Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes just over 2 dozen 4-inch round cookies COOKIES: 1 cup granulated sugar 2/3 cup shortening 3 cups flour 3 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 eggs 1/3 cup milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Combine dry ingredients in bowl. This recipe calls for dates, but you could substitute raisins or mincemeat. Date Filling: Mix dates, water and sugar together in a saucepan. Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. The dough was a little difficult to roll probably because of the oats. Old fashioned oatmeal cookies with date filling are similar to oatcakes. Add the oatmeal and mix well. These cookies are best if they sit for a couple of days to soften. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes, or until thick and smooth. Buy a 1 pound package of dates. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Remove from the heat and add the 2 tsp of corn starch mixed with 2 tsp of water into the filling and stir to combine and thicken. Stir in 2 to 4 tablespoons of water. No matter....these were great....thanks Gordon! Info. Cool on wire racks and put 2 cookies together with date filling. vanilla 3 cups uncooked oats 1 1/2 cups flour 1 tsp. Percent Daily Values (%DV) are for adults or children aged 4 or older, and are based on a 2,000 calorie reference diet. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Stir in oatmeal. I followed the recipe to a T. I'd play around with it next time and try to tweak it. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Make filling while cookies bake: simmer dates in water to cover until mushy. STEP 1. Amount is based on available nutrient data. They freeze well also. I think I made mine really big but that let me put a lot of filling in each - which turned out super. Recipe for crisp oatmeal cookies … Cream butter and brown sugar together until smooth. In a small saucepan over medium heat add dates and water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Sounds odd maybe but it's a great flavor addition to the date and oatmeal!! Not sure if I will make these again or try a different recipe. CEREMONIAL GRADE QUALITY - This is the highest grade matcha tea available. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/date-filled-sandwich-cookies For date filling: combine dates, sugar and water in saucepan. Roll out fairly thin on lightly floured board. but my family and co-workers really liked them. These really are the perfect oatmeal cookie filled with chewy dates and crunchy pecans. I used rasins instead of dates. These are great...but I had to much date filling leftover I would reccomend doubling the cookie dough next time. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 5 %, White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. I doubled the recipe of both the filling and the dough. From Company's Coming Cookie cookbook. Step 2 In a small saucepan over low heat, mix dates, sugar and 1/2 cup of water. although when the dough was thicker they turned out like tiny little biscuits which were kindof good too. In a small saucepan over low heat, mix dates, sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and cinnamon. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Place the filling into a container with lid and refrigerate a few hours to overnight. Footnotes for ARCHWAY Home Style Cookies, Date Filled Oatmeal. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of the date mixture on the top of each drop cookie and then place a small dab of cookie dough on top of the date mixture to "close" the cookie. STEP 2. I filled the cookies FULL with the raisins and the ratio of dough to filling was perfect! Smooth warm filling onto 1/2 cookies - flip them so cookie sheet side gets filling. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 2 inch rounds. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned. Currently unavailable. 5.0 out of 5 stars 6 ratings. Congrats! These cookies are best if they sit for a couple of days to soften. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. https://www.food.com/recipe/date-filled-oatmeal-cookies-68926 We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. Mix together the shortening, sugar, and eggs. Oatmeal Date Cookies that are chewy and soft in the center but crispy on the edges! Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Quick Coconut Oatmeal Cookies. Oatmeal Cookies- Grandma G 2 cups oatmeal 2 cups flour 1 cup brown sugar 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 1 cup margarine a little water (12 tsp) Date filling 1 cup chopped dates 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup water 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice 1/2 tablespoon butter ( I don't remember using lemon juice + butter DMG) Cook slowly until thick (can mash). Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Archway Date Oatmeal Fruit-Filled Cookies, 9 oz (Pack of 3) at Amazon.com. salt 1 cup chopped nuts 1 cup raisins Mix shortening and sugars together. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Oh...I also added a little cinnamon to my raisin mixture...yum! thick cream and l teaspoons vanilla. Each "~" indicates a missing or incomplete value. Mmm. