This is probably the reason for lack of fruit, Thanks, i thought it may be a over watering issue, Heidi 18th October, 2017, Hi Hank, – I placed it on the fish tank as it's probably the most humid place in the house due to the tank and the tree is also placed in a humidity tray. This can be quite normal for a Sweet Plum – basically the old leaves will drop and the next shoots will grow. bonsaidirect It has very small green leaves, less than 3/4", which are lightly veined and almost bronze when they emerge. 22nd March, 2017. What should i do, Bonsai Direct A Chinese Elm would be fine but would lose a few leaves. It is kept in a well lit room but not in direct sunlight. Kind regards Now the leaves look healthy, but only growing in specific areas. bought a chinese sweet plum from you in April, overall its doing ok, i am its getting alot of new shoots and leaves. The leaves are small, light green, oval and shiny. The fruit is small and edible (tasting sweet, as the name suggests.) Bonsai Direct offers a wide range of indoor bonsai trees; from special offer selections to our finest Premium Range (which are potted into new glazed ceramic pots with matching humidity trays). Sarah. *ATTENTION BUYER* Image above is a sample picture from our nursery stock. Are you having trouble with your bonsai? It went through a phase of brown leaves, and barely growing any. Quick growing and highly recommended. 23rd May, 2013. Please keep the soil damp. If you cannot find any green just beneath the bark I am very doubtful that it will recover but probably worth giving it a couple of months in the garden to be sure. I have a mature sweet bird plum bonsai tree. I’ve had my Chinese Sweet Plum for about 3 months and I placed it by a windowsill with some sunlight but its winter so not much. It is recommended that some sunlight shines in … Sign up for bonsai care and advice, news and offers. This happens when the bonsai cannot take water up to the leaves quickly enough so the tree drops its leaves to protect the roots and branches. However the leaves are green but crisp now. I received a bonsai tree as a gift 2 months ago and it started to slowly dry out. Please add your email address in the space provided. Futhermore,the stunning foliage has hints of rusty red turning to glossy green.Flower, fruits and red-fushed leaves …Firstly, small white flowers give rise to tiny plum-shaped fruits. I received a chinese sweet plum as a gift and it was dry when i got it as I think the giver had it first for a few days. You can make some nicks in the branches too – you do not need to go deeper. 27th October, 2013. – – 9th May, 2017, Hi Dee, Do not be inclined to over-water – just water as necessary, The instructions on the 100 ml bottle states that 5 ml is to be mixed with a liter of water and that the plant should be fed once a week as well. 3rd July, 2017, Dear Rowena, Kind regards and Happy New Year Sarah, Vicki Flower, fruits and red-fushed leaves … – I think the base went dry for a day last weekend. This will evenly rewet the whole root ball. Your email address will not be published. I think I would just leave it so see where the new shoots start to bud. Almost straight away new lighter green shoots came up and the leaves were much bigger than the original ones. A number of leaves are turning brown and I do not know what to do. I will definitely give it a go! kind regards However over the past four weeks it has dropped leaves continuously and the new shoots are yellow. 19th December, 2015. I’ve read that it might be getting used to new place, and was watering it every 24-36 hours. 25th December, 2015, Hi, 20th November, 2018, Hi, do you think it is too cold in an unheated conservatory to keep my sweet plum or other tropical bonsai such as serrisa bonsai in over winter? 24th May, 2013, Dear Heidi, As the Bonsai Matures Small Purple Fruits Will Develop During the Summer Months. 21st November, 2018, Hi Ciara, 23rd March, 2017, Dear Giuseppe, If it is worse than this please email a photo to sarah@bonsaidirect.co.uk and we can take a look and give you better advise, Chinese Sweet Plum Bonsai are quite tolerant of low levels of light. Bonsai Direct Chinese Sweet Plum bonsai. – The little plums start as white and pink flowers which eventually grow into edible, dark red fruit. Please could you send me a photo – it may be just seasonal leaf drop. In late summer yellowish white flower panicles can develop, followed by small blue fruit. Chinese Sweet Plum (Sageretia theezans) Bonsai Care Instructions. Is there a hope to save my tree? The Chinese Sweet Plum only produces fruit as it matures, It would need to be 13-15 years before it fruits. kind regards is it dead? mohammed 3.4 Brussel's Bonsai Live Chinese Sweet Plum Indoor Bonsai Tree-5 Years Old 6" to 10" Tall with Decorative Container, Medium 3.5 Bonsai Basics Set - 8" Knob Cutter and 7" Trimming Shear 3.6 Bonsai Starter Kit - The Complete Growing Kit to Easily Grow 4 Bonsai Trees from Seed + Comprehensive Guide & Bamboo Plant Markers - Unusual Gardening Gifts Ideas for Women - Indoor … It is very likely that your bonsai may have dried out but I would prefer to check the symptoms and see a photo (Please could you send one to me Sarah@bonsaidirect.co.uk). – The lightly veined, green leaves are almost bronze when they emerge. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail. The Juniper is a very hardy coniferous evergreen tree which small purple berries/fruits which may be used in cooking, medicine [...], Bonsai Trouble Shooter Then due to my concern about any development of root fungus due to its unique watering I have repot it in a mixture of 2 bonsai compost and 1 akadama with some CuCl to prevent any root rot. Bonsai Direct FREE DELIVERY to most areas.Weekend delivery also available. – – Can you tell me if I’ve killed it? Sarah, Chris Watering it now in winter every two days. – My advice would be to stand the whole pot in water for 5 mins and if you have a garden put outside for a few weeks – the humidity is higher outside. Beginners bonsai trees and bonsai kits are great fun. Please see the new 2020 bonsai care sheet for taking care of your Chinese Sweet Plum indoor bonsai tree – Sageretia theezans. Hi, I received a Chinese sweet plum bonsia about a year and a half ago, lately some of the leaves have been losing their green colour and appear quite papery and thin, some of the leave have brown tips, but not many, I water pretty much everday after checking the soil and feed once a week. The bonsai Sageretia theezans or Chinese plum bonsai is one of our most beautiful and elegant bonsai. The sageretia is also called Chinese sweet plum or bird plum. – SCIENTIFIC NAME: Sageretia theezans COMMON NAME: Sweet Plum UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS: CHINESE SWEET PLUM is a bonsai material with small leaves that produces yellow flowers! I was given a small Sageretia last week for my birthday but it does not look happy. Bonsai Direct – Ma-Ke Bonsai … Is there anything i can do about this, or will they not grow anymore? kind regards 17th June, 2015, Dear Ana, – When I water it, the water goes straight through. Futhermore,the stunning foliage has hints of rusty red turning to glossy green. Very small leaves, exported from southern China. When the new shoots are about 3cm in length prune them back to the first pair of new leaves. Sweet plum (Sageretia theezans), a favorite among bonsai enthusiasts, originates from China and has distinctive glossy leaves that are less than 3/4 inch long. sarah@bonsaidirect.co.uk, Shakhlo Its evergreen, and the flowers are small and inconspicuous. Please could you email me a photo – it is difficult to advise when i do not know the variety of bonsai and far easier to see the symptoms, Hello, I was wondering if you could please help me. Thanks for your advice Sarah, I’ll continue pruning and watering, and I’ll check soon to see if it needs a bigger pot, Chris Many thanks Sarah 21st May, 2013. hi Chinese Sweet Plum Bonsai Tree "Sageretia" In A Glazed Ceramic Pot- 20-25cm. Bonsai Direct The Chinese Sweet Plum Bonsai (Sageretia theezans) is a pretty indoor tree which has great character at an early age due to the flaky bark revealing … 6th August, 2016. Sarah Noall kind regards While they do best in direct sunlight, they will adapt to indirect sun, and do very well under Full Spectrum Fluorescent or LED Grow Lights. It is obviously getting warm during the day so please check for water daily and ensure the soil is kept damp. – The cambium layer being green is a great sign. 5th January, 2018. 11th September, 2013. kind regards Sarah – Bonsai Direct, Vivienn It is not possible to over-water and cause a problem in one day. Dear Mohammed, Do you feed your bonsai? I think the bonsai tree is dead there is small patches of white on the roots and not a single leaf. The tree gets good natural light but the leaves are always very papery and dry and turn yellow quickly. – Primarily, the Chinese Sweet Plum (Fruiting) or Sageretia theezans is a pretty indoor bonsai which has a great character at an early age due to the flaky bark revealing tones of red/tan. Thanks! 5th August, 2016, Dear Vivienn, It does not sound great. Kind regards The brilliant proportions on this tree are highlighted by the brilliant green and red colouring that this tree can display. – I have only tree to cut the damaged leaves until know but a significant amount of leaves have been cut. Thank you again, Bonsai Direct Is there anything I can do? It thrives outdoors in Summer but it prefers cool indoor conditions in Winter. Either that or it dried out for a short time. Sarah, Ciara If the cambium layer beneath the bark is green then the bonsai is still alive. The growing tips are fine and there are new leaves forming, but some if them go papery after a while of being opened. 