It nearly replicates the 7mm Rem Mag performance without the increased Magnum cartridge size. For nearly three quarters of a century Nosler has been producing bullets that redefine the industry. Whereas the 7mm RUM case measures 2.387 inches long from … We certainly do not advocate the killing of elephants but as an example, look at W.M. The 28 Nosler is ideal for large game animals such as elk, moose, and bear. The Nosler story begins in 1946 on a hunting expedition in Canada. Survival. The 27 Nosler is based on the .404 Jeffery case that has been around since 1905. All of those … You are using an out of date browser. Sticking with the 8-pound rifle, the 26 Nosler pushing a 142-grain bullet 3,200 fps will recoil 16 fps with nearly 32 f-p energy. More Hunting. Not to say the Nosler isn’t any good but just an overall feeling of liking Weatherby more. If you reload there is no denying the ballistics of a 28 Nosler are damn good. The.28 Nosler should fit standard length magnum actions with magnum diameter bolts. If your going to shoot a lot I would say the PRC would be better because of barrel life. In return, you get smacked with the same recoil as a .375 H&H Magnum. I second all of the above suggestions to use a stout non fragmenting bullet on a moose...ESPECIALLY if there is any possibility of a shot under 200 YDS.....this pic is a 165 pound whitetail deer that I hit with a 195 Berger from my 28 Nosler....The bullet didn't even get through the chest cavity of a smallish whitetail so I would doubt its performance on a moose with a high impact velocity. Never saw that cow again. The result is a truly long range cartridge. 180 gr HVLD. The barnes seem to stay together well at all distances and they penetrate well if you need to deal with a bear. Flat-Rate Shipping. This nudges MV (muzzle velocity) to 3,200 fps and increases recoil … This ended up being the first Nosler Partition. Let’s take a look at its specs: Cartridge: 27 Nosler 150 gr Accu-Bond Long Range, Cartridge: .270 Win 150 gr Accu-Bond Long Range. This was as close to Dad’s original set-up as I could get, and it was a thrill to retrace just a few of his steps into the moose country that started it all. In my opinion Berger bullets are better target bullets than hunting bullets. Again, welcome to the forum. Shooting 195 EOL Bergers w/RL33 out of my new custom built 28 Nosler. And it will produce brass for those who aim to reload the cartridge. Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc. 28 Nosler Alaskan Moose. If you're hunting from a stand or the range is shorter, the 180 will definitely knock down either of these critters, and do so with authority. Bullet Cost - Why is this so much a wild hair? On his way home, John started contemplating how he could make a bullet that would perform well every time, no matter the game or the angle of the shot. My friend bought the 28 Nosler in the Liberty and he likes how it shoots. For nearly three quarters of a century Nosler has been producing bullets that redefine the industry. In my opinion Berger bullets are better target bullets than hunting bullets. 28 Nosler is as well. Mag., the new .28 Nosler, and the over-the-top 7mm RUM—a shoot-off to find the best. … 28 Nosler, 26" Heavy Sporter Fluted BBL, Bolt Action, Carbon Fiber Burnt Bronze St... Hinterland #: 77294; MFG #: 035443288; Availability. The best performance from a Berger, IMO, was a 1098 yard bull. Hunting. Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:42 pm . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Founder John Nosler and current president Bob Nosler have been making bullets for three quarters of a century, and have nearly perfected the process. Originally designed for hunting. I can load up a 168gr TTSX for deer, 180gr Accubond for elk and 200gr+ if/when I go after moose. (All of Nosler’s cartridges are based on the .404 Jeffery, except the 22 Nosler). Like the cup and core bullets we used 40 years ago the thin jacket bullets tear up way too much meat, bloodshot like the whitetail photo and frequently less penetration to suit me. This kind of performance is my preference on big game. Shot a Shire Moose here in Utah with my 28 using the 175 Nosler Partition 401 yards went all the way through. Unfortunately I've seen worse from the bergers including a 338 Lupua that blew a basketball sized hole out on the pass through. What are Handgun Suppressor Sights and Why Would I Need Them. If you don't ammo costs would be substantial. With the current industry-wide climate, please allow for 10-14 days of processing time before shipment. The action's already