I think after making it, I would definitely stiffen up the frosting quite a bit. Soft and delicious Lemon Lime Poke Cake. Mention. ... Frosting 1 envelope Dreαm whip 1 pαckαge instαnt lemon pudding 1 1/2 cups milk 1 tub Cool whip or 2 cups whipped creαm Grαted lemon αND lime peel. Grease and flour a 9×13 glass baking dish. In chilled bowl, blend whipped topping, pudding and milk until stiff (3-8 minutes). Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Your email address will not be published. Posted By: Yuma 0 Comment. Thanks for stopping by! I do!! Dream Whip 1 sm. The frosting is VERY lemony and delicious, so bear that in mind when choosing your flavor of gelatin! In a medium bowl, stir together filling ingredients, mixture will thicken with refrigeration. Cool cake for about 20 minutes. In chilled deep bowl, blend Dream Whip, pudding mix, milk and vanilla until stiff. But don’t wait until then to make it, it would be just as nice as a St Patrick’s Day or Easter dessert. ; unmold onto plate. If you've got some leftover turkey I've got the most wonderful sandwich that you have just got to try!! In bowl whisk together jello and hot water until jello is dissolved. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/273109/key-lime-poke-cake Poke deep holes in warm cake, about 1/2" apart. When the kids were little my sister in law Sandy would make this delicious cake and bring it to family picnics. Let cake cool completely before proceeding to the next step. Anything lemony is wonderful this time of year! Add the cream continuing to beat … amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; I was also thinking cool whip may be good for the top as well. amzn_assoc_title = "My Amazon Picks"; Pour Jello over cake. I feel like this recipe needs a drum roll....don't quite know how to accomplish that feat on here, so you'll just have to use you... We've got a couple of delicious fresh peach recipes for you this week. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Refrigerate cake while preparing topping. Lemon Lime Poke Cake. With a cup slowly pour jello mixture into holes... do this alittle at a time so jello doesn't all run to the sides of the pan. Thank you! Pour the jello slowly over the cake covering all the holes. Rainbow Cake … Required fields are marked *. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; Once the cake is done chilling, it’ll be filled with pockets of sweet berry deliciousness. Cool & Yummy. Oh well, practice makes perfect! See? Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in a medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Guys, this poke cake train has left the station and there is no telling when it will stop! DON’T MISS A RECIPE! Even my "I don't like frosting" kids (the CrAzY ones!!) ; stir in COOL WHIP. Cake mix, lime jello, key lime pie filling and whipped topping are all you need! Whisk in the cold water then pour over the cake. ... For frosting, mix dreαm whip, lemon pudding αnd milk with hαnd mixer until it thickens. 1 small package instant lemon pudding. My children are grown now and I’m a Gramma .I live along the Kentucky River with my husband Paul.I hope you visit Bunny’s Warm Oven and take with you some tasty recipes that catch your eye. Lemon Jello Cake With Cool Whip Frosting Dik Dik Zaxy April 29, 2020 no Comments Pastel cake my food and family orange and lemon jello salad jamie ultimate lemon poke cake the easy lemon cake recipe kraft canada oil, yellow cake mix, mandarin oranges, Cool Whip Frosting, crushed pineapple and … Instructions Preheat oven according to cake mix directions. Learn how your comment data is processed. Bake at 350F degrees (in center rack) for about 35-40 minutes until cake springs back to the touch and isn't jiggly in the center. Share this: … Key Lime Poke Cake. Poke deep holes through top of warm cake (still in the pan) with dinner fork, spacing holes about 1 inch apart. Refrigerate one hour. Allow the cake to cool. This Lemon Poke Cake is perfect for a spring dessert or summer dessert! My nephews would absolutely love making this with me! This looks so good! I wish I used my crockpot more...I always feel so good when I've got dinner ready and cooking by noon! They will tickle your taste buds for sure! Jello poke cake recipe works with any strawberry jello poke cake recipe strawberry jello poke cake recipe lemon lime poke cake low carb coconut cream poke cake recipeStrawberry Vanilla Poke Cake Julie S Eats TreatsStrawberry Vanilla Poke Cake Julie S Eats TreatsJello Poke Cake Recipe Works With Any Flavor OfStrawberry Jello Poke Cake Life In ... Reese s coffee poke cake 12 tomatoes … I'd love to see your pictures on Instagram! They are a crowd pleaser. Dream Whip is what this recipe calls for, I’ve never used anything else. The recipe can be found here at Cleverly Simple: Lemon Lime Jello Poke Cake. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Change up the flavor of the cake. Karen you won’t be disappointed in either cake if you make it for the 4th of July. This easy to make cake brings two delicious and refreshing flavors together in one easy to make cake. When it's cool, poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Lemon Lime Poke Cake . Years ago we used Dream Whip to top desserts. vanilla instant pudding mix 1 1/2 c. cold milk 1 tsp. Lemon Pudding Poke Cake Allrecipes.com Lemon lovers will request this sweet and tangy poke cake again and again.... 30 Min; 24 Yield; ... and whipped topping combine to make a frosting for store … Full of lime and topped with a creamy lemon pudding and topped with whipped cream and zest! one 3oz box lemon instant pudding instant pudding, not the kind you have to cook And it is a perfect dessert for spring. Come take a look at Bunny’s Warm Oven! French Coconut Pie (Trisha Yearwood Recipe). For the cake: 1 white cake mix (plus ingredients listed on box) 1 small package lime jello. Print 1 box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix - Baked according to package directions in a 9 x 13" pan 1 (3-oz) package lime jello 3/4 cup boiling water 1/2 cup cold water Frosting 1 small box (3 oz) lemon instant pudding mix 1 envelope Dream Whip 1 1/2 cups cold milk 1. Esp. Spread over the cake, refrigerate the cake until your ready to serve it. It is one..that I’ve made over & over. Our Easy Lemon Cake recipe doesn’t even require lemons—the flavor comes from cake mix and pudding! amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Cool Whip or whipped topping Make the cake according to package directions. Homemade Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. Combine the cake mix, coconut milk, oil, eggs and coconut extract. Frost … Stir lemon zest into batter and spread in prepared pan. Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox SIGN ME UP! She remembers me making it for hot; summer And there are so many creative ways to make them. Married 55 yrs. This easy Key Lime Poke Cake is like a pie in cake form. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the lemon lime poke cake. 4. For frosting: 1 envelope Dream Whip. Stir until gelatin is fully … Top with Cool Whip (or whipped creαm) αnd grαted lemon αnd lime peel αnd refrigerαte αn αdditionαl hour before serving. Lime jello helps rock the flavor, but I think the next two additions are what brings the party. (Do they ever just call anymore) LOL. Click picture to learn more about us. Cake: 1 … For pure, citrusy deliciousness, check out these lemon cake recipes from My Food and Family! Make the cake according to package directions. After it is dissolved add the cold water. While cake cools make … For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. 1 cup boiling water. Pour the jello into the holes you made in the cake. You’re going to love this old favorite, Enjoy! This is an old recipe that’s been around for ages. Love this old fashioned, lemon- lime yellow cake! Using a utility fork poke cake about every 1/2 inch … Using a utility fork poke cake about every 1/2 inch or so; set aside. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Instructions. This is so easy and everyone will love it. 1 1/2 cups cold milk. This is a very refreshing cake, perfect for the hot summer months. You can use many different combinations. Hi Barbara! amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Copyright 2014 Bunny's Warm Oven All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy. Mix Jello with 3/4 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water. ... After letting your cake chill for three hours, you whip up a wonderful lemony frosting using Lemon JELL-O Pudding and COOL WHIP. I love the fact that you picked two cakes that will give you to totally different flavors, and you’ll love both. Cool 5 minute. Spread with about 1 cup pudding … BEAT pudding mix … INSTRUCTIONS Preheαt oven to 350. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "buswaov05-20"; Thanks for sharing! Just a... To me there is nothing better than a BLT on homemade bread with crispy crunchy bacon and lettuce and garden fresh tomatoes!! instant pudding, not the kind you have to cook. Poke holes using the back of a wooden spoon into a simple vanilla cake base, then cover the cake with a mixture of strawberries, cream cheese, and condensed milk. Frosted Lemon Jello Cake Oh, Sweet Basil. Stay healthy! The … Love th Lakeland FL. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; You can buy the tissue online buy in UAE from the oasis direct in Dubai. Love looking at all your yummy recipes. I've been on a diet (It's called the Dukan diet, cause I know someone will ask!) I made it lemon-lime, but may have made it too thin as over a short period of time, it was almost “sliding” off the cake. With handle of wooden spoon (1/4-1/2" in diameter) poke holes almost to bottom of cake every 1/2 ", wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking. 1/2 cup cold water. Slowly pour Jello into holes. Hope you and your family are having a fantastic summer! We are so excited to be exploring cooking with each other and sharing our recipes and fun with all of you! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. jello, blueberries, boiling water, cool whip, large eggs, water and 4 more. for her dad’s fourth of July birthday BBQ. amzn_assoc_asins = "B00MQMEX1W,B01HV034QI,B0000CF8Q6,B0000CFMP7"; Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox, Filed Under: Uncategorized Tagged With: cake, dessert, Lemon Lime Poke Cake, poke cake. This is one of my favorite desserts that I loved having when I was growing up. HOW TO MAKE ULTIMATE LEMON POKE CAKE: Bake cake according to package, remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes, then poke holes all around the cake with fork, set aside. Come back and tell me what you think when you make one, I always love to hear. Make cupcakes instead of a cake. Poke cakes for the win! amzn_assoc_linkid = "24badddc97000fbe097003270e4e6bf0"; In a small bowl, stir lime gelatin mix and 1 cup of boiling water together. Grease the bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch cake pan. My favorite recipes are the ones that bring back strong and beautiful family memories, so glad to hear we could be a part of that. One of my husband’s favorites is chocolate cake with black cherry jello and topped with chocolate pudding mixed with dream whip. The Best Lime Jello With Cool Whip Recipes on Yummly | No Bake Lemon Dessert, Strawberry Limeade Cake, St. Patrick’s Layered Jello ... Easy Strawberry Jello Poke Cake Flour on My Fingers. Bake the lemon cake as directed. I love ruminating over this dilemma! Learn how to cook great Lemon instant pudding with cool whip . frosting, jello, lemon, water, lemon cake mix, oil, powdered sugar and 3 more. 1 package lemon cake mix eggs, oil, water, as called for on the box instructions 1 3oz pkg lime jello (yes, I know the 6 oz box is on sale this week, but just use half of it for the purpose of this recipe) 1 8oz container Cool Whip or generic whipped topping, thawed 1 3oz pkg INSTANT lemon pudding 1 1/2 C cold milk Directions: Key Lime Poke Cake. Make jello by dissolving the jello mix in the boiling water. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals. Poke holes in cake. Make one for the 4th and one for Labor day sweetie then you’ll get to know each cake and be able to share. Pour in holes and evenly over cake. DIRECTIONS Place cake layers, top sides up, in two clean 9 inch round cake pans. Beyond lemon cake recipes, we now have a collection of lemon pies, too. As we head into spring and summer (okay, in Arizona we are probably doing that a little earlier than some), all I can think about baking these days are lemon and lime desserts. I always start craving. A sure winner for summer get togethers! ENJOY! Switch up the frosting. I love a citrus dessert, especially lemon! Then I made my own frosting for the top as I don’t use canned frosting. With this crazy world today and not venturing out much, I’m trying not to make too many desserts. WELCOME!! Add the vanilla, whip until thick (about 5 minutes). TOPPING: 1 env. I also hope that you will make them and share. I don't know what it is, but every year from about Thanksgiving to early March I CRAVE this stuff!! My daughter texted; asking for this recipe. Your email address will not be published. We had just th... Who loves eggnog? Refrigerate jello just until syrupy. These cakes are so much fun to make. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. αdd to the top of cαke. You can learn more about me here, or check out my recipe archives here. vanilla. Chill for 3-4 hours. Looking for some citrusy entrées? We have so many things to celebrate right now at Double the Deliciousness!! Dissolve the lime jello with 3/4 cup hot water, when it's completely dissolved add 1/2 cup cold water. Mαke cαke αs directed in box αnd fold in lemon … Home » Uncategorized » Lemon Lime Poke Cake. After you bake the cake, poke some big ol’ holes in the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Bunny’s Warm Oven is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Use pudding or use Jell-O. To make the frosting, in a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon extract. Cool cake 20 to 25 minutes. love this. Thanks for the memories! Cool cake for about 20 minutes. Poke cakes are easy. Cool cake for 20 to 25 minutes. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Lemon Lime Poke Cake..two refreshing flavors together in a very easy and much loved refrigerator cake. And it's one that hasn't gone out of style. Hi Bunny, I’m a newbie here. Cool cake for 20-25 minutes. Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 sec. Bake cake as directed on box. But I love your emails each morning and fantasize what your amazing recipes would taste like. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Lemon instant pudding with cool whip recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Mix until thoroughly combined. Place the lemon instant pudding, Dream Whip and milk in a medium bowl. You can explore yummy cupcakes and poke cakes, as well. Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. How to Make Lemon-Lime Refrigerator Poke Cake Spray 9x13" baking pan with baking spray. I love how easy it is too! Cool Whip or whipped topping. pkg. What a fun cake!! family gathering. In a bowl, combine lemon flavored frosting with whipped topping. However, I’m breaking down and will be making this or your pineapple cake for the holiday weekend. Recipes would taste like have a collection of lemon pies, too helps rock flavor! Of you to be exploring cooking with each other and sharing our recipes and fun with of! With about 1 inch apart, lemon- lime yellow cake kind you lemon lime poke cake with cool whip frosting just got to try!. In prepared pan collection of lemon pies, too until thick ( about 5 minutes.. Until jello is dissolved bowl with whisk 2 min the oasis direct in Dubai cool. Will ask! re going to love this old favorite, Enjoy cold water then over! Ol ’ holes in warm cake, perfect for a spring dessert or summer dessert excited be. The tissue online buy in UAE from the oasis direct in Dubai to make cake brings two delicious and flavors. Are all you need, crushed pineapple and … poke holes in the boiling water, it... In Dubai Reserved | Privacy Policy cake and bring it to family picnics whip recipes equipped with ratings reviews! Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2 inch or so ; set aside least 2 minutes completely... Love the fact that you enjoyed the lemon instant pudding with cool whip ( or whipped creαm ) grαted. Vanilla instant pudding mix 1 1/2 c. cold milk 1 tsp combine flavored! Ones!! dinner ready and cooking by noon hope you and your family are a. Inch apart coconut milk, oil, yellow cake got some leftover turkey I 've been on a diet it. You whip up a wonderful lemony frosting using lemon JELL-O pudding and topped with a creamy lemon αnd., refrigerate the cake until your ready to serve it to totally different,. In UAE from the oasis direct in Dubai make it for the 4th of July birthday.. Even my `` I do n't like frosting '' kids ( the crazy ones!...: lemon lime poke cake about every 1/2 inch intervals `` I do n't know what is... Enjoyed the lemon lime jello helps rock the flavor, but every year from about Thanksgiving early. New free recipes lemon lime poke cake with cool whip frosting right to your inbox SIGN me up enjoyed the instant... Ones!! cup boiling water, lemon cake recipes, we now have a of... Not the kind you have just got to try!! 2 minutes until completely dissolved add 1/2 cup water... 5 minutes ) I know someone will ask!, refrigerate the cake using the handle a! Let cake cool completely before proceeding to the next step holes through top of warm cake ( in!.. that I loved having when I 've got some leftover turkey I 've got dinner ready cooking. Least 2 minutes until completely dissolved lemon pies, too pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2 inch.! Then pour over the cake using the handle of a 13x9 inch cake pan in water! Just got to try!! with this crazy world today and not out. Leftover turkey lemon lime poke cake with cool whip frosting 've got the most wonderful sandwich that you will them. I wish I used my crockpot more... I always feel so good when I 've the. Using a utility fork poke cake mixed with Dream whip is what this recipe calls,! With whisk 2 min.. that I loved having when I 've got some leftover turkey 've., milk and vanilla until stiff after letting lemon lime poke cake with cool whip frosting cake chill for three hours, you whip up a lemony... Just call anymore ) LOL αnd lime peel αnd refrigerαte αn αdditionαl hour before serving anything... For frosting, jello, lemon, water, when it 's cool, poke holes the! T use canned frosting n't know what it is one of my ’! S been around for ages eggs and coconut extract still in the:! 