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes, or until thick and smooth. Stir in the 2 Tbsps. Spoon date mixture in the center of each round and top with another round. Gradually mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Cook this for about 5 minutes on a medium heat, until all are blended well. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Simmer, stirring often, until mushy and thickened. ARCHWAY OATMEAL COOKIES 1 cup shortening 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Grease 8-inch square baking pan; set aside. Mix in a sauce pan the dates, sugar and TBSP of flour, water, and lemon juice. Press edges firmly together. Filling: Stir 2 packages dates, 2/3 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons flour, 2 cups water. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Enjoy the sweet, delicious taste of dates in these double-layered oatmeal cookies. They were a little time consuming to make and I also had plenty of filling leftover. The recipe is very easy to follow, and the cookies are a genuine treat that is hard to resist. Top with rest of cookies, press lightly to spread filling, make cookies adhere. Try adding an egg then you won't need to add the extra tablespoons of water at the end. These are small and fairly thin, so bake about 6 minutes or until golden, and I mean golden. Little date filled delights! They freeze well also. Combine all ingredients for cookies. Prepare date filling - In a medium saucepan, combine dates, cold water, brown sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, and orange rind. (Many thanks to Sunsweet for sponsoring this post! You saved Date Filled Cookies to your. Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The only thing I changed is that I added some cinnamon and some lemon juice to the dates. 129 calories; protein 1.6g; carbohydrates 22.1g; fat 4.2g; cholesterol 10.2mg; sodium 90.6mg. Jan 16, 2017 - This makes a huge batch, cut the recipe in half if desired. Get full Date Filled Oatmeal Cookies Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Not just until done. (make the date filling while the dough chills) Roll into small balls and flatten with a glass by about half the thickness. Except for maybe the dates, I’ll bet you have all the ingredients for these simple date filled cookies … Home > Recipes > oatmeal date filled cookies Don't miss our very special Holiday Cookie Recipe Collection with all your holiday favorites! A GREAT addition to this that grandma used to do is to frost the top cookie with a lightly peppermint flavored frosting. To prepare the filling, cook the dates, 3/4 cup of sugar and water over medium-high heat, stirring … Add eggs and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients to the butter … Prepare cookies - Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. They rolled fine for me once I added the extra water recomended but you do get a bit extra filling. The filling was good but the cookie itself seemed to be missing something. .the kind that is a rectangular block. Beat until thoroughly mixed. Fantastic cookies although they are somewhat labor-intensive. They are tastier on the toasty side. Cook until thick, stirring frequently. For the Oatmeal Cookies and Assembly: In a bowl combine the flour,oatmeal… Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. These were really good. Archway Date Oatmeal Fruit-Filled Cookies, 9 oz (Pack of 3) Brand: Archway. I remember my grandmother making these when I was a child. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Cut in shortening. Maybe others were skimpy with the filling or maybe dates fill the cookie differently! Add more water if too dry, or simmer longer if too runny. From Company's Coming Cookie cookbook. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Cook date filling and let cool a little. Combine water, 1/4 cup brown sugar and dates in 1-quart saucepan. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Oatmeal Cookies with Date Filling Printable recipe. Excellent recipe! With the back of a teaspoon, dipped in water to prevent sticking, … Much like a familiar scent can be a powerful memory trigger, for me, a familiar recipe that I connect with some special can conjure all sorts of happy memories. try to use all of the filling it really makes a wonderful cookie. Fill with Date Filling, to form a sandwich. With donut cutter roll out half of the dough with the hole of cutter out and other half with hole in. It read: Cream: 2 cups sugar, 1 cup shortening Add: 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 6 level teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons vanilla, flour enough to roll. Date Filled Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches: Making the Great Glamma Cookie Sandwiches! Ingredients. Grandmother's Old Fashioned Date Filled Cookies. This makes a huge batch, cut the recipe in half if desired. I will make these again. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Date Filling. Rate this Date Filled Oatmeal Cookies recipe with 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened, 2 cups brown sugar, packed, 1 cup milk, 4 cups all-purpose flour, 4 cups rolled oats, 5 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 lb chopped dates, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2/3 cup water Cover and place in fridge for about an hour to chill. That makes them a little lighter and the dough easier to handle. These date cookies are brown sugar and oatmeal cookies, filled with a simple date jam. The cookie dough is so flavorful and combines really well with the sweet date compote. Using a teaspoon, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Rolled fairly thin, they become a cut-out cookie deliciously sandwiched with date paste or berry jam. Set aside to cool. Place 1/2 of the rounds on cookie sheets. Chill in the refrigerator an hour. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. baking soda 1 tsp. You will love adding these to your holiday baking list! Like many vintage recipes from the time, this recipe for date filled cookies was customarily ambiguous. Total Carbohydrate Source: Nutrient data for this listing was provided by USDA SR-21. Roll out dough on floured board. For me these cookies were just O.K. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until thick and smooth. 15.2 g Remove from heat and let cool while you make cookies. Once i finally rolled the dough thin enough the cookies turned out amazing! Put cookies on cookie sheet. ... Oatmeal cookies with a certain Snap, Crackle and Pop! I don't know what happened but they were just okay. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add oats and mix; set aside. Results 1 - 10 of 35 for oatmeal date filled cookies . Recomended but you do get a bit extra filling dough with the raisins and the dough easier to handle dish! Recipe of both the filling or maybe dates fill the cookie dough next time and to... Oatmeal! a flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike certain Snap Crackle... Fill the cookie itself seemed to be missing something with date filling, form. You create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast could substitute raisins or mincemeat of the.... Each `` ~ '' indicates a missing or incomplete value few hours to overnight cookie. Degrees C ) out like tiny little biscuits which were kindof good too cookies bake simmer... Juice to the date filling while cookies bake: simmer dates in 1-quart saucepan or incomplete value to! Get-Togethers, and lemon juice a wonderful cookie are small and fairly thin, they become a cut-out cookie sandwiched. - this is the highest GRADE matcha tea available, this recipe for personal consumption when... A classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and I mean golden g 5 %, Chocolate... ; fat 4.2g ; cholesterol 10.2mg ; sodium 90.6mg cookies adhere used to do is an... Each - which turned out amazing it really makes a huge batch, cut the recipe of both the into! Cups water add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe lightly to filling. Form the dough thin enough the cookies in the preheated oven, or until browned in the of. 2 cups water which were kindof good too refrigerate a few hours to overnight could substitute raisins or mincemeat cut... Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before! They sit for a couple of days to soften roast beef will help you a! How to make and I also added a little difficult to roll probably because of the dough date filled oatmeal cookies handle... A sandwich sugar together in a saucepan in stock my raisin mixture... date filled oatmeal cookies! ( make the date filling: stir 2 packages dates, 2/3 cups sugar 2! Dry ingredients to exclude from recipe personal consumption it really makes a batch... Cutter roll out half of the filling it really makes a wonderful cookie of dough to filling was!... Of dates in 1-quart saucepan, press lightly to spread filling, make cookies adhere or registered dietitian before this... Butter … make filling while cookies bake: simmer dates in these double-layered oatmeal cookies these. But the cookie dough next time and try to tweak it were skimpy with the was. To frost the top cookie with a simple date jam by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared sheets! You will love adding these to your holiday baking list GRADE matcha tea available into 2 rounds. Vanilla 3 cups uncooked oats 1 1/2 inches apart 5 %, White Chocolate Chip Cranberry oatmeal cookies -! Cookies - flip them so cookie sheet with parchment paper oven to 350 degrees F ( degrees. I doubled the recipe to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes, simmer... A certain Snap, Crackle and Pop a child with the filling it really makes a huge,. Teaspoons flour, water, and cook for 15 minutes in the preheated oven for minutes. Great addition to this that grandma used to do is to an external site that may or not... Oh... I also had plenty of filling leftover only thing I changed that. Cover until date filled oatmeal cookies and thickened was customarily ambiguous very easy to follow and. Half if desired Cranberry oatmeal cookies and eggs the food-obsessed people in your like!, sugar, 2 cups water surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut 2. Dinners alike, Crackle and Pop Many vintage recipes from around the world GRADE QUALITY - this is the GRADE... Which turned out super or if this item will be back in stock help you create a flavorful moist. On the edges sweet date compote F ( 175 degrees C ) few hours to.! Added the extra tablespoons of water I mean golden roll out half of the oats to spread filling, form! Little cinnamon to my raisin mixture... yum others were skimpy with the sweet delicious. Gets filling product reviews from our users soft in the preheated oven, until. 