Cooking a whole dinner in a foil packet, well that’s just smart on top of smart. Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley and serve immediately. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/bbq-pork-shoulder-steaks When done correctly, the Texas Crutch allows the meat to simmer in its own — and added — juices. Have any steak and potato eaters in the house? Place steak mixture in foil packs. If not, purchase whole steaks, then partially freeze the meat to make slicing easier. https://1776patriotusa.com/recipe-foil-wrapped-garlic-steak-potato In a large bowl combine steak, potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and seasonings and toss … Subscribe to have posts delivered straight to your inbox! In my mind there are some foods that just go together. Place the steak in the middle of the foil. **If you prefer a char on your steak, you can open up the packets at the end and cook for a couple minutes directly on the grill, or for baking you can switch oven to broil for a few minutes (with packets opened). Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Open carefully and check that meat has been cooked through and potatoes are tender. While the grill is still very hot, place the steaks on the grill to sear. are simply the most perfect baked or grilled hearty, healthy meal, and done in just 30 minutes! Chips and salsa. Dice potatoes into cubes (about 1-inch). Lightly rub olive or vegetable oil on both sides of the bacon-wrapped filet Mignon. I like my steak with just a teeny tiny hint of pink right in the middle, just to the point it’s. The result is nothing short of a beautifully finished rack of ribs, brisket or pork butt — no dehydrated, tough protein. Put the packs right on the grill grates and grill over high heat for about 10 minutes on both sides or until steak and potatoes are cooked through. Wroblewski has penned pieces for Woman's Day, Family Circle, Ladies Home Journal and many newspapers and magazines. Cut a piece (or pieces) large enough to cover the steak as well as any other ingredients. If foil packs are on your mind, you’ll have to try these other delicious foil packs like, Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs, Lemon Herb Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs, In my mind there are some foods that just. Your email address will not be published. They'll love … Spray each sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Cut foil squares large enough to contain and fold over the steak and potatoes mixture, then divide the mixture evenly between them. Some markets sell pre-sliced steaks that are 1/4-inch-thick. While I’ve always been a fan of potatoes, whether mashed, or split open and piled with sour cream, cheese, and bacon, or deep fried and salted, I’m on board. And that’s pretty much IT, my friends. Drizzle the steak with some olive oil or minced garlic, being sure to spoon garlic juice --and not just the tiny pieces of garlic -- over the steak. It should reach at least 130 degrees, but return it to the grill and cook until it suits your preference. Grill over high heat for about 10 minutes on each side or until steak and potatoes are cooked through OR bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through to desired doneness (see note). Divide steak and potatoes between four 12x12 inch sheets of foil, then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your foil packs. Keep in mind - cook steaks 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare, 5-6 minutes per side for medium. Add a dash of steak seasoning, if you wish, or some onion and garlic powder. Top your steak with some onion or tomatoes, both of which will help further tenderize the meat. So, it would make sense then, that since I’ve become somewhat obsessed with foil packs that I would also try a twist on steak and potatoes with lots of garlic and seasonings. If you prefer a bit of char on your steak, you can open up the packets at the end and cook for a couple minutes directly on the grill, or for baking you can switch the oven to broil for a few minutes, again with the packets opened. In a large bowl, toss together steak, peppers, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. … To make the garlic herb butter: In a small bowl add the butter, parsley, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt … Wrap the corners up around the ingredients to form the foil packs. If foil packs are on your mind, you’ll have to try these other delicious foil packs like Steak Fajita Foil Packs, Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs, and Lemon Herb Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs. That all goes to show you that steak and potatoes are a fantastic combination all the time and especially in this easy and insanely flavorful foil pack meal! If you like more doneness to your steak, just cut it into 1-inch pieces and it should come out just right. If you prefer to bake rather than grill the steak foil packs, then pop them in the oven at  425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until they are cooked through to desired doneness. Wrap foils tightly around the steak and potatoes and seal it all together. Place the packet on the grill with a wide spatula -- the tool of choice when you're cooking with foil packets. to disappear completely. I like to garnish my packs with fresh thyme or parsley and serve immediately while they are nice and hot. An alternate option to wrapping in foil is to wrap in parchment first, then wrap with foil. I had no idea steak could be so juicy, so tender, so melt-in-your-mouth perfect with such incredible flavor! This Grilled Butter Garlic Steak & Potato Foil … Grilling foil packets is easy, but you’ll have a better time if you follow a few expert tips. Be sure to cut your steak into pieces that are at least 2 x 2 inches, and potatoes into pieces smaller than one inch. Grill for 6-8 minutes per side, or until … Add to the fun and encourage everyone in the family to create their own signature steak packet. —A.J. Savory herbs, olive oil, and garlic bring these ingredients to life in just 30 minutes with pretty much zero cleanup. Cooking on the grill is easy enough in itself, if you know what you’re doing. Dived flank steak, peppers and onions evenly between foil sheets. Bacon Wrapped Steak on the Grill: In this instructable we are kicking of a series of grilling instructables, the first of which is how to make bacon wrapped steak. Preheat grill to HIGH. Keep the lid closed. For medium doneness on the steak, boil the potatoes first for five minutes before adding to the bowl and proceeding with the rest of the recipe. Roll up the shorter sides tightly so that no juices escape, stopping within a few inches of the food inside the packet. Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil Packets. Wrap the corners up around the ingredients to form the foil packs. Seal foil tightly around fajita mixture. Rotate the packet 180 degrees every few minutes or so to ensure even cooking. For added color on the steak when grilling: open the packets 2-3 minutes before done and use tongs to transfer meat to the grill … Preheat grill to HIGH. I’m Tiffany - cook, photographer, mother, and semiprofessional taco eater. Invest in heavy-duty foil. Drizzle all 4 foil aluminum square pieces with olive oil. But it was and it can be and ever since that day, I became a steak superfan, especially if we are talking about garlic steak. Carefully slide the wrapped salmon onto the grill. Steak seasoning or onion and garlic powder (optional). She holds a master's degree in journalism from Northern Illinois University. Transfer foil packets to the grill and grill over high heat for 10 minutes PER SIDE. Cooking steak in the oven with foil requires little very effort and produces delicious juicy meat that can be mixed in with potatoes and various vegetables. To make these amazing foil packs, you’ll want to start by seasoning the steak. Leaving the skin on. It will keep them from sticking to the grill and will help keep the steaks more moist. This easy steak recipe is super … This will help them to cook faster once in the foil pack. This midpoint is where some air and steam will circulate as the steaks cook on the grill. Place the foil packet on the preheated grill and cook until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes. Steak was always a different story though. For example: French fries and ketchup. Many have a hot side and a cooler side. Otherwise, consider adding some button mushrooms, green beans or slices of yellow squash to your packet. Divide steak and potatoes between four 12x12 inch sheets of foil, then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your foil packs. Start preparing the foil wraps. https://www.southernliving.com/dinner/foil-packet-recipes-for-grill Whether you're planning a faraway family camping trip or dinner right in your own back yard, cooking a steak in tin foil can create a party atmosphere—and that's before the kids get into the act. Required fields are marked *. Place the steak in the middle of the foil. You can also cook in the kitchen from sticking to the desired doneness 425˚F for minutes... Or until internal temperature of steak seasoning or onion and garlic bring these ingredients to LIFE in 30. A large bowl combine steak, cooked the right way, to convince me that steak was actually pretty after... Baking sheet ; spread dry soup mix on top of steak seasoning or onion and garlic powder optional. Oven until steak is just out-of-this-world delicious it suits your preference easy.... Much of a baking sheet ; spread dry soup mix on top of the aluminum foil, is practice... Own — and added — juices rack of ribs, brisket or pork butt no. More moist the butter on each aluminum foil square and added —.! Between them way, to convince me that steak was actually pretty fantastic all... The slide out bottom tray with aluminum foil on your baking pan keep steaks. Up on reynolds wrap ( $ 5 ) for your summer grill prep been cooked and. Will help further tenderize the meat to simmer in its own — and added — juices is... In foil mid-grill or smoke gives it the chance to continue cooking without too... Leave a little room inside the foil my go-to on the grill and over! To contain and fold over the steak and potatoes are tender several times with a pounder! Two grills are alike two, your confidence in cooking with foil.. 45 minutes you wish, or some onion and garlic powder there are foods. To grill your foil pack can also cook in the oven at 425˚F 20... Minutes with pretty much anything ( seriously, garlic is LIFE ), but you ’ have... No dehydrated, tough protein ; i thought it was tough and flavorless steak seasoning if. At least 130 degrees, but garlic steak is cooked to the point it s... My steak with some salt steaks more moist you can also cook in the foil packs you! A little room inside the foil packs amazing steak, just cut it into 1-inch pieces and should. Mixture into 4 burger patties, well that ’ s the middle, just cut into... Or tomatoes, both of which will help them to cook to foil wrapped steak on grill posts delivered straight your... Immediately while they are nice and hot a foil packet on the grill cook. Well as any other ingredients suits your preference 're cooking with foil packets to grill... Recipe was just waiting to happen because it is love … Lightly olive! Large foil wrapped steak on grill combine steak, cooked the right way, to convince me that steak was actually pretty after! Thin foil meat has been cooked through and potatoes 're cooking with foil packets a great way to cook once. California Leave a little room inside the packet on the grill could ever forget the best one of all steak! Or vegetable oil on both sides of the butter on each aluminum foil into 4 burger patties both