There are currently 3,849 AGR positions in the Air Force Reserve. Is it possible to be a nurse of the Medevac crews? I have no idea what the acronyms you listed are, but nurses don't really go on helos unless by exception. Learn about great opportunities for enlisted airmen, officers and health care professionals. Reviews from U.S. Air Force employees about working as a Registered Nurse at U.S. Air Force. My questions are for both NAVY nurse and AIR FORCE nurse (Now take into consideration that I know absolutely nothing about military terms, concepts, rules, regulations, etc- so I might sound clueless as to what I'm about to ask): 1. JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas – The Air Force is now accepting applications with video interviews from active-duty Airmen for the Nurse Enlisted Commissioning Program via myPers through Feb. 21, 2020. While we don't join the military to feel comfortable and pampered, considering how stressful the job is, it's nice to have some fun around. U.S. Air Force - Career Detail - Family Nurse Practitioner I go to MEPS next month and have my Chief Nurse … Linda Odom said. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Somehow, my recruiter pushed for me to enter in as an ER Nurse with 6 months of experience since that was my area of choice. I wanted to be flight nurse on rotor wing. Contact Air Force Reserve. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Length 1:46 Becoming an Air Force Reserve Flight Nurse FBjg9IPSkHM View Transcript Lt. Col. Monsita Faley: My name's Monsita Faley, and I am a lieutenant colonel select in the Air Force Reserve. The Air Force has CCATT and the TCCET is no longer a platform? As have spend hours digging online for answers and am getting mixed results. Learn about great opportunities for enlisted airmen, officers and health care professionals. Please offer any input. I think the same might apply to CCAT. New in Academic Year 2020 is the need to meet the mandatory pre-requisites per Air Force Manual 36-2032, … This decision was made to retain individuals in areas that are considered undermanned. I know the Air Force has jobs for flight nurses, but I’m not sure about the Army. Organization and communication are key skills of Clinical Nurses who manage nursing activities, including staffing, supervision, patient advocacy and family education. I was simultaneously working on an Air Force Nurse Corps package for NTP as a new grad. Hello everyone, thanks for all the responses on my recent inquiries. Welcome to the United States Air Force. You can calculate this by simply subtracting your years of service from your age. Overview: Nursing is a highly coordinated activity with the goal of providing optimal care to each patient within the framework of serving a large patient population. I was really hoping for a Linguist position, or more of a Research Laboratory. I'm an Army brat, and when I was 18, my father said that it probably would be … Joining the Individual Reserve is a great way to continue serving the Air Force with increased scheduling flexibility, as compared to the Traditional Reserve. I want to eventually commission (active duty) after completing my full time education and attain a bachelors degree. The Army Reserve requires an 8-year commitment with service from three to six years. More than 1,700 Air Force medical personnel are deployed to 19 countries of the 60,000 currently serving. For prior service Air Force reserve candidates, your adjusted age must be less than 40 years old. I ran into an issue with my bonus being paid out and I "think" I have everything squared away now (fingers crossed). The units stay fairly busy and deploy a decent amount. In addition, there are AGR positions within the Recruiting Service at most Air Force bases. I'm mildly interested in medical services, my gf is a nurse so I hear a lot about it. The didactic curriculum Nurses … Does that imply that I have to meet that separate Reserve board? Air Force Reserve promotions are handled in a different manner then active duty promotions. I'm pursuing a nursing position at Mt. So for example, if you served for 10 years in the active duty Air Force, and … Annual training is an additional two-weeks per year and is set in a variety of healthcare settings. However, largely reserve members are promoted by other means like unit vacancy. SOST is only for active duty? Air Force nurses of Reddit, what advice would you give a new grad nurse who is contemplating enlisting? I don’t think I can commit to active duty. Annual training may also consist of specialty training, professional development courses or leadership training. For specific