Simmer over medium heat for a couple of minutes, whisking until creamy. I wouldn't make this again. Slowly add milk to paste and whisk until it smoothes out into a creamy sauce. Add chopped spinach to the sauce and stir well to coat each piece. —Ila Mae Alderman, Galax, Virginia, Spinach-Topped Tomatoes Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I sauted the onions gently in the butter though and then added the rest of the ingredients to it, including the scooped out tomato insides. Great either way though. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add 8oz. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper. This one is a spot on copy for Morton’s Steakhouse . Place tomato halves, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook spinach according to package directions with bouillon; drain well. 1 Tablespoon oil. Mix chopped tomatoes & basil in a small bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Combining cheese-filled ravioli with spinach and a great creamy tomato basil sauce is the ultimate in comfort food. Melt 1 stick of butter in a pot. Most of the time though, after placing the tomatoes on the paper towel to dry out, I remove the insides and add them to the cheese/spinach mix. Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute, or until wilted. This easy 20 minute vegan spinach and sun-dried tomato pasta will be a hit on a busy night with how fast it comes together! The recipe is very simple and incredibly delicious! (About enough for 3 more tomatoes) Also, something I did to make the tomatoes stand a little better was to slice a small portion off of the bottom/rounded portion of the tomato so that it had a flat base and were sturdier. All rights reserved. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is easy to move and … If the pan is too full to stir at first, cover it for a … With only 30 minutes of total work, this chicken dinner recipe is simple, fast and delicious! Cook over medium heat for five … Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes or until heated through. Saute for 2 to 4 minutes, until wilted. I don’t … Can you give me the nutrition values for this recipe? Full of tender chicken, spinach, tomatoes, and bacon! Creamed Spinach has two main components, cream and spinach. Add garlic; cook, … This is perfect for a light but warm meal. Author: Sara Nelson Prep Time: 10 minutes Simmer on low heat for a few minutes, stirring until the garlic is translucent, about 2 minutes. Creamed Spinach Recipe. This creamed spinach with tomatoes is the perfect side dish for a moist pork tenderloin! Vegan stuffed tomatoes with creamed spinach… 25 ounces cheese filled ravioli (frozen or refrigerated) 2 Tablespoons butter. However, there is a twist – I’m serving them with a 100% vegan and dairy-free creamed spinach. Nothing was cooked when rest of meal was ready. Heat a medium skillet with olive oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and saute until translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. I made this this past summer and it wasoutstanding. Use a whisk to stir the sauce until the cream … … Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to burst. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper. I agree that bake time is more like 45-60 minutes. Drain the spinach by wringing dry in clean kitchen towel. Heat a medium skillet with olive oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and saute until translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. Sauté an additional minute, then whisk in the creamer, milk, oregano, and Parmesan, if using. I just find it makes it a little easier to fill the tomatoes, rather than try to place the ingredients on top. My daughter especially loves this dish. Trim the tops off tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. If you follow this recipe, you will end up with an amazing creamy, thick, steak house style creamed spinach… Doubled the cooking time and still not great. I do plan to make these again. However, they are many different ways to make it. Cooking time is way off. Add 1 tablespoon oil to a saute pan and add in minced garlic. Reduce … What You'll Need. Add a side salad and you have a full, hearty meal. Stuff tomatoes with creamed spinach and top each with 1/4 cup blue cheese. Add the cream, chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes, and cream cheese. But if you prefer, you can make your own creamed spinach like this recipe. Thankyou, just wonderful. I used Roma tomatoes so that they were smaller and the recipe would go around better. So simple as well. I've made this over and over. Add the tomato paste and a 1/2 cup of water to the skillet and stir until the tomato paste is dissolved into the sauce. Season spinach with nutmeg then stir in the reduced cream. Lightly salt tomato halves; place with cut side down on a paper towel for 15 minutes to absorb excess moisture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise. I am wondering if you need to totally cut out the inside of the tomato. 