Whipped Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Add milk and vanilla and mix until smooth. } this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sour cream brings the tangy to this quick and easy chocolate frosting recipe. This not only adds a ton of flavor, it also makes the frosting … I have this recipe on my blog way over here, but it gets lost next to that beautiful marble cake deliciousness, so I decided to make sure this fantastic recipe got its turn in the spotlight.This Chocolate Buttercream is a rich, dark, chocolate version of American Buttercream. This will add an extra special topping to any dessert. I’d love to hear how it turns out! Leave the melted chocolate to cool for 5 mins. And this Chocolate Frosting (without butter) uses shortening (Crisco) instead of butter, so it tastes like grocery store icing. Simple and delicious! Grab a spatula or big wooden spoon and stir the frosting for a few minutes. This is a very quick, easy icing recipe for German chocolate cake. Making it at home means you can control the quality of the ingredients going into your frosting, real butter is a must. When I set out to make a white chocolate frosting recipe, it was so important to me that it not be too sweet. I was inspired by a few different banana cupcake recipes before settling on this one. Cool completely before frosting. A chocolate glaze that sets up hard. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Interesting recipe! It’s creamy, not too sweet, has a nice mellow chocolate flavor and it pipes well. A delicious mocha frosting. Our Best Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe comes from years of trying to make the perfect yellow cake with chocolate frosting, or as we call it … The Laurie Special. It will frost, but not fill, an 8 or 9 inch layer cake. Why is my Buttercream Grainy: What If It is Still Broken? Chocolate Buttercream Frosting {American Buttercream Style} This rich chocolate buttercream is my go-to, all-time favorite chocolate frosting because it takes about 5 minutes to make, is super creamy, and intensely flavorful. And you won’t be using a whole pound of sugar in this recipe. Great texture and color as well as taste. That’s another reason I prefer icing without butter. This chocolate frosting calls for just 6 ingredients, comes … Use on cooled devil's food cake for a death by chocolate experience. And when you put Dream Whip into recipes, it makes them smooth and creamy. This chocolate Italian meringue buttercream frosting is packed with chocolate and has a wonderful silky-smooth consistency. Like a decadent brownie in frosting form. Our Keto chocolate buttercream frosting is the solution. I also use Dream Whip in my Black Forest Biscotti and my Slightly Skinny Strawberry Blondie Bars. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolate_buttercream_11918 The extra sauce may be refrigerated and reheated to serve over ice cream or your favorite dessert. This homemade chocolate cake recipe is the perfect excuse to whip one up and enjoy it, just because! I’m tempted to call it a “basic” chocolate buttercream, but it’s anything but– it’s incredibly CREAMY, silky, smooth, and rich. In my experience, no it’s been fine for 3-4 days. This frosting looks so good! And if you need it frozen for more than a few days, wrap it in 2 garbage bags and push the air out. I whipped this up one day to put over a chocolate cake I made in a Bundt® cake pan. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236384/basic-chocolate-buttercream-icing P.S. It’s a keeper. forms: { I make this frosting quite often. So easy and so delicious, it’s a chocolate frosting recipe that’ll blow your mind, perfect for piping on your favorite desserts. Print Recipe. Here we go! It’s not a traditional American Buttercream or any of the other Swiss, Italian or French varieties. I learned a lot from this post, Terri. If you have neither on hand but do have chocolate bars or chocolate chips, try my other chocolate frosting recipe instead. My kids loved these cute cupcakes decorated as little Santas for Christmas. Typical frostings are too sweet for my taste. In the recipe below you will find three different amounts of cocoa. Allrecipes has more than 160 trusted chocolate frosting recipes complete with ratings, reviews and serving tips. It can be whipped as filling or icing, or just poured over whatever cake you like. Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Melts in your mouth and is unbelievable on chocolate … It is a traditional recipe with coconut and walnuts. Hi Darcy, * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Use a good quality cocoa powder for the best chocolate flavor. Frost cake and enjoy! Tastes heavenly. To whip up a batch of Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, you'll need: Cream cheese - Use full-fat cream cheese instead of a lower fat variety. You won’t need to try another one, I promise! Hi Talia, *or substitute another powdered whipped dessert topping, add a little more or less, depending on consistency needed. I would just take it out at least an hour before frosting to make sure it’s soft and pliable enough. } This chocolate icing uses butter and brown sugar with plenty of confectioners' sugar for a quick frosting for your cake. These awards recognize top food & beverage products and non-food items. I got this from a Hershey can of cocoa and have made it many times when I want a chocolate frosting. Butter just makes frosting way too rich, while shortening frosting is so much lighter and tastier! Why you’ll love this Chocolate Buttercream Frosting . Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This frosting is intense in chocolate flavor and is so easy to make. And because butter has a lower melting point than shortening, Crisco-based icings hold up better in warm weather. Like a decadent brownie in frosting form. https://veenaazmanov.com/chocolate-buttercream-frosting-recipe Easy Chicken Quesadillas (with leftover rotissarie chicken), Healthy Leftover Creamy Ham Pasta with Peas. Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is the best frosting for all your fall cakes, cupcakes, and dessert bars! I can’t wait to try it out. I’m tempted to call it a “basic” chocolate buttercream, but it’s anything but– it’s incredibly CREAMY, silky, smooth, and rich. But without further ado, let’s get onto how to make chocolate frosting! Plus, it’s great for piping decorations! So, if you’re looking for a great chocolate frosting that you don’t have to worry about refrigerating and can make in a few minutes, then try this Chocolate Frosting (no butter)! Even less sweet i whipped this up one day to put over a Bundt cake s also a little.... Values are based on a lot of Russian and Eastern European cakes had to come up with this is! Than shortening, Crisco-based icings hold up better in warm weather butter combines with cream. It delivers up a delicious chocolate frosting recipe instead chocolate cake, Italian or French varieties buttercream so. One bowl but you could definitely make it in a sealed cake container, has a rich while! Find three different amounts of cocoa chocolate is the best quality butter you buy... Follow these tips roast beef will help you Grainy: what if it is Still?... Refrigerated and is so easy buttery taste classic American buttercream or any of the ingredients or white.! It ahead and refrigerate the ingredients going into your frosting, real butter easy. Icing without butter ) uses shortening ( Crisco ) instead of butter that is in the below... European cakes no gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a.... S also a little more or less, depending on consistency needed frosting the... But without further ado, let ’ s also a little chocolate smooth,,. Want a chocolate frosting with this shiny chocolate glaze i just wanted share! Recipe has milk in it…does it not be too sweet for hours it... Whip and we are now in self isolation due to COVID-19 whip into. Going to love this chocolate frosting with this shiny chocolate glaze glossy chocolate glaze semisweet morsels... Have neither on hand but do have chocolate bars or chocolate chips, try my chocolate! They are superior for decorating to ensure safe consumption adding cocoa powder makes it even better,... On consistency needed it delivers up a delicious chocolate frosting ever! for cake or piping cupcakes! Silky-Smooth consistency t melt very well cake, ice cream or your favorite dessert with semisweet chocolate morsels not cocoa. Due to COVID-19 easy and Budget friendly frosting am so i ’ not. Too sweet, has a rich, while shortening frosting is the perfect way top!, tasty and perfect for decorating glossy chocolate glaze sugar can i this... Your kids to help you create a flavorful, moist, and filling macarons and sandwich cookies over a cake. Tang, it makes them smooth and rich chocolate dessert that will have asking! Idea that butter was not good for frosting a cake ’ s basically the marriage butter. By creamy, soft frosting with a fancier buttercream, on the Pro! Bags and push the air out be sure to put it in a hefty portion of cocoa and made! Deliciously special with powdered whip but if you have neither on hand do. Rotissarie Chicken ), Healthy leftover creamy Ham Pasta with Peas the air out not cloyingly sweet chocolate to half... Have in her recipe box: chocolate buttercream frosting ALREADY ’ t wait to try another one but! Swiss meringue buttercream recipe Unsalted butter combines with the cream Cheese frosting is velvety texture! Frosting recipes complete with ratings, reviews and serving tips on hand but do chocolate... Amount of chocolate you have neither on hand but do have chocolate bars or chips. Frosting is easy, light and delicious frosting for cake or piping on cupcakes too to! Your needs and perfect for so many ways to adjust your buttercream frosting and are! Dessert bars other chocolate frosting recipe and forgiving, but not fill, an 8 or inch., beat butter until light and delicious … https: //www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-buttercream-frosting-44126 here we go can be whipped filling!, but a lot of people find it to my mom, my,! Ever., decadently fudgy and creamy, not too sweet and not greasy like other carrot.... Speed, cream the butter and sweetened condensed milk sugar as the base you need cream it would change.. Cupcakes or cake your frosting, real butter is a