been blueprinted, so all that's needed is a new tube that's been chambered and headspaced. You'll be fine with the 28 up here. The 27 is a great all-around cartridge that is large enough to handle some large game animals, but won’t destroy your small game like whitetail deer. The 7mm and the 28 Nosler specifically is great for taking large American game animals such as elk, moose, and even grizzly bear. A year later, in 1948, Nosler Partition Bullet Company was formed. Hunting. Has anyone tried your 28 Nosler on Alaska moose? How to Pick the Best All-Purpose Deer Rifle. Sharing the same parent case as the 26 and 28 Nosler cartridges, the 30 Nosler takes all the best attributes of currently available 30 magnums and combines them all in one cartridge. Ledd Slinger. 28 Nosler Rifle Cartridge by Nosler Inc. TECHNICAL INFORMATION: More tolerant and easy going than its 6.5mm cousin, the 28 Nosler delivers extreme performance and responds well to careful load tuning. Moose are shot, and immediately they realise they are dying. Most people already have in mind some form of a 30 Caliber, be it 300 PRC, 30 Nosler, 300 Win mag, or 300 Rum. 28" Proof CF 1:8 twist .28 Nosler barrel will be what's going on my next build. 28 Nosler, 26" Heavy Sporter Fluted BBL, Bolt Action, Carbon Fiber Burnt Bronze St... Hinterland #: 77294; MFG #: 035443288; Availability. It’s only real advantage is it generates 50 – 60 more fps velocity for any given bullet weight than the Weatherby. Survival. What we can do is provide a framework to understand what average conditions might look like, and whether those are reasonably viable for a shot from the average shooter to harvest a moose in the fewest number of shots possible, i.e., ethically. 140 gr HVLD. Out of stock View Details » View Details » Christensen Arms 8011001100 Traverse .28 NSLR 26" TB … So there is no questioning the adequacy of the 28 Nosler. Let’s take a look at two of Nosler’s cartridges, the 27 and 28 Nosler. You can’t go wrong with either of the Nosler products. Let’s dive right in. Hunting. The 28 Nosler adds considerable powder, thus energy, to push the same 175-grain bullet as the 280 AI. The 28 Nosler adds considerable powder, thus energy, to push the same 175-grain bullet as the 280 AI. Top . Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:42 pm . Have a 2022 hunt and haven’t had the opportunity to bag anything with mine yet. The 6.5 caliber has exceptional Sectional Density (greater than .28 and up to .299), thus great penetration, especially the 140 -142 grain in a Nosler AccuBond bullet or the Long Range version of the AB. I want to kill my game and not ruin half the meat in the process. Push a 175-grain 2,800 fps in the 280 AI and it'll recoil 14 fps with 24 foot-pounds of energy in an 8-pound rifle. OK, what’s your gun-related Christmas gift? With formal SAAMI approval at the 2015 SHOT Show, Redding introduced 28 Nosler die sets for all handloading needs. Out of Stock × Out of stock. Beaver ponds are a favourite location in which to expire. Topped with a 3-10X 40 mm Nightforce SHV riflescope, a Nosler Model 48 Patriot rifle chambered in .28 Nosler is capable of taking most of the worlds big gamewith real long-range advantages in trajectory and wind drift when compared to others using .30-cal. The 26 Nosler Review, Part 2. Your email address will not be published. That an important factor should be thought about bullet selection. Go. Moose aren't that hard to put down. It’s too new at this point to judge if it will take hold in the market or fade like so many others. August 19, 2014. At the time, most jacketed bullets employed a single copper alloy envelope (the jacket) around a single lead alloy core. 1; 2; 3; First Prev 3 of 3 Go to page. Guns. Discover the brands ...BT (Ballistic Tip) E-Tip (Lead Free) … Chase works through a ladder test to find the best load for his new PROOF Research .28 Nosler. Also, I have a 6.5x284 for Coues and looked at the 6.5 PRC. That said I’m having a .300 WSM built for a long range elk rifle and throated specifically for the 215 Berger hybrid. Hunting. JavaScript is disabled. More The Gun Nuts. Nosler isn’t just pitching the cartridge to the shooting world. I just picked up a browning hells canyon speed in 300 PRC.Waiting on ammo and rings before I can shoot it. The last thing that hunters thought they needed was another 7mm cartridge. Thebear_78 Post subject: Re: .308 hand load for moose and bear. So, they look around to find the most inhospitable location imaginable. Their newest addition is the 27 Nosler, introduced at the 2020 SHOT show in January. This load produced a 0.06 MOA group at 200 meters (218 yards) 3 shots all same hole. The 175-grain 28 Nosler is topped with an AccuBond LR bullet and has a muzzle velocity of 3,125 fps. More tolerant and easy going than its 6.5mm cousin, the 28 Nosler delivers extreme performance and responds well to careful load tuning. If you want to compare the 27 Nosler and 28 Nosler, you must first decide what you plan on hunting. With the current industry-wide climate, please allow for 10-14 days of processing time before shipment. Maybe I’m misreading. The scope was a vintage Lyman Alaskan, with the side mount base. Latest. How to Pick the Best All-Purpose Deer Rifle. 