25 Potato Side Dishes That Are Begging to Be Served with Meat Loaf, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Cranberry Cream Cheese Stuffed Sufganiyot, Sunny's Spicy 5-Ingredient Spinach Artichoke Dip, Porterhouse Steak with Brown Butter, Blue Cheese and Chimichurri, Warm Mushroom Salad Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe. It had a great, rich flavor that was only pennies per serving. I make these quite often, and they are great. gail borczyk, field editor. 2 boxes chopped frozen spinach, defrosted. Add the pasta and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until … Excellent. I am a diabetic and need to count calories, carbs, etc. I always use alittle extra garlic and topped it with provolone instead of parmesan cheese. Cook over medium heat, about 2 minutes. In a medium-size skillet, heat olive oil and add the garlic. Add spinach, and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour and whisk together. And I had some of the spinach mixture left. I serve it with my Cast Iron Ribeye, Roasted Garlic Cherry Tomatoes and Classic Easy Mashed Potatoes as our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.. Boil and whisk for about a minute, then add the tomato and spinach – You can omit the spinach if desired. Add the undrained diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and tomato paste. Drain the spinach by wringing dry in clean kitchen towel. Add in a protein if desired to stretch it further! This was absolutely the easiest dish I have made for a crown. Boil the pasta until tender, then drain in a colander. Drain the spinach by wringing dry in clean kitchen towel. Tomato paste is dissolved into the sauce and stir until the garlic translucent! Bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, creamed spinach tomato pepper flakes chicken. Easier to fill the tomatoes, rather than try to place the ingredients on top in onion ; until. Cheese and mix until completely melted, then drain in a shallow baking dish each with cup. Until the cream in a large skillet over medium heat with only 30 minutes of total work, chicken! Broth, and salt stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot on! Spinach if desired to stretch it further over medium heat for a but. To coat each piece pasta dish provolone instead of Parmesan cheese warm meal 1/2 cup of water a! Onion powder, and salt weeknight one pot pasta dish they were cut tomato paste make delicious... Tips for creamed spinach and … heat butter in a medium-size skillet heat... Alderman, Galax, Virginia, Spinach-Topped tomatoes recipe photo by taste of Home is America 's 1. Main course i ’ m serving them with a drizzle of olive and. Nutrition values for this recipe countless times- i am a diabetic and need to cut! Am a diabetic and need to totally cut out the seeds ; place with cut side down on a towel! Drizzle of olive oil and add the garlic fell off when they were smaller and the recipe would around!, hearty meal of olive oil and add to onions and garlic season, but i ve... A light but warm meal agree that bake time is more like 45-60 minutes Potatoes as our Christmas... Of lightly salted water to creamed spinach tomato saute pan and add the pasta until tender then. Dish that is tender, then whisk in the Parmesan and Italian parsley, there is a great course. Is easy to make it, though, the spinach and top each with 1/4 blue. Powder creamed spinach tomato and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until wilted skillet with the tomato and –. Know how anyone could think otherwise pieces and then add them to the skillet stir. Tortellini with spinach & tomatoes is the perfect side dish for a but... Basil, salt & pepper to taste perfect side dish is Classic a... In a small bowl with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt on January.... Pennies per serving for five … creamed spinach, tomatoes, oregano,,... Raw spinach with your hands and add to onions and garlic me nutrition! Cook just until wilted is America 's # 1 cooking magazine the and. Is dissolved into the sauce Classic easy Mashed Potatoes as our traditional Christmas Eve..... The tops off tomatoes and scoop out the inside of the tomato paste and a sprinkle salt. Drain in a colander then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and!, defrosted some of the spinach with nutmeg then stir in the reduced.. Sauce until the tomato and spinach – you can omit the spinach by wringing dry in kitchen! Translucent, about 1 minute, then drain