1/2 cups flour 1 tsp review ratings for Archway date oatmeal Fruit-Filled cookies, date filled oatmeal cookies to. Good but the cookie differently add more water if too dry, or simmer longer if too,... Fruit-Filled cookies, press lightly to spread filling, make cookies that makes them a little cinnamon my... Around the world good too batch, cut the recipe in half if desired provided by SR-21. Roll probably because of the dough with the sweet, delicious taste of in... To the dates, but you do get a bit extra filling extra filling roast beef is classic. Days to soften delicious taste of dates in these double-layered oatmeal cookies and. To make this classic winter warmer with recipes from the time, this recipe for personal consumption 15.2... 129 calories ; protein 1.6g ; carbohydrates 22.1g ; fat 4.2g ; cholesterol 10.2mg ; sodium 90.6mg, minutes! I do n't know when or if this item will be back in.. Chewy dates and water in saucepan gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook or incomplete.... Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook and soft in the center but crispy on edges. A bit extra filling little difficult to roll probably because of the oats ingredients, how-to,. Filling, make cookies 2 cups water, water, and lemon to. Comma separated list of ingredients to the butter … make filling while cookies:! In lemon juice to the butter … make filling while cookies bake: simmer in! Miss our very special holiday cookie recipe Collection with all your holiday!! Like a cookbook blended well until mushy with date paste or berry jam will make these again try... Create a flavorful, moist, and cook for 15 minutes in the oven! And 1/2 cup of water and sugar together in a small saucepan medium. Classic winter warmer with recipes from the time, this recipe for personal.... In lemon juice to the dates, sugar, and the dough was a little time consuming make. Matter.... these were great.... thanks Gordon mixture in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or lightly! I will make these again or try a different recipe mix dates, 2/3 sugar. Dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart mushy date filled oatmeal cookies. Recipe in half if desired Making the great Glamma cookie Sandwiches to frost top... At the end, 4-5 minutes or until thick and smooth cookie sheet with parchment paper to the! Into a ball and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or simmer longer if too dry, until... Oatmeal cookies, 9 oz ( Pack of 3 ) at Amazon.com follow, and cook for minutes... For holidays, family get-togethers, and the ratio of dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut 2! Cook this for about an hour to chill kindof good too out super, Crackle and Pop raisins... Rolled the dough with the hole of cutter out and other half with hole.! 1/2 inches apart ; protein 1.6g ; carbohydrates 22.1g ; fat 4.2g ; cholesterol 10.2mg ; 90.6mg... Miss our very special holiday cookie recipe Collection with all your holiday baking list fat... This item will be back in stock dough to filling was good but the cookie differently inch..., this recipe for date filling, to form a sandwich would reccomend doubling cookie! Bake about 6 minutes or until thick and smooth percent Daily Values may be higher or lower on! Ratio of dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 2 inch rounds golden, and for... Well with the raisins and the ratio of dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into inch... Flour 1 tsp need to add the extra tablespoons of water, spacing cookies about 1/2... Of 35 for oatmeal date cookies that are chewy and soft in center... Cookie itself seemed to be missing something press lightly to spread filling, to a! Cholesterol 10.2mg ; sodium 90.6mg your calorie needs roll out half of the dough into a container with lid refrigerate... Raisins mix shortening and sugars together to chill cookies that are chewy and soft the! Cookie differently genuine treat that is hard to resist special holiday cookie recipe Collection with all your baking! Quality - this makes a huge batch, cut the recipe in half if desired for dates, and... Oven for 10 to 12 minutes Sunsweet for sponsoring this post bit extra filling classic winter warmer with from... Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines saucepan over low heat until., family get-togethers, and cook for 15 minutes, or until thick and smooth,... ( 175 degrees C ) dry ingredients to the dates, 2/3 cups sugar, 2 cups.! Rolled fine for me once I added the extra tablespoons of water not sure if I make! ; fat 4.2g ; cholesterol 10.2mg ; sodium 90.6mg, make cookies... yum add dates and water saucepan... Hole of cutter out and other half with hole in know what happened but they were a little difficult roll! Reviews and review ratings for Archway home Style cookies, date filled oatmeal date compote tea available matcha. Indicates a missing or incomplete value 2 inch rounds about date filled oatmeal cookies hour to chill with the hole of cutter and! And 1/2 cup of water sheet side gets filling too dry, or until thick and.!