So delicious ! Is this not the silkiest and smoothest cream cheese frosting you’ve ever seen? Set aside. The cake was fantastic and I got so many compliments on it so Thank You!. 12 of the best banana cake recipes. Definitely recommend. Let me know if you try it! Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix to combine. This is the best and moist banana cake from scratch. Bake the banana for 40-50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean in the center. It serves 6 people. Cream together butter and cream cheese until fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. I just tried it. After about 45 minutes, I usually place it in the refrigerator to speed things up. Is it necessary for the empty pan to be upside down so that I can place the pan on the flat surface? In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Taste was good as I reduced sugar all the way to just about 20g-ish. 1 hr and 5 mins . How to make banana bread. If so, how do I need to adjust the baking time? Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. Is that okay or do I need to try to purchase a container that will snap close? Allow to cool completely. The banana cake is the BEST I’ve ever tasted. In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Would baking time and recipe be the same for 2 8″ round cake pans? This cake is simply unbelievable. For months, I have been testing out many recipes on the best banana cake, and this is IT. Beat on medium-high speed until combined, then beat in the mashed bananas. this is the best banana cake recipe i’ve came across by far! Just two pans stack together or just ignore this step if you don’t understand. https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/banana-cake-recipes-31167 I made a cake and there was enough mixture to make 12 cupcakes too. Had overripe bananas, so whaala…1/2 choc, 1/2 banana cake cake. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Happy baking! My 9 x 13 pan is more like a coated stoneware so possibly that is the problem? From banana loaf to banoffee tart, we have the best banana cake recipes for you... By The Good Housekeeping Cookery Team. Filed Under: Baking Recipes, Recipes Tagged With: Banana, Butter, Cake Flour. Does that mean the cake needs to be stored in the refrigerator at all times? The cake wouldn’t be what it is without it! Ok, let’s face it– are lumps ever attractive? You go Sally! If you don’t keep buttermilk on hand either, measure 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or white vinegar. It’s supremely moist with cream cheese frosting, tons of banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon flavor. In a medium bowl, mix … \The best banana cake I’ve ever had. Pour the banana cake batter into the pan. It’s also purest in its taste. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). A tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row! Remember that time I told you about the best banana cake I’ve ever had? Soooooo moist, nice and dense and I loved it. Picture does. https://myrecipeconfessions.com/desserts/best-ever-banana-cake She had some bananas going bad so I tried you recipe. Thank you for sharing! Please make sure the batter retains the air bubbles in the beaten eggs. :( Hi! If you have refrigerated eggs, leave the eggs with warm water until they become room temperature. This is absolutely the best banana cake I’ve ever had! Gently stir 2-3 times with a spatula to combine well. Set aside. Make sure the flour is fully dissolve. Mash the bananas with a fork and add the juice of one lemon. And such perfection is reinforced, she told me, when absolutely everyone who has a slice begs her for the recipe. Rasa Malaysia © 2002–2020 Bee Interactive Corp, « (CLOSED) Ninja 4-Quart Air Fryer Giveaway. Hi, I just made this and I used 8” square pan. Hi if bananas too wet can I add a little more flour or just increase baking time. The texture is also softer. Hi thanks very much for allowing us to make this woderful cake. If you want to make a 2 layer cake, divide batter between 2 greased 9-inch cake pans, and bake at 350°F (177°C) for 26-30 minutes … Your email address will not be published. Is it one pan inside another? Thanks! I only gave it a 4 stars because I also made the Banana cake with brown butter a few months back and between the two, I much preferred the latter. Place the parchment into each pan and coat again with nonstick spray. My husband made this for my birthday cake today – BEST birthday cake he could have chosen! Do not overmix. I have tried several recipes and they are all wonderful. PLEASE SEE MY. I made a single layer chocolate cake that didn’t rise enough for me to slice it in half (birthday cake for two). You can use a round pan or a rectangle pan (8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch). Mega banana flavor, certainly more banana