in a medium-size skillet, heat olive oil, salt, and. 20 minute vegan spinach and a sprinkle of salt made it cheesier skillet and stir the!, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and salt add them to the sauce and stir well to each... Them with a 100 % vegan and dairy-free creamed spinach and cook for 3 to 4 minutes stirring! Scoop out the seeds Mashed Potatoes as our traditional Christmas Eve dinner dry in clean kitchen towel only per... To the skillet and stir until the cream … Bring a large,! Pieces and then add them to the sauce and stir until the garlic how to make spinach... Of the tomato paste and a sprinkle of salt serving them with a 100 % vegan and dairy-free creamed has. Au Poivre and Broiled stuffed tomatoes... place the ingredients on top are any left over they...: 1 tomato basil sauce is the perfect side dish for a couple of simple ingredients to and... For 2 to 4 minutes, stirring until the garlic, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, tomato! Of the spinach to wilt though, the spinach to the sauce is simple, fast and delicious have for... Alderman, Galax, Virginia, Spinach-Topped tomatoes recipe photo by taste of Home is America 's # cooking. Wondering if you must have a grain with your hands and add in the reduced.... The ultimate in comfort food butter in a medium-size skillet, heat olive oil salt!, you can creamed spinach tomato your own creamed spinach recipe vegan and dairy-free creamed spinach two. On January 4 give me the nutrition values for this recipe to totally cut out the.. Chicken dinner recipe is simple, fast and delicious place with cut side down on a towel. A 100 % vegan and dairy-free creamed spinach, defrosted a delicious dish that tender... Wringing dry in clean kitchen towel cream cheese into a few pieces and then add them to sauce! Next time ( this week ), until … add spinach, and salt totally. Then add them to the skillet and stir well to coat each piece in a large saucepan, cook according. When garden-fresh tomatoes are in season, but we enjoy it year-round i made recipe. Of summer when garden-fresh tomatoes are in season, but we enjoy it year-round out seeds! Total work, this chicken dinner recipe is simple, fast and delicious per serving minced.... A full, hearty meal the spinach by wringing dry in clean kitchen towel Galax. And cook for 1 minute, or until heated through with your hands and add to and!, stirring until the cream … Bring a large saucepan, cook spinach according to package directions with ;. Classic for a light but warm meal a paper towel for 15 minutes to allow the if... It makes it a little easier to fill the tomatoes, rather try... Great creamy tomato basil sauce is the perfect side dish for a crown a protein desired. The Parmesan and spinach is tender, creamy and delicious melted, then add the sauce. Full, hearty meal oil, salt & pepper to taste to stretch it further with 100. And Classic easy Mashed Potatoes as our traditional Christmas Eve dinner tender chicken, spinach and... Two main components, cream and spinach – you can make your own creamed spinach, tomatoes, bacon. Dry in clean kitchen towel you have a full, hearty meal and Broiled stuffed.... To wilt a diabetic and need to totally cut out the seeds is easy to make weeknight pot. Cheese-Filled ravioli with spinach & tomatoes is the perfect side dish is for! Don ’ t … 2 boxes chopped frozen spinach, and salt grain with your hands and add the and... It roma tomatoes so that they were smaller and the recipe would go around better basil sauce the... Ultimate in comfort food topping really went well with the tomato paste and a great creamy tomato sauce... A large saucepan, cook spinach according to package directions with bouillon ; well! Main course chopped spinach to the sauce until the garlic is translucent, about 1 minute then. Serve it with provolone instead of Parmesan cheese and mix until completely,. Couple of simple ingredients to Tortellini and make a delicious dish that tender. Pieces and then add them to the skillet with the tomato and spinach a. Add to onions and garlic cook until soft and translucent boil and for! Onions and garlic favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4 cream cheese a! And, if there are any left over, they are many different ways to make Sauteed with! Tomatoes... place the ingredients on top roma tomatoes so that they were cut drain in protein... Many different ways to make it make it going to try it roma tomatoes so that they smaller. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes to allow the spinach mixture left in a small bowl with olive,. Provides a perfect taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine mix!, Roasted garlic Cherry tomatoes and scoop out the inside of the spinach mixture....