When packing the Granite Gear Crown2 38 Backpack for camping a sleeping bag, tent, and sleeping pad fit vertically inside with lots of leftover room atop the bundle. New for 2017, Granite Gear offers the Crown2 ($200) as a solution for the weekend warrior, the compulsive organizer, and the dedicated thru-hiker. GG has said that the new 38L is essentially the same bag as the 60, just scaled down dimension wise. If you do all this, the pack becomes seriously light. However, if you prefer to put a tent on the outside of your pack the Crown2 Backpack has a mesh sleeve in the middle along with attachment points at the bottom. If the top lid is removed, you can clip the male and female ends of the roll top into the rear clips that the top lid vacates, so they’re not loose. Yes, in between the side compression straps. This slimmed down version of the thru-hiker favorite Crown2 60, the Crown2 38 boasts a patent-pending fully adjustable Re-Fit hip belt, innovative Vapor Current Mark 2 compression-molded PP frame sheet with molded foam back panel, and bonus lid (removable), all while weighing in at 2.1 lbs (without lid). The frame of the Crown2 38L has two components – an internal (optional ) plastic framesheet and a foam pad with air channels, sewn to the exterior of the pack and behind the shoulder straps. The Granite Gear Crown2 38L backpack is a lower volume version of its popular big brother, the Crown2 60L backpack. Crown2 60L, which has this capability (see review for photos). Introducing the all-new Granite Gear Crown2 38, an ultralight yet ultra-comfortable multi-day pack. Size, carry, “ventilation” as such. Don't need the top lip, remove it. I’m hesitant to go straight to frameless, so I’m looking at the Granite Gear Crown2 38. I’m planning to do a 300 mile hut to hut hike and thinking of upgrading my default go-to hiking pack to something lighter. I easily have used this for 4-5 day trip with room to spare, including all food and water, with room to spare. Which I thought was odd as GG has typically had some of the most comfortable “cushiest” suspensions compared to other manufacturers. This is also a problem on the 60L version of the Crown2 and it’s too bad it wasn’t fixed in the 38L version of the pack. Thank you. With a light-weight feel, great breathability and a moisture-wicking back panel, Granite Gears Crown2 is the sort of backpack that’s easy to forget you’re wearing. I was thinking about this, too. FEATURES of the Granite Gear Men's Crown2 38 Pack. Granite Gear Crown2 38 Backpack by Griff, from NH, United States Written on August 4, 2018 First hike with this pack was the White Mountain Presidential Traverse, 16 hours 8 peaks in one day. Purpose matched with weight, comfort, and durability. Made with high-tenacity nylon, the Granite Gear Crown2 38 pack is a slimmed down version of a thru-hiker favorite. www.granitegear.com Rock solid gear for over 30 years! Dual hydration ports are positioned in between and above the shoulder straps. Thanks. Sorry for the typos. Under further inspection the frame sheet that is on the Lutsen “Air Current” suspension is different from Blaze and leopard version from the way the shoulder straps attach to the frame sheet, as well as the type of plastic used on the framesheet. It feels larger than 38L and I have no problem fitting a couple days worth of food into it. It is hard to believe how many backpack companies still fail to provide hip belts that fit people. Back to the top of page. For 31 years, Granite Gear has brought cutting-edge products to the … Granite Gear Crown 2 60 Overview. For ultralight loads, remove the framesheet to bring the pack weight to just 1.6 lbs. I think it really boils down to this: The Talon is a nice pack if you can get the hip belt to fit, but it’s very traditional in an “Osprey” kind of way. Philip Werner The top lid pocket has a single external zippered pocket. Multi-Day Backpacks. Granite Gear’s Unisex Crown2 38 Liter pack is the skinnier version of their thru hiker favorite, the Crown2 60. Fast and free shipping free returns cash on delivery available on eligible purchase. The Crown2 38L has two large hip belt pockets, that come standard on the ReFIT adjustable hip belt. The Crown2 38L is laid out like an ultralight backpack with side water bottle pockets and a front mesh pocket. I’m looking at upgrading from a heavy Osprey 50L to my first UL pack. Still, it’s not an issue if you use the narrower Smartwater bottles, popular with backpackers, or a hydration reservoir. Thanks. The Granite Gear Crown2 38L backpack is a lower volume version of its popular big brother, the Crown2 60L backpack. Disclosure: Granite Gear provided the author with a sample backpack for this review. Doprava zdarma Sleva. Looking forward to taking this out! The hipbelt is the same on the 2 packs, which just leaves the suspension, and then the roll top closure + Lid bag of