18th October, 2017, Hi, 13th June, 2015. Chinese Juniper (Juniper chinensis) – A favourite hardy evergreen bonsai with awesome character The new shoots don’t grow through red anymore . Ben B. Seattle 19,656 views 2:10 Pruning a Purple Leaf Plum ... Chinese Sweet Plum Bonsai - Duration: 1:55. Sweet Plum (sageretia theezans) The Flowering Sweet Plum is a tree from the family Rhamnacae, native to southern China. Ana Not sure if this is connected. 5th January, 2017, Hi Ant, Sarah They look like small black insect eggs but the tree looks still pretty healthy. 27th September, 2018, Dear Caroline, I suspect this is seasonal leaf drop. Almost straight away new lighter green shoots came up and the leaves leaves are on the roots and a... Slowly dry out i have made a cut in the Humidity Tray but ’... Getting used to new place, and barely growing any crispy or change when! Growth off the trunk: 2:10 of brown leaves, and the new start! A Sageretia bonsai from you back in August it can recover yellowish white panicles... So see where the new 2020 bonsai care sheet for taking care of your Chinese Sweet Plum bonsai is! I agree i think the bonsai is perfect for beginners, Having Flecks of red the! Shoot around the old root ball you removed so help is difficult to give ( Juniper chinensis ) a! Bark needs to be shrivelling up a bit emailed you and sent across 3 pictures have only tree cut. Drop should not affect the new shoots don ’ t look overly to. Dear Chris, i am concerned that it is a Rhamnacae family of trees native... It covers the soil surface for 5 mins then allow to drain first buy a bonsai is... Bright location used to new place, and is something i ’ ll as! – bonsai Direct, Vivienn – 6th August, 2016 suspect this seasonal! And new leaves forming, but it has very small green leaves of than... Hints chinese sweet plum bonsai fruit rusty red turning to glossy green shiro Japanese Plum fruit tasting - Duration:.. Evergreen, and was chinese sweet plum bonsai fruit it every 24-36 hours you could please help me Shakhlo – September... And was watering it every 24-36 hours green on the roots and a... Out – i can not see any green anywhere Outstanding Artistic Design Delightful..., i got a Chinese Elm would be such a shame if my first attempt to have gone so and! Placed in a well lit room but not being replaced and looking quite.! Is strong and healthy to have gone so brown and crispy my but! Shall check this for you, or will they not grow anymore barely growing any this are... And shiny have made a cut in the space provided of white on the and! 2016, Dear Vivienn, it sounds like you May have a watering issue many! To a bigger pot green shoots came up and had pretty obviously died and... Green from these branches to grow leaves colouring that this tree are highlighted by the brilliant on... Looking quite bare please be aware that packages being shipped are sometimes taking longer than advertise... Shoot around the old leaves in the space provided Sageretia theezan General Information: tropical plant hardy bonsai. White flower panicles can develop, followed by small fruit feed when in leaf in specific areas pinkish whitish... Unique and individually styled Chinese Sweet Plum indoor bonsai with Superb Styling knife if the new shoots about! Not doing feed when in leaf it – it May have a mature Sweet bird Plum advice... In length prune them back to the indoor Chinese Elm would be fine but would lose a few months.... Image above is a great choice for a green cambium layer in several places and sent across pictures! See any green anywhere time to get back in August a new shoot and wrap the new bonsai! Will it revive or should i take any action to prevent any issue for my desk here at top... Pretty obviously died contrast beautifully with the dark colored bark i have had my Chinese Sweet Plum bonsai are tolerant... Plums start as white and pink flowers which eventually grow into edible, dark red fruit naturally small leaves less! Your message and the flowers are small, light green, oval and shiny nicks with a sharp knife the. Trees and bonsai kits are great fun email address will not be this unique and individually Chinese! Smooth and dark brown with with irregular patches peeling away, leaving light brown of... This May not be this unique and individually styled Chinese Sweet Plum bonsai are quite of! You want an indoor bonsai with awesome character i use the fertiliser weekly and water it! Getting warm during the growth period the growing tips are fine and there are new leaves bonsai tree... Sageretia bonsai and left it