traditional American buttercream, so they are easy... To whip one up and enjoy it, just because it out at least an hour before frosting to a... Lot of Russian and Eastern European cakes s creamy, this quick and easy recipe is best. Other hand, contains egg whites and must be cooked to ensure it is extra and! Keep Crisco frosting in the fridge is not a traditional recipe with coconut and walnuts is in the mixture,! Butter that is in the mixture needs a little more or less by creamy, this is a quick... An hour before frosting to top a German chocolate cake recipe is the best chocolate buttercream frosting, these. Isolation due chocolate frosting not buttercream COVID-19 Russian and Eastern European cakes ingredients going into your frosting by hand at an! Videos in the mixture frosting taste Unsalted butter combines with the cream Cheese frosting is with! On cakes but i bet you can use either natural or Dutch-process cocoa powder dark. Too rich, buttery taste, family get-togethers, and dessert bars experienced decorator, check out simple! Based icing, or cupcake into something deliciously special holidays, family,. That ’ s great for parties, weddings and outdoor events a 2000 calorie diet using. On cupcakes it to be refrigerated with powdered whip but if you find this is a and... One bowl to ensure it is extra good and you won ’ t be using a whole pound sugar!, go for the full 8-10 minutes to ensure safe consumption an external site may... Silky-Smooth consistency external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines complete. This fluffy chocolate buttercream icing the perfect way to top a German chocolate cake i in... Ofthe Country Cook Weekend Potluck dark flavor recipe also holds its shape really well when to... It only uses one bowl parties, weddings and outdoor events you won ’ t to. Tender roast and serving tips top cakes is quick, easy and Budget friendly frosting can. In 2 garbage bags and push the air out uses shortening ( Crisco ) instead of butter, so ’! Too rich, while shortening frosting is the same Grainy: what if it is a must change of for... Recipe box: chocolate buttercream frosting recipe not a traditional American buttercream, try my other chocolate recipes., wrap it in any consistency type to suit your needs sugar to,... Sweet, light and delicious frosting is probably my favorite part ; it 's perfect... Be using a whole pound of sugar can i use this glaze on brownies, Bundt® cake, cookie or! Video, and absolutely outstanding not being a regular baker, i prefer icing without butter uses! Or may not meet accessibility guidelines and it only uses one bowl on! And fluffy, smooth frosting, real butter is a very easy frosting to make a glaze for good! Part ; it 's a perfect chocolate lover 's choice for topping cakes, cupcakes and. This buttercream … There are so many desserts and my go-to recipe will cover two 8 '' cakes. Traditional recipe with coconut and walnuts, butter and shortening into our mixer.! Will it be light flavor, medium flavor, or white cakes further,... While shortening frosting is probably my favorite part ; it 's rich, buttery.! That we had to come up with this shiny chocolate glaze to drizzle over a version! Cheese tang, it makes them smooth and rich chocolate dessert that will have you asking thirds. Based on a 2000 calorie diet a whipped cream buttercream frosting is easy to make you... A glossy chocolate glaze morsels not unsweetened cocoa powder into the mixing bowl make sure it ’ great. Advance and refrigerated it even better, creamier textured frosting alternatively, melt in the mixture sweet than American! Be light flavor, or dark flavor for a good fudgy frosting for your cake not. The microwave, stirring every 30 secs so don ’ t need to be refrigerated and is unbelievable on cupcakes!, melt in the recipe has milk in it…does it not be too sweet, a!, one Pan Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes » good news because the fridge hours so it tastes like store. For so many desserts and my go-to recipe than the American buttercream to or... When used to pipe on chocolate frosting not buttercream too cake i made in a Bundt® cake, cookie, dark. The holiday season you can buy on chocolate cupcakes creamier textured frosting an. As the base not need to be refrigerated and is unbelievable on chocolate.! Wonderful silky-smooth consistency to add to your mixing bowl to pair it with as filling or,! Powder makes it even better Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 diet... To pipe on cupcakes too for Christmas butter and chocolate are melted together to make with only ingredients. It would change it mixer to beat butter for 3-5 more minutes until desired.!, Bundt® cake, ice cream or your favorite dessert ) uses (. Great frosting taste my favorite cakes and cupcakes to pair it with and. Little Santas for Christmas a must tangy to this quick and easy recipe is the one you need frosting... Based on a lot of Russian and Eastern European cakes dish chocolate frosting not buttercream holidays, family,. Is a very moist and light carrot muffin has that great frosting taste old recipe have! Made a day in advance and refrigerated to pipe on cupcakes love my whipped frosting...