flavor than any banana bread I’ve ever eaten. https://www.annabel-langbein.com/recipes/bestever-banana-cake/3486 However, my cake turned out to be cakey and slight burned on the sides and didn’t rise much.. Hi! Didn’t need to make the frosting, didn’t need it. So, this makes the frosting a little more silky. I’m unsure of the exact bake time, but you can use a toothpick to test for doneness. Since I’m so new to baking I end up usually having to research a lot of the directions as I’ve never heard of some of the terms used. Thanks for the recipe! Hi. (So is my boyfriend, who luckily, and unfortunately sometimes, is my taste tester) I do have two questions that I’m sure I’m over thinking is about serving and storing the cake properly. Thanks! Made this recipe for a friend’s birthday lunch tomorrow. And definitely more buttery! The banana cake was dense, but not heavy. Delicious. Followed your recipe except reduced sugar to 50g. Regards Nick and Karen Smith. Its delicious…I didnt even make the frosting but tastes really good, thanks Sally for sharing . Recipe is adapted from YouTube Brian Cuisine. My 11 year old and I enjoyed making it together. The cake was delicious and I love cream cheese frosting. I followed your recipe to the T, well almost. I also did it all by hand with a whisk and instead of buttermilk I used a cup of coconut milk. The former is a cake prepared using banana as a primary ingredient and there is no walnuts in the recipe. It won’t be as sweet without the frosting (more like a banana bread) but it’s still delicious! Hi T, yes beating the egg and sugar until foamy and bubbly is the key to successful banana cake like my photos! Can't spell Rasa Malaysia? Madeleines (with Pumpkin Spice) I want to be sure we get to enjoy every last bite. Cut parchment paper into rounds to fit into the bottoms of the pans. For the cake, mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork or potato masher until very smooth. Add in the second part of the flour, stir gently to incorporate. The first week of every November is all about Thanksgiving Pies. I followed your recipe for like 3-4X and works well for me. The end result is phenomenal and I’m so happy with it! For the best results, place the pan on another empty pan before baking. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. The batter will be slightly thick and a few lumps is OK. I rarely have buttermilk in my refrigerator, so I always sour whole milk instead. Everything is following your recipe, except I use a handheld mixer. Hi Joelle, I can’t tell you what happened since I don’t know what temperature you used and the quantity of bananas. I’m unsure of the best bake time, but keep a close eye on it. Thank you, this is definitely a keeper ! There is no walnuts in the recipe, making it healthy and lower in calories. It was soft and fluffy and the aroma was so intense ! This will ensure a softer texture. Can I make this into a 9” round 2- layer cake? It turned out perfect. I didn’t use butter. probably that’s the reason. You’re lucky I don’t hunt you down at parties and talk your ear off about… dairy. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. the batter was smooth and moist and the cake itself looks absolutely delicious! Preheat oven to 275°F degrees. Hi, Bee. Please follow the metric measurement of the recipe for most accurate measurement. In a small bowl, mix mashed bananas with lemon juice, set aside. As you guessed, buttermilk is the moist-maker in this cake. Procedures are direct to the point and easy. Will try again next time… :). Stick-to-the-back of your fork moist. Thank you so much!! Lovely and moist. it is 180C when I set it at 230C. You want to keep the bubbles in the batter so the cake is soft, airy and light. Pour the batter into your greased baker. Now every time I go there I have to make it for them. Cooked it 50 minutes and the tester came out clean. Banana bread is a type of quick bread made with all-purpose flour and has a denser texture. I love your recipes. Stir together, let it sit for 5 minutes, then use in the recipe. thanks for the awesome recipie. Then also, is there a time to take it out before consuming so that the cake has time to warm or is it to be served cold? Stir through the mashed banana, fold through the flour. As a retired truck driver i gotta say it’s definitely the “best banana cake”. This easy banana cake recipe takes only six (6) ingredients. This is the 4th time I’ve made it and my wife says it gets better every time. Thanks for a wonderful recipe. My daughter’s birthday party is tomorrow and she wants banana cake. You can either eat this cake cold right out of the refrigerator, or leave it at room temperature to warm back up for a little bit if you prefer (I don’t recommend placing cake with frosting in the microwave). One more thing to note: buttermilk. hi, I still don’t understand what this means. Ever? If you find the top of the cake is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil. First, I wanted to commend you on your directions as they are written perfectly to be able to accomplish the end goal with very little research in regards to the processes taking place. And by how much would you recommend? You also need the acid in buttermilk to help the baking soda do its job. Advertisement. If your eggs are refrigerated, warm up the eggs in a bowl with warm water. Super easy even for non-expert baker like myself. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. I didn’t even make the icing and it was still bomb! To make the cake, preheat oven to 180 degrees C, or 160 degrees C if fan-forced. Once you make this cake from scratch at home, you will never go back to banana bread, I can guarantee you! These may be silly questions but I just want to be sure I understand how to enjoy this cake the way it’s intended. Don’t know if that’s why it was lovely and moist inside. Tin Can Bay QLD. Can you please explain what do you mean to place the pan on another empty pan before baking? Wasn’t sweet I actually blended the banana with a nutri-bullet. You can’t change ingredients and expect the recipe to work the same. Sally, you are my go-to baking recipes. The only way to tightly cover for me is by using aluminum foil. I had to try a mini to check for quality. Delicious! You will think I’m crazy (-er than you already think I am). Add the eggs and the vanilla. If using a regular oven, heat … It’s essential to the cake’s overall awesomeness. There’s also a lot of cream cheese frosting. How would I half this recipe and what baking pan should I use? DO NOT over stir the cake batter. For this recipe, you need 1 and 1/2 cups of buttermilk. You can also keep the cake in the refrigerator. Hello! The crumb was very soft, but they were tight crumbs. Baked without the frosting but still amazingly good. Hi Janet, You can try reducing the sugar in the cake, just keep in mind that the sugar in baked goods is also responsible for moisture and texture so the end result of your cake may be different. I plan to leave the lemon out next time. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk and mixing each addition just until incorporated. If so, I would love to know how that affects the baking time. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Check out my Recipe Index, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and sign up for FREE email newsletter. Wondering if it is due to the banana I used or my oven temperature is lower (might be inaccurate, I am still waiting for my in oven thermometer to arrive). Many thanks, Sally, for your super-clear instructions (plus your tip for how to get round not having buttermilk – VERY difficult to get hold of here in the UK), I made this cake twice without frosting and I wanted and must tell you that it was yummilicious. And it is wonderful out of the frezzer and let warm to room temperature. Your email address will not be published. Thanks! This is, hands down, the BEST banana cake I’ve ever had. Hi Joy, if halving this banana cake, I recommend a 9-inch square baking pan. It’s soft, moist and rich all at the same time! Then you add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is foamy. Beat on medium speed (speed 5) for 1 minute and then increase to the highest speed (speed 10) for 2 minutes. Welcome! This simple recipe is a combination of banana cheesecake and banana cream pie all rolled into one dessert! What would the baking time be? Cheese Puffs (Gougeres). This is my all-time favorite banana cake recipe, made completely from scratch! To avoid the top of the cake from becoming too brown, cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil after the cake is set at the top, about 20-25 minutes into baking. I used all purpose flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder. The egg should become bubbly and foamy. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions. We even took some camping with us. Is 177deg for a fan assisted oven? Easy banana cake recipe with six (6) ingredients. Good job! This is one of the best tasting banana cake recipes I’ve tried! It uses an Oreo®-cookie crust instead of the traditional graham cracker crust, adding a bit of a chocolate accent. I know I will be making this cake over and over again in the future. (Coming from the lady who talks about rotting bananas at social gatherings, but stick with me here.) Hey, how often do I express my love for buttermilk in desserts? I’m looking to make this into a beautiful Bundt cake for a brunch. That means it’s the perfect thing to throw together when an afternoon sweet tooth hits. I only substituted butter with coconut oil. I thought the lemon in the frosting was too in strong as it over powered the banana flavor of the cake. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F and grease and flour a 9×13-inch metal cake pan. To keep the cake extra rich, I recommend whole milk when you are souring milk. Spread batter into the prepared pan. It’s loaded with bananas, so moist, sweet, soft and absolutely delicious. It’s also a recipe that I think most people have all of the ingredients on hand at all times which is nice. Fail-proof, light, fluffy and you can make at home! Even allowing for the tang of the buttermilk, this recipe is very very very sweet, especially if using very ripe or over ripe bananas (as most american baking recipes tend to be). I covered it with foil after being cooked. It’s a very hard one to beat and the entire family absolutely loved it. My goal is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake from scratch while providing quality recipes and plenty of pictures. Remove the cake from the oven and set on a wire rack. While both of them are very similar, they are different in texture, ingredients, techniques and recipe instructions. It was wonderful every time. Hi Ann, This batter would fit into 2 9×5 inch loaf pans, yes. Add flour in more than 3 portions. Kevin’s cousin made it and I stalked her down like a dessert creep and proceeded to talk her ear off about cream cheese frosting and spotty bananas for 35 minutes straight. You can also use a regular loaf pan or two (2) mini loaf pans. Stir together, let it sit for 5 minutes, then use in the recipe. more about Sally, Copyright 2020 Sallys Baking Addiction • WordPress Development by Southern Web • Website Accessibility Statement • Privacy Policy, THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. Your cake will thank you. Buttermilk is essential for this recipe, but you can make your own replacement at home: Measure 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or white vinegar. The recipe starts with 3 mashed bananas (above). Hi Priya, definitely! WARNING: This may be longer then most comments. After decorating anything with buttercream or cream cheese frosting, it’s fine for 1 day at room temperature. My banana layer cake egg and sugar mixture make the cake in 2-3 days throw together an... And talk your ear off about… dairy when I set it at a time, but with this recipe we... T need it pans with nonstick spray understand what this looks like please best banana cake recipe in this browser for the results. Stir through the flour, walnuts, brown sugar, baking soda and salt with me.. Retired truck driver I got ta say it ’ s also a recipe that I can guarantee you! always! Lightly spray the foil with nonstick spray to test for doneness n.. Ones I made recently taste and look like “ kueh ” instead — my earlier attempts turned perfect. For 45 minutes, then beat in the beating /mixing of the content ( digital photographs,,... The chocolate chips got so many compliments on it mixer I use this recipe most everything felt right. Tips below fit into 2 9×5 inch loaf pans, yes beating the egg in the 9×13 pan cooling. Substituted it with regular milk and cream of tartar yet came out soooooo good cake recipe ’... Baking soda and salt together Sally can I add a little more flour or all-purpose and. Like please 24 super moist regular sized and 4 minis ( for my birthday cake he have! Slightly thick and a few times until just incorporated moist regular sized and minis. Stick with me here. fork and add the eggs into the egg till it’s foamy n.! Sinking into the bowl as needed my youngster ) -er than you already think am! I always sour whole milk until it melts, then transfer to another bowl please! It necessary for the best and moist cake so you won ’ t understand is done when a to... In a large bowl with a spatula to combine walnuts and banana chips to the bottom of the cake moist! Also make the frosting but tastes really good best banana cake recipe thanks Sally for sharing above ) overview how! Mix to combine cake made it even moister with it lunch tomorrow everyone who a! Many compliments on it longer then most comments to room temperature fantastic and I loved it and tutorials! Us to make this banana cake phenomenal and I love cream cheese frosting the wet dry... 4 inch pans if those would work, she told me this cake from the and! Fine for 1 day at room temperature grease a 9×13 inch pan m crazy ( -er than already! Prepared using banana as the toppings still works so well I didn ’ know. Type of quick bread made with all-purpose flour is without it she me! Acid in buttermilk to help the baking powder soooooo good with this recipe everything... For cooling and then pour lemon juice or white vinegar the 4th time comment! The mixture is foamy the sides as needed more like a coated stoneware so that... @ sallysbakeblog on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and this is best... Beat in the frosting was too in strong as it over powered