28 Nosler Defiance Deviant Hunter action 26” Proof Sendero APA little bastard Jewel trigger 1.75# Hawkins Ultralight tactical rings Nightforce 2.5-20x50 NX8 Berger 180 VLD-H at 3125 with 80 gr N570 I’m looking forward to putting a few rounds down range and hopefully finish up a moose slam with a AK/YK moose this Sept. Let’s dive right in. Originally designed for hunting. For nearly three quarters of a century Nosler has been producing bullets that redefine the industry. I'm gonna try the hammers next season because where I hunt my shots can range from very close to very far..... That makes me want to throw up. The 28 Nosler, on the other hand, is intended for large game. 28 nosler is a barrel burner, but it has good ballistics! Most places that you're going to be for moose you're as likely to have a 50yd or under shot as you are a shot over 250yds. A good friend of mine shoots everything bigger than a fox with a 300rum loaded with 180gr barnes. The 28 and 30 Nosler are potentially great rounds. Accuracy and terminal performance are the cornerstones of Hornady ® Precision Hunter ® factory loaded ammunition. It nearly replicates the 7mm Rem Mag performance without the increased Magnum cartridge size. Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:33 pm . MSRP: $2,199.99 | Your Price: $1,999.99. It was a Winchester Model 70 that was manufactured in 1946 - the same year that I made my appearance in the Nosler family. The 28 Nosler hit the shooting scene in 2016. Both of them bagged a moose with a single shot. I'm not gonna call you undergunned-the Scandinavians kill a lot … John Nosler took aim at a bull moose with his 300 H&H, squeezed the trigger, but the big moose failed to go down. 30 caliber. Please welcome the 28 Nosler® as the most powerful … Top . #TheMountainProject #RealHunts What we can do is provide a framework to understand what average conditions might look like, and whether those are reasonably viable for a shot from the average shooter to harvest a moose in the fewest number of shots possible, i.e., ethically. Anyone have any opinions on either one of the two mentioned calibers. The Ultimate Guide to Tanning Wild Game Pelts and Hides. The 160-grain cartridge boasts an AccuBond bullet, which according to … Presently, however, Nosler has not released reloading data on its new round. Most shots were right where I wanted, but a few didn’t hit their mark because of the wind. The 2 moose … The 30 I think just came out not to long ago compared to the 26. Browning 035395288 X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed Long Range Bolt 28 Nosler 26" 3+1 Synthetic A-TACS AU Stock Burnt Bronze Cerakote. _____ Fortiorum fortia facta. It holds its energy well past 500 yards, and can take down even the largest game at very long ranges. Redding Reloading Equipment is offering a full compliment of die sets for the popular 26 Nosler Cartridge, the 28 Nosler Cartridge and the New 30 Nolser for 2016. Two were hundred yard broadside shots that utterly destroyed the chest cavity contents. Alex Wheeler. Nosler has been revolutionary when it comes to introducing new rifle cartridges over the past few years. Would the 28 Nosler be enough gun for moose/bear or should one just go with the 300 win mag? [ 28 posts ] Go to page 1, 2 Next Previous topic | Next topic : Author Message; mkcj Post subject: 26 Nosler for Moose. Latest. 28 Nosler 162 ELD-X ® Precision Hunter ® Item #8069 | 20/Box . Thebear_78 Post subject: Re: .308 hand load for moose and bear. The King of 7mm rounds was the 7x57mm Mauser, a do-it-all cartridge that could literally take down any game, including a bull elephant. If you're hunting from a stand or the range is shorter, the 180 will definitely knock down either of these critters, and do so with authority. 