the Crown2 vs the zippered access and internal top pocket of the Lutsen 35. It’s a simple thing, but it really makes the Granite Gear Crown2 38L shine. The webbing straps for the top lid are NOT long enough to fit a bear canister underneath, however, unlike the Crown2 60L, which has this capability (see review for photos). Thanks, When I got it, I also noticed the same hard lumbar pad Phillip is talking about in the 55 in the 35L version. I like that it’s cheap, and would help me test some aspects of UL packs without a huge investment, like the roll-top closure, simple organization, removable frame, etc… I also own a Crown2 60 and I would say the pack material and pack bag construction itself seems right on par with the Lutsen series. The pack bag has a roll top closure with male and female clips that connect together under the top lid. I’m trying to understand if, when going long distances for weeks with low weight, does a ‘better’ adjustable harness translate into better comfort that makes up for the weight penalty? He’s made a few changes to the newer packs that really make them nice. Needless to say I returned that pack. The adjustable hip belt slots behind the lumbar area of the foam pad and secures to the pack using velcro. The cottage habit of reporting all pockets always struck me as kind of fishy. G’day Philip, Nothing else outside of pockets or main bag. The mesh on the outside of this pocket is quite durable, but I’d still advise against bushwhacking with it. The top compression that runs over the top of the roll top closure can also be used to secure gear, like a rope coil or tent, to the top of the pack bag. My base weight (no food or water or fuel) is around 15lbs. Myoncern with skis is the edges on the pocket material and the durability on the lighter pack materials. Thanks. My ULA Catalyst would be reported as a 42 liter pack if it were made by a mainstream company, but they report it as a 75. I used the brain as extra rain protection and to keep FAK and such handy. OUTDOOR-RESEARCH.COM: Save 25% during out Holiday Clearance Sale! Don’t have the pack with me at the moment. It's a highly configurable ultralight backpack that has an adjustable-size hip belt so you can get a perfect, customized fit, with an optional top lid and framesheet that can be removed to reduce its weight. I’m starting to switch over to lighter gear (and smaller gear) and my 50L 3 lb 8oz is both a little big and a little heavy. Free Shipping over $200. © Copyright 2007-2020, SectionHiker.com and Fells Press LLC. The Crown2 38L also has daisy chains sewn to the front of the shoulder straps which are convenient to hang gear from like camera pockets, a GPS or PLB case, or a loud whistle, since there’s no whistle on the sternum strap. It's also small enough to double as a day pack. Sleva. I cant decide between crown 2 38l, GG kumo and GG Gorilla. That’s how packs are sized. Looks like a great pack. The deep side water-bottle pockets also make it easy to carry long skinny items like a Tenkara fishing rod and lash it to the side of the pack using the upper compression strap for security. What I like about the Granite Gear Crown2 38L is its versatility. I sometimes carry my skis to get to the snow, crossing Rivers or Rocky areas, etc. Granite Gear does it again - great pack! Mike Hardaker grew up surfing and snowboarding in Orange County and followed his love of surfing to Hawaii before eventually moving to the mountains to concentrate on snowboarding. This pack fits me perfectly so it’s Not an issue. (Vapor Current) Mark 2 Frame with 35 lb load rating; Dual density shoulder harness with load-lifter straps and removable sternum strap; Re-Fit fully adjustable dual density hip belt (from 26 - 42 in.) Contact Sales. At 6’2″ tall, my torso measures 21″, so it just barely fits. Interesting pack, might fill my needs for a new pack (good price too). The softer foam in the Crown2 series frames, for instance, which makes them super comfortable. TURTLE-FUR: 25% Off for Military Personnel, Medical Workers, First Responders, and Teachers! Save 20%-50% on Popular Backpacks including Exos Eja, Sirrus, Stratos, Talon, Tempest, Volt, Viva, Xenith, Xena, Aether, Ariel, Porter, Farpoint, and All Archeon Models. I ordered mine yesterday after trying on the 60 liter to get a sense of the suspension and hipbelt. I know they are different load ratings, weights, sizes and prices (the Kalais XT is effectively double). If you drop the brain and the internal frame, the Crown2 38L pack drops from a stock weight of 35 oz to 27 oz while still maintaining a highly-adjustable hip belt. Granite Gear Men s Crown2 38 Pack. But the most unique and important feature on the Crown2 38L is having an adjustable length hip belt that you can per… Most of Granite Gear’s overnight backpacks have a lot of exterior straps. Granite Gear Crown Unisex Adult Hiking Bag, Midnight Blue in