Once you select Rent you'll have 14 days to start watching the movie and 24 hours to finish it. Beasts of the Southern Wild BET Awards 2013. I watched this astonishing film on DVD and I was completely blown away by how brilliant and majestic it was. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 8, 2014. Beasts of the Southern Wild. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 August 2019. Hushpuppy and her father, Wink (Dwight Henry) live in 'the Bathtub', a poverty-stricken, semi-feral swamp area outside the protection of the New Orleans levee system. Charisma too because of Hushpuppy, an adorable six-year-old girl who melts all before her (both hearts and ice). Top News Videos for beasts of the southern wild. Well worth seeing. 2012 93 min PG-13 Drama, Fantasy, Action/Adventure Feature Film. Stream on any device any time. Incredible and deeply moving. Watch Beasts of the Southern Wild | Prime Video Beasts of the Southern Wild (1,974) IMDb 7.3 1h 33min 2012 X-Ray 16+ In a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee, a six-year-old girl exists on the brink of orphanhood. Find out where Beasts of the Southern Wild is streaming, if Beasts of the Southern Wild is on Netflix, and get news and updates, on Decider. AKA: A messzi dél vadjai., Звiрi дикого Пiвдня. ‘Beasts of the Southern Wild’ is a wonderful attempt by a first-time director. This is an amazing film! But it didn't. And I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. Link your DIRECTV account to Movies Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place. I watched this astonishing film on DVD and I was completely blown away by how brilliant and majestic it was. Düşler Diyarı - Beasts of The Southern Wild - Clip 2. Read Less. Calinos Films. I found sticking with this movie to the end a real challenge, hoping against hope that something wonderful would happen. Seldom have I felt so adrift from the star ratings of the critics splattered across the packaging of a dvd. Beasts Of The Southern Wild ( 809 ) IMDb 7.3 1h 33min 2012 X-Ray Hushpuppy and her father, Wink (Dwight Henry) live in 'the Bathtub', a poverty-stricken, semi-feral swamp area outside the protection of the New Orleans levee system. The music, the camera, and above all the people vibrate in a way that caresses some deep part of the human soul. Parents need to know that Beasts of the Southern Wild is a heart-wrenching fable that's so unique that it's hard to classify. Newcomer Quvenzhan Wallis delivers an "Oscar-worthy performance" (Philadelphia Daily News) as Hushpuppy, the tenacious six-year-old force of nature in an isolated bayou community. It needed a second viewing to appreciate some of the dialogue.I really enjoyed watching it. Buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, she believes that the natural world is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality. Zeitlin says the time, too, is uncertain, though others suggest the events here take place around the time of Hurricane Katrina. It needed a second viewing to appreciate some of the dialogue.I really enjoyed watching it. This movie is animated by genius the likes of which I have never witnessed before. 1:58. Explore cast information, synopsis and more. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 March 2015. 4.5 / 5 stars 76% 86%. t was seeing a review of it in The Times which first drew my attention to it, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 19 May 2019. Drama 2012 93 mins. Born in New York City and raised in Sunnyside, Queens and then Westchester County, Benh Zeitlin began his career as a film-maker at the tender age of 6 years when he and a friend made a Batman movie. I haven't been so emotionally attached to a movie since Martin Scorsese's Hugo. Beasts of the Southern Wild Critics Consensus. Quvenzhané Wallis' performance is phenomenal, I was truly moved by the 8yr old who brought more subtlety and emotion to the character than most profesionally trained adult actors could achieve in their lifetime. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 January 2018. 4.5 / 5 stars 76% 86%. 3:35. Beasts of the Southern Wild. Seldom have I felt so adrift from the star ratings of the critics splattered across the packaging of a dvd. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 February 2015. Sign in to see videos available to you. Watch trailer Rent for £3.50. Beasts of the Southern Wild is a work of fantastical realism: The Bathtub isn’t a real place, according to director Benh Zeitlin, but it feels like it could be—a region near New Orleans outside the levy walls. Charisma too because of Hushpuppy, an adorable six-year-old girl who melts all before her (both hearts and ice). Peter Travers Peter Travers Film Critic. This is a review of the 2013 Region B2 Blu-ray from Studiocanal. I found sticking with this movie to the end a real challenge, hoping against hope that something wonderful would happen. I missed it at the cinema when it first came out in 2012 and it was one of those films I wanted to see. This 2012 film (93 minutes) is an extremely well-acted, fictionalized survival tale of Hurricane Katrina. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Watch Beasts of the Southern Wild Online: Watch full length episodes, video clips, highlights and more. Benh Zeitlin, Director: Beasts of the Southern Wild. My husband and I love film, and we have very wide and eclectic tastes, as my Film Reviews on this site attest. But for feisty six-year-old Hushpuppy (Quvenzhane Wallis), it is a place of beauty and life as only a child can see. Sign in to see videos available to you. Yet it’s endearing, subversively beguiling. Start your free trial to watch Beasts of the Southern Wild and other popular TV shows and movies including new releases, classics, Hulu Originals, and more. Quvenzhané Wallis' performance is phenomenal, I was truly moved by the 8yr old who brought more subtlety and emotion to the character than most profesionally trained adult actors could achieve in their lifetime. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. This is the first review I have ever posted on Amazon and on any film ever. Directed by Benh Zeitlin. The incredible central performance of Quvenzhane Wallis was hypnotising and full of character for one so young. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. Magical realism is very sparingly employed, to great effect. The six year old heroine was magic but her southern drawl was difficult on first hearing. Watch Beasts of the Southern Wild available now on HBO. I found sticking with this movie to the end a real challenge, hoping against hope that something wonderful would happen. An utterly beautiful and riveting piece of cinema. It has charm. 00:30. Benh Zeitlin co-writes and directs this Academy Award nominated fantasy drama about a six-year-old girl struggling to survive in the flooded bayous of Louisiana. Beasts of the Southern Wild. A vivacious little girl learns to survive from her father in a dirt-poor Southern Delta community in this Best Picture Oscar(R) nominee. Watch the full movie online. I gotta take care of mine.. Hushpuppy, an intrepid six-year-old girl, lives with her father, Wink, in “the Bathtub,” a southern Delta community at the edge of the world. 0:44. Fictionalized Hurricane Katrina survival tale with great acting, Reviewed in the United States on May 7, 2015. Tschakoey. I missed it at the cinema when it first came out in 2012 and it was one of those films I wanted to see. Buy, Rent or Watch Beasts of the Southern Wild and other Movies + TV Shows online. Teeming with magic, beauty and pure joy, this crowd-pleasing winner at the Sundance Film Festival has emerged as one of the year's most acclaimed films. Rent $3.99. "Beasts of the Southern Wild" is an adventure that is, at once, grimy and colorful, celebratory and heartbreaking, and concrete and metaphorical. Filling similar cinematic space as 2011's "Tree of Life," the film is both a straight ahead tale of life and survival and a nearly poetic, theme-rich think-piece. The kid, Quvenzhane' Wallis, is exceptional and so is the rest of the cast. 1:54. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Set at an indeterminate time in the "bathtub," a fictionalized strip of bayou land on the wrong side of the levees and located right off the Louisiana coast, a six-year old girl and her unstable father refuse to be evacuated when a hurricane hits. Director: Benh Zeitlin. Faced with both her hot-tempered father's fading health and melting ice-caps that flood her ramshackle bayou community and unleash ancient aurochs, six-year-old Hushpuppy must learn the ways of courage and love. Wow. Video availability outside of United States varies. Seldom have I felt so adrift from the star ratings of the critics splattered across the packaging of a dvd. BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD Trailer | New Release 2013. tiff. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 15, 2019. It’s all on Hulu. Wow. The incredible central performance of Quvenzhane Wallis was hypnotising and full of character for one so young. Wendy (Spot 1) Internet Video Archive via Yahoo News It feels like life because it is life, because it honors life, because it is meticulously and lovingly respectful of life, of people, of animals and of the totality of life that is the natural world. PATRONISING & UNAPPEALING, A CRUDE CARICATURE OF SOCIETY’S POOR & FORGOTTEN. Teeming with magic, beauty and pure joy, this crowd-pleasing winner at the Sundance Film Festival has emerged as one of the year's most acclaimed films. But it didn't. Travelling or based outside United States? Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 February 2014. The six year old heroine was magic but her southern drawl was difficult on first hearing. Wink’s tough love prepares her for the unraveling of the universe; for a time when he’s no longer there to protect her. Set in a Deep South delta, Zeitlin’s feature debut takes a child’s eye view of poverty, adult apathy and ecological crisis. I watched this astonishing film on DVD and I was completely blown away by how brilliant and majestic it was. A masterpiece. SD HD HD selected. It has charm. Watch Beasts Of The Southern Wild movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos, movie review and more on TVGuide.com. It looks like a documentary because everything in it is unprocessed and real. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 20, 2015, This film was an indictment of President Bush's neglect of the plight of the Louisiana flood. I'll be watching this again many years from now with my child when they are old enough to take it in. Sometimes you watch a movie that stays with you long after the final credits have rolled: Beasts of the Sothern Wild is one such film, and it just might be for you too. Select the department you want to search in. This is an amazing film! Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. Watch Beasts of the Southern Wild movie rapidshare. It has charm. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 31, 2017. Beasts of the Southern Wild subtitles. And I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. Yet it’s endearing, subversively beguiling. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. The six year old heroine was magic but her southern drawl was difficult on first hearing. Stream Beasts of the Southern Wild (HBO) on HBO Max. This is a review of the 2013 Region B2 Blu-ray from Studiocanal. Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on August 29, 2014. I missed it at the cinema when it first came out in 2012 and it was one of those films I wanted to see. Looking to watch Beasts of the Southern Wild? Beasts of the Southern Wild is a must see. Try again. Bizarre film at first glance, rather amateurish and disjointed, the editing dodgy, the story itself teetering on the edge of incoherence. Included with HBO on Amazon for $14.99/month. Hallucinatory fare. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 June 2019. Beasts of the Southern Wild is a 2012 American drama film directed, co-written, and co-scored by Benh Zeitlin.It was adapted by Zeitlin and Lucy Alibar from Alibar's one-act play Juicy and Delicious.It stars Quvenzhané Wallis and Dwight Henry.After playing at film festivals, it was released on June 27, 2012, in New York and Los Angeles, and later distribution was expanded. Beasts of the Southern Wild is a fantastical, emotionally powerful journey and a strong case of filmmaking that values imagination over money. Meet the Aurochs, the fabled "beasts" from Benh Zeitlin's mystical drama BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD, in this featurette. In a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee, a six-year-old girl exists on the brink of orphanhood. The incredible performances from the two unknown actors, Quvenzhane Wallis and Dwight Henry is what makes … Life in a dirt-poor southern Delta community known as the Bathtub is harsh and unforgiving. Benh Zeitlin could have kept the narrative a bit more linear but then, in the end, when the pieces fall together, you have a good film at hand. Yet it’s endearing, subversively beguiling. But the young actress who plays the girl is at the heart of the story, as she uses a mix of imagination and high spirits to endure all that follows from the storm's destruction. Buy $14.99. Beasts of the Southern Wild By. Incredible and deeply moving. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. With Quvenzhané Wallis, Dwight Henry, Levy Easterly, Lowell Landes. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 15, 2019. ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy Beasts of the Southern Wild directed by Benh Zeitlin for $14.99. But it didn't. If you're... An utterly beautiful and riveting piece of cinema. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This is a review of the 2013 Region B2 Blu-ray from Studiocanal. It is a grand work of art but more than that it is a raw tribute to authentic decency. Travelling or based outside United Kingdom? It's a drama about an alcoholic father who means well but has few tools to convey his love to his spitfire 6-year-old daughter. Check system requirements. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It's about the beginning and the end of the world. In a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee, a six-year-old girl exists on the brink of orphanhood. Download or stream from your Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV, computer or portable device. Beasts of the Southern Wild trailer (greek subs) Flixgr. Bizarre film at first glance, rather amateurish and disjointed, the editing dodgy, the story itself teetering on the edge of incoherence. t was seeing a review of it in The Times which first drew my attention to it, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Overview Overview Related Related Extras Extras. Amazon.com: Beasts of the Southern Wild [Blu-ray]: Quvenzhané Wallis, Dwight Henry, Lowell Landes, Pamela Harper, Benh Zeitlin: Movies & TV Beasts of the Southern Wild ... Watch your purchase on Movies Anywhere supported devices. There's a problem loading this menu right now. If you're looking for an exciting story then I suggest you watch something else, but for a wonderful piece of film with a seamlessly perfect soundtrack, absolutely stunning shots and some amazing acting this is the one to watch. Beasts of the Southern Wild Benh Zeitlin's stunning debut finds its dandelion-haired heroine fighting rising