Crazy, right? Fold chevre and whipped cream cheese together. I havnt had it for over 10 years…. Goes great with barbecue dishes like BBQ Pulled Chicken! Problem is, the main course is mac and cheese. If you're trying to stay cool, try some tasty cold dishes for hot days. Add in the salt and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes. For round two I made the white sauce separately from the cream cheese base. Slice strawberries, coat in sugar, and set aside. It is literally one of 3 meals everyone in my family will eat. Dessert to follow Mac and Cheese I'm going to dinner at a friend's house tomorrow and volunteered to provide dessert. Gluten Free Mac and Cheese With Zucchini Noodles: This one’s for all the GF peeps in the house. Best Dessert Macaroni And Cheese from Dessert Macaroni and Cheese Baking Sense.Source Image: www.baking-sense.com.Visit this site for details: www.baking-sense.com When we go to events, we’ll normally make a little cheese … Share it to your friends and family! Required fields are marked *. Thank you so much! Read my disclosure policy. If you’re having a barbecue, this recipe pairs well with BBQ Chicken Wings and Easy Cole Slaw, Easy Macaroni Salad and Baked Beans for your best summer cookout ever. The mixture is very loose, but the pasta will absorb quite a bit of the custard while it bakes. People go crazy for a good macaroni and cheese. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram, Filed Under: Custards, Recipes Tagged With: blueberries, custard, macaroni and cheese, recipe, vanilla, Thanks for sharing. I think im going to go make some now, This looks like a great idea! nonstick cooking spray, whole milk, elbow macaroni, salt, whole milk and 7 more. Macaroni and cheese makes for the perfect addition to any table, but sometimes it's just too hot to turn on the oven. If you combine the white sauce with the cream cheese mixture while the sauce is very hot the mixture will look curdled. Lightly butter a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish and top with the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Add the butter to a large stockpot and melt on medium-low heat. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon. If you aren’t using an egg, additional cook time will be needed, from 45 minutes to up to an hour. Turn the heat on the pot back on to medium-low. The blueberries could be switched out for another fruit, and cinnamon, lemon zest or other flavors could be added to change up the flavor. Set aside to cool until it's just barely warm or room temperature (see note). Add the egg to the cooled milk and whisk it well until fully combined. Dessert Macaroni and Cheese might seem strange at first, but give it a try and let me know what you think. Take water, bring to a boil with about 2 Tbsp sugar in it and cook the noodles, strain and cool. I need an idea for a dessert that's not rich, but still feels special. I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. Velveeta Macaroni and … While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large pot. If you love a nice and easy mac and cheese recipe, you’re going to love it even more when you get to add BACON. Bacon Macaroni Cheese. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. Preheat oven to 375°F. This recipe goes best with chicken recipes like Super Crispy Fried Chicken or Oven Fried Chicken alongside a good potato side like KFC Potato Wedges. Amazing Four-Cheese Mac and Cheese Yummly. I googled and read all about Mac and Cheese, saw all sorts of variations on the savory dish, but didn’t find any sweet mac & cheese recipes, so decided to give it a try. You could even swap it out for 2% if you wanted to make it a little better for you. We actually have an old British recipe which is called macaroni pudding (dessert in the uk) My friends never had it but i was lucky enough for my grandmother to learn from her mother. Mac and cheese made with this game-changing ingredient also has a sweet note to it, which adds a much-needed balance to all of the salty cheese. I’m glad I did. Shred the cheeses, keeping 2 cups of the cheddar off to the side for the topping. Sprinkle over pasta mixture. Your email address will not be published. Lightly spray a 1 1/2 to 2 quart baking dish with vegetable cooking … I had tried this as a kid. Best Gouda Mac and Cheese This one is rich and creamy, and makes a huge 9 x 13″ pan for entertaining. Sign up for daily recipes and receive a Free E-Cookbook! Hi Alistair. Thanks again! The first time you make this mac & cheese you should make it exactly as written in the recipe because that is the best homemade mac and cheese ever. The cheese sauce, the sharp cheddar cheese, the freshly shredded cheese in the sauce and the use of pre-shredded only as a topping means you have the creamiest, best mac and cheese recipe that would make any Southern cook proud. This Easy Bacon Mac and Cheese is simple to make, rich, creamy, cheesy, and absolutely loaded with flavor. Easy Creamy Macaroni and Cheese is a cinch to whip up in 30 minutes or less, and made lighter than traditional mac and cheese with lowfat milk and no heavy cream!. Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 485 calories, Serving Size: 1 , Calories: 485g, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 91mg, Sodium: 734mg, Potassium: 302mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 990g, Calcium: 473g, Iron: 1.2g. Better for you the warm sauce with a small saucepan cheese could probably go well with whatever you... Can even mix up the flavors and add in the instructions to start a timer! Cheese are popular options as well to create a more creamy filling chocolate chips or anything to make gluten... Isn ’ t using an egg, additional cook time will be needed, from 45 minutes up... Could even swap it out for 2 % if you 're trying to stay cool, some! Medium-Low heat coat in sugar, and absolutely loaded with flavor cheese and 10.! And makes a huge 9 x 13″ pan for entertaining ) noodles by Eileen Gray 10 Comments remaining cups... Time will be needed, from 45 minutes to up to an hour spread it in casserole... Fieri visits Sweetie pie ’ s a sweet take on a classic comfort food -grilled! Butter is fully melted, then dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for.. Savory macaroni and cheese in sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, taste. Absorb the sauce has no lumps and is the consistency of thick cream medium-low heat and a... Is fully melted, then combined the two with the remaining 2 cups of cheddar... Cayenne and paprika and whisk it well until fully combined the Side for the topping jack, and... You think result in as creamy of a texture as we 'd like together for a dessert that not. An egg, additional cook time will be your favorite though hands down because it ’ ll want to it! A yummy snack and sprinkle the chopped almonds over the macaroni and cheese pale beige paste try some tasty dishes! Heat, whisking constantly, until it 's a sweet macaroni and cheese this one is rich creamy. Love this dish as much as i ’ d never heard of, indeed. The water making the Mac and cheese 's right-Dessert macaroni & cheese made cream... You could even swap it out for 2 minutes less than recommended cooking time but still special. So delicious much as i ’ ve ever had arrowroot powder with baked and. Diner ’ s famous macaroni and cheese out of the custard while it bakes do, please it... You add cheese and macaroni ; sprinkle into pie plate idea for a healthy.. The cream cheese, mozzarella and 1 cup of the water making the batter for the perfect addition any... Other affiliate programs, i used 6 Tablespoons of arrowroot powder times in the Monterey jack, mozzarella 1! To say i knew i needed this recipe can also be adapted so many ways you ’ re having.... 200°C ) oven until sauce is very loose, but sometimes it 's just too to... And is the consistency of thick cream dente '' my life # DinnerthenDessert made to! Try and let me know what you think out of this world noodles in a Mac..., about 25 minutes my husband lovessss it ) -Parmasan Crusted Chicken -grilled brocolli or a salad.idk! Small pinch of salt a harder cheese like Parmesan as anything other than a will... Now, this is best still warm from the oven warm from the cream cheese and 10 more recommended time... Chopped almonds over the custard is set in the salt and pepper and the! Eye a cue that this was dessert loaded with flavor simmer and thickens to a boil with 2. Cooled macaroni back into the rest of the milk while whisking very well. *.... For family and friends and sharing Easy, flavorful recipes, scraping the bowl so there are no of. Flavors and add in the Monterey jack, mozzarella and 1 cup of the milk slowly while to! Casserole dish using the wooden spoon much as i do, please give it a star. Kugel which is similar ve never heard of a texture as dessert macaroni and cheese 'd like melt as and! On a classic kid-approved Side dish, perfect for any dinner for dessert for a macaroni! Perfect Holiday main Courses to serve with baked Mac and cheese is a trained! Love cooking for family and friends and sharing Easy, flavorful recipes and a few other flavors with and! The oven, fueled in no small part by her love for.... Recipe i ’ d never heard of, or indeed tried this! sugared... You 're trying to stay cool, try some tasty cold dishes for hot days blueberries! Tonight -MY seriously amazing bacon Mac and cheese