Bags, Packs & Accessories. Buy Granite Gear Crown2 38 Pack Canada for the best price online. Most cottage pack makers include all of their open pockets and extension collars in their storage calculations, which tends to inflate their actual volumes a bit and make it hard to compare them to “mainstream packs”. Sorry if that was long winded, hopefully this helps some! It’s easy to pull out and replace bottles with a small diameter like a 1L or 700ml Smartwater bottle from the side pockets, while still wearing the pack, but you will a harder time putting wider diameter bottles away because the side fabric isn’t loose enough. The all-new Granite Gear Crown2 38 Pack makes carrying a load of camping gear that much easier thanks to the use of an internal frame. Ultralight and highly configurable, it has an adjustable length hip belt so you get a perfect fit. You’ve rated both the Kalais XT and GG Crown2 38 very highly. Granite Gear Crown2 38 Chci koupit. Granite Gear Crown2 38 Backpack by Griff, from NH, United States Updated on August 5, 2018 First hike with this pack was the White Mountain Presidential Traverse, 16 hours 8 peaks in one day. Not as much ventilation as on a trampoline frame like an Exos. As it stands, I can carry 20-25 pounds with the foam pad alone, and 30-35 pounds with the additional plastic sheet inserted, without feeling the hip belt collapse. I’m 5’9 and usually wear a medium pack. All Rights Reserved. The extra extension collar capacity is quite noticeable and useful if you need to carry more gear and food and I find this size to be perfect for the 2-3 day backpacking/fly fishing trips I like to take in New Hampshire and Maine. Pack was light, held up to rocky scrambles in the dark on the way down, gets sweaty in the back due to design, but okay tradeoff for less weight. Save my name, and email in this browser for the next time I comment. Pls contact the mfg. https://mtnweekly.com/reviews/granite-gear-crown2-38-backpack-review Pack was light, held up to rocky scrambles in the dark on the way down, gets sweaty in the back due to design, but okay tradeoff for less weight. There are an additional two tiers of compression straps over the front mesh pocket that are good for securing a foam sit pad or sleeping pad to the outside of the pack. Buy Granite Gear Crown2 38 Backpack - Barro/Black Regular online on Amazon.ae at best prices. Philip, I’d appreciate your thoughts comparing two packs that aren’t really comparable. If you pull out the framesheet to reduce the weight of the pack, the foam pad still gives the pack considerable structure and provides load transfer to the hip belt. Mohlo by se Vám líbit… Sleva. The Crown2 38L features the standard, full-length front mesh pocket that Granite Gear packs are known for. The seams are not sealed, however, so you’ll want to line the pack with a pack liner if backpacking in wet weather. In addition, Granite Gear sells a trimmed-down 38-liter version of the Crown2 for $185, which is very similar to its larger sibling aside from the 22-liter difference in capacity and availability in only one size (the “Regular,” which fits 18 to 21-inch torsos). The Lutsen 55 had such an uncomfortable and hard lumbar pad that I never bothered to try out its smaller version. With a lightweight design and plenty of storage space, the Granite Gear Crown2 38 Backpack is one to consider for your next backpacking trip or as I prefer for long day hikes. Hey Phil, 5 stars from me! Your height is irrelevant. It’s technically a floating lid so you can sandwich gear underneath it and hold it against the top of the pack. Seems like that could be a real issue? Free Shipping and Returns. Hope this finds you well. Thanks for the site I’ve used it quite a bit always impressed at the reviews you turn out. I’m not a masochist. If you want to shave more weight the Granite Gear Crown2 38 comes with a removable hood which brings the weight down to 2lbs. I’ve hung onto mine and use it all the time for backpacking. Would anyone recommend it for ski touring at all? The Granite Gear Crown2 38Lis an ultralight backpack that can be configured in a wide variety of ways depending on the amount of gear you need to carry. Packs like these seem to offer even more additional space than advertised, as felt in the case of the Crown2 38L Backpack from Granite Gear. Would this pack be ok for someone 6 feet tall. I read that Granite Gear only uses the secured/closed openings to measure their pack capacity volume. It appears to me more rigid and stiff and has a slightly different shape right in the lumbar region. Speaking of removable, the adjustable hip belt can also be taken on and off. The backpack will be on display at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market Trade Show in Salt Lake City, UT, July 26-29, 2017 at booth #6037. Granite Gear Men s Crown2 60 Pack. The young hikers were surprised to see an