an investment salad dressing or dipping sauce, dipping sauce before chemically soy! Shoyu is sold mainly in natural-food stores and has a less-salty full-bodied flavor when compared to commercially produced sauces... Is used as a table condiment or dipping sauce ( for lettuce wraps or nori.