28 Nosler is nearly flat out to 500 yards, dropping less than 1 foot. The company is billing the 28 Nosler as the most powerful 7mm cartridge available today. … In fact, its flat trajectory out to extended distances make it a great round for long range hunting of large game. By David E. Petzal. Although I am still partial to a 338 rum for big game at long range. The 28 Nosler. Rebating the rim to 0.534 inch simplifies the production of rifle bolts since the rims of Holland & Holland-style belted magnums, such as the 7mm Remington and .300 Winchester, are the same diameter. You can check out our other article on the 26 nosler vs the 28 nosler. The old 7mm Rem. 27 Nosler 28 nosler is a barrel burner, but it has good ballistics! A firearms education site built on trusted content by firearm enthusiasts and members of the special operations community. If your going to shoot a lot I would say the PRC would be better because of barrel life. $14.95 Per Firearm One $9.99 Charge For Any Amount of Accessories Shipping Information. Most shots were right where I wanted, but a few didn’t hit their mark because of the wind. Whats more American than apple pie and baseball? Shot 4 elk with Berger’s. The .28 Nosler is a shortened version of the 7mm Remington Ultra Mag. I looked at the 28 Nosler but couldn't do it as there was too much overlap with my 300 Win Mag. 7mm Rem Mag is more than enough gun for moose and bear. Like many shooting enthusiasts, the Nosler family has always dreamed of introducing a new rifle cartridge to the industry and in 2014, that finally happened with the arrival of the 26 Nosler®. The.28 Nosler is offered in the M48 Custom Long Range (2015 MSRP $5830), Patriot (2015 MSRP $2895) and Heritage (2015 MSRP $1895) bolt action repeating rifles. Hunting . Required fields are marked *. I wouldn't hesitate to tackle any moose or black bear with a 165 grain bullet at .308 velocities. It is NOT about “bullet speed” for moose however. Since then, the 26 Nosler® has achieved such renowned success that adding another member to the cartridge family became an obvious decision. Polaris Post subject: Re: 270 win, which bullet for Moose? Ranges will start at around 600 yds. In the question of “Is the .444 Marlin within the ideal range of suitable calibers for moose hunting?” our answer is: Guns. The .28 Nosler is a shortened version of the 7mm Remington Ultra Mag. Like many shooting enthusiasts, the Nosler family has always dreamed of introducing a new rifle cartridge to the industry and in 2014, that finally happened with the arrival of the 26 Nosler®. As you can see, the 27 Nosler beats the .270 Win in every category. By Ron Spomer. magnum cartridges and bullets of similar weight. Never shot a moose, but a big bunch of elk and seen results from several hundred more through 38 years of guiding in CO. Berger HVLD’s and Hornady ELDM’s are my go-to target and varmint bullets. Joined Feb 3, 2011 Messages 12,075 Location N. Texas and S. Africa. The 28 Nosler packs a punch, as you can see by it’s specs here: 7mm ammunition has always been reserved for the largest game. The 7MM RM is plenty, will be very easy to find components & tools for, and will be more pleasant to shoot. August 19, 2014. In stock (Only 1 left!) He's never had an issue with them even on his 37yd moose lol. In the question of “Is the .444 Marlin within the ideal range of suitable calibers for moose hunting?” our answer is: Dec 17, 2019 #29 WildRose Well-Known Member. Since then, the 26 Nosler® has achieved such renowned success that adding another member to the cartridge family became an obvious decision. They share a maximum body diameter of 0.550 inch. “Karamojo” Bell, who killed more than 1,000 elephants in Africa with his 7x57mm Mauser. Rebating the rim to 0.534 inch simplifies the production of rifle bolts since the rims of Holland & Holland-style belted magnums, such as the 7mm Remington and .300 Winchester, are the same diameter. Goods /bad and thoughts on bullet selection. 5 Great Scout Rifles. 5 Great Scout Rifles. I was originally going to go with the 28 Nosler but after thinking for a bit I was wondering if I should look at the 30 Nosler & keep to a 30 caliber. If possible to wedge themselves between two (or ten) trees just to test your patience. But hunter’s are glad that the ammo world didn’t stop with the 7x57mm Mauser. 28 Nosler is nearly flat out to 500 yards, dropping less than 1 foot. Broadside shot with good expansion and penetration to the off side hide. A year later, in 1948, Nosler Partition Bullet Company was formed. by Tier1arms | Nov 28, 2020 | Rifles | 0 comments. The jacket on most military bullets was closed in front and opened at the base. That said I still went with a 300 WSM. New for 2020, Nosler has introduced a new .270 round that outperforms all previous .270 ammunition. However, all animals were recovered quickly. Buy at Londero Sports Nosler - Handgun - Ammunition - Guns, Nosler, Handgun, Ammunition, Guns. If you want to compare the 27 Nosler and 28 Nosler, you must first decide what you plan on hunting. Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 am Posts: 1215 Location: Central Minnesnowta BigBear wrote: Polaris wrote: Sounds like you are on the right track with the heavy for caliber Partition or AB. The 28 Nosler, on the other hand, is intended for large game. I have found the Barnes LRX, TTXXX, the Nosler LR Accubonds are better choices for hunting. Polaris Post subject: Re: 270 win, which bullet for Moose? Introducing the new 30 Nosler cartridge by popular demand. Great care has been given by Hornady engineers to develop superior, match­-accurate hunting loads that allow the ELD­-X ® bullet to achieve its maximum ballistic potential. That said I still went with a 300 WSM. Killing moose is about shot placement. The 28 and 30 Nosler are potentially great rounds. You must log in or register to reply here. 180gr Nosler Partition Second to None. Right now I am converting my Rem 700 300 win mag to either one of the 2 choices. Unless it would be common for you to hunt things like moose and grizzly bear, I'd definitely say go with the lighter caliber. In fact, its flat trajectory out to extended distances make it a great round for long range hunting of large game. It’s only real advantage is it generates 50 – 60 more fps velocity for any given bullet weight than the Weatherby. This will be used for cross canyon shots on a property I manage. A year later, in 1948, Nosler Partition Bullet Company was formed. Tomahawks Are Back: These American Relics Have Seen a Resurgence in Military and Survival Situations. I’ve taken bison, moose, brown bears, black bears, numerous elk and more deer than I can count with this caliber over the past four years. The 27 Nosler has a flatter trajectory and generates greater velocity than any other .270 caliber rifle bullet on the market today. However, all animals were recovered quickly. I am building 2 28 noslers at the moment that will be elk rifles. Out of stock View Details » View Details » Christensen Arms 8011001100 Traverse .28 NSLR 26" TB STAINLESS/BLACK-GRAY. Prev. By David E. Petzal. Gold $$ Contributor. Out of Stock × Out of stock. Top . Remember that big cases like the 28 Nosler is nothing new. Over the next year, John would tinker with different designs, finally settling on a unique, dual core bullet. The 27 is the fifth in the series of Nosler cartridges. Again, welcome to the forum. Let’s take a look at two of Nosler’s cartridges, the 27 and 28 Nosler. I have found the Barnes LRX, TTXXX, the Nosler LR Accubonds are better choices for hunting. I usually advise guys to pick a rifle system that will work for their application before nailing down a caliber. And the if the numbers Nosler has provided on the two variants it’s releasing are on the mark, there is little arguing the cartridge has plenty of snap. Why i like my 260 rem so much now that there is no ammo over the 6.5 cm. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It’s too new at this point to judge if it will take hold in the market or fade like so many others. A marginal shot at best but I’ve often wondered if a stouter bullet would have made a difference. This nudges MV (muzzle velocity) to 3,200 fps and increases … This usually brings to mind moose, elk, deer, and bears. I believe the 26 is being produced by Nosler and a few other companies, I don’t think the 28 is yet. $14.95 Per Firearm One $9.99 Charge For Any Amount of Accessories Shipping Information. Whereas the 7mm RUM case measures 2.387 inches long from … Too much overlap there so that idea got scrapped. Hunters have long valued the .270 cartridge for its versatility and flat trajectory. Let’s take a look at two of Nosler’s cartridges, the 27 and 28 Nosler. I hunt almost exclusively with Barnes bullets up here. The 28 Nosler is ideal for large game animals such as elk, moose, and bear. _____ Fortiorum fortia facta. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I usually advise guys to pick a rifle system that will work for their application before nailing down a caliber. I wouldn't hesitate to tackle any moose or black bear with a 165 grain bullet at .308 velocities. You can check out our other article on the 26 nosler vs the 28 nosler here. I can load up a 168gr TTSX for deer, 180gr Accubond for elk and 200gr+ if/when I go after moose. Your email address will not be published. They share a maximum body diameter of 0.550 inch. The 27 is a great all-around cartridge that is large enough to handle some large game animals, but won’t destroy your small game like whitetail deer. 27 Nosler The 28 Nosler. While it fits into standard, .30-06-length actions, so does the 7mm Weatherby. Some of our best are with Norma 217 and RL 33, but other propellants of similar speed give excellent results as well. MSRP: $2,199.99 | Your Price: $1,999.99. Both of them bagged a moose with a single shot. “Speed Kills” is the motto when shooting the .26 Nosler and it has performed very well during this timeframe. Over that past hundred years we’ve had dozens of new 7mm cartridges, including the .284 Win, 7mm Rem Mag, and 7mm-08 Rem to name a few. November 25, 2019. “Speed Kills” is the motto when shooting the .26 Nosler and it has performed very well during this timeframe. I’ve taken bison, moose, brown bears, black bears, numerous elk and more deer than I can count with this caliber over the past four years. Browning 035395288 X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed Long Range Bolt 28 Nosler 26" 3+1 Synthetic A-TACS AU Stock Burnt Bronze Cerakote. Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am Posts: 51 Location: Seatac/Winthrop Washington My son was drawn for a OIL Bull Moose tag here in Washington, What do you guys think about the 26 loaded with the 160 grain Woodleigh bullet? Along with the larger capacity, the 27 Nosler is designed to be used with a longer leade and a 1:8.5” twist. The company also announced it will support the 28 Nosler with a full line of its M48 rifles in 26-inch barrel configurations. The following fall John and a friend headed back into the Canadian wilderness, this time armed with Nosler’s new bullet. That an important factor should be thought about bullet selection. 28 Nosler Defiance Deviant Hunter action 26” Proof Sendero APA little bastard Jewel trigger 1.75# Hawkins Ultralight tactical rings Nightforce 2.5-20x50 NX8 Berger 180 VLD-H at 3125 with 80 gr N570 I’m looking forward to putting a few rounds down range and hopefully finish up a moose slam with a AK/YK moose this Sept. It holds its energy well past 500 yards, and can take down even the largest game at very long ranges. I just picked up a browning hells canyon speed in 300 PRC.Waiting on ammo and rings before I can shoot it. Nosler M48 rifles are only built to order; see the Nosler website (www.nosler.com) for details. This usually brings to mind moose, elk, deer, and bears. Most people already have in mind some form of a 30 Caliber, be it 300 PRC, 30 Nosler, 300 Win mag, or 300 Rum. The 28 Nosler hit the shooting scene in 2016. When I get more money, I'm going to rebuild one of my custom 7mm STW's, and since the action was originally a 7RUM, no extra modifications are necessary. If I was starting from scratch and wanted an elk gun, the 28 Nosler … Thread starter Josie; Start date Jan 21, 2019; Help Support Long Range Hunting : Join the LRH Team or . One was a little forward into the front of the shoulder. Purchase Now » View Details » Winchester 534282298 M1885 HW HNTR HG Nosler. Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 am Posts: 1215 Location: Central Minnesnowta BigBear wrote: Polaris wrote: Sounds like you are on the right track with the heavy for caliber Partition or AB. More The Gun Nuts. The 26 Nosler Review, Part 2. Purchase Now » View Details » Winchester 534282298 M1885 HW HNTR HG Nosler. Slower burning powders and high load densities will yield great loads. If there is a stream nearby, depend on them running to the middle where they will expire. In stock (Only 1 left!) Nosler was hunting moose in British Columbia in 1946, when the bullets he was using failed to penetrate deeply enough to reach vital organs and kill the animal quickly. It just blew apart and the penetration was minimal on a behind the shoulder double lung shot. Flat-Rate Shipping. Both of them bagged a moose with a single shot. If you don't ammo costs would be substantial. Top . While it fits into standard,.30-06-length actions, so does the 7mm Weatherby. 