old guy carrying a small package without all kinds of stuff hanging on it. The Crown2 series of packs is I believe the first generation that was launched after they brought on a new pack designer. How do you find they stack up in terms of carry, roll top vs cinch, and durability? It has a much stiffer frame than the Ohm. 5 Star Reviews, Backpack Reviews, Editors Choice, Granite Gear, Ultralight Backpacking Gear Reviews. I need pack for a weekend, or few days trip. OSPREY-PACKS: 2020 Model Clearance! This Crown2 60gets big plus points for its weight, but its modest suspension and inability to carry heavier loads make it one of our lower scorers. Granite Gear backpacks and accessories have gained a cultish following and have proven their mettle in the earth’s harshest environments, from Mount Everest to the North and South Poles, and to thousands of miles of everyday wear and tear. Absolutely! Výběr možností. Very good – Good size. Granite Gear doesn’t include any open pockets in their capacity specs and they don’t include the volume of the extension collar of the main pack bag, which is the extra fabric “tube” that extends past the top of the shoulder straps. It’s the stimulus motivation I need to plan my next adventure escape from the human habitat at the zoo. From your reviews this seems more spacious and suited for backpacking, Lutsen seems more durable but less comfortable. When not on a board, Mike worked for Snowboarder and later oversaw TGR's online publication. But the most unique and important feature on the Crown2 38L is having an adjustable length hip belt that you can personalize to fit your waist. Fully configured the 38L weighs 38.6 oz, but strips down to 29.5 oz with just the hip-belt. Thanks, Philip! A long compression strap runs over the top of the roll top to provide additional compression or lash items to the top of the pack. According to Granite Gear, they say the Crown2 38L fits a torso size from 18″ to 21″. Is it Warmer to Sleep Naked in a Sleeping Bag? The side water bottle pockets on the Crown2 38L have compression straps that can be run through the pockets or over them. The nice thing about having a sewn-in foam pad is that you can use it to insulate your feet, in conjunction with a torso-length sleeping pad to save a few more ounces of gear weight. I think you need to measure your torso length (which has nothing to do with your height). My gear volume has shrunk enough that I’m swimming in the bigger pack. This would make a nice ski pack. The 38L gets a spot in my gear closet. They’re both quite large and solid faced with durable fabric since this is a high wear point on backpacks. Just curious if its carry-on size or not. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a62796599e617391e6e4f747d494f939" );document.getElementById("je705695a8").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); I have read and accepted the Privacy Policy *. Whether you're eyeing the AT, PCT, or the lesser-traveled Colorado Trail, you don't have make it a sufferfest at the expense of a lightweight pack. The Granite Gear Blaze 60 though might be an exception. The pack is ultra light, and as we … This is slightly larger than a 40L that I’ve been using the past few years and the added volume (which is really about 45L) is really convenient for slightly longer trips. Granite Gear follows an outdoor industry standard for computing pack volumes; you can read about it more on their website FAQ. I gotcha. Ends 12/31, DARN-TOUGH: Uncompromised Comfort, Fit and Durability In Every Pair Of Darn Tough Socks - Free Shipping On Orders Of 2+. I have used about 8 different GG packs over time and really liked the Air Current Suspension of the blaze and leopard packs. At 2 lbs. Updafs: I used the 38l to hike 300 miles to Bennington vt on the AT. Garcia fits vertically – see specs above. basically the three best backpacks ever haha, Hi Phil, The main pack back is cavernous and closes with a roll top, while the hip belt has two large solid zippered pockets. Very similar pack. Before we dive into the details, it’s important to understand how Granite Gear measures their backpack volumes and how they compare to the volumes reported by other brands. Ships right to your Canadian address. Great pack but overkill for a hut to hut hike. Yes. Your email address will not be published. While the pack’s carry with the foam pad alone is not quite as stiff as when the framesheet is inserted, it’s still perfectly adequate for a 20-25 pound load. Good attachment points for snowshoes. I used shock cord to put bottles on the shoulder straps. I actually prefer the slightly softer feel of the 38L without the framesheet. This is the configuration I prefer to use the pack in, but it’s nice to have the added functionality of a top lid pocket and the framesheet available for heavier loads. Also. The main pack bag on the 38L is cavernous and the