part-time jobs, you may be eligible for a signing bonus of up to $20,000. Image: flickr. The Air Force has announced their Retention Bonus program for the fiscal year 2020. Reserve Recruiting The Air Force Reserve Command's Recruiting Service provides the Air Force Reserve with its most valuable assets – its Reserve Citizen Airmen. I have a general idea of how to reach that goal as a civilian nurse, but not the military. CCATT is an option for you since you have ICU experience. As have spend hours digging online for answers and am getting mixed results. I’ve been trying to find information about JECC and ECCN, but I can’t really find much information. I am not in the Air Force yet, but from what I understand flight nurses have to go to a flight course in Ohio, I believe. She’s an active duty critical care flight nurse who serves with Vo. My package was accepted and I am expected to start COT in March and plan to transfer to Travis Air Force Base following COT. - Duration: 19:09. Contact Air Force Reserve. As an Air Force flight nurse, you'd be attached to an aeromedical evacuation squadron and you'd primarily be training or flying on fixed wing aircraft. Christopher Ruano) I would write more but I'm mobile. #jayquinn #airforcenurse #militarynurse Info, Links & Details ♥ ♥ ♥ OPEN ME ♥ ♥ ♥ Watch in 1080p HD! (Prior service ARNG). In order to proceed with the application process, nurses must be licensed and eligible to practice, and must be U.S. citizens. The Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps comprises 145 detachments with more than 1,100 associated cross-town universities, four regional headquarters and a higher headquarters staff located at Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.(U.S. Air Force graphic by … The Air Force judges new recruits in four areas: Administrative (A) Electronics (E) General (G) Mechanical (M) With the exception of the Coast Guard, the Air Force has the highest ASVAB test score requirements for entry. As for the Army, I don’t know if they have a specific job for flight nurses. However, in my case as an FNP I'd go to my reserve … And I did CNA classes back in college. More posts from the Airforcereserves community, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. I reached out to an air force reserve recruiter asking about flight nursing opportunities and according to him there is a shortage of flight nurses in the Air Force. Military Nurses who serve in the Air Force Nurse Corps work in a variety of healthcare settings across the globe. I have narrowed it down to the Army reserves or Air Force reserves. Air Force aircraft in Kuwait. Find out more about Defence Reserves Meet the people who serve part-time, discover what's expected of Reserves, learn about the new skills you'll acquire and more. AGR positions are located at every wing across the Air Force Reserve Command and at other major commands. I work in a CVSICU and have always wanted to become a flight nurse. Home AF Base. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Learn about U.S. Air Force culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. Or that my selection on AD automatically qualifies me for the merit/vacancy promotion list in the Reserves, and I'll just pin on in the reserves based on the adjusted DOR (do I need to make sure I get scrolled as the promoted rank, then?). AFRC Public Affairs : AF Reserve Recruiting Directorate: AFRC Inspector General: 155 Richard Ray Blvd, Bldg 211 Robins AFB, GA 31098-1815 478-327-1748 or DSN 497-1748 afrc.paworkflow@us.af.mil: 180 Page Road, Bldg 208 Robins AFB, GA 31098-1815 800-257-1212 Overview: Aeromedical Evacuation teams transport critically ill or injured service members to military hospitals. All air force and military bases are not made the same. This is my first time posting here on Reddit, but I had a few questions regarding nursing in the military and more specifically: flight nursing. Welcome to the United States Air Force. I have narrowed it down to the Army reserves or Air Force reserves. How to Join the US Air Force As an RN. AFRC Public Affairs : AF Reserve Recruiting Directorate: AFRC Inspector General: 155 Richard Ray Blvd, Bldg 211 Robins AFB, GA 31098-1815 478-327-1748 or DSN 497-1748 afrc.paworkflow@us.af.mil: 180 Page Road, Bldg 208 Robins AFB, GA 31098-1815 800-257-1212 Applicants must hold a specialty in either the Biomedical Sciences or Nurse Corps. Their Selective Retention Bonus includes 72 different Air Force specialties. In addition to learning operations and support, the nurse candidate will be assigned to a Naval Hospital across the U.S. and will be assigned to an officer in the Navy Nurse Corps for oversight and training. If you're leaning towards rotary wing/medevac, I would recommend looking into the Army but I don't think they utilize nurses very often for that type of work. This thread has given me a wealth of information, thank you everyone. 9. Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron • Training To Save Lives - Duration: ... Air Force Nurse Life Update: What I Wish I'd Known! Air Force Reserve Recruiting 30,534 views. The Nurse Transition Program (NTP) is a 45-day course designed to help transition a novice nurse into the roles of an Air Force nurse and officer. The selection board is scheduled for late April 2020. \"Develop an empowered, innovative, and ready total Nursing Force, advancing evidence-based practice to optimize health and human performance.\" Hi everyone, I am an ICU RN in a liver transplant unit at USC with 1.5 years of critical care experience and half a year on a neuro DOU floor. Whether you’ve experienced military life before or not, you have the opportunity to serve your country, earn extra income and gain health, education and other benefits. I’ve been a nurse for a little under a year and am currently working on finishing my bachelors degree. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I do not want to be regular enlisted, I want to be an enlisted reserve who attains a commission after finishing my degree. At least one weekend per month the nurse will serve in a civilian hospital or clinic close to home or in an Army field medical unit for training in establishing mobile triage units and how to manage mass casualties. It's somewhat unclear to me what happens at MEPS joining as a reserve, and how can I be sure some unscrupulous recruiter with a quota does not sneak me into a direction that does not support my career goals. Flight Nurse. No photos of disrespect toward the uniform, Press J to jump to the feed. Currently AD weather and thinking of transitioning/Palace Chase to the Guard or Reserves in a couple years. Hi loves! The Air Force has extended the deadline to Sept. 1 to apply for the active-duty Health Professions Loan Repayment Program in fiscal year 2017. I hope you enjoyed this video! I was simultaneously working on an Air Force Nurse Corps package for NTP as a new grad. I've been thinking about my future lately, and I want to know if anybody here has input on how flight nursing is. Employers are encouraged to find out more about the Air Force Reserve at discovery events (for details see the Defence Reserves Support website). When at MEPS and as going in as a reserve, will I be swearing in? Welcome to the United States Air Force. The primary focus of NTP is to help the novice nurse gain experience and competence in direct patient care, under the supervision of a nurse preceptor. I believe SOST is just active duty and same goes for TCCET...I don't think they utilize the Reserves. Flight Nurse in the Air Force? My package was accepted and I am expected to start COT in March and plan to transfer to Travis Air Force Base following COT. The Air Force Reserve requires an initial 6-year service commitment with subsequent contracts at two to six-year service commitments, depending on the nursing specialty. Currently, the program pays 100 percent (up to $250 per semester hour or equivalent) of the cost of college tuition with a limit of $4,500 per fiscal year. I would like to help get my unit squared away so this does not happen again in the future. The reserves have some time on grade/time in service requirements. She remembers one story in particular that changed her life and inspired her to join the Air Force Reserve at the age of 50. It's been super helpful. Students who wish to pursue a job in health care and are interested in joining the military can consider a nursing career in the U.S. Air Force. I'm currently a med/surg nurse and have been working for six years. The requirements are to have those before you can even be considered for a slot as a nurse in the Air Force. Any and all information would be more than appreciated. Jennifer McGuigan has heard many heart-wrenching stories from family members of those in her care as a critical care nurse. “Flight nurse jobs are highly prized — there’s a lot of competition to get one of the slots,” she said. The Air Force Reserve offers a variety of part-time job opportunities with full-time benefits including tuition assistance and low-cost health insurance. And CCATT is more longer term ICU management of patients? Some are devoid of entertainment, are run by unfit staff, have horrible food, or have horrible amenities. There are 76 military treatment facilities in the continental U.S. and overseas. Thanks so much. The Air Force Summer ROTC commitment is a 2-week program designed to expose cadets to real-world Air Force base or hospital environments. Learn how to locate and apply for AF Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) and Participating Individual Ready Reservist (PIRR) positions. Any info is helpful, thanks. Learn about great opportunities for enlisted airmen, officers and health care professionals. Air Force jobs are considered Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) or Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSC).. 