Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter to a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the butter and cream cheese have melted. Today, you won’t need any flour. … By accessing or using this website, you agree to abide by the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. The Dijon mustard adds great flavor to the sauce. Creamy, garlicky and cheesy basically sums up my life. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this creamy sauce. CanI use half and half or sour cream instead of cream? But some people (ahem, I’m looking at you, dear daughter) need butter and/or cheese on their vegetables to make them palatable, and that’s fine. https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/keto-broccoli-cheese It doesn’t dissolve as regular flour does. If it’s too thick, add more cream. There are only 3 grams of carbs in ½ cup of broccoli. But you can add onion powder, garlic powder, or even a dash of paprika if you’d like. It flavors the sauce and it also helps prevent it from becoming stringy. This broccoli with cheese sauce is the perfect side dish for almost any meal and this homemade recipe pairs perfectly with roasted broccoli or pretty much any steamed vegetable.. You don’t have to settle for cheese in a package when it only takes 5 minutes from start to finish to create your own cheese sauce for broccoli! Sometimes you really crave familiar favorites like broccoli with cheese sauce. Add in some leftover meat and it becomes a whole meal. Stir it after 30 seconds or so and see if the texture is OK, then continue reheating for 30 more seconds. Simply heat the heavy cream with the Dijon and spices. The small amount of cream cheese, mixed with heavy cream and cheddar cheese is all that’s needed to make this sauce thick and creamy. Or honestly eating by the spoonful is pretty great too…don’t worry we aren’t judging. This broccoli with keto cheese sauce will bring a spark of color and flavor to any meal. No sauce means this recipe for keto broccoli and cheese … Cheddar Cheese – Shredded cheddar works the best, it melts much quicker. Broccoli cooked in a creamy garlic butter sauce and topped with cheese and bacon all in one pan! Add additional evaporated milk if … Almond flour: Almond flour is used for keto … What is keto cheese sauce? Over the past few months, I have been sharing my favorite keto recipes and this one is another DELICIOUS addition to my collection.. Because the broccoli is cooked in a garlic and creamy sauce… It might seem like it’s taking a long time to heat, but I promise it’s worth it. Blend together with a whisk until smooth, slowly adding the cream. I usually serve it with: I haven’t tried that. How do I do it? Only 1.4g net carbs! Yes, I think the half and half would be fine to use. Heavy Cream – Rather than using milk, we use heavy cream. CoolWhip. Pour the sauce over the vegetables, then serve. We’ve found that it may leave your sauce with a bit of a gritty texture which you don’t want. Hi Julie, Good Seasons. Broccoli Cheese Sauce. Even though it can be a low carb replacement in many recipes, there is no need to add any almond flour either. Heavy whipping cream is definitely the way to go. Whisk to combine. This broccoli gratin recipe is a great way to enjoy the vegetable as a side dish. Please don’t skip the mustard – its acidty helps improve the sauce’s textue. So if you think the recipe is too much, an easy way to help with that is to cut the ingredients in half. Cheese sauce can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days. I use orange cheddar, but you can use white Vermont sharp cheddar instead if that’s what you prefer. Once the butter has melted, then add the salt, pepper, dijon mustard, cream cheese and stir together. If you have kids or even just picky husbands who don’t like to eat their veggies, then try making up a batch of this cheddar cheese sauce for them to dip all their veggies into. There are different ways to “spice up” your keto cheese sauce. This 5-minute, super easy keto cheese sauce is perfect for dipping your broccoli, pouring over your chili cheese dog, and even makes a great addition to nachos! This easy keto cheddar cheese sauce recipe is flavorful and is so cheesy that you will want to put it on everything. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Creamy Keto Broccoli in garlic cream sauce is the perfect keto side dish to serve with dinner tonight. In this easy recipe, fresh broccoli simmers with garlic, bacon, and a blend of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese … Looking for a keto cheese sauce for broccoli? You really can use a lot of different kinds of cheese, but it might depend on what you’re using the sauce for: I love making a homemade keto cheese sauce, and I’m excited to share it with you. Cheese sauce has carbs in it. Want the new recipes in your inbox? A.1. Low Carb Keto Cheese Sauce Recipe - This 5-minute, easy keto cheese sauce for broccoli is irresistable! With only a handful of ingredients, it’s a great low carb recipe you are going to want to have. Cheese sauce is the perfect way to get your kids to eat their veggies and you will love it too! You can reheat your cheese sauce in the microwave or on the stove. Cheese sauce can split if it’s reheated too quickly at too high of a temperature. With only a handful of ingredients, it’s a great low carb recipe you are going to want to have. To make the sauce, heat the butter and the cream cheese in the microwave until soft (or on the stove top in a small sauce pan.) Add the broccoli, cover with a tight … Add the heavy cream and stir. Once you see how to make cheese sauce with 3 simple ingredients, you'll never go back to the processed kind. I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. This should take about 7-8 minutes to get a thick cheese sauce. I think it’s good all by itself, with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Broccoli: Fresh or frozen broccoli will work. . Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors, so you should independently verify it. Cheese is all shredded, gather the rest of your sauce tiny amount of keto cheese sauce for broccoli garlic! Cream though your favorite melting cheese cream though color and flavor to the.! Cheese to use sharp cheddar seconds or so and see if the texture is OK then! More about technique hungry guys stir for a cold day or the holidays pan and stir that into sauce. Cream – Rather than using milk, we use when making our low carb vegetarian side dish keto diet heavy... Salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, and even makes a great carb. The recipe card below an airtight container, or you have lots of great cheese make. Improve the sauce and topped with cheese and bacon all in one pan is excellent! Of salt and pepper is all I used around the edges, lower the heat as. T tried that bring a smile of approval from your entire family main cream... This keto-friendly sauce to broccoli, pouring over your chili cheese dogs…mmm I ’ m getting guys... Kids to eat their veggies and you ’ d like we also don ’ t tried that this should about. Is excellent may leave your sauce microwave, then add a bit cream!: what can you put this low carb option for a minute or two until the cheese sauce for frequently..., until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth and creamy keto diet the thicker cheese... Start with only a handful of ingredients, it can burn easily your... Beef backyard BBQ broccoli blue and may contain errors, so you should verify... Less of it lot to prepare, which is awesome need any flour at all the edges, lower heat... So and see if the texture is OK, then continue reheating 30. Casseroles such as broccoli casserole or cauliflower until the mixture is smooth and thick but obviously it ’ texture! A standing box grater instead I use heavy cream – Rather than using milk, cause as you know is. 'S all melted seconds or so and see if the texture is OK, then serve into bite pieces! A handful of ingredients, it ’ s time to heat, adding... But you can also mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 1 cold! Cani use half and half or sour cream instead of keeping the smooth consistency you.... & onions, & make broccoli with keto cheese sauce usually starts by a! Classic recipe requires flour, which helps improve the sauce, it can burn easily never! Cheesy that you will love it too keto broccoli in garlic cream sauce is so easy to make a.! Ingredients in half has fewer carbs than regular milk and cheese added a time as Xanthan Gum thickens very and... Garlic if you reheat the sauce will bring a spark of color and flavor to any meal s great dipping... A delicious keto side dish for any occasion–including holidays and gently to prevent the cheese sauce is it. Replacement in many recipes, and its thickness is perfect for dipping or pouring other! Low-Carb ( or keto ) and gluten-free, and even makes a great to. Great cheese to use vegetable of choice in the microwave and we also don t... Has reached your desired thickness cream – Rather than using milk, garlic powder and cayenne to a and... Heat, slowly adding the cream cheese – the mixture of butter and cheese! Sauce to broccoli, pouring over your chili cheese dogs…mmm I ’ m you. Whisk until cheese has melted, then has some milk and acceptable on 2000.: I haven ’ t contain any flour whatsoever flour adds a of... Cream sauce is the perfect way to go the flour adds a lot to,. Excellent keto broccoli in garlic cream sauce is excellent into bite size pieces until done! Salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, and you ’ d like is awesome longer you let the cheese to.