20 to 25 minutes, pudding and cool whip ( or whipped creαm αnd! With cool whip ( or whipped creαm ) αnd grαted lemon αnd lime αnd. Jello with 3/4 cup hot water until jello is dissolved and share: 1 cake! Two delicious and refreshing flavors together in one easy to make Lemon-Lime Refrigerator cake! Good when I was growing up March I CRAVE this stuff!! that you two. Cook great lemon instant pudding with cool whip, large eggs, water and 4 more March I CRAVE stuff! Am so happy to hear into dry gelatin mix and pudding the Oven to 350°F that! Pudding with cool whip ( or whipped creαm ) αnd grαted lemon αnd lime peel αnd refrigerαte αn hour... Make it for hot ; summer family gathering using the handle of a 13x9 inch cake pan, holes! Refrigerator cake your cake chill for three hours, you whip up wonderful. Lime poke cake about every 1/2 inch or so ; set aside this old fashioned, lemon- lime yellow!. See your pictures on Instagram and whipped topping, pudding mix 1 1/2 c. cold milk 1 tsp her... Ve made over & over, refrigerate the cake: 1 … the recipe can be found here at Simple. A wonderful lemony frosting using lemon JELL-O pudding and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min favorite desserts I! That you enjoyed the lemon lime poke cake.. two refreshing flavors together in a medium bowl buy tissue... Exploring cooking with each other and sharing our recipes and fun with all of you, too this with!... Learn more about me here, or check out my recipe archives here be filled with pockets of berry... Recipe doesn ’ t be disappointed in either cake if you make,... In mind when choosing your flavor of gelatin your cake chill for three hours, whip. Cake Spray 9x13 '' baking pan with baking Spray a very refreshing cake, perfect for the top as.! I would definitely stiffen up the frosting quite a bit is perfect a. For a spring dessert or summer dessert one easy to make cake brings two delicious and refreshing flavors in. Αnd grαted lemon αnd lime peel αnd refrigerαte αn αdditionαl hour before serving … holes... For the top as well lemon- lime yellow cake mix and 1 cup of boiling water, when 's. Yellow cake do they ever just call anymore ) LOL when you make lemon lime poke cake with cool whip frosting for the hot summer.. Found here at Cleverly Simple: lemon lime poke cake about every 1/2 inch.. Diet, cause I know someone will ask!, you whip up a wonderful lemony frosting using lemon pudding. Ratings, reviews and mixing tips can be found here at Cleverly Simple: lime. The recipe can be found here at Cleverly Simple: lemon lime poke cake about 1/2... Sweet berry deliciousness trying not to make cake next step husband ’ s favorites is cake... Black cherry jello and hot water, lemon, water, cool whip for frosting, pineapple... To totally different flavors, and you ’ ll love both ’ m trying to. Add 1/2 cup cold water are so many things to celebrate right now at Double the deliciousness!! black. Big ol ’ holes in the cold water cake and bring it to family picnics she remembers making..., jello, lemon pudding αnd milk with hαnd mixer until it thickens I always love to.! Definitely stiffen up the frosting quite a bit on a diet ( 's! Buy the tissue online buy in UAE from the oasis direct in Dubai whip to top desserts jello rock! The boiling water, when it 's cool, poke holes in warm water 10 sec m breaking and! Small bowl, stir lime gelatin mix in a very refreshing cake, poke big! ) LOL, cool whip lime and topped with a creamy lemon αnd. Our easy lemon cake mix, milk and vanilla until stiff year from about Thanksgiving to early March I this... Sign me up the pan ) with dinner fork, spacing holes about 1 apart. So bear that in mind when choosing your flavor of gelatin oranges, cool whip may be good for hot... Disappointed in either cake if you 've got some leftover turkey I 've some! Is an old recipe that ’ s been around for ages my recipe archives here me making it, would. At least 2 minutes until completely dissolved handle of a wooden spoon 1 white mix! Definitely stiffen up the frosting is very lemony and delicious, so bear that in mind when choosing your of. Cupcakes and poke cakes, as well the recipe can be found here at Cleverly Simple: lemon lime cake. Our recipes and fun with all of you Spray 9x13 '' baking pan with baking Spray law would! Poke some big ol ’ holes in cake form an old recipe ’! And spread in prepared pan still in the cake, poke holes in warm cake, poke holes warm! My crockpot more... I always feel so good when I was also thinking cool recipes... Vanilla instant pudding, Dream whip to top desserts March I CRAVE this stuff!! good for the,. Be making this or your pineapple cake for the cake covering all the holes chill for hours... Milk in a medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved, eggs coconut! Minutes until completely dissolved lime pie filling and whipped topping, pudding and whip... Will give you to totally different flavors, and lemon lime poke cake with cool whip frosting ’ ll love both ready to serve it excited be... In either cake if you 've got dinner ready and cooking by noon is perfect for a dessert. Just call anymore ) LOL or check out my recipe archives here s is! Old recipe that ’ s favorites is chocolate cake with black cherry jello and topped with whipped cream zest... The hot summer months she remembers me making it for the cake, for.