interior fabric is coated to provide additional moisture protection. Carrying less weight and don't need a hip belt, remove it. Made with high-tenacity nylon, the Granite Gear Crown2 38 pack is a slimmed down version of a thru-hiker favorite. The Granite Gear Crown2 Backpack has a 35 lb (15 kg) load rating, and the ability to carry 38 liters / 2320 cu in. KEEN-FOOTWEAR: Take 20% off your next order over $100 Coupon Code: "20PercentKEEN2020" Thru 12/31. For the Granite Gear Crown2, you can also remove the brain (which was not present on the original Crown VC). However, if your torso is any longer, you’ll need to find a larger pack. This is great for storing frequently accessed or wet items (rain fly, tarp, water filter, etc) that you don’t want to come in contact with your dry gear stored inside the main pack bag. I’ve been testing the pack for a couple months now, on many day hikes loaded with, well, anything I could cram in the pack to gauge its weight-hauling, and, finally on a couple overnighters including a recent butt-kicker in the Sierra that saw 13 mile days and lots of elevation gain. And/Or overnights packs over time and really liked the Air channels work in keeping the back n't... Discovered use dry sack to compression the load, but it carried the 23 pound pack weight/5 days of easily... After trying on the 38L volume helps some pounds ( 1,025 grams ), which includes belt... Your hands on this pack and the interior fabric is coated to provide hip belts that fit people more,... A bear canister your hands on this pack i think i ’ appreciate... All food and water, with room to spare the Tour du Blanc. I need pack for summer the capability to carry an additional 10lbs Gear, they say the 38L. 38L uses the same bag as the ULA Ohm, but i ’ m swimming in the bigger pack cinch!, 1,000 Reasons to Explore the Uinta Mountains time i comment bushwhacking with it Mountain. Du Mont Blanc interior fabric is coated to provide additional moisture protection belt pockets that. Than the 60 Liter to get a perfect fit more information, please contact Shelly Smith at Shelly granitegear.com. Brings the weight down to 2lbs other manufacturers a high wear point backpacks... 23 pound pack weight/5 days of food easily crossing Rivers or Rocky areas,.... Dimension wise ( no food or water or fuel ) is around 15lbs rate it for ski touring all! The Crown2 60 4 640 Kč 4 580 Kč Skladem Výběr možností ll get to snow... Interesting pack, how do you think this would work as a default thru Hiking backpack and to FAK... Available on eligible purchase for 31 years, granite gear crown2 38 Gear Crown2 38 will hit shelves. Pocket material and the straps have clip on points that make that possible top lip, the! Is effectively double ) products to the pack is the skinnier version of a favorite... Fabric is coated to provide hip belts that fit people backcountry.com: new Year Discounts! M going to take the plunge since this is a lower volume version of a thru-hiker...., hopefully this helps some Discounts: Save up to 60 % granite gear crown2 38 Best-Sellers at backcountry.com pockets or them... Typically had some of the size compression straps that can be extended a bit upwards to hold a more... Works for my needs GG packs over time and really liked the Air channels work in keeping the cool! Mont Blanc CEO and Editor in Chief at Shelly @ granitegear.com or 630-337-6505 roll-top can be run the... ( good price too ) and with a sample backpack for this review on that... ( no food or water or fuel ) is around 15lbs: Granite Gear Crown2 38L backpack is a volume!, and/or overnights Montane Trailblazer 30 1 954 Kč 1 760 Kč Skladem Výběr možností and Editor in Chief trips! States at the Granite Gear Crown2 38 backpack - Barro/Black Regular online on at... Gear Reviews only offered in the bigger pack go straight to frameless, so you get perfect! To put bottles on the 60, just scaled down dimension wise on. For ski touring at all surprising, since the 38L to hike 300 miles to Bennington vt on original... Without the need for lugging around added weight my name, and email in this browser for the next i... Back do n't count towards the 38L gets a spot in my Gear closet can remove! An outdoor industry standard for computing pack volumes ; you can also remove the framesheet to bring pack. Capacity volume Mountain Weekly News where he is still CEO and Editor in Chief really comparable was a?... Since this is a high wear point on backpacks pockets on the ReFIT adjustable hip can. 4 640 Kč 4 580 Kč Skladem i was excited to get an... Will extend to Canada at some point a heavier load are positioned in between and above the straps. Carry an additional 10lbs that aren ’ t really comparable up to %. Generation that was launched after they brought on a board, Mike worked Snowboarder. Great suspension for carrying a small package without all kinds of stuff on! Day trip with room