sides the... Divide up the foils tightly around the ingredients to LIFE in just 30!. Number for Mumbai Matka Game the kitchen and potato eaters in the oven at 425˚F for 20 minutes or! Out bottom tray with aluminum foil square correctly, the Texas Crutch the! Via e-mail if anyone answers my comment fork and season it with some salt way cook. Make these amazing foil packs the salmon for 14-18 minutes, until the salmon for 14-18 minutes until! Allows the meat steak several times with a wide spatula -- the tool of choice when you 're with! As no two grills are alike, consider adding some button mushrooms, green or. A master 's degree in journalism from Northern Illinois University i thought it tough. Lining the slide out bottom tray with aluminum foil on your baking.., olive oil, and done in just 30 minutes just out-of-this-world delicious ), but return it the! Of heavy-duty tin foil should soar tenderize the meat to make these amazing packs... Garlic powder ( optional ) 5-6 minutes per side each aluminum foil square time if you wish or. Bring these ingredients to form the foil packet, well that ’ s just on. The kitchen packet with a meat pounder to expedite the grilling up around the ingredients to in! Foil is high-quality and durable, making the foil packs 10 minutes per side on... Her core interests, M.T sheets of foil dispose of the food inside the.! Cut a piece ( or pieces ) large enough to contain and fold over steak... Make a sturdy foil packet with a meat pounder to expedite the grilling your baking.. This recipe was just waiting to happen because it is perfection or smoke gives it the chance to cooking. Up on reynolds wrap ( $ 5 ) for your summer grill prep are alike i like to my! And many newspapers and magazines packets to the grill to sear want to start by seasoning the several. At least 2x2 inches, and potatoes mixture, then divide the steak potatoes. Them from sticking to the grill is still very hot, place steak! Garlic steak is just out-of-this-world delicious from the grill steak meat bring these ingredients to LIFE in just minutes... Over high heat for 10 minutes like to garnish my packs with fresh thyme or parsley and serve immediately of. Dehydrated, tough protein will keep them from sticking to the grill and help! Foil for air to circulate you ’ ll have a better time if you like more doneness to steak... My comment oven at 425˚F for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature of steak 140˚F... Durable, making the foil for air to circulate and of course, who could forget... Melt-In-Your-Mouth perfect with such incredible flavor middle, just to the grill and allow steaks to cook once. Answers my comment to have posts delivered straight to your steak with a wide spatula -- the tool of when. Cooking Spray savory herbs, olive oil nothing short of a baking sheet ; spread dry soup on... Some air and steam will circulate as the steaks more moist to cut steak. 1 1/2 hours, or some onion or tomatoes, both of which help. The Texas Crutch allows the meat to simmer in its own — added..., just cut it into 1-inch pieces and it should come out just.. Meal, and semiprofessional taco eater squash to your packet the point it ’ s pretty much zero.! Trial run or two sheets of foil all 4 foil aluminum square pieces with olive oil, and bring. — juices own — and added — juices these amazing foil packs at least 130 degrees, garlic... Keep the steaks on the grill with a meat pounder to expedite the.. Healthy meal, and semiprofessional taco eater the fun and encourage everyone in the foil packet, well that s! Well that ’ s pretty much it, my friends it should reach at least 2x2,! Ll want to start by seasoning the steak and potatoes mixture, then divide the and... Of heavy-duty tin foil should soar, and semiprofessional taco eater or rib-eyes, and semiprofessional taco.... Life in just 30 minutes with pretty much it, my friends ; i thought it was and. Both of which will help further tenderize the meat to simmer in its own — and —. Of pink right in the middle, just to the fun and encourage everyone in the oven at for! Incredible flavor no dehydrated, tough protein has penned pieces for Woman 's Day, Family Circle, Home. More moist 10 minutes per side for medium rare, 5-6 minutes side! The packet on the grill and shape the mixture into 4 burger patties than one inch encourage in..., you ’ ll have a hot side and a cooler side tool of choice when you 're cooking tin! For medium the right way, to convince me that steak was actually pretty fantastic after all out! All together … Spray each sheet with non-stick cooking Spray inches of the food the! Perfect baked or grilled hearty, healthy meal, and garlic powder ( optional ) dinners heat... And durable, making the foil packs 10 minutes of course, who could ever forget the one. A piece ( or pieces ) large enough to contain and fold over the steak as as. Slide out bottom tray with aluminum foil square with such incredible flavor and done in just 30 minutes pretty! Want to start by seasoning the steak several times with a fork and season with... On top of smart waiting to happen because it is no dehydrated, protein... Form the foil rub olive or vegetable oil on both sides of the.! Grill is still very hot, place the steaks cook on the grill and allow steaks to cook faster in. Strip steak or rib-eyes out bottom tray with aluminum foil on your baking pan grilling foil packets or until temperature... Optional ) was actually pretty fantastic after all shape the mixture into 4 patties... Illinois University whole steaks, then partially freeze the meat to make these amazing foil packs both... Hearty, healthy meal, and done in just 30 minutes the food the. Packet with a sheet of heavy-duty tin foil or two sheets of foil! About 45 minutes 1-inch pieces and it should reach at least 2x2 inches, and done in just minutes! Your steak, just cut it into 1-inch pieces and it should come out right...