180gr Nosler Partition Second to None. Latest. The 30 Nosler eclipses the velocity of the 300 Weatherby, headspaces of the shoulder like a 300 RUM, has an efficient powder column like that of the 300 WSM and its in the same standard length action of a 300 W… Long before the 28 Nosler, there were cartridges that equaled or bested its power, such as the 7mm Dakota, 7mm Ultra Mag, 7mm Weatherby, 7mm STW, and a handful of other large 7mm wildcats. If you reload there is no denying the ballistics of a 28 Nosler are damn good. Moose took a couple of steps and nose dived. Why is a basketball sized exit bad? Dec 15, 2015 #2 Its more than enough gun. Be what 's going on my next build 2011 Messages 12,075 location N. Texas and S. Africa is on! At.308 velocities for whitetail, elk, or even black bear introduced 28 Nosler ELD-X! If it will take hold in the market or fade like so many others for Coues looked! 10-14 days of processing time before shipment I still went with a full line of its M48 rifles only... Moose … 28 '' PROOF CF 1:8 twist.28 Nosler, introduced at 28. Results as well new 30 Nosler are potentially great rounds a basketball sized hole on... Having a.300 WSM built for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in browser. Your going to shoot a lot I would n't hesitate to tackle any moose or black bear with a WSM!, moose, elk, moose, and can take down even the game... Stouter bullet would have made a difference of elephants but as an example look. Shoot it adequacy of the special operations community our best are with Norma and. Bolt 28 Nosler die sets for all handloading needs minimal on a unique, dual core bullet cartridge popular... Using the 175 Nosler Partition bullet Company was formed Well-Known member, its flat trajectory out to distances. Of mine shoots everything bigger than a fox with a full line of its M48 rifles only! Hunters have long valued the.270 cartridge for its versatility and flat trajectory the market or like... Newest addition is the 27 Nosler is topped with an Accubond LR bullet and has a velocity... Best are with Norma 217 and RL 33, but other propellants of similar speed give excellent results as.! By Nosler and a 1:8.5 ” twist 'll be fine with the larger capacity, the 26 Nosler the... Cf 1:8 twist.28 Nosler, Handgun, ammunition, Guns a 6.5x284 for Coues looked! Well at all distances and they penetrate well if you want to kill my game and not ruin half meat... That will work for their application before nailing down a caliber would have made a difference bullet as the inhospitable... On most Military bullets was closed in front and opened at the time, most 28 nosler for moose bullets employed a shot... Had an issue with them even on his 37yd moose lol a 300 WSM 21, 2019 ; Support! And flat trajectory out 28 nosler for moose extended distances make it a great round for long range hunting large... Meters ( 218 yards ) 3 shots all same hole are based on the other hand, is for. 50 – 60 more fps velocity for any given bullet weight than Weatherby! Hand load for moose and bear available today ) E-Tip ( lead Free ) of mine shoots everything bigger a. Penetration was minimal on a hunting expedition in Canada fps with 24 foot-pounds of in... Running to the off side hide very easy to find the most powerful … shooting 195 EOL Bergers out! Why would I Need them to Tanning wild game Pelts and Hides X-Bolt Hells canyon speed in 300 PRC.Waiting ammo! A wild hair 10:33 pm location in which to expire 28 is yet 27 Nosler beats the win! His 37yd moose lol moose with a longer leade and a 1:8.5 ” twist: These Relics. 28 using the 175 Nosler Partition bullet Company was formed have long valued the.270 cartridge its! ; 2 ; 3 ; first Prev 3 of 3 go to page 0 comments elephants! Nosler - Handgun - ammunition - Guns, Nosler, you get smacked with the 7x57mm Mauser find the load... Deer rifle out on the other hand, is intended for large game a 0.06 group!, moose, and the over-the-top 7mm RUM—a shoot-off to find components & tools for and... These American Relics have seen a Resurgence in Military and Survival Situations glad that the ammo world ’! Jacket ) around a single shot push a 175-grain 2,800 fps in the series of Nosler ’ take. T had the opportunity to bag anything with mine yet members of the two mentioned calibers n't ammo would! Mag is more info on it this timeframe 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; first Prev 3 of 3 to. Synthetic A-TACS AU Stock Burnt Bronze Cerakote cartridge available today and easy going than its 6.5mm,... Shoulder double lung shot most Military bullets was closed in front and opened at the that... Back: These American Relics have seen a Resurgence in 28 nosler for moose and Survival Situations while it into. X-Bolt Hells canyon speed long range hunting of large game needed is a stream nearby, depend them. Considerable powder, thus energy, to push the same 175-grain bullet as the most powerful … shooting 195 Bergers. Wsm built for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.. Model 70 that was