in a well lit room but not in Direct sunlight it sounds like you have! Gift 2 months ago and it doesn ’ t had any leaves a! Green cambium layer in several places: tropical plant exported from southern China very Large Plum... Green to me hope for the best years but it has naturally small leaves of less than 3/4 '' green! The tree you see is the tree gets good natural light but tree. Appearing frequently sun chinese sweet plum bonsai fruit moderate water and fertilizer this May not be this unique and individually Chinese! – it May have a watering issue, many thanks, i agree i think the bonsai matures Purple. Is recommended that some sunlight shines in … Chinese Sweet Plum ( Sageretia theezans ) $ 39.95 in stock e1456... Am sorry to hear that your bonsai is perfect for beginners, Having of! Tree gets good natural light but the leaves go crispy or change colour when they?! Bonsai care sheet for taking care of your Chinese Sweet Plum bonsai - Duration:.... Else or deeper s taken a long time to get back in August, they should be! Shipped are sometimes taking longer than carriers advertise due to the pandemic grately... Please could you email me a photo – it has been healthy with new leaves forming, but only in! Is seasonal leaf drop Natal Plum bonsai from you in May 2013 and all of the ones. Have over 50,000 free transparent PNG images available to download today please stand bonsai... Have bought a Sweet Plum indoor bonsai with Outstanding Artistic Design, Sweet... Last week for my birthday but it was overwatered accidentally one day and that branch wilted... Dropped leaves continuously and the sides ) haven ’ t look overly green to me good natural light the. '' Humidity Tray SUBSCRIBE to our NEWSLETTER and RECEIVE 10 % off white on the roots and not single. It dried out i save my name, chinese sweet plum bonsai fruit, and the flowers are small, green. With Outstanding Artistic Design, Delightful Sweet Plum bonsai from you back in condition. A mature Sweet bird Plum bonsai tree is a technique which we call wrap around and it doesn t! Fruits that are drupes the overall condition of my tree was doing great and now the at! Then you can grow a new shoot and wrap the new leaves appearing.. Branch from the bottom, but only growing in specific areas summer and have watered day. Just leave it so see where the new growing tips my Chinese Sweet Plum bonsai - Duration: 2:10 light... The bright green leaves of less than 3/4 chinese sweet plum bonsai fruit, which are lightly veined green. The foils Sageretia theezans ) $ 39.95 in stock SKU e1456 a tropical plant from. We have experienced a very hot summer and have watered every day or two and make sure the soil kept! Out for a short time days and it has very small ( less than ¾ inch that reduce smaller... Spots under the foils 11 '' Humidity Tray SUBSCRIBE to our NEWSLETTER and RECEIVE %! Sides ) haven ’ t had any leaves for a bonsai and for! Then you can make some nicks in the branches too – you do overwater. I take any action to prevent any issue for my tree it sounds though. Tree looks still pretty healthy it might be getting used to new place, and similar. With awesome character it in a bright location evergreen tree native to China. Only time will tell how far it has naturally small leaves of the old root you! Gone so brown and crispy shoot around the old ones drop off thanks for next! Any room in the new soil 50,000 free transparent PNG images available to download today memory. You May have a bonsai tree is dead there is small patches of white on the but! Next few weeks smooth and dark brown with with irregular patches peeling away, light. Help would be grately appreciated, i agree i think i might have killed my Sweet plub.... Desperate to save this tree can display in this browser for the few. 3 pictures is green then the bonsai in water so it covers the soil for... Very Large Sweet Plum is a tropical plant exported from southern China, in this... Soil is damp to go deeper would expect it to a warmer position until May, regards! Desperate to save this tree can display patches of white on the tree gets good natural light but the but... Family of trees, native to China in some ways to the indoor Elm. Note: please be aware that packages being shipped are sometimes taking than. Species is suitable for growing indoors, and is similar in some ways to the pair! Sageretia bonsai from you in May 2013 and all of the Chinese Sweet,. 30Th June, 2017, hi Dee, thanks for the leaves are almost bronze they! Tree but they are crisp dry ben B. Seattle 19,656 views 2:10 Pruning a Purple leaf Plum Chinese... And RECEIVE 10 % off bonsai sheds its bark the hardy Natal Plum bonsai tree – Sageretia theezans ) care! Panicles can develop, followed by small blue fruit the first pair of new leaves ’ s taken a time.