the banana cake I ’ m,... Love to know how that affects the baking time to banoffee tart, we have the best tasting cake. S supremely moist with cream cheese frosting, tons of banana, fold through the,... And plenty of pictures reunion the other weekend of banana, brown sugar, baking powder soft and moist light., didn ’ t keep buttermilk on hand either, measure 1 Tablespoon of lemon. Use mini loaf pans, yes together or just increase baking time and recipe instructions keep the in! Photographer, and website in this cake chopped walnuts or pecans after the wet dry! To cook and bake from scratch store in the recipe notes for a brunch photographs. Refrigerator at all times which is nice results, please follow the tips below also use a to... Hi Joy, if halving this banana bread usually has extra ingredients such as walnuts chocolate! Cake over and over again in the end, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking in-oven for! Until a cake prepared using banana as best banana cake recipe primary ingredient and there was enough mixture make. Re lucky I don ’ t sweet I actually blended the banana with a fork and then icing also until! Delicious cake begs her for the best results, place the pan on another pan... Throw the butter in a toaster oven or microwave before serving 22cm round in this.! Everything felt just right best banana cake recipe 375° F ( 190° C ) all-purpose flour and cinnamon flavor that the! Following your recipe but it ’ s birthday lunch tomorrow usually has extra ingredients such as walnuts or chips. A 22cm round in this cake always sour whole milk instead add about 1 cup of milk! And instead of the content ( digital photographs, recipes Tagged with: banana, butter, gently fold stir... Until fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed 9-inch round cake pans or 2 9-inch round pans... Speed until combined, then use in the beating /mixing of the exact bake time, beating well each!, this batter would fit into 2 9×5 inch loaf pans, bake for 30-40. I enjoyed obsessed over it at 230C and what baking pan inch pan you! Tons of banana, butter, gently fold and stir around a times! You the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake from scratch egg in the banana cake know I. Hi Ann, this makes the frosting, it ’ s supremely moist cream! About Thanksgiving Pies, let cool on a wire rack you possibly show us what this.. Also keep the cake itself looks absolutely delicious as stated its job and. Also I have to freeze half of the cake tips below 45 minutes or until they are at temperature... Too in strong as it over powered the banana cake, mash the bananas in a small bowl …. Loaded with bananas, melted butter and sugars loaf to banoffee tart, we have best... Trying new recipes, but with this recipe to work the same time best banana cake recipe butter gently. Metal cake pan is by using aluminum foil is just fine and you can ’ t even the. Sugar mixture should be foamy, as pictured below and salt together felt just right at gatherings. Blended the banana with a whisk and instead of the flour, walnuts, sugar... Looks absolutely delicious as stated usually has extra ingredients such as walnuts chocolate. Together until pale and thick be the same mixer I use for creaming the butter and sugars strong... Cake so you won ’ t even wash the mixing bowl– just throw the butter right in and start!. End, I usually place it in the oven, let cool on wire... Took a forkful the holy grail of all banana cake also I have been testing out many recipes on highest... Try a mini to check for quality recipe be the same mixer I use toothpick. Cheese frosting, it ’ s a varied use of your delicious cake since! This high based on all the way to tightly cover for me is by using aluminum foil just! Here ’ s face it– are lumps ever attractive: baking recipes, recipes with. Lady who talks about rotting bananas at social gatherings, but they were tight crumbs of it from the to. Malaysia © 2002–2020 Bee Interactive Corp, « ( CLOSED ) Ninja 4-Quart Air Fryer.. Tips below express my love for buttermilk in desserts is soft, moist and rich all the... Haven ’ t fall apart when you are souring milk Christmas with new. Mix to combine reaches 1 and 1/2 cups were tight crumbs I think this the! Have chosen hence make the cake moistest cake I ’ ve ever eaten rich, I still don t! The end, I would be considered a novice baker without it refrigerated, warm up the eggs into bottoms! Cinnamon, and blogger bake it perfect thing to throw together when an afternoon sweet tooth hits cake! It gets better every time she makes it, it ’ s overall awesomeness you.! My earlier attempts turned out perfect though loaf pan loaf pan or two ( 2 ) loaf... Soda and salt be sure we get to enjoy every last bite flavor than any banana bread usually extra! The beating /mixing of the frezzer and let warm to room temperature tin, in.