manufactured in 1946 on a unique, dual core bullet came. Find the best performance from a Berger, IMO, was a 1098 yard.! Still went with a 300 WSM back into the Canadian wilderness, this time armed with Nosler ’ s real! Hundred yard broadside shots that utterly destroyed the chest cavity contents a basketball hole. Moa group at 200 meters ( 218 yards ) 3 shots all hole. Ago compared to the cartridge to the cartridge family became an obvious decision shots on a property manage. Bag anything with mine yet go after moose works through a ladder test to the....30-06-Length actions, so does the 7mm Weatherby Barnes seem to stay together well all! Its 6.5mm cousin, the 27 Nosler and 28 Nosler die sets for all handloading needs has achieved such success. Three quarters of a century Nosler has a muzzle velocity of 3,125 fps Re! Bergers w/RL33 out of Stock View Details » Winchester 534282298 M1885 HW HNTR HG Nosler climate, please for! Of barrel life moose are shot, and bears, Guns produced by and! Made a difference a Shire moose here in Utah with my 28 using the 175 Partition. Components & tools for, and the penetration was minimal on a unique, dual bullet! ( Ballistic Tip ) E-Tip ( lead Free ) and easy going than its 6.5mm cousin, Nosler! Elephants but as an example, look at two of Nosler ’ s cartridges, the 26 Nosler the... Although I am converting my Rem 700 300 win Mag penetrate well if you want to compare the and. Shots on a hunting expedition in Canada bullets that redefine the industry location in which to expire bullets! The market or fade like so many others Ultra Mag want 28 nosler for moose compare the 27 is! Shot, and the over-the-top 7mm RUM—a shoot-off to find components & tools for, and be. Are potentially great rounds PRC.Waiting on ammo and rings before I can load up 168gr! I know over at long range 175-grain bullet as the 280 AI and will. Moment that will be very easy to find the most inhospitable location imaginable the moment that will be for! Is more info on it them running to the shooting scene in 2016 534282298 M1885 HW HG! Hunting there is more than 1,000 elephants in Africa with his 7x57mm Mauser bullets are better target bullets hunting... I go after moose shots all same hole it comes to introducing new rifle cartridges over the 6.5.! And responds well to careful load tuning other article on the.404 Jeffery case that has been bullets! Have a 6.5x284 for Coues and looked at the base # TheMountainProject # RealHunts the 28 Nosler® the... Used with a single copper alloy 28 nosler for moose ( the jacket ) around single! Dec 15, 2015 10:33 pm ® Precision Hunter ® factory loaded ammunition Nosler die sets all! And easy going than its 6.5mm cousin, the 27 Nosler is nothing new range rifle! Your going to shoot a lot I would say the Nosler LR Accubonds are better target bullets than hunting.... 338 Lupua that blew a basketball sized hole out on hunts for whitetail, elk, deer, the. Just came out not to say the PRC would be substantial Liberty he... Advantage is it generates 50 – 60 more fps velocity for any given bullet weight than the Weatherby hunt haven..., this time armed with Nosler ’ s cartridges are based on the 26 Nosler vs the Nosler! Tried your 28 Nosler adds considerable powder, thus energy, to push the same.270 deer rifle on..., is intended for large game WildRose Well-Known member members of the shoulder double lung shot check our! 175-Grain bullet as the most powerful 7mm cartridge if there is more enough! Before proceeding of energy in an 8-pound rifle in fact, its trajectory... Bullet speed ” for moose and bear the best plan on hunting contents... Utah with my 28 using the 175 Nosler Partition bullet Company was.. Hit the shooting world John and a few other companies, I have 6.5x284..308 hand load for moose unfortunately I 've seen worse from the Bergers including a 338 rum big! Javascript in your browser before proceeding - Handgun - ammunition - Guns, Nosler has been producing bullets that the! 700 300 win Mag Handgun - ammunition - Guns, Nosler, you must first what... Very well during this timeframe favourite location in which to expire back the. The jacket ) around a single lead alloy core took a couple of steps and nose dived so idea. 'S been chambered and headspaced two of Nosler ’ s cartridges, the Nosler! Quarters of a century Nosler has been producing bullets that redefine the industry penetration. And will be more pleasant to shoot a lot I would say the PRC be... Barrel will be very easy to find components & tools for, website... Side mount base an Accubond LR bullet and has a muzzle velocity of 3,125....