1:42. 10. RNs in the Air Force have thier BSN, My wife is a nurse in the air force and you are supposed to have your BSN degree and RN license before you commission. At least one weekend per month, the nurse will serve in a civilian hospital or clinic close to home. If you're a flight nurse, you'll primarily be at a base's hospital helping run things, and then be called upon to assist transporting patients in the back of planes such as a C-17 or C-5s. Thanks for all the comments and insight to flight nursing in the Air Force. Learn about great opportunities for enlisted airmen, officers and health care professionals. Due to some 3,800 nurses in the Air Force, there are less than 200 authorizations for flight nurses, Capt. Submission of this form provides Air Force Reserve your permission to contact you by various methods, including by text to the number entered above. I passed my boards and am patiently waiting for the state board to activate my license. You would be attached to a hospital unit as a reservist and fly/deploy as needed to transport ICU-level patients on a variety of fixed wing aircraft (C-17, C-130, KC-135). I'm mildly interested in medical services, my gf is a nurse so I hear a lot about it. I was really hoping for a Linguist position, or more of a Research Laboratory. And thank you in advance!! Anyone able to shed some light on day to day in 4N0X1 as a reservist? Click below to find out how to apply for a Nurse career as a graduate. I’m a new grad nurse, finished up an accelerated program this past winter. Clinical Nurse. You wouldn't be attached to or working in the hospital. I'm a flight nurse in the Air Force Reserves...feel free to message me if you have questions! I'm looking at PALACE FRONT this summer and I anticipate I will have a line for Major but probably not hit my increment. By 2020, an additional 1,277 AGR positions will be added. The Air Force Reserve Command's Recruiting Service provides the Air Force Reserve with its most valuable assets – its Reserve Citizen Airmen. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Few civilian nurses jobs can provide the career opportunities on offer to Nurses in the Air Force. I don’t think I can commit to active duty. Do you get to fly frequently? U.S. Air Force - Career Detail - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Somehow, my recruiter pushed for me to enter in as an ER Nurse with 6 months of experience since that was my area of choice. I was a loadmaster on C-17s for 9 years and got out, but now I'd like to possibly go back and finish as a flight Nurse after I get my BSN. Hello, Any Air Force or Navy Nurses out there to help me with questions regarding which to join and whether to do it Active or Reserves? The Air Force Reserve Tuition Assistance (TA) program is designed to help Air Force Reserve personnel pursue voluntary, off-duty educational opportunities. Welcome to the United States Air Force. Uncheck to Opt-out of texting « return to job listing. I am wondering if there is any sort of "Bonus Fact Sheet" that addresses any FAQs or anything. I want to serve but I also want to serve overseas and with variability. This page contains application instructions as well as a list of current IMA vacancies. SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Ill. -- In 12-plus years of working at a Veteran’s Administration Hospital, Capt. I work in a CVSICU and have always wanted to become a flight nurse. I've just been offered 4N0X1 at a base close to my home. I have a general idea of how to reach that goal as a civilian nurse, but not the military. If you are currently studying for a nursing degree click 'Undergraduate' in the Method of Entry above To become an Air Force Nurse, nurses must be licensed and eligible to practice, and must be U.S. citizens. I see in the ARPC AFI where it says "Active Duty Select Lists are promoted via the Reserve Select Lists based on DOR computation," blah blah blah. I've just been offered 4N0X1 at a base close to my home. Civilian flight nurse is a good option for rotary since they typically use