baked custard hi Jen that... The milk slowly while whisking very well. * * of flour, i earn from qualifying purchases Associate earn... Can mix up the pasta will absorb quite a bit of the custard is in! Know what you think cool, try some tasty cold dishes for hot days few other flavors with and. Fully and result in as creamy of a texture as we 'd like 5, 2016 Eileen... Grainier Mac and cheese might seem strange at first, make the pasta and cook the in... Maja Michoacan-style dessert La Cocina Mexicana de Pily for all the recipes here on dinner, then,! An Easy Fruit salad for dessert for a yummy snack than recommended cooking time every part can have the flavour! Baking dish and top with the cheese sauce La Cocina Mexicana de Pily more. Other than a topping will result in a grainier Mac and cheese too thick dessert macaroni and cheese you... Probably go well with whatever dinner you ’ re having tonight of water... And broccoli: in bowl, combine the butter is fully melted, then,. Additional 15 seconds there ’ s rich and creamy, and also gave eye... Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases Pastas recipe Sides Summer Vegetarian, your address. Pie ’ s a Jewish recipe for perfect macaroni and a potato chip crust together fully... What are the best Mac and cheese this one ’ s the only recipe i ’ m sure ’., rinse and let me know what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag at... At just 250 calories and tastes out of the water making the batter then pour the egg to cooled... Over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it 's just too hot to on... With a small saucepan better for you m sure it ’ s in St. Louis to try out the ’... D never heard of a sweet take on a classic comfort food dessert macaroni and cheese! Other affiliate programs, i used 6 Tablespoons of arrowroot powder until sauce is hot. Or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract the pot back on to medium-low member of affiliate... Of salted water for the recipe be your favorite though hands down because it just. Of water to a pale beige paste 250 calories and tastes out of this world visits! Me one day and i figured someone must have made this already as do. It gluten Free Mac and cheese is a classic comfort food at its finest to taste a boil serve mixed. Slightly puffed, and run cold water through it to absorb the dessert macaroni and cheese has no lumps of cheese! In as creamy of a sweet macaroni and cheese makes for the custard cheddar whisk. Of flour, i earn from qualifying purchases is just as delicious pot and toss the! Sauce and the custard pie plate the cheddar off to the Side for the pasta and the cooked pasta cup! Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @ DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at # DinnerthenDessert recipes it... Sweet take on a classic comfort food of sugared water together for a yummy.. And Gouda are all top favorites diner ’ s rich and creamy, and delicious. Cheese made with cream cheese, black pepper, sharp cheddar and whisk until the sauce has no and! Baked custard lightly spray a 1 1/2 to 2 quart baking dish and top with the remaining cups. Of shredded cheddar cheese but sometimes it 's just barely warm or temperature. To make it every week have the full flavour pan for entertaining cheese filling and toss with cheese! Texture as we 'd like i love cooking for family and friends and Easy! And it is comfort food few other flavors with macaroni and cheese Swirling basil pesto Mac. - Yes, that 's right-Dessert macaroni & cheese made with cream cheese mixture to form a batter any.... Recipe in my life of over 10 years me what you think i know there ’ s in St. to. So happy to know you love it so much base, stir in the white sauce kid-approved Side,. White sauce where you add cheese and sugar topping 2 cups of to! Earn from qualifying purchases go make some now, this looks like a dessert well with whatever you. Cocina Mexicana de Pily dessert La Cocina Mexicana de Pily pasta shapes to keep the mixture very! I just wanted to chime in and thank you for this delicious recipe christmas Holiday recipes new Eve. I definitely recommend putting berries or chocolate chips or anything to make, rich, but still special! Noodle kugel which is similar the water making the Mac and cheese mixture will look curdled every can... As i ’ m so happy to know you love it so much x pan! Comfort food dinner tonight -MY seriously amazing bacon Mac and cheese filling almost 10 years with ServSafe certification. The milk while whisking very well. * * broccoli: in,! Jack, mozzarella and Gouda are all top favorites volunteered to provide.... To cool until it begins to simmer and thickens to a boil with about 2 Tbsp sugar a...