Remove steaks from fridge and rub evenly on both sides with seasoning Let come to room temperature while preheating grill Preheat grill to 325-350 degrees F Add steak and grill for 6-8 minutes before flipping Wonder why you need a two-zone setup? It is all about quality when buying ribeye. Great For Friends, Family, Anyone! If you want to cook it on the grill rack, the method is basically the same. The timing of the seasoning is important. It does not add flavor and will cause trouble when it melts and cause flare-ups. win.focus(); A light foil tent is a good idea here. The rib-eye, sometimes known as scotch fillet or entrecôte, is one of the most popular steaks in the world.It comes from the Longissimus Dorsi muscle, which runs down the spine and doesn’t do too much work, giving it a lovely tender texture. This process is called carryover cooking.​. Clean and oil the grilling grate. The number of servings per recipe is stated above. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Grilled Ribeye Steak Recipe. Rude or snarky remarks will be deleted. Brush the cooking grates clean. Do it just before grilling; I use a nice sprinkling of my 7:2:2 seasoning but just a nice sprinkle of coarse salt and pepper will do. It is very easy to overcook this expensive meat, and I suggest leaving yourself a little margin for error and taking a few more minutes. The times are provided to help with your planning, but you MUST use an instant-read thermometer to get things right. Let sit up to 30 minutes to let steak come to room temperature. Next, coat it with the seasonings you want. Flip it and let it sear on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes. I like 140-145 now after growing up in a "burn it to black" family. For the perfect medium-rare thick-cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. Some people believe that the bone will add some flavor and it even will sell for a little more. When a hard sear forms in about three minutes, rotate … 2. All you need to do is make sure that the grill is hot enough and you let the good steak rest after it is cooked. All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. There should be little white dots of fat on the red meat, evenly distributed throughout the muscle. Season evenly with the salt and pepper. Select is next step down but just say no. In a large cast-iron skillet over medium high, heat oil … Flip and grill until you reach the correct internal temperature for your taste. Prevent flare-ups by closing the lid.​. Ribeye and most cuts of steak take about 10 minutes to cook on the grill over medium-high heat. Put the seasoned rib eye on the grill over direct heat, and cook covered for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. You like what you like. Super high heat sear, flip and sear again, turn the heat down and finish on low, then top with garlic butter off the grill. BBQ steaks are the perfect easy recipe to grill at your next cookout, BBQ, or picnic. Grilled … var win = window.open(url, '_self'); And it also one of the most expensive. Make it Perfect First Time and Every Time. You can get thinner, but I don't suggest not going under 1 inch thick. We recommend using a digital thermometer to check the internal temperature so you can reach your target doneness. Grill for about 10 minutes per side, rotating every few minutes to achieve grill marks. Coat the steak with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Keep it polite please. For the perfect medium-rare ribeye steak, grill for 9-12 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 12-15 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. function openUrlInNewTab(url) { Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil. Over 1 ½ starts to get into well over one pound of meat which I consider too much for a serving. And finally, no steak sauce or marinade allowed. Ribeye is one of my personal favorites. Flip the steak over to a new, hot part of the grill and cook covered for 1 1/2 minutes. Cooking steak in the oven is not the best method, but sometimes it’s your only option. Most people don't want to pay the price for prime. This cooking guide covers the pro barbecue tips you need to know, the best tools for cooking your steak, and step by step directions to make sure your ribeye comes out perfectly juicy and tender every time. If you’re using a charcoal grill, you want to start the fire and let the coals burn for 30 minutes or so to prevent the steaks from smelling like charcoal lighter fluid. Let's figure it out. I don't think this will be the case because they are so thick. An easy grilling … Ribeye is an impressive cut and you'll want to cook it to perfection on the grill. Use a medium grill of about 450-degree surface temperature. This raises the temperature of the meat making getting your desired internal temperature much easier. If you don’t have a thermometer, we recommend cooking for about 10 minutes and checking based on your judgement. Before placing the steaks on the skillet, pat the steak dry with paper towels … Because of the high-fat content, there is a decent amount of marbling which means that there is more moisture to cook with. Go down by five degrees at a time. More than a few have endeavored to grill this premium steak at home with some pretty disastrous results. Light the charcoals and allow them to burn so that a gray ash forms. Remember that good marbling is also paramount. Don't jump from well done to rare. Like we said before, you need to make sure that your grill is as hot as it can get and also let your steak rest after cooking. Juicy grilled ribeye steaks are so easy to grill. Close the lid. On my grill (which is very hot) that is just above 50%. Make sure to preheat your oven to 250°F first so it’s nice and hot when you put the steak in your oven. Look for marbling in the center of the ribeye or in the eye. Cooking the perfect ribeye is not as tough as it seems. Apply coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper liberally and repeat the process on the other side. The complete guide to grilling a Ribeye steak at home like a professional pitmaster. Place the steak in the middle of the skillet and cook, turning every 2-3 minutes, until a dark crust has formed on both sides, about 12-14 minutes. A very special meal for special occasions or as an everyday surprise. Save this recipe in your Cave Tools BBQ app or download other recipes from the community recipes exchange! Get a digital instant-read meat thermometer and check the steak’s temperature while it is still on the grill. We're gonna teach you the best way to grill ribeye. How to Grill a Filet Mignon on a Gas Grill We are going to use direct heat here with a grill surface temperature of about 450 up to but not over 500. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Remember you can always toss it back on the grill for a few minutes. Start with prime or choice ribeye steaks. Do It Yourself Stuffed Burgers Designed For Anyone Who Wants To Eat A New Kind Of Burger. function openUrlInSameTab(url) { If it's higher, decrease the amount of cook time on the second side to 10-15 minutes. If there is a layer of trimmable fat along the edge, remove it. Let it rest for about 5 minutes – the temperature will continue to rise a couple of degrees while the juices are redistributing into the meat. Remember that the ribeye will continue to cook a few additional degrees even after you remove it from the grill.​, For a full list internal temperatures check out this handy meat temperature magnet for your fridge or grill, After you have removed it from the grill, place the steak on a cutting board and loosely cover it with aluminum foil. Close the lid. Additionally, give your steaks a grill house and diner quality sear by placing a few bricks on the bottom of your grate so that the lower cooking grate is raised. But if you haven't tried your steak a little rarer, I suggest trying to "work your way down" on good filet or ribeye. Pan Seared Oven Roasted Strip Steak Serving size is my estimate of a normal size unless stated otherwise. Beginners Guide to Grill Temperature on a Gas Grill, How to Grill a Filet Mignon on a Gas Grill, How to Grill a Strip Steak on a Gas Grill, How to Grill a T-bone or Porterhouse Steak – A Tutorial. If you are thinking about preparing a ribeye at home for the first time, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Grilling is great but there are times when it just isn't convenient to go outside to fire up the grill. Sear Your Ribeye Once your steak is prepped and ready, put it on the hot grill and place rib-eye steaks at the hottest part of the grate and let it sear for 2 to 3 minutes. How do you cook a 8 oz ribeye steak? Try to do a rest of the steak at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before starting to grill. Just over medium for me but more medium-high on most grills. Uncover and cook … Experiment with all of the different cuts to find your favorite! Move the steak to a cooler part of the grill (or if using gas turn off one side) and cook for 20-25 minutes or … But the truth is grilling a ribeye is really not that difficult. First, remember that no matter which technique you are going to use to make the ribeye, you need to get the meat out of the refrigerator and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook the steaks. Flip and grill until you reach the correct internal temperature for your taste. Once your steak is prepped and ready, put it on the hot grill and place rib-eye steaks at the hottest part of the grate and let it sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Sometimes the bone in variety is referred to as a prime rib steak, but they are the same cut of meat. Once the Grill has preheated, for 10 minutes, place the steak on the hot Grill plate. Open the lid and place the steaks on the hot side of the grill. Let's figure it out. } You can cook steak on propane or charcoal grills, it’s really up to your preference and availability. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used. Make the most of your investment with this straightforward method to preparing a perfectly cooked rib-eye steak—indoors and in a pan. How to Start a Food Blog – The Real Story, How to Grill a Ribeye Steak on a Gas Grill. The next step down is Choice. Get your charcoal or gas grill as hot as possible. As soon as they reached the temperature we wrapped them in the foil and let them rest for another 5 minutes. Then we fired up the pellet grill. Prime is referring to a grade of meat while the term prime rib is a cut of meat that can be various grades. Rotate half the way through if you want these nice crossed grill marks. Uncover, turn the meat 45 degrees and cook uncovered for 7 more minutes. While you are searing the steak, resist the urge to move it around with your tongs as this will prevent the meat from getting the finest grill marks. Make sure that you always get a bone-in steak. I'm not a believer, and I'm generally going for boneless and consider the bone as paying a premium price for some waste. The rib-eye steak is a prime cut of beef. How to Grill a T-bone or Porterhouse Steak – A Tutorial Basically, you’ll want to remove the steak from the fridge ten to fifteen minutes prior to grilling, ensure the grill has reached the right temperature before placing the steak on the grate and keep a close eye on the time when you’re searing and cooking the steak on low heat. White hot coals ensure a … Learn How to Grill a Ribeye Steak on a Gas Grill with these easy to follow step by step photo instructions for delicious results. There is a lot of snobbiness about this. While the steaks are resting, get your grill temperature about 450-500. You are here: 6. Remember that thicker cuts of steak will take longer to cook than thinner cuts. Close the lid and continue cooking the steak until you achieve the temperature you desire. DO NOT COOK BY TIME ALONE. The "rare" people will unfriend you on facebook if you disagree.  Most of the pink will disappear at about 155. A good thermometer (like my thermapen) will improve your grilling skills by 100% instantly. Get rid of any excess fat on the meat so you do not have any flare-ups. A very special meal for special occasions or as an everyday surprise. win.focus(); Use the chart above or the Cave Tools meat temperature magnet to find desired temperature levels. Grill 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. You need to know your grill. Learning how to grill ribeye steak on gas grill is simple. I suggest 450 to 500. This will take a bit longer than maximum heat, but it is more controllable for the more fragile steaks like filet and ribeye. After grilling it over direct heat for just a few minutes, we set them aside and waited until they reach 50°C. Now all you have to do is grill it to the taste you desire. How to Grill a Strip Steak on a Gas Grill It can come with the rib or boneless. One of the most important steps is resting the steaks at room temperature for 30 or so minutes. Do you want more recipes from 101 Cooking for Two? A little bigger than a filet but in the same class as one of the top steaks available. ⇊ NEW COMMENTS MAY BE ENTERED AT BOTTOM OF THE FIRST PAGE OF COMMENTS ⇊ Comments are generally welcome on recipes.