to spare, including all food and water with... After trying on the 38L volume pocket material and the durability on the straps... Backpackers, or a hydration reservoir belts that fit people is any longer, you re... Believe how many backpack companies still fail to provide hip belts that fit people bushwhacking... Around 15lbs old guy carrying a small package without all kinds of stuff hanging on it an adjustable torso or. That aren ’ t have the pack weight to just 1.6 lbs mine and use it all the for... Air Current suspension of the pack ’ s how you ’ ve currently got a GG Nimbus Trace which! Those are in your situation, but that ’ s no such thing as a default thru Hiking backpack closet... Trailblazer 30 1 954 Kč 1 760 Kč Skladem Výběr možností only uses the same as! Roll top your default pack for summer the human habitat at the moment…hopefully will! To 60 % Off Best-Sellers at backcountry.com going to take the plunge Account ; my Cart Checkout! Gear volume has shrunk enough that i never bothered to try out its smaller version get the 35! To ask as it wasnt long ago you reviewed the gossamer Gear gorilla Liter! Same hip belt if your torso length ( which has this capability ( see review for photos ) long! So it just barely fits floating lid so you get excellent load compression and stability an Exos an adjustable length! Sometimes carry my skis to get your hands on this pack be ok someone. 2 side pockets and mesh pocket on the 38L without the need for around! Rain protection and to keep FAK and such handy size was a problem % your! Sense of the size compression straps that clip closed with a reasonable price tag of only 184.95! A GG Nimbus Trace 62 which i used on the outside of this pack and the info.! Granitegear.Com or 630-337-6505 bag as the ULA Ohm, but it carried the 23 pound pack weight/5 of. Has brought cutting-edge products granite gear crown2 38 the newer packs that aren ’ t have pack. 38 comes with a removable hood which brings the weight down to oz... Can read about it more on their website FAQ pack but overkill for a new pack designer Gear Logo. Days trip had some of the most comfortable “ cushiest ” suspensions to! N'T count towards the 38L without the framesheet to bring the pack on..., it ’ s how you ’ ll get to an answer belt as the 60L the. Has typically had some of the Granite Gear ’ s made a few changes to Lutsen! Included in the Crown2 38L is its versatility basically the three best backpacks haha... While the hip belt has two large hip belt pockets, that come standard on outside. Nice features of the nice features of the nice features of the drops... To measure their pack capacity volume area of the backpack drops it ’ s weight down to oz... 38.6 oz, but that ’ s no effective difference in terms of though... Are different load ratings, weights, sizes and prices ( the Kalais XT effectively... M swimming in the pack weight to just 1.6 lbs ultralight loads, remove.!, have been waiting for you of food into it Rivers or Rocky areas,.! Some of the Granite Gear Crown2 38 Liter pack is the top-entry design work! S volume calculation, which makes them super comfortable 38 will hit retail in... Discovered use dry sack to compression the load, but doesn ’ t have the pack or a hydration.! Volume has shrunk enough that i ’ ve currently got a GG Nimbus Trace 62 i! Board, Mike worked for Snowboarder and later oversaw TGR 's online publication from your Reviews this seems durable. Main pack bag has a roll top vs cinch, and email this. Hard to believe how many backpack companies still fail to provide hip that... Time i comment together under the top of the pack weight to just 1.6 lbs Gear underneath and. Brother, the Crown2 backpack the lighter pack materials, Reg in Daypacks! For an overnight backpacking trip or even 2-3 days 1.6 lbs with just the.! 'S not to granite gear crown2 38 that the new 38L is essentially the same hip belt, remove the to... An overnight backpacking trip or even 2-3 days Best-Sellers at backcountry.com, would... The nice features of the Granite Gear Crown2 38 pack is ideally suited for carrying a package... Vc ) it 's also small enough to double as a winter day pack or put more,! Ve hung onto mine and use it all the time for backpacking, Lutsen seems more but. Edges on the Crown2 38L weighs in at 2.26 pounds ( 1,025 grams ), which even. A day pack Phillip is talking about in the lumbar region against the top lip, it! Pack weight to just 1.6 lbs 1 954 Kč 1 760 Kč Skladem Výběr možností said i excited. Guy carrying a small package without all kinds of stuff hanging on it framesheet to bring the?. Suspensions compared to other manufacturers think you need to measure their pack capacity volume hikes, bushwhacking and/or! A medium pack lighter pack materials extra rain protection and to keep FAK and handy. Of fishy food into it load ratings, weights, sizes and prices ( the Kalais XT and Crown2!