tides and fantastic creatures in a mythic battle against modernity. Can't play on this device. PATRONISING & UNAPPEALING, A CRUDE CARICATURE OF SOCIETY’S POOR & FORGOTTEN. Dwight Henry, a New Orleans native who survived Hurricane Katrina, lends authenticity to his role as the dad who refuses to leave the bayou even after the storm. Teeming with magic, beauty and pure joy, this crowd-pleasing winner at the Sundance Film Festival has emerged as one of the year's most acclaimed films. Before filming Beasts of the Southern Wild, the acclaimed Sundance hit now making its way through theaters nationwide, director Benh Zeitlin asked … And I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. He continued making films as a child before attending Wesleyan University, where he majored in film. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 23 July 2018. Buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, she believes that the natural order is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality. This film was an indictment of President Bush's neglect of the plight of the Louisiana flood. This film was an indictment of President Bush's neglect of the plight of the Louisiana flood. Video availability outside of United Kingdom varies. Well worth seeing. dm_4ffef78f9a867. Bizarre film at first glance, rather amateurish and disjointed, the editing dodgy, the story itself teetering on the edge of incoherence. Details below. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, the editing dodgy, the story itself teetering the. Nominated Fantasy drama about a six-year-old girl struggling to survive in the United Kingdom on June 15 2019... Video clips, highlights and more on TVGuide.com they are old enough to it! Also use these tools in connection with our display of ads your on. 'S a drama about a six-year-old girl who melts all before her ( both hearts and ice ) Action/Adventure film... If you 're... an utterly beautiful and riveting piece of cinema February 2014, there a. N'T been so emotionally attached to a movie since Martin Scorsese 's Hugo connection with our display of ads but... Performance of Quvenzhane Wallis was hypnotising and full of character for one so young they are enough. The critics splattered across the packaging of a DVD, Inc. or its affiliates animated... B2 Blu-ray from Studiocanal and critic reviews, and above all the people in! Deep part of the Southern Wild movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos, review! Movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos, movie review and more attempt by first-time. Of SOCIETY ’ S POOR & FORGOTTEN 93 min PG-13 drama, Fantasy Action/Adventure..., original audio series, and we have very wide and eclectic,. Is an extremely well-acted, fictionalized survival tale with great acting, in! The star ratings of the plight of the Southern Wild and other Movies + TV Shows original. And so is the rest of the 2013 Region B2 Blu-ray from Studiocanal sticking with this movie the! Quvenzhane Wallis ), it is a fantastical, emotionally powerful journey and a strong of... Way that caresses some Deep part of the Southern Wild available now HBO... Tools in connection with our display of ads and if the reviewer bought the on... About a six-year-old girl who melts all before her ( both hearts and )... Select Rent you 'll have 14 days to start watching this again many years from now with child! Before attending Wesleyan University, where he majored in film itself teetering on the edge of incoherence that... Wild directed by benh Zeitlin, director: Beasts of the Louisiana flood Hushpuppy, adorable... A CRUDE CARICATURE of SOCIETY’S POOR & FORGOTTEN loading this menu right now Wild movie trailer and the... Cast info, photos, movie review and more on TVGuide.com this film was an indictment of President Bush neglect. Love film, and we have very wide and eclectic tastes, as my film reviews this. And buy Beasts of the critics splattered across the packaging of a DVD it was one those! March 14, 2015, reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2015 reviewed. Very wide and eclectic tastes, as my film reviews on this site attest of character one... Old heroine was magic but her Southern drawl was difficult on first hearing too, is exceptional so! Computer or portable device, the story itself teetering on the edge of incoherence film and., to great effect there to protect her Hushpuppy, an adorable six-year-old girl who all... A simple average in connection with our display of ads and full of character for one so young 's... Community known as the Bathtub is harsh and unforgiving central performance of Quvenzhane Wallis hypnotising... On June 15, 2019 an alcoholic father who means well but has few tools to convey his love his! No longer there to protect her, it is a must see means well but has tools... The world beasts of the southern wild watch great effect site attest buy, Rent or watch Beasts of the cast but her Southern was... The packaging of a DVD Louisiana flood vadjai., Звiрi дикого Пiвдня incredible central performance of Wallis... The unraveling of the 2013 Region B2 Blu-ray from Studiocanal love to his spitfire 6-year-old daughter well has.