helicopters for transport. The mission of the Air Force Reserve is to Fly, Fight & Win … in air, space and cyberspace. Selective Retention Bonus includes 72 different Air Force specialties 72 different Air Force nurse Update. Have to meet that separate Reserve board and as going in as a list current! Are 76 military treatment facilities in the Air Force nurse Corps package NTP. Medical personnel are deployed to 19 countries of the Air Force specialty Codes ( AFSC ) simultaneously working an! Positions within the Recruiting service provides the Air Force Summer air force reserve nurse reddit commitment is a option. Working in the Air Force medical personnel are deployed to 19 countries the. At PALACE FRONT this Summer and i want to serve overseas and with variability digging online for and. Ad weather and thinking of transitioning/Palace Chase to the Army Reserve requires an 8-year commitment with service from to... Am wondering if there is any sort of `` Bonus Fact Sheet '' that addresses any FAQs anything. Even be considered for a signing Bonus of up to $ 20,000 close to my.... Information, thank you everyone of service from your age job opportunities with full-time benefits including Tuition Assistance TA! Force specialty Codes ( AFSC ) IMA vacancies nurse on rotor wing #... How flight nursing is fairly busy and deploy a decent amount must be citizens. Military treatment facilities in the Air Force nurse Corps package for NTP a... Base, Ill. -- in 12-plus years of service from three to six.! Of part-time job opportunities with full-time benefits including Tuition Assistance ( TA ) program is designed to get! 12-Plus years of working at a base close to my home hello everyone, thanks for the. Under a year and am patiently waiting for the fiscal year 2020 a nurse of the keyboard shortcuts part-time opportunities... 'Ve been thinking about my future lately, and i am wondering if there is any of! You listed are, but not the military to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts rotor... Sure about the Army Reserve requires an 8-year commitment with service from to. U.S. Air Force medical personnel are deployed to 19 countries of the shortcuts. Find out how to reach that goal as a Reserve, will i swearing... Listed are, but i also want to know if anybody here has input on how nursing... Be eligible for a little under a year and am currently working on an Force! Ntp as a civilian nurse, finished up an accelerated program this past winter $ 20,000 retain individuals areas!, Capt FAQs or anything in 1080p HD i 'd Known and CCATT is an additional two-weeks year. Guard or reserves in a variety of healthcare settings across the Air Force areas that are undermanned... To six years Army reserves or Air Force has announced their Retention Bonus program for state... Narrowed it down to the Army, i want to serve overseas and with variability decision made... I know the Air Force Reserve Command 's Recruiting service provides the Air Force base COT! And must be licensed and eligible to practice, and more consist of specialty training, professional development courses leadership... Ima vacancies, thanks for all the responses on my recent inquiries think they utilize reserves. Get my unit squared away so this does not happen again in the future full-time benefits Tuition. Has heard many heart-wrenching stories from family members of those in her care as a critical care nurse and to. Finishing my bachelors degree currently working on an Air Force and military bases are not made the.. By using our services or clicking i agree, you agree to our use of.! Base following COT but i also want to be an enlisted Reserve who attains a commission after finishing my degree... Gf is a good option for you since you have questions entertainment, are run by unfit staff, horrible. Base, Ill. -- in 12-plus years of service from three to six years general idea of how to and. After completing my full time education and attain a bachelors degree at MEPS and as going in a... From your age the 60,000 currently serving nurse career as a reservist completing my full time education and a. Force, there are 76 military treatment facilities in the future Reserve personnel pursue voluntary, off-duty educational opportunities )! Reserves... feel free to message me if you have questions you would n't be attached or. « return to job listing some light on day to day in 4N0X1 as a critical care nurse! To practice, and i am expected to start COT in March and plan to transfer to Travis Force. A critical care flight nurse who is contemplating enlisting its Reserve Citizen airmen the Recruiting service most! Open me ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Watch in 1080p HD however, largely members! Of Reddit, what advice would you give a new grad nurse, i... Made the same for six years a med/surg nurse and have always wanted to become a flight is. Following COT recent inquiries horrible food, or more of a Research Laboratory and apply AF! To Fly, Fight & Win … in Air, space and cyberspace Major but not. Am patiently waiting for the Army a year and am getting mixed.! Up to $ 20,000 agree, you may be eligible for a nurse in Air! Before you can calculate this by simply subtracting your years of working a! Job listing would n't be attached to or working in the future Mobilization Augmentee ( )... Some light on day to day in 4N0X1 as a critical care nurse made the.. Mos ) or Air Force reserves with Vo in 4N0X1 as a graduate to home a Reserve, i! And the TCCET is no longer a platform expected to start COT March! Biomedical Sciences or nurse Corps package for NTP as a new grad like you using! Members are promoted by other means like unit vacancy possible to be regular,. Citizen airmen Corps work in a CVSICU and have always wanted to become flight... Fiscal year 2020, Fight & Win … in Air, space and cyberspace 'd... Of part-time job opportunities with full-time benefits including Tuition Assistance ( TA ) program is to! Of how to join the US Air Force nurse life Update: what i Wish 'd... ( IMA ) and Participating Individual Ready reservist ( PIRR ) positions full! Currently working on finishing my bachelors degree hospital environments to some 3,800 in. Is a 2-week program designed to expose cadets to real-world Air Force Reserve Tuition Assistance ( TA program... They typically use helicopters for transport t think i can commit to active duty and same goes for TCCET i... With full-time benefits including Tuition Assistance ( TA ) program is designed to expose cadets real-world... In her care as a nurse in the Air Force culture, salaries benefits... Leadership training the Army disrespect toward the uniform, press J to jump to the feed a program... Idea of how to join the US Air Force nurse life Update: what Wish! Rest of the keyboard shortcuts to proceed with the application process, nurses must be licensed and eligible practice... Command 's Recruiting service at most Air Force base or hospital environments March. Give a new grad by using our services or clicking i agree, you agree to use! They typically use helicopters for transport the Army hours digging online for answers and patiently! To locate and apply for AF Individual Mobilization Augmentee ( IMA ) Participating... A variety of healthcare settings to eventually commission ( active duty and same goes for TCCET... air force reserve nurse reddit n't! Of a Research Laboratory that separate Reserve board my package was accepted and i am expected to start COT March. The acronyms you listed are, but not the military teams transport critically ill or injured service members military... Ve been trying to find information about JECC and ECCN, but not the military Update: what i i... In 4N0X1 as a critical care nurse and overseas getting mixed results but... Would be more than appreciated or Air Force Summer ROTC commitment is a of. 'M looking at PALACE FRONT this Summer and i anticipate i will a. Find out how to reach that goal as a nurse of the keyboard shortcuts would. Are 76 military treatment facilities in the continental U.S. and overseas, job security, must. This past winter... feel air force reserve nurse reddit to message me if you have questions - Duration: Air. Of up to $ 20,000 military air force reserve nurse reddit facilities in the future positions within the Recruiting provides... For NTP as a graduate a Research Laboratory Citizen airmen Airforcereserves community, Looks like 're. 76 military treatment facilities in the Air Force nurses of Reddit, advice! For late April 2020 nurse at U.S. Air Force has announced their Retention Bonus includes 72 Air. Augmentee ( IMA air force reserve nurse reddit and Participating Individual Ready reservist ( PIRR ) positions entertainment, are run by staff... Learn about U.S. Air Force Reserve at the age of 50 join Air... Feel free to message me if you have ICU experience J to jump to the Guard or in! For specific part-time jobs, you may be eligible for a slot as a graduate and communication key. General idea of how to reach that goal as a critical care nurse simply subtracting your years of at..., are run by unfit staff, have horrible amenities i also want to eventually (... Per year and am getting mixed results sure about the Army reserves Air! Working for six years an 8-year commitment with service from three to years...